Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

Random Larum pity breaker was vital for my clear :L 

I'm not a huge fan of FE6 so I'm surprised I was able to clear Abyssal Hector. +10 Klein, +1 Brave Roy, Larum, and Winter Cecilia got the job done. Larum was lvl 1 and didn't have anything except atk tactic seal lol, her only purpose was to dance.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This month's were alright enough.

Linus cleared with Julia, Ishtar, Fell!Julia and Lene. T&A cleared with Alm alts and Fellthea. Walhart cleared with Hrid, NY!Laegjarn, Gunnthra and Brunonica. R&L cleared with Rinkah, Fellkumi, Iago and NYkumi.

Not sure about Hector yet, though the lower difficulties like the others were low HM units.

I sent in my +10 Gwendolyn and +10 Cecilia, along with Igrene and Clarine. Gwendolyn did most of the work, it was nice having a reason to finally go through with giving her Vengeful Fighter. On Abyssal, Hector's stats were so high that Igrene could barely hurt him, so Gwendolyn had to duel him for a while to weaken him, which was quite funny. Took several turns, since she could only hurt him with Aether and had to retreat a few times for healing from Clarine, but it worked out eventually.

Edited by Othin

13 hours ago, Maaka said:

Bartre and Fir take down L!Hector in the best limited hero battle yet.

I really like the double father-daughter combo here!

Glad to see some Sophia too @GuiltyLove. I might try a second, all red Nabata clear later of Sophia, Duo Idunn, Igrene and Raigh and see if it's possible.

As for me, FE6 is one of my best, if not my best roster, and FE6 is my favorite in the series. This is my OG "main" team, and even though they don't see as much use together as a whole these days, they cleared a ton of content for me earlier on and I'm glad they worked for this. Finally got Klein some merges and just gave him SS3 to help as well from the Ishtar manual on the paths, and everyone got to contribute decently well.

I really do need to do a better build with Thea here soon though.

9 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Using three reds and a dancer is what happens when you don't really have many units. I'm lucky I managed to snag a Larum on her first banner!

@XRay @Landmaster (I used Sophia here!) @Flying Shogi @Some Jerk  @NSSKG151

That 1HP survival on the green mage cavalier was disrespectful.

Roy: I'm here for Lilina and our instructor approves. 

Spoiler

This one took a bit to work through because of that Harmonic Lance Refrigerator, but otherwise, not too hard, even though I had a pretty slapped together team other than Sophia and Roy to some extent.

@Alexmender - Nice Cecilia tanking, she is a monster with Broadleaf and Special Fighter on top of that.

@Maaka - That was so straightforward and still a really awesome one-turn with the best father-daughter Squad~

@GuiltyLove - Ayye, nice, Sophia twinzies~ Can’t go wrong with 3 reds when those are the three you’re going with. Especially Igrene, the chip damage is really good when all the enemies on the map are so close together.

@Unknown Gamer11 - Amazing that you have a higher merged up Lugh than you have Klein. I’m highly amused at how many units were too afraid of Thea to attack her despite her having 1 HP

Edited by Landmaster

Yeah, my Binding Blade selection is not that great but I managed to clear with the three Binding Blade units I ever bothered to build up plus the random Larum I had sitting around in my barracks. Hiding out in the bottom right area worked out the best for me.

@Maaka I see the restrictions didn't stop you from clearing this in one turn. Nice clear with the Bartre family.

@GuiltyLove Lots of red units here I see. Though Hector is weak to red after all. Igrene looks dangerous with those AOE specials. Nice clear.

@Landmaster Nice clear. Sophia and Fae are both tanky gals. Armored units always seems to be the most annoying things to deal with on Abyssal mode.

Now that I've just toppled Abyssal Hector albeit in a rather stupid manner here were my teams for these Limited Hero Battles:

Jugdral v. Linus

Spoiler

yhgqoo5.jpg?1

This one was never hard to begin with, but I did feel kinda bad for throwing beasts like L!Leif and Mareeta at poor Linus.

Valentia v. Tana & Amelia

Spoiler

LzS4uHP.jpg?1

Honestly, I forgot this map even had reinforcements. Regardless, it went down without a fuss and this was a nice opportunity to try out Fallen Celica's new refine.

Heroes v. Walhart

Spoiler

*crickets*

Yeah, I might try to beat Hard with the Loser Askr trio, but Lunatic and Infernal are so not worth it.

