Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

@NSSKG151 Mini Merric is quite the nice unit. I don't see him used that often, but he really packs a punch. Spendthrift Norne is great as usual, can't wait till I can build her up. Nice clear!

@Some Jerk Phina is really amazing thanks to that rapier. L!Tiki barely surviving that green mage was pretty nice. Mini Minerva is quite the tank herself. Great clear!

This was a pretty easy limited LHB because the child units are so overpowered. Although adult Caeda did quite a bit of work as well thanks to Naga's dragon effectiveness buff.

Also here is the video of all 5 LHB one-turn clears for this week

Spoiler

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see people got pretty interested in killing Hríds here. I want to include myself in this group as well.

I confess I expected it to be harder. It ended having a nice time.

This is a One-Turn that I did:

But before that i also did a normal clear:

@mcsilas @BoaFerox @LordFrigid @Sasori @daisy jane @Landmaster @DarkAlf

@Some Jerk That's a nice clear! You have a pretty nice DC Special Spiral Phina! Also, it was a curious thing that I didn't know about: when a blessed or Legendary/Mythic unit triggers a special attack and the foe triggers a defensive special, The unit freezes while the foe's special animation occurs... but the shadow from the blessing stays animated (you can see on 3:28, when Marth's cape freezes with him, but in the shadows have the cape still animated when Escutcheon triggers).

@Flying Shogi Good idea of using Caeda with Desperation and Galeforce, to deal with the Axe Armor and Hríd. It's also nice to see another Young Merric user. I really like the green boy. Great clear!

@XRay Good idea of using Caeda with Desperation and Galeforce, to deal with the Axe Armor and Hríd. Hmm... déjà vu. Even though you said you started following a guide, you did a very nice job improvising the rest. Well done!

All these Phinas makes me sad that I don't have one.

@GuiltyLove Good idea of using Caeda with Desperation and Galeforce, to deal with the Axe Armor and Hríd. Can someone have déjà vu of a déjà vu? Spring Est is not someone that I see that ofter, but I am always pleased to see her again. 

I had the idea of using Caeda with Desperation and Galeforce to deal with teh Axe Armor and Hríd as well, but it was Young Caeda and also I changed the strat to use Tiki to defeat Hríd instead, when I saw that she would survive the special.

@Maaka Nice one-turn clear, my friend! Galeforce on Young Marth looks interesting! Maybe mine will get the skill in the future! And another Caeda showcase, showing that I should also merge mine. Naga was the MVP, of course.

Also, very nice that you were able to one-turn all five maps! Congrats!

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Good idea of using Caeda with Desperation and Galeforce, to deal with the Axe Armor and Hríd. Hmm... déjà vu. Even though you said you started following a guide, you did a very nice job improvising the rest. Well done!

Thanks! Still took me a while to figure things. At the start of the second turn, I had to kill the closest enemies and then go towards the left side of the map instead of the right side as the video suggested, since the enemy cleric was not in the right position so I do not have the proper positioning to Reposition myself correctly.

Poor Hrid, can’t beat a couple of kids.

@NSSKG151 - Baby Merric is such a good unit, his healing is so clutch for the whole team. Norne and Baby Caeda are pretty busted so they pretty easily helped him tear this map down.

@Some Jerk - Offensive Phina is the best Phina. Especially when she’s killing Hrid. And everyone else, I guess. Phina way too stronk honestly.

@GuiltyLove - Hard to go wrong with Caeda against horses and magic. The fliers had no trouble here, even if they got a little low on health. Nice work!

@Maaka - Very easy with some very busted kids and Caeda’s future self. Funny that the baby had to save her older version.

@Diovani Bressan - OK that one turn was pretty high IQ. Any only using three units, very insane.

I guess if you HIDE NInian I can pretend you also used all babies. But I will accept it just this one time since Baby Caeda nuked Hrid and it's what he deserves.

This one took some doing, but I'd say that it ended being easier than Sacred Stones vs. Tiki.

Archanea vs. Hrid (Alternate Title: Hrid and His Boys Get Outplayed by Some Kids and their Nanny Ninian):

Spoiler

ZY7oFHe.jpg

And yeah, this one was easier than SS vs. Tiki mostly because these kids are ridiculous. Hrid got killed Turn 1 by Merric, with assists from Joint Hone Atk, Res Feint of all things, and double Drive Atk. Also, the Mystic Boost seal has already proved its weight in gold and allowed Merric to survive against the manakete and green mage cav on Enemy Phase.

