Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

3 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

This was definitely one playing to my strengths, as my fe6 roster is probably my best. Helps that BB is probably my favorite fe game, with Lugh as my favorite character in the series.

The above was pretty much my main team for a long time, except with Idunn (who's supported with Lugh) instead of Raigh. I plan to upgrade the builds on Thea and Raigh at some point, and once I merge Klein he's gonna get a changed build for more quads as well.

Happy to see someone else use the twins! I also need to build Chad someday.

Let me throw another Raigh (and Lugh) into the pile for you!

Wow, Thea looks super tanky. The two brothers sure do a lot of damage!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saias: Bow Hinoka ripped this thing to shreds, with some help from Legendary Azura.  Kaden and Midori pitched in, though it was mostly Midori shooting everything that Hinoka missed, and Kaden patiently waiting for Saias to come out and play.  While Kaden had merges, he's more than strong enough to take out Saias without them.  I suspect a Gunter with B Tomebreaker would've had the same effect.

Hawkeye and Ninian: Used the (mostly) budget team of Spring Bartre, Brunnya, Lugh, and Clarine.  Swap Lugh for someone like Lilina for the true budget team.  I had to seriously fiddle with buffs and boosts until Bartre was able to laugh off the initial assault (Clarine's Spur Def was extremely helpful).  Lugh had to ORKO the -raven mage.  From there, it was a matter of keeping Bartre away from Ninian.  I gave Brunnya Atk/Res Link, which gave Bartre the oomph he needed to ORKO the initial enemies.

Legendary Lyn: If these guys want me to hack out broken things. . .that's on them.  Fallen Mareeta, Reinhardt (+1), Green Olwen (also +1) and Lene had to carefully pick things off.  The enemies followed Olwen, so it was a matter of positioning her carefully, and then having Reinhardt nuke while wearing the Drive Spd seal.  Mareeta's job was to activate Galeforce, smack something (Darting Blow seal used here), then GTFO.  MVP of this run was a tie between Mareeta's Atk Tactic and Reinhardt's Lancebreaker.

EDIT: Overall thoughts.

I'm not sure which of Fallen Takumi (Valentia) or the Renais twins (Zephyr) was easier.  Valentia had the stacked units, while Duo Alphonse basically breaks that map in half.  The last three were slightly trickier.  I couldn't use Jakob like I wanted to, since flying felt near-mandatory given the cast restriction.  Binding Blade was rough because keeping Bartre alive was somewhat of a challenge.  But, he pulled it off at the end, and I'm proud of the fact that three of the four units are either grails or easily obtained.  Legendary Lyn was a stroke of luck, though Reinhardt alleviates the worst of the challenge.  If I didn't have Mareeta, I'd still be trying to figure out how to deal with this.  The Thracia siblings are not to be underestimated, and to top it off, Olwen doesn't have her refine.  My roster says that Zephyr = Valentia > Fates > Binding Blade > Jugdral.  Good luck to everyone else!

Edited by eclipse

L Lyn was definitely the hardest for me in terms of units. I don’t have many built FE4/5 units tbh, so it felt a bit clunky pulling them out. I needed up using my neutral Blue Reinhardt, Osian, Lewyn and Shannan. Shannan was the true star of the abyssal map. He tanked everything while the AI was being silly constantly rallying rather than moving. Reinhardt and Lewyn both did a little bit of damage, but it was honestly not noticeable... any two mages could’ve done their job, though Lewyn’s SS helped a lot. 
Osian was the second star of the show. He also was an excellent tank, though he couldn’t quite handle huge boards of enemies like good ol’ Shannan could. Overall, a good victory, one that forced me to play with units I haven’t invested too much practice in, so it was extra nice in that regard.

I don't remember what I did to beat Saias's map. I'm pretty sure it involved a team of (some) fliers, including Adrift Camilla, but I actually don't remember this one too well. Ah well.

Ninian and Hawkeye's battle used Thea (maybe Shanna on a lower level) and Sue, Summer Lilina, and Igrene. Took a few tries, but eventually I did get it. Thea had to tank shit, which she did.

Legendary Lyn's was a thing. I used blue Reinhardt, dancing Reinhardt, Kempf, and Nanna. "Infernal" took a few tries to get through, but positioning and attacking order did the trick, and I got past it.