Fates v. Raven & Lucius

Spoiler

rPYOFib.jpg?1

It was nice to break out Halloween Jakob (once a former go-to) for one of these maps again.

Binding Blade v. L!Hector

Spoiler

qGFKP4J.jpg?1

I initially tried to go full Etruria here, but my Cecilia quickly proved to be complete dead weight on this map so she got dropped for Lilina.

Regardless, shout-out to Perceval for (on Abyssal) both surviving the Ridersbane+ flier with 1 HP and then getting the exact damage kill (thanks to the Fierce Stance 3 seal) with the counterattacks that followed.

@Unknown Gamer11 I did not know Klein could go that quickly. So powerful!

13 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Hide contents

Winter Fae is seriously so tanky! Having strong armors must have made this much easier.

12 hours ago, Landmaster said:

This one took a bit to work through because of that Harmonic Lance Refrigerator, but otherwise, not too hard, even though I had a pretty slapped together team other than Sophia and Roy to some extent.

Another Winter Fae! It's weird how despite Hector also being an armored unit like the refrigerator, his HP was much lower. I'm surprised you gave premium fodder to Roy even though he's unmerged. He's so strong, though!

10 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Yeah, my Binding Blade selection is not that great but I managed to clear with the three Binding Blade units I ever bothered to build up plus the random Larum I had sitting around in my barracks. Hiding out in the bottom right area worked out the best for me.

Lilina killing her father :0  Looks like a lot of people used Klein too.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Lilina killing her father :0  Looks like a lot of people used Klein too.

Heh, I felt it would be an ironic way to beat the map. Yeah, I have seen lots of Kleins and/or Larums be the key needed to beat Abyssal.

@GuiltyLove - Oh that was the Brave Roy I got with the Forma Soul, so that's why he's so decked out~ I have another Brave Roy but he's +Atk so I just left them both unmerged for now.

@NSSKG151 - Klein’s hyper offensiveness is pretty good for this map. Sad Lilina had to be the one to nuke her father into oblivion, but I'm sure was proud of her being able to do it~

@Alexmender Awesome Cecilia!  Non-one turn clears that manage to bypass all the reinforcements are quite rare, so that was nice to see.  Broadleaf really seems to make all the other daggers pale in comparison.

@Maaka Seeing all your Bartre use in previous one-turn clears, I kinda figured this one would be right up your ally!  And no dancer to boot!  I was surprised to see spring Fir just one round Hector like that.

@GuiltyLove Lalum is one of those units I always forget was even added to this game - I'm sure many are wishing they had her now.  Igrene really makes this map look like a joke.

@Unknown Gamer11 Ooh, this is a nice squad, especially that Lugh.  I don't think I've ever seen him at +10 before.  A very unique team of units with great builds I can appreciate as a fellow FE6 guy.

@Flying Shogi Roy performs very well despite the IVs I see.  A testament to the strength of Bonus Doubler + built-in DC.  Good on you for getting rid of that fridge early - most everyone else seem inclined to save him for last.

@Landmaster I see we had similar ideas on where to source our music this time around!  Glad to see Sophia is still going strong since the Bramimond fight. That poor Lance Fighter Galeforcing right into her death lol.  At least they were merciful and didn't give the fridge Wary Fighter this time...

@NSSKG151 Klein sure cleaned house here.  I think if I were ever to build a quad Archer it would be him for sure.  Lilina and Cecilia's lack of stars certainly didn't stop them either!

I never thought I'd make a video for a Limited battle, but once more I found a golden opportunity to do something neat that the regular LHBs don't really allow for.  I have many FE6 characters I've invested in, but I decided I only needed two of them.  Granted they're two of the strongest, wisest, most beautiful, and righteous units around, but don't let that distract you too much.  I'm quite proud of this one.

8 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@Flying Shogi Roy performs very well despite the IVs I see.  A testament to the strength of Bonus Doubler + built-in DC.  Good on you for getting rid of that fridge early - most everyone else seem inclined to save him for last.

I like to take care of the armor knights ASAP so they don't take up space. They're usually not threatening but definitely annoying if they have Wary Fighter and/or Panic Ploy.

8 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

I never thought I'd make a video for a Limited battle, but once more I found a golden opportunity to do something neat that the regular LHBs don't really allow for.  I have many FE6 characters I've invested in, but I decided I only needed two of them.  Granted they're two of the strongest, wisest, most beautiful, and righteous units around, but don't let that distract you too much.  I'm quite proud of this one.

