Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

@Diovani Bressan Great clear with Nowi and honorary member Mia with Brady as backup support.

@Maaka Nice one turn clear! Frederick cleared the way while leading everyone to victory.

@GuiltyLove Nice dragon theme clear! Nowi is pretty good at tanking even against green units. I'm surprised Lucina didn't use Future Visions on turn 4 to swap places with the red tome cavalry unit since she could have knocked out Cherche there.

@Landmaster Great Nowi team clear! I'm kind of surprised they haven't released another Nowi alt that has 180+ bst yet since she seems to be one of the more popular dragon characters though I am also waiting for another alt of Awakening Tiki.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

@Landmaster  Yay Nowi family! Was TA3 on Male Grima specifically for this map? Lorenz's weapon looks so funny! I haven't seen Halloween Nowi being used much.

Thanx!~ No, I just always run TA on Grima for AA to deal with other Blue Armors~

This series of LHB would have got me over the line for Summer!Laevateinn's combat manual.

I was also well able to do all but the Abyssal Lucina level without any hints. So, I'm still stuck on Abyssal L!Lucina. I still don't have that yet.

Jamke: L!Edelgard, W!Sothis, Death Knight
I forgot how much this map hates horses, which was problematic because the only available Lance I had to deal with the Armorsmasher Sword Cavalier was a horse. I eventually had to trick said Armorsmasher into taking the wrong way around the map so my Armors could do their thing.

C & A: B!Ike, Sanaki, B!Micaiah, Titania
Giving the opposing side a dancer while restricting our dancers was a dick move. I ended up solving this map the same way I did the first time: by using Reposition to put all my units to one side while a supertank went to work.

Garon: Phina, L!Marth, Naga, Y!Minerva
Another awful map. Phina could handle most of the threats, but the Swordbreaker Sword Fighter made this a lot harder than it needed to be. I eventually figured it out by baiting the Cleric with Naga to block the Sword Fighter's path.

C & L: W!Eirika, B!Ephraim, Seth, Myrrh
Probably the easiest of the set. All I had to do was heal B!Ephraim so Chrom wouldn't proc Aether immediately; W!Eirika killed him with Bold Fighter the following turn. The rest of the enemies were cannon fodder.

L!Lucina: F!Grima, M!Grima, Naga, Aversa
Oh joy, we're dealing with actual Abyssal stats now. L!Lucina was as much of a pain as I remember her being, though I had better tools this time and was able to tank everything with F!Grima with proper Ward/Goad/Drive support.

Edited by Some Jerk

I didn't think I was going to be able to finish Abyssal Legendary Lucina's map, but thankfully I managed to find a guide someone had posted that let me clear it. The characters are all 3-4 star options and I managed to complete it even if my setup wasn't 100% the same.

28 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I didn't think I was going to be able to finish Abyssal Legendary Lucina's map, but thankfully I managed to find a guide someone had posted that let me clear it. The characters are all 3-4 star options and I managed to complete it even if my setup wasn't 100% the same.

Do you have a link?  I am really stuck myself since my Awakening units aren't my best built units.

Cleared the last one with Cordelia, BB!Cordelia, SP!Mia, and Olivia. Olivia was a life saver.

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Do you have a link?  I am really stuck myself since my Awakening units aren't my best built units.

@EricaofRenais Here's the link

Your characters don't need to be merged (mine weren't), my Olivia was +spd -HP and had no weapon refine, and Cordelia was +atk instead of +spd, and my Tiki was neutral. I had to improvise on the last four enemies because my Olivia didn't kill the green cavalier, but by that point you should be able to still beat it without the guide since there aren't a lot of enemies left.

@Landmaster Oh, nice clear! I really liked the theme you made.

@Vicious Sal That was a pretty nice 1-turn clear. Of course Chrom would deal with them without problems, especially with the help of his daughter.

PM1 didn't post any guide for these Limited Battles. I hope that the people who rely on these guides have found other channels to help them.

Yeah, I missed out on the Abyssal papers this time 'round for obvious reasons. I normally don't even bother attempting Infernal LHBs or MHBs without a guide these days, but my random bumbling around on Infernal got pretty close first time around so I managed to clear it under my own steam. Probably wouldn't have bothered if it had taken much more. Helps that I had +10 Tiki, Nowi and Tharja of course.

I'm okay doing the GHB and BHB ones myself. Chrom and Lissa were the most challenging this time, though that's mostly due to my shockingly bad FE8 lineup which consists of Mage Eirika, Myrrh, Lute and a choice out of the various flavours of Ephraim.

Edited by Humanoid

@Diovani Bressan I wish I got Mia and Lucina. Brady was a surprising guest too. Nowi did Nowi things.

@Maaka Any use of Cordelia is good civ.

@NSSKG151 Cordy and Cherche are always nice. I tried to use my own ATiki, but not enough merges yet. She handled the left side beautifully. Anna saved her strength to get the fancy boss kill too. Impressive that she doubled LLucina, and the damage reduction came in clutch too.

@Landmaster That's a pretty strong family, though it was the girls doing the heavy lifting of course. Don't see Witch Nowi very often, and I still don't have her myself. The fight was honestly tougher than I expected, as the Nowis started getting worn down, but they pulled through with all that healing. Poor Lucina had to be killed by her nightmare.

Procrastinated a lot on recording and then forgot to post here lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 1:21 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Diovani Bressan I wish I got Mia and Lucina. Brady was a surprising guest too. Nowi did Nowi things.

@Maaka Any use of Cordelia is good civ.

@NSSKG151 Cordy and Cherche are always nice. I tried to use my own ATiki, but not enough merges yet. She handled the left side beautifully. Anna saved her strength to get the fancy boss kill too. Impressive that she doubled LLucina, and the damage reduction came in clutch too.

@Landmaster That's a pretty strong family, though it was the girls doing the heavy lifting of course. Don't see Witch Nowi very often, and I still don't have her myself. The fight was honestly tougher than I expected, as the Nowis started getting worn down, but they pulled through with all that healing. Poor Lucina had to be killed by her nightmare.

Procrastinated a lot on recording and then forgot to post here lol.

Nice CC Tharja, she’s a pretty hood heal tank. The Cordies are of corse experts at getting those quads, making it pretty safe to hit and run~ Nice work~

Extremely easy LHB... if only because I have some heavily invested units.

Team used:
+10+15 +Atk Lyn: Atk Wo Dao+, Reposition, Noontime, Distant Counter, Null Follow-Up, Pulse Smoke, Spd/Res Solo
5*+9+5 +Def Florina: eff. Florina's Lance, Reposition, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, Sturdy Stance
+1 +HP Bride Ninian: +Spd Fresh Bouquet+, Dance, Chill Atk, Atk Tactic, Gale Dance 1
+8+10 Summer Lyn: Deep-Blue Bow, Reposition, Luna, Sturdy Impact, Atk/Def

I have both Eliwood and Winter Jaffar at +10, backed them up with Brave Hector and Nils. Was ready to refine Hector's weapon if it seemed like it'd help, but the team made short work of it without needing that. 

I have a love/hate relationship with this map. Its layout can be annoying to deal with but it's satisfying when you manage to beat it, which is why I'm pretty proud of this clear as I was able to reduce the turn count by 2 compared to my initial clear. Didn't think I'd need Armored Blow for a clear but hey, it's what I needed.

Spoiler