Strangely enough, Thracia probably has the best power level in my barracks: all three Reinhardts, Kempf is decent, Nanna has razzle dazzle, Fallen Mareeta and Osian exist for me, both Olwen's exist for me, and regular Leif is handy to have around too.

Saias took a minute but Iago, Rinkah, Shiro and Nohrzura were fine for it.

Hawkeye + Ninian was so easy with Idunn that I had Fae, Roy and Lilina alongside her.

Lyn.... Not gonna lie I'm concerned with Abyssal. Rein, BowLeif, Gronnwen and Sigurd 2-turned infernal, but that's not happening here.

Surprisingly managed to one-shot Abyssal Lyn but then that's the power of Horse Leif and Reinhardt. Ares+10 was along for the ride but honestly didn't do much except provide Hone Cavalry, and a completely unbuilt Sylvia was just there to keep Reinhardt safe.

I sent out Dancer Ishtar, regular Reinhardt, Ced, and Legendary Leif. Was pretty easy, certainly less trouble than the GHBs.

The May LHB clear units:

Fallen Takumi: Legend Celica, Dancer Rinea, Legend Alm, Celica
Ephraim+Eirika: Fjorm, Gunnthra, New Year's Eir, CYL Veronica
Saias: Bath Camilla, Bow Hinoka, Summer Corrin, New Year's Azura
Hawkeye+Ninian: Idunn, Winter Cecilia, Clarine, Sue
Legendary Lyn: Ares, Reinhardt, Nanna, Silvia

The team I ran for Legendary Lyn can clear the Abyssal map before all reinforcements spawn (they can clear the map before the blue mage and the red mage cavalier spawn).

10 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Happy to see someone else use the twins! I also need to build Chad someday.

Always nice to see a fellow fan of the twins.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

@XRay @Landmaster @Flying Shogi

I speed-stacked on Reinhardt so that he could double the Wary Fighter armor at the beginning. Lancebreaker Reinhardt is timeless, I guess.

+Def Lewyn survived with 1 HP lol

https://streamable.com/pz6brk

Wary Fighter armor knights are the first ones I try to take out on special maps. 

Something that I've noticed is they localized Japanese honorifics into something more casual in Chinese. It does sound more natural instead of trying to force it.

Thunder decided to strike the Sacaen plains.

Spoiler

This was pretty easy, even abyssal was a joke compared to Takumi's map. Used Mareeta, Larcei, normal Julia and Legendary Julia (when I was clearing the map I didn't have the Fallen one). Mareeta was clearing up the enemies on the top, Larcei took the ones at the beginning with Regnak Astra and the normal Julia defeated everyone else in subsequent turns. 

I was teasting out Fallen Julia around and thought of a fun idea. Julia emlem clearing all the levels of difficulty. Used the 3 Julias alone. It was pretty fun clearing the map with only 3 units. Hoping for a fourth Julia in the distant future (after CYL) to complete an entire team. 

Rare units made each of these a lot easier than they would have.

The combination of Rinea with L!Alm, Celica and my +10 Lukas made Takumi managable even if it was somewhat difficult. Helped that Lukas was fast enough to tank a single hit of magic and could take 0 damage from just about everything physical indefinitely.

Broke out Xander to deal with the cav duo opening on Saias, but F!Corrin and L!Azura made actually dealing with the mage himself pretty easy after a few tries. She's just way too strong.

Hawkeye/Ninian was cake because Fae, but Igrene was also there as insurance. LA!Roy and Brunnya were just filler but I could have built them up if I needed to. My FE6 cast is kinda bare honestly, but I have enough to get the job done. Didn't even bust out my old *4+10 Bartre or Fir. (I'd forgotten about them during the time of clearing, actually...)

Lyn was the toughest. Even with Duo Reinhardts I was missing out on some crucial kills or getting overwhelmed due to the congested top left I was stuck on, plus the armor was annoying. After some swapping around (and getting rid of Ethlyn) I got the job done with Ayra, Reinhardt, Osian and Lewyn. Rein and Ayra got some crucial kills and Lewyn picked of stragglers but Osian was the MVP here. Tanking and killing a crapton of enemies on his own. I would have had a hard time without him.

Next batch please. I'm waiting for whichever map forces you to use FE7 units so I can laugh.

6 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Always nice to see a fellow fan of the twins.

Wary Fighter armor knights are the first ones I try to take out on special maps. 

Something that I've noticed is they localized Japanese honorifics into something more casual in Chinese. It does sound more natural instead of trying to force it.

