Idea for Smash DLC Pass 3: Villains!

Lord_Brand

Since the DLC fighters have so far been mostly heroes or at least protagonists, I thought it'd be fun if there was a DLC Pass dedicated to villains, third party villains in particular. My picks:

1. Crow - The villain protagonist of Nefarious, who packs a metal fist, a grenade launcher that can also shoot missiles, sticky bombs, and machine gun bullets, and the Punch-Bot or Doom Howitzer for his Final Smash.
  2. Dr. Eggman - Sonic's archnemesis, who pilots the Egg Mobile, outfitted with a variety of weapons including the Volkan Cannon, Lock-On Missiles, drills, and the ever-classic wrecking ball. His Final Smash is the Death Egg Robot, which delivers a crushing punch to the stage from the background, much like Giga Bowser. Includes Classic and Boom costumes.
  3. Dr. Wily - Mega Man's archnemesis, who pilots a Wily Capsule equipped with arms and an arsenal of weapons. His Final Smash is Wily Machine, specifically the one from Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, which fires a beam from its mouth cannon that behaves similar to Samus's Zero Laser and Mii Gunner's Max Blast.
  4. Dr. Neo Cortex - Crash Bandicoot's archnemesis, who wields a blaster and N. Brio's beakers as weapons, and calls upon his mutant Cortex Commandos for backup.
  5. Risky Boots - Shantae's archnemesis, who wields a scimitar and pistol as her main weapons, and also makes use of her hat, boots, cannon, and Tinkerbats. Her Final Smash calls upon the Tinkertub to bombard the stage with cannonballs.
  6. Garland - The original Final Fantasy villain, who wields the transforming greatsword Rebellion. Garland can transform Rebellion into an axe, spear, or whip, and use the elemental attacks Blaze, Tsunami, Cyclone, and Earthquake. His Final Smash, Chaos Flare, transforms him into Chaos, who casts the mighty Flare spell.

I went for some of video gaming's biggest bads, plus an indie darkhorse. I know Sephiroth should probably take Garland's spot, being the more popular FF villain and Cloud's archnemesis, but I like Garland's moveset potential.

How about the rest of you? Who would you pick for a villain-themed DLC Fighter Pass?

Seeing Risky without Shantea seems a bit odd. They're definitely a pair. But I'd like Risky. She's a fun character that likely would be a ton of fun for the Palutena Guidance to explore....if they'd still did that at least. 

Hades: The first one on my list would definitely be Hades. I don't care how, I don't care what he's able to do, and I don't care if its the most blatant case of Sakurai bias. I just want to see him. He's the best villain Nintendo has on offer and deserves to be in another game. 
Dr Eggan: I'd second that one. He is one of the more iconic gaming villains after all and he's quite familiar with the Nintendo family already. A nice gimmick could be that he'd ride various of his boss robot that you can destroy. Once you do he's left in his usual Eggbot which would have pretty pathetic abilities. 
Ganondorf: If Sakurai is hesitant of outright removing Falcondorf and doesn't know what other Zelda characters to add then the actual Ganondorf would be a good option. Link and Zelda already have various incarnation so it would be nice if the real Ganondorf would show his impostor who's boss. Rather than out of character fist fighting he'd have destructive magic and a trident 
Malos: He's easy. Just make him a heavyweight echo of Shulk with hammy voice acting. 
Dimentio: A representation of the Paper Mario series. A lightweight, floaty magic user. 
Pokey Minch: Just a scaled down version of his Subspace boss battle. 

I don't know... I'm not a big fan of this idea. Some franchises are more deserving of villains than others. The only one I REALLY get is Porky (Pokey Minch). Earthbound has TWO protagonists in the game, so a villain is justified. Without Shantae, Risky Boots would be pointless in my opinion. I think a boss battle mode featuring these villains would be cool though! 

Interesting idea. The thing is, a lot of notable villains (at least that I can think of) would be better off as bosses (or even stages in the case of a character like Hades from Kid Icarus: Uprising). If we're talking about villains in games that already have representation, here are a few I can think of that could maybe work as fighters:

• Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7)
  • Thales (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
  • Bass (Mega Man)

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Interesting idea. The thing is, a lot of notable villains (at least that I can think of) would be better off as bosses (or even stages in the case of a character like Hades from Kid Icarus: Uprising). 

I agree, a boss battle mode would definitely be more fitting for this list. 

4 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

I chose Risky in the hopes that Shantae might be in Pass 2. If (and probably when) she's confirmed out, I'll swap Risky out for another villain.

I hope Shantae gets in, but after the ARMS character announcement I'm really worried about the pass. 

20 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

Dr. Neo Cortex - Crash Bandicoot's archnemesis, who wields a blaster and N. Brio's beakers as weapons, and calls upon his mutant Cortex Commandos for backup.

Crash would have to get in first for this to ever be anything but wishful thinking.

15 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ganondorf: If Sakurai is hesitant of outright removing Falcondorf and doesn't know what other Zelda characters to add then the actual Ganondorf would be a good option. Link and Zelda already have various incarnation so it would be nice if the real Ganondorf would show his impostor who's boss. Rather than out of character fist fighting he'd have destructive magic and a trident 

Or they could just add original pig beast Ganon.

7 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Interesting idea. The thing is, a lot of notable villains (at least that I can think of) would be better off as bosses (or even stages in the case of a character like Hades from Kid Icarus: Uprising).

But you can't play a boss. Besides, Ganondorf is playable while Ganon is a boss. Eggman and Wily could be playable while piloting the Egg Mobile and Wily Capsule, and they could be bosses while piloting, say, the Death Egg Robot and a Wily Machine.

Edited by Lord_Brand

7 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

But you can't play a boss. 

That's my point; my point was that it makes it hard to think of villains that work well as fighters because a lot of them would be better off as bosses or even stages. Your list includes the villain in a series that so far has zero representation in Smash Bros. 

5 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

That's my point; my point was that it makes it hard to think of villains that work well as fighters because a lot of them would be better off as bosses or even stages.

And my point is that they can be fighters as well as bosses. Again, I point to Ganondorf. Playable as a human, transformed as a boss. Eggman, Wily, and other such villains could work the same. As bosses, they're gigantic. As playable fighters, they're normal-sized. Even better if their boss forms double as their Final Smashes, as again is the case for Ganondorf.

5 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Your list includes the villain in a series that so far has zero representation in Smash Bros. 

I'm not sure what that has to do with your point, but are you talking about Crow or Cortex? I'm assuming Cortex. The current projection is that Crash will be added in pass 2, in which case Cortex would make a great followup as part of a villain pass. If Crash is deconfirmed for Pass 2 and no additional passes in which he could be added are announced, I'll change my list. Simple as that.

Edited by Lord_Brand

1 hour ago, Lord_Brand said:

The current projection is that Crash will be added in pass 2, in which case Cortex would make a great followup as part of a villain pass. 

After the ARMS character announcement I wouldn't be so sure... At this point in time, there is literally no evidence that points to Crash being in Fighters Pass 2. It could happen, but it is far from a guarantee.