FE: Three Houses, Is it worth/ What are the differences between the 3 houses

9 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Ironically, Claude is my least favourite Lord because I deem him to clean, I do still consider him a great and likeable character, the problem is that he stands in direct comparison to characters like Dimitri, Edelgard or Rhea. You know how difficult it is for me to feel sympathy for a religious fanatic who kills anyone who opposes her faith? This game somehow did that. I think Claude would need some more major flaw to compete with the rest when it comes to being compelling. I don't actually consider being a schemer to be a character flaw. 

I guess we are all affected by our experiences, I would be no exception. The politicians of Sweden are well known for being spineless when it comes to dealing with the actual issues of this country, they squabble with each other instead of trying to deal with our issues and I don't believe a single one of them genuinely believe in ideology except furthering their own career. As such, I have an admiration for decisive leaders like Edelgard, who sees a problem and does her best to fix it, she is genuinely someone who believe in what she's doing and her ideology. She conquers not for personal power, but because she believes what she is doing will help the world. If Sweden had even a single politician who are willing to actually do something and had people's best interest at heart. I would vote for them in a heartbeat. However nice a guy Claude is, his reluctance to take action reminds me too much of the spinelessness of our politicians. I do not think that slow, incremental change is necessarily always works out, sometimes that allows injustice to be tolerated in the name of peace for longer than it should. 

What does this Edelgard stand for in your mind? In mind, she stands for equal opportunity, enlightenment, unity, secularism and a better future. I bet your list is altogether different

to me she is like the president in my country, some one who forces what he thinks is right, regardless of reality proving proving them wrong every single time, Claude's peaceful worked better and in a shorter time then edelgard's warmongering as a proof that the gentile approach works better than muscle your way to a reformation,  after all, it's easier to reform a system by working with it then trying to clash with it from the outside

although like I said I don't her as person, but I respect her for being a well- written and well devolved character, with understandable reasons for her unforgivable actions (different from my president, who just does that because he is either insane of just because Trump did it first)

53 minutes ago, darkblade2814 said:

to me she is like the president in my country, some one who forces what he thinks is right, regardless of reality proving proving them wrong every single time, Claude's peaceful worked better and in a shorter time then edelgard's warmongering as a proof that the gentile approach works better than muscle your way to a reformation,  after all, it's easier to reform a system by working with it then trying to clash with it from the outside

although like I said I don't her as person, but I respect her for being a well- written and well devolved character, with understandable reasons for her unforgivable actions (different from my president, who just does that because he is either insane of just because Trump did it first)

While I have no idea who your president is, if you believe that he is doing what he thinks is right, you have more faith in earths politicians than I do. Whatever they say in most cases they are only interested in furthering their own power. 

I guess where we differ is that I actually don't believe Claude's methods would work in the real world, or at least that it doesn't always work, sometimes if people want rights, you need to be willing to fight for them, something I see as the only lacking in the modern world. However horrible the initial time period was, I think people fail to realise that our current way of life is owed to the likes of the French Revolution. Or the American War of Independence and the Civil War. Weren't the slaves freed only because of military action? So I think that Edelgard's ways aren't completely without merit. I think the only reason Claude managed to accomplish anything is the same reason as everyone else, Byleth. If the war didn't happened and if the Archbishop are never imprisoned, I do believe his methods would prove to be ineffective. He's just taking advantage of Edelgard's actions to push his own agenda. But that is one of his strengths, Claude is quite good at exploiting the situation to his benefit

I actually don't believe anything is completely unforgivable, what is important to me is remorse, if someone has that there is still hope for them. Edelgard does feel guilty and she does feel the weight of all those casualties, that to me makes all the difference. It is the same with Dimitri, his remorse over all the deaths he has caused makes it so I wouldn't hold that against him. Killing either Edelgard or Dimitri because of what they have done is pointless, as if they live, they will spend the rest of their lives making up for it. I don't think either is especially likely to repeat these actions. 

Edelgard is actually significantly less of a warmonger than she first seems, in fact, there is evidence she seems to avoid war whenever possible. Especially in her statements about Almyra in her paralogue. The Fodlan war is actually the outlier and I don't think she would want anything like this to happen again in her lifetime. Edelgard almost seems to be in a state of constant mourning for the lives lost, even placing flowers on the graves of the fallen. Gestures like that makes her better than a typical villain

Granted, I have a feeling nothing I say can ever change your mind, like I don't think my mind would ever be changed. Maybe it is because we live on opposite sides of the world, my country is as far from authoritarian as you can get, but I see the flaws in such a system, as well as the strengths of a more decisive leadership, as long the leader is a good person. 