Thunder decided to strike the Sacaen plains.

Hide contents

Wow, the Brave weapon users dominated everything. I have also noticed the same thing in Chinese regarding honorifics. I don't use polite language with anyone I talk to though, so it doesn't apply to me as much

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

Wow, the Brave weapon users dominated everything. I have also noticed the same thing in Chinese regarding honorifics. I don't use polite language with anyone I talk to though, so it doesn't apply to me as much

I've mostly heard Chinese honorifics in period dramas. Not sure if it's used in modern speak. The majority of people I've spoken to that don't like Japanese honorifics say it's complicated but I personally find them fun because I use them sarcastically to annoy friends. 

15 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

@XRay @Landmaster @Flying Shogi

I speed-stacked on Reinhardt so that he could double the Wary Fighter armor at the beginning. Lancebreaker Reinhardt is timeless, I guess.

+Def Lewyn survived with 1 HP lol

https://streamable.com/pz6brk

Nice. I used all three Reinhardts and WOT!Olwen. I probably would have used a fourth Reinhardt if he had a fourth alt. I could not get WOT!Olwen to kill the lance armor in one shot in Abyssal, so I used Reinhardt with Lancebreaker as well.

10 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I've mostly heard Chinese honorifics in period dramas. Not sure if it's used in modern speak. The majority of people I've spoken to that don't like Japanese honorifics say it's complicated but I personally find them fun because I use them sarcastically to annoy friends. 

I think in real life, I would like to use honorifics as a way to show whom I am close with and respect or drop honorifics for people I don't respect at all

I don't watch dramas much. I've noticed games usually say 殿下 or 大人 or whatever for honorifics.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Nice. I used all three Reinhardts and WOT!Olwen. I probably would have used a fourth Reinhardt if he had a fourth alt. I could not get WOT!Olwen to kill the lance armor in one shot in Abyssal, so I used Reinhardt with Lancebreaker as well.

That's a lot of Reinhardts. I have the sword one who pitybroke me when I was pulling for sword Catria. Had it not been for Reinhardt and Zelgius, Catria would have been +10 already... Just saving up for that final merge!

Since the Saias LHB wanted Fates units, decided to try and do an updated assisted solo with some new skills/seals I've gotten since the rerun

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @Zeo @Landmaster @Anacybele @Ginko @mampfoid @daisy jane @DLNarshen

@Diovani Bressan Another great Saizo showcase, bet Saias regretted his Tactics.

Edited by mcsilas

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Since the Saias LHB wanted Fates units, decided to try and do an updated assisted solo with some new skills/seals I've gotten since the rerun

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @Zeo @Landmaster @Anacybele @Ginko @mampfoid @daisy jane

Yay, go Silas! Makes me wonder if I could also solo it with mine since I +10'd him and all while you didn't, even though he uses Reprisal Lance, not Berkut's Lance. I had considered some time back that he might be a decent mixed tank though.

@Anacybele the Resistance from Berkut's (or Barrier) Lance is the key for this one I'm afraid. Even then Silas is prone to being doubled, and that gronnblade mage is a bit annoying, so I needed the Panic penalty from Iago's tome.

Silas also needed Distant Defense to survive Saias's Glacies, and Brazen Def/Res just ups his overall survivability when he gets damaged (the +7 stacking with Berkut's Lance really helps). He needed Drive Spd and Spd Tactic from Camilla/Azura to double the green mage in player phase, and some healing from Camilla to take on the Ridersbane armour. A lot of team support actually but if you can find the perfect teammates with perfect skill/seals support it will help.

14 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Anacybele the Resistance from Berkut's (or Barrier) Lance is the key for this one I'm afraid. Even then Silas is prone to being doubled, and that gronnblade mage is a bit annoying, so I needed the Panic penalty from Iago's tome.

Silas also needed Distant Defense to survive Saias's Glacies, and Brazen Def/Res just ups his overall survivability when he gets damaged (the +7 stacking with Berkut's Lance really helps). He needed Drive Spd and Spd Tactic from Camilla/Azura to double the green mage in player phase, and some healing from Camilla to take on the Ridersbane armour. A lot of team support actually but if you can find the perfect teammates with perfect skill/seals support it will help.

Ah, I see. No big deal then, I suppose. I never really bothered with these limited hero maps anyway because I figured I wouldn't have the right units for many of them, if any at all.