So all in all, I'd say this made my investment in that last Double Special Heroes (which is where I got both Caeda and Palla) quite worth it.

Team Stats and Skills

Spoiler

HSa4ev0.jpg?1
Wt2Fubu.jpg?1
833d08Q.jpg?1
S3umaoX.jpg?1

As for the rest of my clear teams:

Fates vs. Deathea

Spoiler

Wtvz11V.jpg?1

I've definitely underutilized Lilith up to this point, so it was nice to use her here. And yes, her support partner is exactly who you think it is.

Binding Blade vs. Ephraim & Myrrh

Spoiler

loJZogb.jpg?1

Hey, finally a Binding Blade clear where Klein wasn't used! Also, it provided a opportunity to try out Fae's recently obtained Prf.

Three Houses vs. Cynthia

Spoiler

tHGkj3W.jpg?1

I'll stop using this predictable set-up whenever it stops working so probably never.

There was a slight hiccup here because I forgot that the red mage had TA + -Raven tome and Bowbreaker. So, I naturally chose to give him a middle finger back and stuck R Tomebreaker 3 on Claude just for this.

Tellius vs. M!Corrin & F!Kana

Spoiler

aP0tkWE.jpg?1

This was almost the same team as the last Tellius clear (I just switched Micaiahs). Though, this one was a bit trickier than Panne's map was.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I see people got pretty interested in killing Hríds here. I want to include myself in this group as well.

I confess I expected it to be harder. It ended having a nice time.

This is a One-Turn that I did:

Man, a one-turn clear with just three units is a sign of a genius or something. Nice!

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Poor Hrid, can’t beat a couple of kids.

I was so confused why Minerva had HB3 and Iote's shield until I saw that Palla needed the HB seal. Caeda's Astra wrecked Hrid!

@GuiltyLove Caeda put in a lot of work. She's really good for this map. Nice flying team clear!

@Maaka Nice one turn clear using all swords! I think this is my first time seeing someone use kid Marth as a Galeforce user.

@Landmaster The kids all looked like they had fun taking down Hrid's map. Nice clear!

@Diovani Bressan As I predicted, you bullied Hrid with all the children. Mini Merric really is a nice unit, sort of wish I picked one up, but he can't galeforce, so oh well. Nice one-turn clear as well! It's neat to see only 3 units used even if you have to cheat to get it to work. Great job!

@Landmaster Poor Merric being left out of the group... That was quite the powerful astra from Caeda. I really appreciate all the galeforcing in this clear. Very nice job!

22 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Here's my clear:

Looks like our Caeda's KO'ed similar units. That accessory makes me think Caeda was the special agent sent in to assassinate Hríd.

16 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Flying Shogi Good idea of using Caeda with Desperation and Galeforce, to deal with the Axe Armor and Hríd. It's also nice to see another Young Merric user. I really like the green boy. Great clear!

Thanks! You came to mind when I picked him for the job.

16 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I commend you for having the patience to leave Hríd until the last turn. He had to go with that Panic Ploy lol

Okay. Can Ewan stop pity breaking me so i can get more Phina?  Anyhoo. I remember this was the first abyssal map i cleared but it was Dancer Cheese with Celica thus it took me a while longer to figure it out. Ironically. it still involved some Dancer Cheese. I wanted to give everyone a kill so it took me a bit longer to figure that out. but I a happy with the result! And Caeda got to play  (and since i rarely galeforce it took me a while longer to figure that out for her). all well. at least @Maaka will be pleased. 

@Some Jerk - you will always be my people. #dancerpower, @Landmaster, - nice baby killing clears, @NSSKG151 that was a great clear as well, Everyone making me so jealous of no Merric - I hope I can get him next year. @Diovani Bressan doing the one turn clear with 3 units, what a flex, @GuiltyLove you have Est. i'm jealous. (have no one on that banner 😞 ) @Alexmender, @LordFrigid and @SatsumaFSoysoy to round everyone up 🙂

@Maaka Nice children lead by Naga. I guess to Naga, adult Caeda is still a child too.