Some really close calls but Nacian is able to take more hits than I expected. 

No fancy edits and music since I just got my computer back from repairs. But I did think this was a nice enough clear to post it here. 

@Diovani Bressan, @daisy jane, @Maaka, @Hilda and all the other lovely people here. =]

I haven't viewed all other clears yet, though the Duo Narcian and Fir/Bartre clears were seen and boy, those are some impressive clears! Well done both of you, a one turn with two sets of units and the duo clear of the lovely Narcian, absolutely amazing!

L!Hector: Zephiel, W!Cecilia, Klein, Brunnya

Was as easy as the original LHB for me, just sent the party left and locked down the bottlenecks. Not a lot here threatens a megamerged Zephiel with DC and Special Fighter, so the North side of the map was a bloodbath. W!Cecilia was equally obnoxious since she was a Forma unit, so she had Broadleaf Fan, Close Counter, Special Fighter and Threat. Atk/Spd to lock down the South side. Klein ran around nuking the few enemies that could damage them, and Brunnya... was just a Def Tactic bot and some extra damage, really.

I had cleared all the way up to infernal before today, easy enough with Bartre, Echidna, Brunnya and Clarine or low HM units below Lunatic.

Then I stumbled for a solution with Abyssal. Ended up using this to build a strat around (Idunn +1, rest of the squad as support) and cleared without any Aether fodder after plenty of fails. I'm happy Thea could contribute too (few rounds of combat, but as she was EP built and didn't get to see any was limited. Her dual Tactic buffs were very useful mind.) and my CC W!Cecilia prove surprisingly capable as well with some of the reinforcements. Clarine just healed, but with the lack of Aether that too was clutch.

On top of that Idunn is still OP. She walled most everything and few things didn't die to her.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:31 PM, DLNarshen said:

@Alexmender Awesome Cecilia!  Non-one turn clears that manage to bypass all the reinforcements are quite rare, so that was nice to see.  Broadleaf really seems to make all the other daggers pale in comparison.

@Maaka Seeing all your Bartre use in previous one-turn clears, I kinda figured this one would be right up your ally!  And no dancer to boot!  I was surprised to see spring Fir just one round Hector like that.

@GuiltyLove Lalum is one of those units I always forget was even added to this game - I'm sure many are wishing they had her now.  Igrene really makes this map look like a joke.

@Unknown Gamer11 Ooh, this is a nice squad, especially that Lugh.  I don't think I've ever seen him at +10 before.  A very unique team of units with great builds I can appreciate as a fellow FE6 guy.

@Landmaster I see we had similar ideas on where to source our music this time around!  Glad to see Sophia is still going strong since the Bramimond fight. That poor Lance Fighter Galeforcing right into her death lol.  At least they were merciful and didn't give the fridge Wary Fighter this time...

@NSSKG151 Klein sure cleaned house here.  I think if I were ever to build a quad Archer it would be him for sure.  Lilina and Cecilia's lack of stars certainly didn't stop them either!

I never thought that man could be so powerful or tanky. I feel like I should be frightened of him.

@DLNarshen Ooooo... what a fabulous clear! The amount of sustain on Narcian is amazing, love that back and forth HP exchange with Hector! Fork Narcian was fabulous himself, I love how speedy he can be, and GF proc too! Well done, it's like this map was made for a Narcian duo clear!

@Landmaster Phew you were right, the lance tin can did take a while to go down. Wow, a Thea in action! Don't see that a lot. I see your Sophia sure does a lot of work these days, and Brave Roy does his fun GF things (and fated battle with Lilina's dad). Also i think this is the first I ever heard Fae's "Stompy, stompy" line lol.

@Maaka This LHB sure was made for you! I love the exact kill on that S!Fir vs Hector. The beard/moustache accessories though!

@Alexmender Oooh Broadleaf Cecilia! Such a dangerous weapon. Special Fighter also really helped, nice clear!

@mampfoid @daisy jane @Zeo @SatsumaFSoysoy @BoaFerox @DarkAlf @Diovani Bressan

So as usual I'm a bit late with a busy week- I was dreading Fe6 but I did have some great red units from the game at least. Then I just though, why not just throw some more archers, and here we are..

Team is +Spd/-Res Igene, +Atk/-Spd Idunn, +Atk/-Res Klein and +Atk/-Def Summer Wolt

Music is Direct Confrontation from Haikyuu

- A dragon boss and three archers take on the Armads wielder.

