Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

I forgot to post yesterday, but for Takumi/Hinoka, I literally just used L Chrom and L Lucina. Yarne and Henry were chilling on the right to bait Hinoka over, but it was literally Chrom and Lucina using their exclusive specials over and over for buffs and to melt everyone lol. Not very eventful...

As for abyssal Ryoma... yikes. This was a toughie because I don’t have any heavily built fe7 characters. I have all the Hectors, the Eliwoods and almost all Lyns, but they are all running their base kits.

I utilized L Eliwood, H Hector, Nino and Nils. I shoved Hector into the center with some Eliwood buffs and he melted everyone. Nino picked at the blue reinforcements according, Nils helped reposition as needed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty hard one. I ended up experimenting a lot to beat this. The team that did it was Legendary Eliwood and Hector, along with Duo Hector and Ninian. Legendary Hector pretty much was the sole reason I was able to clear the map. Duo one during odd turns would do some massive damage and would tank some stuff. It all wouldn't be possible if not for the Fortress seals. 

If I am not mistaken isn't this the normal abyssal and not a toned down version of the original one? 

So now Abyssals are actually Abyssals

This was total hell, I barely have any Blazing Blade units as it is. Lyn doesn't even do much in this battle and it was all the Skill slots open on her that I needed to make this possible~ I did it from the perspective of a One-Turn but since that was clearly impossible, I just had to retreat and go from there~ 

#RavenBestBoi2K20

@Diovani Bressan - I wish I had a Brammi, he basically solo’d this map. I never thought I’d see Despacito Bram Bram be a thing~

@Maaka - That was great, B!Eliwood is really powerful. I need to get one of him~

@GuiltyLove - Nice Nino, you can’t ever really go wrong with her. Especially with BD buffs. But still impressive since you could only use one dancer here. I wasn’t expecting her to take such little damage from some of those attacks.

@Diovani Bressan Bram is definitely great in Abyssals, where the enemies' inflated stats only make him stronger. Very impressive showing from him and Lyn.

@Maaka Quick and painless this way. Duo Hector's beam is so broken lol.

@Landmaster Damn, turn 1 kill on Ryoma... That basically made the whole Guidance gimmick with the axe armor fall apart, very nice. Eliwood and Raven are both speed demons.

This one was pretty intense, especially since I didn't have access to any mages or many options in general (never built a Nino lol). Managed to pull it out in the end. There were more sensible ways I could've killed Ryoma, but this is what my 2 am brain shat out.

Song is sung by Ninian's Japanese voice actress, so I decided to go with that. It's like she's singing in the background during the fight like Azura did. @Ice Dragon lol

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

6 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I ended up recording in the end:

Nice! Nino is pretty busted. Letting Nino tank multiple hits was pretty ballsy. Summer Refreshes Lyn was pretty tough too at the end taking two hits like a champ.

I did not bother trying to figure out this map, so I just copied a guide. Takes a lot of mental energy for the later maps.

Well, the Limited Legendary Hero Battle now having it's actual Abyssal difficulty was a nasty surprise. But after enough fumbling around and abuse of "Restart Last Turn", that damn Abyssal lobster went down to Nino (+Atk/-Res), Summer Ursula (+Spd/-Res), Legendary Eliwood (+Spd, +2), and Ninian (+Spd, +3). I made sure that Nino's Atk and Ursula's Atk were equal to each other so that they could both abuse Bonus Doubler.

As for the other four battles, they were cleared with:

M!Kana: I honestly have already forgotten the exact team used here, but it definitely involved Ashnard and Bride Micaiah
Minerva & Maria: Bab Marth, Bab Merric, Bab Minerva, not quite yet Resplendent Linde
Julius: L'Arachel (+10), Halloween L'Arachel, Summer Tana, Tethys
Hinoka & Takumi: Cordelia (+10), Tiki (+10), Cherche, Legendary Lucina

Julius was the only one other than Ryoma that ended up being a bit of pain.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Nice! Nino is pretty busted. Letting Nino tank multiple hits was pretty ballsy. Summer Refreshes Lyn was pretty tough too at the end taking two hits like a champ.

I did not bother trying to figure out this map, so I just copied a guide. Takes a lot of mental energy for the later maps.

Yeah, Bonus Doubler is too good! What guide did you use? This took me way too much time...

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

Yeah, Bonus Doubler is too good! What guide did you use? This took me way too much time...

I used Pheonixmaster1's guide. He also used Nino to take out most units, but he also used The Land's Bounty Dorcas to distract a portion of the enemies so the enemies do not overwhelm Nino.

