Grand Hero Battle: Iago

NSSKG151

Time to go up against everyone favorite tactician from Nohr, Iago! Also, this map has reinforcements which I don't think we had for quite some time for a GHB.

Hard/Lunatic Map

Spoiler

7BQpCxm.png

Infernal Map

Spoiler

Y4ek470.png

Edited by NSSKG151

Easy enough that I even managed to clear this map in one turn. Never gave him the chance to yelp out for reinforcements. Glad I got the opportunity to do a fast clear with a Galeforce team since I always wanted be able to do it at least once.

I cleared infernal using the typical gang of Sothis, Brave Michy, L.Eliwood, Peony. It took me a minute or less especially now that Michy also got Eliwood's buffs (Sothis no longer has Summoner Support so both are standing at 52 Atk). 

@SasoriIt was a nice clear, especially since you were using Julius a unit I am slowly trying to +10 myself. It was nice seeing him take so many hits like that with an ease. 

JAFFAAAAAAR! THERE'S COCKROACHES EVERYWHERE! I'M SO TICKED OFF THAT I'M MOLTING!

No, I am not sorry.

Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with Canas, L!Chrom, CelicAlm and Kronya and Infernal cleared with them as well but much more of a struggle to find a workable plan that didn't lead to someone (usually Kronya) dying.

As a side note, how is it the localisers gave him a better name? How did the writers for Fates think Macbeth was a good name choice?

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

As a side note, how is it the localisers gave him a better name? How did the writers for Fates think Macbeth was a good name choice?

Macbeth-

• Murdered his king and usurped the Scottish throne b/c witches, albeit initially with guilt. Killed for usurping but the rightful heir.

Iago-

• Tricked his superior Othello into thinking Desdemona was cheating on him to drive him mad. That insanity would have him removed from his post and Iago would take the prestigious military position instead.

If Iago exists to make Corrin insane (IDK), maybe it makes more sense. I'd like to pretend that a beta version of Iago was going to be a usurping bureaucrat to justify the Macbeth name.

It doesn't really matter, but this looks like Iago's BR final fight more than CQ's going off my memories. CQ's was the more memorable gameplay clash, but oh well.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

This is satisfactory for me.

Anyway, completed all three difficulties of the Iago GHB (Hard with my villain team of Black Knight, Arvis, Fallen Berkut, and Legion, and Lunatic and Infernal with my beast team of Tibarn, Reyson, Naesala, and Velouria). I immediately sent home all three Iago copies afterwards for feathers.

This took a little while since I didn't expect reinforcements after so many GHB had none to my memory. In the end my team of Roderick, Cecilia, Peony and Fallen Mareeta managed to clear it, so my evil mask husbando has joined the fray.

Brought along Garon for this map, thought it would be fitting for Iago to fight his old boss. Iago looks like an interesting unit, I'm going to take a look at him later. I wish he said his 'I'm afraid that's not possible' line.

@Sasori Now that's what I like to see!  Zooming around the map bailing out his allies just like in FE4.  I was pleasantly surprised to see you gave him DD4 - do you plan on merging him up?  Nice use of Vantage to clear out the bow cav too, he was by far the biggest threat on the map for me.

It initially looked like it was going to be really to do my usual duo clear if only due to the awkward starting positions making it tricky to keep the Lv. 1s out of harm's way, but an aggressive turn 1 solved that.  As I said, the bow cav is a huge pain the neck, and it took quite a few tries to get him to move in such a way where he couldn't take advantage of Pass picking off a weakened Ishtar/Julius or the Lv. 1s.  Julius also gets to show off his new toy courtesy of Midori.  How funny that the last few times IS introduces a "must have" skill for Julius, it requires sacrificing a kid...

I'm enjoying the male fanservice y'all!

Anyway, Leon and three dancers took this out without too many issues (yes, even that TA -raven guy, who melted to Aether).  Worst of it was figuring out who to put in the leftmost slot (really).

Eirika stomped this one as always, Iago thinks he won by having everyone away from each other but Aerobatics threw a wrench in his foolish plans. He died on turn 2 with only Peony's Ploy buffs supporting Eirika, which shows how pathetic Iago's defense is.

No video this time because I didn't feel like it. 

I knew that Lull from Lethe would come in handy someday.

Comments time!

@LordFrigid - That was impressive with the zipping and zooming and flying around. I didn’t realize that the Axe dude had Ignis, much less a Vantage Ignis. Fort Def came in handy there. I feel mad stupid, I though Lilith could only move to her support partner’s side if they were within 3 spaces. I was really surprised when I saw her fly to Caeda without having WOM~ That’s pretty noice!

@NSSKG151 -  I see Lon’qu, I am pleased. That was a really nice one turn, straightforward but still nice to see just how strong those units are~ Really cool!

@Sasori - Red Mages are always very fun~ People don’t often like the archetype, but Low Spd, high Res was definitely useful in this situation. I just love seeing Julius tank Blue units, that is just awesome!

@GuiltyLove - Tag away! I always like seeing more clears (though I may be late sometimes with replies because school is a pain). But as for this one, Catria with DC Vantage is a monster. Grima’s still a great tank and Tsubasa is always handy against Armors. Nice job!

@DLNarshen - All the magic on this map made this just the place for Julius to run house. Close Foil for him is amazing, especially with Mystic Boost, that's looking to be an iconic build for him~

Here's my video. I decided to something a little different this time:

@Maaka @BoaFerox @mcsilas @Zeo @mampfoid@SatsumaFSoysoy

@LordFrigid what a video! Showing that even not being able to use Galeforce, Lilith still is great on a Galeforce team. Leaving Iago for her was a nice touch.

@Sasori Wow! Red mages all over the place! That was really enjoyable to watch! Nice job!