1 hour ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

While I have no idea who your president is, if you believe that he is doing what he thinks is right, you have more faith in earths politicians than I do. Whatever they say in most cases they are only interested in furthering their own power. 

I guess where we differ is that I actually don't believe Claude's methods would work in the real world, or at least that it doesn't always work, sometimes if people want rights, you need to be willing to fight for them, something I see as the only lacking in the modern world. However horrible the initial time period was, I think people fail to realise that our current way of life is owed to the likes of the French Revolution. Or the American War of Independence and the Civil War. Weren't the slaves freed only because of military action? So I think that Edelgard's ways aren't completely without merit. I think the only reason Claude managed to accomplish anything is the same reason as everyone else, Byleth. If the war didn't happened and if the Archbishop are never imprisoned, I do believe his methods would prove to be ineffective. He's just taking advantage of Edelgard's actions to push his own agenda. But that is one of his strengths, Claude is quite good at exploiting the situation to his benefit

I actually don't believe anything is completely unforgivable, what is important to me is remorse, if someone has that there is still hope for them. Edelgard does feel guilty and she does feel the weight of all those casualties, that to me makes all the difference. It is the same with Dimitri, his remorse over all the deaths he has caused makes it so I wouldn't hold that against him. Killing either Edelgard or Dimitri because of what they have done is pointless, as if they live, they will spend the rest of their lives making up for it. I don't think either is especially likely to repeat these actions. 

Edelgard is actually significantly less of a warmonger than she first seems, in fact, there is evidence she seems to avoid war whenever possible. Especially in her statements about Almyra in her paralogue. The Fodlan war is actually the outlier and I don't think she would want anything like this to happen again in her lifetime. Edelgard almost seems to be in a state of constant mourning for the lives lost, even placing flowers on the graves of the fallen. Gestures like that makes her better than a typical villain

Granted, I have a feeling nothing I say can ever change your mind, like I don't think my mind would ever be changed. Maybe it is because we live on opposite sides of the world, my country is as far from authoritarian as you can get, but I see the flaws in such a system, as well as the strengths of a more decisive leadership, as long the leader is a good person. 

as long as the leader is not batsh*t insane like the one in my country, I don't mind as well

12 minutes ago, darkblade2814 said:

as long as the leader is not batsh*t insane like the one in my country, I don't mind as well

Does that mean that the difference in opinion is that I don't think Edelgard is insane and you do?

Edelgard isn't perfect and she is capable of making mistakes, but one thing I do like about her is that she is willing to listen to the counsel of her companions, especially people with different views like Ferdinand. I think part of the problem is that before the reveal she really didn't have any decent counsel being surrounded only by the worst people in the continent , plus Hubert, who I am not convinced really gives that great advice. But with the right guidance. I believe she can be a great leader

28 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Does that mean that the difference in opinion is that I don't think Edelgard is insane and you do?

Edelgard isn't perfect and she is capable of making mistakes, but one thing I do like about her is that she is willing to listen to the counsel of her companions, especially people with different views like Ferdinand. I think part of the problem is that before the reveal she really didn't have any decent counsel being surrounded only by the worst people in the continent , plus Hubert, who I am not convinced really gives that great advice. But with the right guidance. I believe she can be a great leader

I wasn't talking about Edelgad, she is as sane as she can be under her circumstances, also agreed on her inner circule

19 hours ago, darkblade2814 said:

I wasn't talking about Edelgad, she is as sane as she can be under her circumstances, also agreed on her inner circule

Given that it seems that your problem has less to do with Edelgard herself and more about your president, it is just unfortunate that Edelgard kind of reminds you of him, even if the similarity is only surface level. Kind of reminds me of a person I met once who disliked Edelgard because she reminded him of his ex-girlfriend. You are entitled to your opinion, but is that truly Edelgard's fault?

But maybe it isn't any different from me disliking Rhea because of the actions of real-life religious fanatics, but once again I really do like her as a character even if not as a person. Some part of me feels really sorry for her for what she has been through, it is just that I find her attitude towards those who oppose her to be so terrible that it is very hard to overlook.  Maybe this is comparable to how you feel about Edelgard, considering them a deep and complex character that you really like from a writing perspective, but you can't like them as a person due to their connection to an ideology you really despise.