@Diovani Bressan Wow, only three units for the one turn, you show-off. Then again, I guess it's fair considering how broken Duo Tiki is. NCD on Marth made a huge difference in the regular clear.

@Landmaster Damn, Caeda annihilated Hrid there. She was the star I'd say.

@daisy jane This Caeda opener is definitely popular lol. Spendthrift Norne proves to be strong once again.

Unfortunately no clear from me this time. I have a severe lack of tools for this, with no Young units except Minerva, no Phina, no OG Caeda, not much skill investment/merges in general. I barely managed to figure out Infernal with FKris, SPalla, SEst and FTiki, but with Abyssal stats it's impossible. Even if it is somehow possible, I don't have any more time to devote to this game. This is the first Limited I've failed to clear, sadly.

Archanea v Hrid: Xane was the star. He copied Young Marth’s defenses and Halloween Duo Tiki’s offenses. Phina was there to dance, and all three units had to run Drive Atk x3 and Spur Atk x1 in order to one shot several enemies, including Hrid and the green armor at the start.

Tellius v Kana/Corrin: Easy Fallen Ike clear with B Micaiah’s dominance. Shinon took care of the left while Altina just vibed in the back lol.

Fates v Delthea: Niles could pretty much solo the whole map, save for Laslow going to the right to trap Delthea. Odin and Silas were there, but unnecessary in the long run. Also, an all +10 clear!

Binding v Ephraim/Myrrh: Deick, B Roy with Galeforce, Guinivere, Larum? You could use a dancer here right?! Lol anyway, B Roy Galeforced a bit while Deick tanked and Guin one shot somebody or another.

Fodlan v Cynthia: Omg so easy because there are objectively no bad TH characters that need heavy investment right now. Anyway, Summer Dortie made her debut, Summer Sylvain rallied, L Edelgard smacked and L Dimitri slapped.

10 hours ago, Othin said:

I used Phina, Halloween Tiki, +10 Gordin, and +10 Merric for Hrid.

Hide contents

2nrOV6a.jpggqTFp1t.jpga0zD8wF.jpgOVnV2bc.jpg

You said Merric but posted Sheena... 

16 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow, only three units for the one turn, you show-off. Then again, I guess it's fair considering how broken Duo Tiki is. NCD on Marth made a huge difference in the regular clear.

Unfortunately no clear from me this time. I have a severe lack of tools for this, with no Young units except Minerva, no Phina, no OG Caeda, not much skill investment/merges in general. I barely managed to figure out Infernal with FKris, SPalla, SEst and FTiki, but with Abyssal stats it's impossible. Even if it is somehow possible, I don't have any more time to devote to this game. This is the first Limited I've failed to clear, sadly.

Thanks! Well, I used 3 units, but two of them have Duo skills, and Caeda has "effective against half of the game"... It's linda cheating. lol

And that's ok in not be able to beat limited Abyssal sometimes. I was not able to beat Eirika last month. And I feel this will happen more next year, with Maps like Alm's, Julia's and Thrasir's, for example. I am already nervous that we will have Azura's map next month! lol

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You said Merric but posted Sheena... 

Thanks, edited. I tried using Merric earlier, but Sheena and Gordin were the ones that worked.

@daisy jane No fair, you brought in two dancers. JK. Caeda was definitely the best unit to bring into this map. Norne is just as good as ever too. I was surprised to see Phina survive after getting into three consecutive battles. Nice clear. Good luck pulling for Young Merric next year.

• 2 weeks later...

The next Limited Battles are:

Spoiler

GHB Kronya: Icon_MiniUnit_Head_7.png.3bf281c16d8f8e1ac8cdf9e5184b6c03.pngSacred Stones - One Dancer allowed;
BHB Ike & Soren: Icon_MiniUnit_Head_10.png.d1f90c468bd35a10d0ccce0c4a459478.pngAwakening - No Dancers allowed;
GHB Death Knight: Icon_MiniUnit_Head_6.png.eb8b226232f8530d8aa9d8c3ab8b721c.pngThe Blazing Blade - One Dancer allowed;
BHB Klein & Clarine: Icon_MiniUnit_Head_3.png.c2072d57cf88d98107e840ea1ba1209c.pngGenealogy of the Holy War and Icon_MiniUnit_Head_4.png.4ce491080d05396a379b9499cd2baa89.pngThracia 776 - No Dancers allowed;
LHB Azura: Icon_MiniUnit_Head_2.png.7daa91c99ffa5525dd5ad2f2f78495a5.pngShadows of Valentia - One Dancer allowed.

