Grand Hero Battle: Iago

NSSKG151

@Landmaster Nice Elise Team clear. They can't defeat OG Elise that easily.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice clear. It's not often I see Clarisse and the Lute being used in Heroes.

@Maaka Nice one turn clear with Bartre! Yeah, Eilwood's resplendent art definitely looks great compared to his original art.

Since I liked this map so much I went back and cleared it again except this time I used my four favorite characters from Fates.

Wow, for the first time in a long while I couldn't get my usual team of L!Ike, Julia, B!Lucina, and L!Lucina to work. Iago's constant debuffs and the separated starting positions made it hard to do enough initial damage since Ike couldn't solo the right side during EP1. In the end I switched him out for Altina, which made things much easier.

I also did an Infernal clear with my team of favorites, namely Julia, Lucina, and the Morgan twins. Surprisingly easy now that F!Morgan has her swanky new tome to improve her offense.

On 4/12/2020 at 1:25 PM, SuperNova125 said:

I cleared infernal using the typical gang of Sothis, Brave Michy, L.Eliwood, Peony. It took me a minute or less especially now that Michy also got Eliwood's buffs (Sothis no longer has Summoner Support so both are standing at 52 Atk). 

@SasoriIt was a nice clear, especially since you were using Julius a unit I am slowly trying to +10 myself. It was nice seeing him take so many hits like that with an ease. 

Its always fun to see Julius completely ignore the weapon triangle. He is kind of a unique res tank so I can why its a fun idea to +10 him. Good luck getting the way too much grails to do so.

18 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@Sasori Now that's what I like to see!  Zooming around the map bailing out his allies just like in FE4.  I was pleasantly surprised to see you gave him DD4 - do you plan on merging him up?  Nice use of Vantage to clear out the bow cav too, he was by far the biggest threat on the map for me.

It initially looked like it was going to be really to do my usual duo clear if only due to the awkward starting positions making it tricky to keep the Lv. 1s out of harm's way, but an aggressive turn 1 solved that.  As I said, the bow cav is a huge pain the neck, and it took quite a few tries to get him to move in such a way where he couldn't take advantage of Pass picking off a weakened Ishtar/Julius or the Lv. 1s.  Julius also gets to show off his new toy courtesy of Midori.  How funny that the last few times IS introduces a "must have" skill for Julius, it requires sacrificing a kid...

Julius and the word mercy should't mix, but his warp rescue's where both needed and fitting considering what he does in the second gen. Sadly I don't think I'll be able to +10 Julius. I already have another Grail project and by the time I'd have a +10 julius it'd be 2030.

Raigh is pretty good against cavalry on these difficulties. He can usually one shot them which makes ranged ponies a lot less of a pain.

Also wow at a +10 Ishtar. You don't see those every day. Surprised she tanked the brave archer so well. Wasn't surprised to see Julius tank all those enemies. Aside from how well he dealt with physical ones as well

18 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I knew that Lull from Lethe would come in handy someday.

@Sasori - Red Mages are always very fun~ People don’t often like the archetype, but Low Spd, high Res was definitely useful in this situation. I just love seeing Julius tank Blue units, that is just awesome!

While I don't mind the bulky slow red mages, I do wish they'd introduce a more speedy red mage already. Mmorgan and Raigh could do speed duty well in this clear though. And yeah I always like seeing Julius laugh at the weapon triangle

Nice clear. A bit of a rougher GHB then the usual ones I think. That was quite the army staring down at them after the first turn and Miracle saw good use. Might try that Elise build if I ever decide to pity build Forrest.

18 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Here's my video. I decided to something a little different this time:

@Sasori Wow! Red mages all over the place! That was really enjoyable to watch! Nice job!

Thanks. I might have made things a bit easier for myself if I remembered that dark magic isn't exclusively red any longer. Still it was fun to work around the two blue units on this map.

And oh wow a Odin solo. He did nicely against all, but that annoying staff unit. He came a long way from worst unit in the game to pulling stuff like that off.

16 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Sasori Didn't quite expect Morgan to be there when reading the title, but hey, I guess he counts. Nice squad of boys you've raised. The beating they took only made them stronger.