- Ostia's Pulse? Meet Igrene's Pulse Smoke. Thank goodness for Igrene's kit, being red physical Ophelia made sure she kept up with the enemies. The turn where she took damage was actually a misclick that finally let me beat the map (before she needed a Hone Atk boost to defeat the Brave Sword). She did have trouble with the lance knight, but Wolt's Luna and green colour helped finishing things off.

- Idunn is such a tank. Slap a healing special and Brazen and she survives a lot. Great Hector counter, although it feels weird to see Hector double Idunn on initiation.

- While Klein doesn't quite have Igrene's firepower, Chill Def and Draw Back support was really appreciated- and more importantly, being colourless. Also Swordbreaker quads are satisfying to see.

Edited by mcsilas

@DLNarshen - I see this is the double Narcian show. Bunny Narcian is super thicc, as expected, but normal Narcian wasn’t losing in the tanking department either. Especially for those last few turns all on his own. I’m still amazed at how good his refine is for tanking, plus that Mystic Boost healing. A brrrrreathtaking clear!

@Vicious Sal - Percival’s a unit I never see, so this was pretty nice. I wasn’t expecting Roy to completely one round Hector so I appreciate the immersion. Good work!

@mcsilas - This was smooth, positioning was on point every turn and you had those Specials saved for the end when they were needed the most. And good teamwork, everyone saw a bit of the action here~

On 7/19/2020 at 3:14 AM, Hilda said:

Narcian definitly needs a resplendant version. That regular Artwork is just bad to the bones.

You're not the first I've seen who has problems with his regular art...personally I think it suits him but I won't say no to a resplendent version.  I expect Xander will be the first GHB to get one, but until then I won't get my hopes up.

@Vicious Sal Nice Brunnya show!  I know she's a good choice for a grail unit, and seeing yours makes me feel even better about building mine.  Spd/Res Solo is pretty much the perfect seal for her.

@mcsilas If there's anything I'm learning from watching these clears, it's that Klein should be my next archer merge project.  Igrene is a force as always, and I never thought I'd see Wolt in one of these haha.  Too bad he never got to use his Brazen, but that just speaks to how strong his allies were.  Your Hector could not have been more different than mine lol.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:26 PM, daisy jane said:

that was a great clear, Sal 🙂

Thanks! I was rather content with this one. Every try I got a bit further and it really felt like a puzzle being completed.

15 hours ago, Landmaster said:

@DLNarshen - I see this is the double Narcian show. Bunny Narcian is super thicc, as expected, but normal Narcian wasn’t losing in the tanking department either. Especially for those last few turns all on his own. I’m still amazed at how good his refine is for tanking, plus that Mystic Boost healing. A brrrrreathtaking clear!

@Vicious Sal - Percival’s a unit I never see, so this was pretty nice. I wasn’t expecting Roy to completely one round Hector so I appreciate the immersion. Good work!

@mcsilas - This was smooth, positioning was on point every turn and you had those Specials saved for the end when they were needed the most. And good teamwork, everyone saw a bit of the action here~

Percival was a random free summon but he hasn’t been foddered yet since the two free pulls before it were double Sirius. So I had lull fodder in spades. He got lucky  but at some point he’s going to bite the bullet.

I also did not expect Roy to perform like that, but he actually just did that as a neutral base kit unit, so he may be more useful than I gave him credit for initially.

50 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

You're not the first I've seen who has problems with his regular art...personally I think it suits him but I won't say no to a resplendent version.  I expect Xander will be the first GHB to get one, but until then I won't get my hopes up.

@Vicious Sal Nice Brunnya show!  I know she's a good choice for a grail unit, and seeing yours makes me feel even better about building mine.  Spd/Res Solo is pretty much the perfect seal for her.

@mcsilas If there's anything I'm learning from watching these clears, it's that Klein should be my next archer merge project.  Igrene is a force as always, and I never thought I'd see Wolt in one of these haha.  Too bad he never got to use his Brazen, but that just speaks to how strong his allies were.  Your Hector could not have been more different than mine lol.

Yeah Brunnya is such a fantastic unit, she carries Astra week quite a bit. Her kit is amazing and Fimbulvertr is so satisfying to see in animations. Brunnya is absolutely a worthwhile and timeless investment. Penalties will be staying so penalty nullification is just great now and in the future.