Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used Brave Micaiah, Leanne, Altina and Caineghis to beat Abyssal. I only needed to inherit Res Smoke on Micaiah to make it work, and then it was pretty easy.

@Wanda Nice job. We had very similar approach... in the beginning. I went with a Vantage strat, while you used a dragon killer weapon.

Pretty boring one-turn clear thanks to Altina. I was considering giving Elincia galeforce to handle the axe flier and red mage, but didn't want to bother wasting feathers for that.

Spoiler

@Wanda Wow, cool! First time I've seen Sothe in action. I never used him before.

@Diovani Bressan Nice clear! Looks like we all had similar approaches in the beginning with Brave Micaiah.

@Maaka One turn clears are always impressive. I'm surprised you gave Altina Galeforce. I can't ever see myself replacing her unique special, haha. That was really good!

Here's mine: https://streamable.com/3ze4vb

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

@Maaka One turn clears are always impressive. I'm surprised you gave Altina Galeforce. I can't ever see myself replacing her unique special, haha. That was really good!

Here's mine: https://streamable.com/3ze4vb

I ended up giving her galeforce for AR. I actually give her heavy blade for her A skill and quickened pulse for her seal so she can galeforce after her two hits since she won't be doubling anyone. It works quite well, though the low attack is difficult to work with sometimes if I can't hit her target beforehand with atk smoke or something. Great job on your clear!

Just goes to show how powercreep has invalidated a lot of these more dated maps. "Abyssal" was a cake walk.

Altina/Tibarn/B!Ike/S!Elincia

Altina blew up the top half of the map. B!Ike tanked the armor and reinforcement fliers and Tibarn sweeped the bottom half except for the blue manakete which B!Ike easily took care of. Shoutout to Elincia who needed to kill the blue cav that Altina couldn't twoshot. Threw the SS2 seal on her and called it a day. May do a clear for this one.

Not looking forward to newer maps on Abyssal with limited units though.

39 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Just goes to show how powercreep has invalidated a lot of these more dated maps. "Abyssal" was a cake walk.

Altina/Tibarn/B!Ike/S!Elincia

Altina blew up the top half of the map. B!Ike tanked the armor and reinforcement fliers and Tibarn sweeped the bottom half except for the blue manakete which B!Ike easily took care of. Shoutout to Elincia who needed to kill the blue cav that Altina couldn't twoshot. Threw the SS2 seal on her and called it a day. May do a clear for this one.

Not looking forward to newer maps on Abyssal with limited units though.

This is not the actual Abyssal map. The ‘abyssal’ map has the stats of the regular Infernal map.

From Hard to "Infernal" I used OG!Micaiah, B!Micaiah, OG!Mia and H!Mia. It got a little rough on "Infernal" but it was doable. 

I kinda chikened out when I saw "Abyssal" so I went full Laguz kings with Tibarn/Caineghis/Naesala/Reyson. Turns out it was actually Infernal and the team was overkill. I may try again with double Micaiah and Mia for the lulz.

I'm a little disappointed "Abyssal" is just infernal in disguise, map was way too easy. I get why they wouldn't actually use the Abyssal stats for this but it would have been fun to try.

Beast Emblem featuring Naesala, Tibarn, NY!Lethe and Reyson cleared it easily.

Somehow managed to clear L!Robin's map with Altina, B!Micaiah, Elincia and Haar. I appreciate the fact that Abyssal was actually Infernal in disguise since I probably would have struggled more with the map otherwise.

Despite being fake Abyssal, I found this trickier than the others, which was a nice change since the previous ones were a bit too easy. Ended up using Altina/Naesala/Nailah/Reyson.

Rolf wanted to know more about Begnion's apostles.  Altina was more than happy to help, and dragged Reyson and Micaiah into the discussion (despite the latter's protests of "having nothing to do with Begnion").

For this to work, Micaiah needed the Res Ploy seal, Reyson needed Close Def in some form, and Rolf's Atk Tactic was a must.  Between Atk Tactic and Res Ploy, Micaiah was able to Thani the starting knight despite WTD (which means a -Atk Micaiah is out of the question).  She was then danced/moved over to bait the staffbot.  After that, it was a matter of Rolf shooting things, Altina taking out dangerous enemies ASAP, and Reyson tanking Robin's initial hit (with Close Def and non HP/Res bane, he'll survive with a sliver of health).  This allowed Altina to finish the map for once and for all.  The only merge for this was Reyson, at +1.