He's certainly a bit less edgy then your avarage dark mage and thanks. Now that you mention it, the entire team did have -hp skills.

Also nice clear. Tiki and Lute are cool units and I did't expect to join them in putting in a good amount of work.

11 hours ago, Maaka said:

@Sasori Lots of red here! Also so many Julius around lately making me regret not building him up. Excellent job!

Thanks  Also nice clear on your end too. Lunge and Bartre's aren't a thing you see often. I give it a M for manly.

Edited by Sasori

@Landmaster Either one of the final two enemies would have been bad news for horse Elise, so that second Miracle charge was quite timely!  Not sure if it would have mattered, but thing the green mage attacked first so that the blue flier went from summer Elise instead.  I'm guessing you inherited Atk/Spd Solo from Lethe and the Lull was just leftover? =P

@Diovani Bressan What, we don't get to hear Odin's hammy special lines?  Poor Azura taking abuse from the Pain staff while Odin goes on his rampage...at least she got to take part in the final dance chain that ended the map.

@SatsumaFSoysoy My original plan was to shift between the two versions with each combat like in the actual game, but I couldn't get the transitions quite, and was proving a bit tedious to say the least. x)  

It's not often one sees Clarisse in a clear!  I wasn't sure if she would be able to contribute much without a lot of investment, but those fears were laid to rest.  HP-stacked Azura was also interesting to see - I didn't even realize she could get that high without full merges + dragon flowers.  As for Lute, well...優秀ですから indeed.   

@Maaka Not just one, but two Bartres in a one-turn clear?  Now that's quite the flex, literally.  Looking forward to seeing spring Bartre at his true power later.

@Sasori I understand that struggle all too well...there are so many grail projects I want to work on, I can't keep up.  

4 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

What, we don't get to hear Odin's hammy special lines?  Poor Azura taking abuse from the Pain staff while Odin goes on his rampage...at least she got to take part in the final dance chain that ended the map.

I am not able to record with internal audio, and where I live is not that quiet to record using the mic.

I could try to install Heroes on my PC, but... nah.

11 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Wow, you use Bartre! That's impressive. I always send him home immediately haha.

Why does Bartre have Savage Blow 2 instead of 3? These Lunge strategies are so cool! 

Poor Bartre 😞 Anyhow, he has savage blow 2 because savage blow 3 would have done too much damage to the blue mage. Spring Bartre would have only gotten one hit off and wouldn't galeforce.

23 hours ago, Maaka said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Ooo Lute and Clarisse this time! I certainly love the variety in the units you use. I really need to try using something other than Bartre at some point. Amazing clear!

In truth I don't use as much of a variety as I'd like, but I guess that could change.

Nice double Bartre. It never fails to impress me when Bartre doubles everything reliably, because I always remember him having low base Spd. He really smashed Iago up.

@NSSKG151 Clarisse and Lute are definitely both underused. But I guess it's very understandable for Clarisse lol. Nice theme clear btw. Admittedly I was expecting Felicia instead of Elise, but it makes sense since she joins Corrin's side on all routes too, just unplayable in BR.

@DLNarshen Yeah, it's not easy to edit the music for sure. Especially since for most of the Fates battle themes, there's no natural transition point in the music until at least 20 seconds in iirc. Hard to make it sound right.

I didn't really expect Lute to perform that well, honestly. I forgot to switch Clarisse back to her bow to spread more debuffs, but I guess showing off the Short Bow I gave her is nice.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@NSSKG151 Clarisse and Lute are definitely both underused. But I guess it's very understandable for Clarisse lol. Nice theme clear btw. Admittedly I was expecting Felicia instead of Elise, but it makes sense since she joins Corrin's side on all routes too, just unplayable in BR.

I didn't have a Felicia (or a Jakob) trained up so I went with the next best thing and used Elise since she is the only royal who never opposes Corrin in any of the Fate's routes.

@DLNarshen Nice new toy on Julius! Ishtar taking so little damage from the Brave Bow surprised me! Yay Silas cameo  Great job on the music edits, too

@Landmaster Whoa, you were really cornered there, thank goodness for Elise's Miracle activating multiple times!