Started catching back up on these. Did Julius with Super Eirika, L'Arachel, Dark Lyon, and Tethys, and did Takumi+Hinoka with Grima M, Halloween Henry, Aversa, and Legendary Chrom.

Haven't made much headway with Ryoma yet.

22 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Was the Abyssal this time the normal Abyssal difficulty?

Yep. I assume this will be the standard going forward.

20 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I ended up recording in the end:

Been thinking of pulling for LH!Eliwood but this clear drove the point home. That Deflect Magic Sword Fighter was the real boss of this map.

I shouldn't even try reinforcement maps without a refresher anymore. I end up putting one on the team anyway. The blue mage was a threat to Hector so he/she had to go. Was going to give Hector Sorcery Blade and just have him tank the map but it turns out it's locked to infantry units. I even have a Ylgr too.  

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Yep. I assume this will be the standard going forward.

Been thinking of pulling for LH!Eliwood but this clear drove the point home. That Deflect Magic Sword Fighter was the real boss of this map.

I shouldn't even try reinforcement maps without a refresher anymore. I end up putting one on the team anyway. The blue mage was a threat to Hector so he/she had to go. Was going to give Hector Sorcery Blade and just have him tank the map but it turns out it's locked to infantry units. I even have a Ylgr too.  

Hide contents

I definitely never intentionally pulled for Eliwood because I have a bias against horses

Wow, Brave Hector is so powerful! Astra Nino broke 99 damage too... insane!

25 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I definitely never intentionally pulled for Eliwood because I have a bias against horses

Then you'd find my old clears really boring as they were my go-to for special map clears. 

25 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Wow, Brave Hector is so powerful! Astra Nino broke 99 damage too... insane!

BH!Hector likes to play hard to get. Spent a lot of orbs(400+ IIRC) going for him on his debut banner and I never got him. Then he just started showing up.

I'm slowly changing my mind about Astra. It's the fastest way to dispose of chunks of metal that is Wary Fighter armor knights.

Takumi and Hinoka went down to Legendary Robin and Yarne.  Brave Lucina was there and didn't do much.  I completely forgot who the red unit was.

Still trying to puzzle out Ryoma, but I think this is going to involve Legendary Hector.

Kana: Altina, B!Ike, Titania, H!Rolf - Easy as pie once I started abusing the Defense tiles.
M & M: Naga, SY!Tiki, L!Tiki, F!Tiki - Naga's PRF effect did everything.
Julius: Myrrh, Seth, Lute, W!Eirika - The hardest of the five. Myrrh's new refine was used religiously to survive.
T & H: F!Grima, Naga, A!Tiki, M!Grima - The fell dragons ate the whole map.
L!Ryoma: Eliwood, L!Eliwood, Nino, Nils - Eliwood with Galeforce unsurprisingly bruteforced half of the enemies. The rest were nuked by Nino.

Managed Ryoma Infernal with Winter Jaffar, Halloween Hector, Summer Lyn, and Bride Ninian, but I feel like this won't work for Abyssal.

We don't even get two games like the previous Abyssals, that's annoying.

Edit: I was wrong. They worked fine for Abyssal.

Edited by Othin

Turns out I was able to clear Abyssal with the same team and all I had to do was give L!Eliwood Chill Spd (Maybe not, but better safe than sorry) and be more offensive.

+0 Nino is still relevant in 2020.

On 6/19/2020 at 8:09 PM, Landmaster said:

@Maaka - That was great, B!Eliwood is really powerful. I need to get one of him~

Yea, I somewhat regret foddering off the free copy I got from CYL, but L!Alm has put his skills to good use. Thankfully got a random +spd pity breaker a while ago and he really is amazing. Loving that fury 4 Raven so much! I really need to +10 him some day, but I can't say I would use him over Bartre that often lol. Great clear!

On 6/19/2020 at 8:43 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Maaka Quick and painless this way. Duo Hector's beam is so broken lol.

Yea that 20 damage made everything possible. First time I ever actually used him as well lol. Your Hector did quite a good job as well! Miracle on Lyn was pretty clever. Good thing she was able to quad Ryoma, that deflect missiles seal is pretty nasty sometimes. Awesome job!

@Maaka Wow, nice quick one turn! Nice to see Duo Hector/B!Eliwood in one! Nice timing on the special, I wish I had many WoM fodder as you lol.

@Diovani Bressan Wow love the use of Desperation. Now you made me want Bramimond more. Also Brash Assault comes in handy, might need to use it more in abyssals.