@Landmaster Lolis killing every last one of them... A classic! Well done, Landy! This reminds me that Absorb staff exist! lol

@DLNarshen it's incredible how strong Julius can become by sacrificing childrens! This was a great video!

@LordFrigid Lilith! I see she serves Byleth instead of Corrin now. Hm.

@NSSKG151 Oh, nice one-turn. Cordy is always welcome.

@Sasori Didn't quite expect Morgan to be there when reading the title, but hey, I guess he counts. Nice squad of boys you've raised. The beating they took only made them stronger.

@DLNarshen I appreciate the effort with editing Alight and the Storm version. Close Foil is definitely a strong skill, and it does pair well with his tome's effect. Poor Midori.

@Landmaster Ah, this must be the chapter in Conquest when Iago and Hans tried to have all the Hoshidans, including Sakura, executed, but is stopped by the Nohrian royals. Except Elise is doing all the work. I didn't really expect to see you get pinned to the bottom like that, but I guess it had to be done to protect Sakura. Very cool clear.

@Alexmender @Zeo @mcsilas

Got to use three units I don't really use super often, and show off new Resp Azura... Not that her set is super relevant to this GHB. It does Panic the Blue Mage Knight at the start, who's the recipient of Atk Opening, so Lute didn't take as much damage, I guess.

Also, I accidentally turned all my Iagos into manuals. Didn't even get the flowers first. Whoops.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

The power of lolis... I'm impressed you've been able to get all those skills for them!

I didn't know Azura and Odin were considered Lolis, but alright...

EDIT: I knew that it was for Landy, but Odin appreciated the compliment anyway lol

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Bartre & Bartre return in their newest one-turn clear. This one was rather difficult because both Bartres are so difficult to get into wings of mercy range, I just barely managed it by smashing through the reds with OG Bartre. Cannot wait until May so I can +10 spring Bartre to get him a bit more speed and power.

@LordFrigid Ooo nice clear! It's awesome to see groom Marth. Also neat to see Lilith already, even if her special teleporting wasn't absolutely necessary here. Hopefully I can get a copy at some point to use in my one-turn clears.

@NSSKG151 Eliwood destroying people as usual is always wonderful to see. I cannot wait for his resplendent version. Great clear!

@Sasori Lots of red here! Also so many Julius around lately making me regret not building him up. Excellent job!

@GuiltyLove Nothing wrong with using all fliers! Especially a monster like DC vantage sword Catria. Very nice clear!

@DLNarshen Julius bringing death to people once again! It's neat to see two people clears like this. Awesome clear!

@Landmaster I can safely say I haven't seen a lull skill on a healer before. She's pretty terrifying with absorb. Was somewhat hoping the music box music would continue the whole clear, just to make it somewhat creepy. Good job as usual!

@Diovani Bressan Nice to see Azura emblem clears! Odin in a clear! He's one of those units I wanted to +10, but never got around to because I'm afraid he will sit around doing nothing forever. Glad to see you put him to good use!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Ooo Lute and Clarisse this time! I certainly love the variety in the units you use. I really need to try using something other than Bartre at some point. Amazing clear!

@Rezzy Celica nuking is beautiful as usual. Also nice to see Fjorm getting some love as well, even if just a little. Nice job!

@Wanda Fast CC vantage clears are always nice to see! Good job!

Shamefully had to resort to giving Nowi buffs on turn one, couldn't true solo this, even though it's a mere Infernal.  Couldn't make her survive the TA tome if the axe guy wasn't taken out turn one, and if I made her skills offensive enough to pull that off she couldn't tank the rest.  Not to mention the starting positions left the other Nowi's sitting ducks for the enemies to go past the solo one to hit them if I didn't take out most enemies first round.  Maybe if I get a Nowi refine someday I could revisit this and try to beat it legit but for now I admit defeat.

2 hours ago, Maaka said:

Bartre & Bartre return in their newest one-turn clear. This one was rather difficult because both Bartres are so difficult to get into wings of mercy range, I just barely managed it by smashing through the reds with OG Bartre. Cannot wait until May so I can +10 spring Bartre to get him a bit more speed and power.

Hide contents

@LordFrigid Ooo nice clear! It's awesome to see groom Marth. Also neat to see Lilith already, even if her special teleporting wasn't absolutely necessary here. Hopefully I can get a copy at some point to use in my one-turn clears.

@NSSKG151 Eliwood destroying people as usual is always wonderful to see. I cannot wait for his resplendent version. Great clear!

@Sasori Lots of red here! Also so many Julius around lately making me regret not building him up. Excellent job!

@GuiltyLove Nothing wrong with using all fliers! Especially a monster like DC vantage sword Catria. Very nice clear!

@DLNarshen Julius bringing death to people once again! It's neat to see two people clears like this. Awesome clear!

@Landmaster I can safely say I haven't seen a lull skill on a healer before. She's pretty terrifying with absorb. Was somewhat hoping the music box music would continue the whole clear, just to make it somewhat creepy. Good job as usual!

@Diovani Bressan Nice to see Azura emblem clears! Odin in a clear! He's one of those units I wanted to +10, but never got around to because I'm afraid he will sit around doing nothing forever. Glad to see you put him to good use!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Ooo Lute and Clarisse this time! I certainly love the variety in the units you use. I really need to try using something other than Bartre at some point. Amazing clear!

@Rezzy Celica nuking is beautiful as usual. Also nice to see Fjorm getting some love as well, even if just a little. Nice job!

@Wanda Fast CC vantage clears are always nice to see! Good job!

Wow, you use Bartre! That's impressive. I always send him home immediately haha.

Why does Bartre have Savage Blow 2 instead of 3? These Lunge strategies are so cool! 

Edited by GuiltyLove