@Diovani Bressan Power overflowing! Too bad there was no sound, his lines are fun to listen, too. Nice job breaking through the stupid TA Green Mage and Dull Ranged cleric!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oooh nice showcase of lesser seen ladies! Clarisse has a great voice, never thought of using Short Bow on her. Lute sure cleaned up a lot of things especially with Desperation, while Tiki is always a solid EP unit especially with her Breath. Huh, HP Azura panicking enemies with her smile sure is something.

@Maaka Bartre x Bartre GF fun! Lunge really helped you with that map!

@Zeo @mampfoid @daisy jane @Alexmender @Ginko @daisy jane

So Fates GHB means obligatory Fates clears

Firstly a Nohr clear with some of my favourites, Silas and Odin!

Team is +Atk +1 Silas, +Atk/-Res Odin, +Atk/-Res Brave Camilla and +Spd +1 Perforing Azura

Music is A Dark Fire from Fire Emblem Fates

- Featuring two of my favourite Nohrians- Odin and Silas. Wanted to show off a double Brazen Res + Berkut's Lance build to tank Iago (thanks to Azura's Drive Res), while Silas's Reposition helped activate Odin's omnibuffs. Unfortunately both a TA Green mage and Blarwolf was too much for repeated Berkut's Lance tanking.

- Odin needed Spd +3 to double the blue mage in enemy phase because of the Solo skill. Camilla showed off her great offensive presence with her Tier 4 Push, although she needed Live to Serve to keep activating it.

- Because of the darn Gronnraven TA mage, Azura was the best answer I had to that annoying mage cav. A Smite from Odin also allowed Azura to distract the blue mage flier for a bit.

---

And now for a Hoshido version of the GHB!

Team is +Spd/-Res Saizo, +Atk/-Res Hinoka, neutral New Year Azura and +Res/-Spd Hot Spring Sakura

Music is Way of the Overlord from Samurai Shodown 2019

- Saizo's Star + dancer = mayhem. Saizo needed Atk+3 to cleanly KO the archer, but also needed Brazen buffs for other enemies. Vantage and well-timed specials were key in tackling this map.

- Sakura needed Atk/Spd Bond to double the axe infantry (Hans?) and needed a well-timed Miracle to bait the bow archer while dishing a Pain bomb back. Miracle tanking was the key move, as before I kept getting stuck with Saizo leaving the blue mage flier with 1 HP left no matter what I could do.

- Hinoka needed Flier Formation to immediately jump into the centre and join the party at the start, but also came in clutch later on when Iago approached. Sakura attacking Iago meant Hinoka can jump in and delete him while Azura warped to get rid of the Raven green mage thanks to Hinoka's Spear.

---

Finally, here's a Heirs of Fate clear with my other favourite, Shiro!

Team is +Atk +1 Shiro, +Spd/-Def Siegbert, +HP/-Def Rhajat and neutral Selkie

Music is Far Away (Deeds) from Fire Emblem Fates

- AKA Siegbert enlists Hoshidans kids to deal with his Grandpa's tactician. Sadly no orbs to spare for Forrest yet. Rhajat is the magic damage dealer of the team, her Wolf tome came in handy with all those cavs and Savage Blow + Drive Atk helped Siegbert secure his kill against the Brave Bow archer. Vantage

- Selkie needed Atk and Def Tactic to deal with the sword cav and general mobile mage kiling.

- Turn order was important in the last turns, luckily Sigebert's Drag Back and Rhajat's Draw Back was the key to delete that mage flier.

@Landmaster

Absorb strats really are something...reminds me of SoV Faye. Or almost Fates Odin, except he doesn’t actually kill things. Nice work!

@Diovani Bressan

Speaking of Odin, yours made pretty short work of everything here. Truly, his darkness was darker than Iago’s. Great job!

@Maaka

Nice job on your clear as well! I never thought I’d see two Bartres zooming around a map, Galeforcing their way to victory. Now build up Fir and Karla for the family one-turn.

@SatsumaFSoysoy

Wow, Clarisse, huh. Don’t see her too often...I think the last time might have been the last time I cleared her GHB (unless you count that one A Day in the Life comic a while back). Hm. But clearly, Tiki & Lute were the stars of the show here. Nice to see that Tiki’s still got it after all this time. Nice work!