@Landmaster Good thing Raven is fe7 lol, he deals quite a lot of damage! I see Forma BNinian has proven useful! Love the blue stars. Jealous of you Lyn's boon, too haha, providing some nice ranged support.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice MCs clear! I see everyone showing their Resplendent Eliwoods here lol (Drag Back is cool). Hector sure packs a punch with Draconic Aura. His weapon is great. Miracle B!Lyn though!

So I usually avoid Abyssals because I don't really merged my units. Until they lock some Codes here, so I had to try. Well, surprisingly, I managed to beat it so here it is (which I'll copy when the actual LHB with the accessory comes out for reference lol)

@Alexmender  @DLNarshen@Zeo @mampfoid @daisy jane @BoaFerox

Team is +Def/-HP Brave Hector, +Def/-Spd Legendary Hector, +Spd +1 Legenndary Eliwood and +Spd/-Atk Ninian.

Music is Fin of Invincibility (Galford Theme) from Samurai Shodown 2019

- Abyssal? Meet Bonus Doubler with Double Hector! Omnibreaker and doubled mixed phase is very fun to use. Pair him up with his bro and Ninian and the rampage starts.

- Brave Hector in particular needed to be +Def to survive the AoE from the axe armour in the end (poor Ryoma could only rely on true damage to touch him). Lector needed a Res boost to get as much health to survive the mages, while Renewal replenished some health back. Eliwood also had an important task of baiting the Windsweep thief because he couldn't counterattack.

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Maaka Wow, nice quick one turn! Nice to see Duo Hector/B!Eliwood in one! Nice timing on the special, I wish I had many WoM fodder as you lol.

You just wished for 0 wings of mercy fodder Actually had wings on everyone before the clear thanks to needing it for AR bonus weeks for Hector and just general galeforcing. I have murdered quite a lot of Cains though... Bonus doubler is certainly insane, although so is Hector himself lol. That poor bow fighter trying to use miracle to survive L!Hector... Great clear!

@SatsumaFSoysoy - The Elibe Trio is a great team to go with here. I liked that Drag Back Eliwood. Miracle B!Lyn was a great strategy to assure the kill on Ryoma. Hector may not have moved around too much but he was a big help when his turn came around to help clean up at the end. Great clear!

@mcsilas - Double Hector, what does it mean? A lot of death for My Name is Ryoma, it looks like. All those Big Bons and Bignis were incredibly satisfying to watch.  I died laughing at the AOE refrigerator, poor dude is ahead of his time. 

• 2 weeks later...

According to Datamine, the next Limited Hero Battles are:

Spoiler

Limited Hero battles start on July 13th, next Monday:

• GHB: Linus
    Use DXRiKNP.png Genealogy and 5XIp7uh.pngThracia units - One Dancer allowed;
  • BHB: Tana and Amelia
    Use CsjQ9D8.png Echoes units - No Dancers allowed;
  • GHB: Walhart
    Use 7TXDWaX.pngHeroes units - One Dancer allowed;
  • BHB: Raven and Lucius
    Use 63QTPKZ.png Fates units - No Dancers allowed;
  • LHB: Hector
    Use u4qAzgX.png Binding Blade units - One Dancer allowed.

Lucky players that have Larum, since she is the only Binding Blade dancer we have. This is not my case lol

Geneology and Thracia is no problem as Julia emblem is incredibly powerful and they don't need anything else. Also I don't have the dancers. 

Echoes with or without dancer is easy. Fallen Berkut, L Celica, Rinea is still a great support and combat unit and L Alm. 

Heroes is a joke with Thrasir, Eir, Fjorm and the fairies. 

Fates is also pretty good dues to FF Corrin and the unexplained variety of fates in my barracks sad we can't run Azuras. 

Binding blade has only 3 characters and only two is really combat able for such content (Fae and S Iddun) so I am worried. 

Genealogy and Thracia... I have Dancer Ishtar, so she alone will make the fight pretty easy. I also have L Leif, who might do most of the work. I also enjoy my Julia and Osian very much, so I will probably use them.

Echoes... I have Alm Emblem, on top of my Python project, so no worries.

FEH... I do have several OCs, including Lif, Duo Alfonse, Eir/Peony will be useful... not bad, I feel we get a lot of good units in this realm.

Fates... I have so many good, built characters here. Odin to the rescue!

Binding Blade fighting L Hector... yikes! I don't have the best team here. I do have L Roy, who alone might do oh so much. No Larum, though, so that's unfortunate. Igrene and Perceval, Spring Idunn might have to come along as well.