Vs. Robin: Really glad to pull a 4 turn clear on this one. Initial team had Nailah for color balance but decided to try out Lethe because she's faster and it worked out better than I thought. I still do not like the Legendary Hero map. I still remember it took me hours to figure out the Abyssal clear. Could probably cheese it now with Celica & 3 refreshers but I rather not relive it.

Spoiler

Vs. Cecilia & Lilina: The map design discourages baiting but Hector doesn't care. Fitting that he's the video thumbnail.

Spoiler

Vs. Alm & Celica: Taking advantage of enemy placement to lure them into desired combats.

Spoiler

Vs. Lyon: One of the few times I have Cordelia equip Galeforce. I keep forgetting she comes with the skill.

Spoiler

Vs. Oliver: Tiki usually has Sol but she would have healed too much and go outside the range of Brazen Atk/Spd so I switched her Special to Noontime.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

• 3 weeks later...

The latest datamine has revealed the next set of Limited Hero Battles, and they are [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Gaiden / SoV vs. Fallen Takumi GHB: 5/11; 1 dancer allowed
Heroes vs. Eirika & Ephraim BHB: 5/12; no dancers allowed heh heh, I am so fucked
Fates vs. Saias GHB: 5/13; 1 dancer allowed
Binding Blade vs. Ninian & Hawkeye BHB: 5/14; no dancers allowed
Genealogy & Thracia vs. Lyn LHB: 5/15; 1 dancer allowed

47 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The latest datamine has revealed the next set of Limited Hero Battles, and they are [SPOILERS]:

Reveal hidden contents

Heroes vs. Eirika & Ephraim BHB: 5/12; no dancers allowed heh heh, I am so fucked

oh man

Spoiler

and here i was hoping for a Legendary hero battle on REAL Abyssal with just Heroes unit ._. my Askrtrio needs work! Ephraim and Eirika is a cake walk

18 minutes ago, Hilda said:

oh man

Reveal hidden contents

and here i was hoping for a Legendary hero battle on REAL Abyssal with just Heroes unit ._. my Askrtrio needs work! Ephraim and Eirika is a cake walk

Spoiler

Oh, I'm sure that they'll get to that eventually, and no amount of tinkering on my part will be able to solve that.

For now though, I'll get to probably fumble and bumble around with a normally easy map. 

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Oh boy... The first four don't look that bad, but Genealogy & Thracia Vs. Lyn... I dont believe I have that many units from these games...

I believe I could build a DC Vantage Ares... And I have Osian who is pretty strong. If I had Legendary Leif, this would  be so easy...

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

With that, this topic is being pinned.

Thank you!

That F!Takumi map is still a pain with those annoying Dazzling healers. Well, if the pineapple wants to play dirty so can I. I wanted to clear the map with stuff like Tobin/Gray/Clair/Clive for the lulz but no luck. I went and used the Lovebirds/F!Delthea/Rinea/Faye to clear it ASAP, but it was still pretty tough due to the map's layout (reminds me of how after surviving all of Conquest on Lunatic, the endgame was incredibly hard without cheesing strats and Camilla kept dying to a Malig Knight spawn...). 

Just finished the Fallen Takumi map with the Valentia units. The highest difficulty one was probably the hardest of all LB so far. I used Dancing Berkut, Picnic Lukas, Legendary Alm and Duo Alm/Celica.

Picnic Lukas was an amazing wall on the left side! He took all the hits from the enemy going towards him like a champ. Proud of my boy! 
L Alm sniped a couple folks safely from behind him, while Berkut danced him safely away. 

Duo Alm would fight the few that came up from the right. He was able to take down the Takumi’s thanks to his duo skill and a quick dance/reposition tactic with Dance Berkut.

Overall, it was nice to hear the song again! Looking forward to more...

I just hate this map. The first two difficulties were not that easy but they were managable. Infernal was insane however. At the end I adapted PM1s infernal solution to my units. I used Fallen berkut, Rinea, Legendary Celica and a remaining Valentine's Silque.