@mcsilas

Lol, nice flex with the double-Brazen Silas!  He hits what, 48 Res with that build?  Wild.

Saizo is clearly the star of the second clear, but I'm partial to my personal fave Hinoka's performance in this one.  I sometimes lament the lack of good combat skills available to fliers, but their movement is really fun if you can pull it off, especially with tools like Drag Back.

The Fates kids one was my favorite because of all the fancy movement and Galeforce tricks you were able to squeeze into it.  Especially at the end with dragging the blue flier into Selkie's range!

On 4/16/2020 at 9:29 PM, mcsilas said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oooh nice showcase of lesser seen ladies! Clarisse has a great voice, never thought of using Short Bow on her. Lute sure cleaned up a lot of things especially with Desperation, while Tiki is always a solid EP unit especially with her Breath. Huh, HP Azura panicking enemies with her smile sure is something.

She panics them with her 60% Str growth.

Speaking of 60% Str growth, your Azura was smacking people left and right. Very nice.

The Hoshidan clear was cool too. Close call with Miracle on Bath Sakura, and then a series of teleports to finish the job. I wish I pulled Bath Sakura.

The kids took quite a beating early on, so that clear was intense from the start. I like how Shiro and Siegbert had to work together to kill Iago.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:28 PM, LordFrigid said:

Wow, Clarisse, huh. Don’t see her too often...I think the last time might have been the last time I cleared her GHB (unless you count that one A Day in the Life comic a while back). Hm. But clearly, Tiki & Lute were the stars of the show here. Nice to see that Tiki’s still got it after all this time. Nice work!

I wonder if she will ever get a Prf.

Sorry for the lateness~

@Diovani Bressan - Oho, Odin Dark and his groupies~ And with double Brazen, that is a scary Odin for sure. The Moonbow EP kill was a perfect finish~

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Cool, some new faces. I like how spread out they were, each side was fully capable on their own for the most part. Some nice teamwork between them made this one fun to watch, and nice music!

@GuiltyLove - no Skill is too premium for the Elises!

@Maaka - I wanted to do that with the music, but it was only like a minute long and I didn’t want it to sound awkward by chopping it up~ I need some extended Music Box versions~

So are you saying the Bartres are too THICC? Watching two Bartres flying all over the place is one of the great joys in life~ 

@Nowi's Husband - That was still a really nice clear, even with that bit of support, she still handled most on her own~

@NSSKG151 - What a NOICE selection of favorite characters you have~ Nice work with getting the necessary kills and then setting up for the 

enemy phase, well done!

@DLNarshen - yep, from NY!Lethe. The Lull was needed for that Bow Cav, usually they’re on the slow side, so I guess that’s why they made this one a speed demon. 

@mcsilas - B!Camilla is crazy with the damage. Then again, so is Odin. Even Azura got to play, as all Dancers should. I see you wanted to flex with Silas taking that AOE and 0 damage from Iago~

Gasp, Azura cloned herself and converted to Hoshidianism~ Drag Back on Hinoka was pretty nice so she could stay out of harms way while bullying the opponents. The music was great, I love how it paused when Sakura lived on Miracle. Vantage Bonfire was a great finisher.

Ah the good Royal bois~ Selkie and Siegbert loving to live on the wild side.I see you also run the Vantage Rhajat, worked well for those tricky ponies. This was a nice one, everyone worked together for the final Bignis~

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I usually don't record Infernal clears anymore, but this was a bit annoying so I decided to document it.

As annoying as this map is, I don't hate it for some reason. I find it funny half your team doesn't care about bows. 

It bittersweet to look at DDR!Katarina knowing that it took 900+ orbs for 3 copies but that's RNG for you. Anyway, we take on some third rate "tactician". 

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

12 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

As annoying as this map is, I don't hate it for some reason. I find it funny half your team doesn't care about bows. 

It bittersweet to look at DDR!Katarina knowing that it took 900+ orbs for 3 copies but that's RNG for you. Anyway, we take on some third rate "tactician". 

Hide contents

Those were so many close calls. Surviving with 1 HP is always thrilling!

900 orbs? Ouch... My previous disaster with the last DSH banner made me not want to pull on anything until the anniversary. I hope you can keep saving up again!