I think I may not be able to beat Abyssal Legendary Battle, but we will see...

On 12/14/2020 at 12:34 AM, Tybrosion said:

Also, I've compiled a tentative schedule for 2021's Limited Hero Battles based on the patterns / rotation IS has used for Limited Hero Battles: 

Reveal hidden contents

Jan 2021

Kronya: Sacred Stones
Ike & Soren: Awakening
Death Knight: Blazing Blade
Klein & Clarine: Jugdral
Azura: Shadows of Valentia

Feb 2021

Astram: Heroes
Elincia & Nephenee: Fates
Conrad: Binding Blade
Cherche & Virion: Three Houses
Duma: Tellius

Mar 2021

Cormag: Archanea
Bartre & Fir: Sacred Stones
Kempf: Awakening
Titania & Mist: Blazing Blade
Roy: Jugdral

Apr 2021

Travant: Shadows of Valentia
Leif & Nanna: Heroes
Heath: Fates
Marth & Caeda: Binding Blade
Yune: Three Houses

May 2021

Flame Emperor: Tellius
M!Morgan & F!Morgan: Archanea
Iago: Sacred Stones
Jeorge & Gordin: Awakening
Alm: Blazing Blade

Jun 2021

Ashnard: Jugdral
Tibarn & Caineghis: Shadows of Valentia
Gangrel: Heroes
Alm & Faye: Fates
Naga: Binding Blade

Jul 2021

Eremiya: Three Houses
Innes & Eirika: Tellius
Jorge: Archanea
Fae & Idunn: Sacred Stones
Eliwood: Awakening

Aug 2021

Petrine: Blazing Blade
Sigurd & Lewyn: Jugdral
Nemesis: Shadows of Valentia
Lyn & Florina: Heroes
Sothis: Fates

Sep 2021

Galle: Binding Blade
Edelgard & Dimitri: Three Houses
Caellach: Tellius
Ryoma & Sakura: Archanea
Julia: Sacred Stones

Oct 2021

Unknown / Jan 2021 GHB: Awakening
M!Robin & F!Corrin: Blazing Blade
Unknown / Feb 2021 GHB: Jugdral
Stahl & Sully: Shadows of Valentia
Thrasir: Heroes

Nov 2021

Unknown / Mar 2021 GHB: Fates
Y!Tiki & Nagi: Binding Blade
Unknown / Apr 2021 GHB: Three Houses
Forsyth & Python: Tellius
Leif: Archanea

Dec 2021

Unknown / May 2021 GHB: Sacred Stones
Ranulf & Lethe: Awakening
Unknown / June 2021 GHB: Blazing Blade
Hubert & Bernadetta: Jugdral
Altina: Shadows of Valentia

*1 dancer allowed for GHBs and L/MHBS, none allowed for BHBs

Yep... looks like schedule is pretty much on point!

3 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

https://www.youtube.com/user/sukwindallinrush/videos

He did one for Hrid but it took about 14 instances of SI xD

Oh wow! At least he make it work.

For people that want to follow his videos... I was checking his old videos and it's not guaranteed for him to make a guide for these maps or his strat will work for everyone. He didn't make one for Tiki's map, and Marth's map requires a -Atk Brave Camilla, which already makes it a non F2P guide since a F2P Camilla should be neutral.

But his videos can help people that are having problems in these maps.

For me, if I am not able to beat these maps by myself I... usually don't care and ignore them. Abyssal gives golden accessories, which I am not a fan of them, and Limited Abyssals give 20 Divine Codes... but I rarely use them. If they gave orbs or a good amount of feathers, then I will bother with these maps.

10 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

He did one for Hrid but it took about 14 instances of SI xD

I'm not willing to give up that much fodder lol

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For me, if I am not able to beat these maps by myself I... usually don't care and ignore them.

Honestly, this is where I'm at. So far I've been able to clear all of the LHB's by myself with the exception with LH!Eirika where I saw a clear on Reddit and I happened to have the units. I just need one LHB I can't clear so I can truly care less about Abyssal LHB's.

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Honestly, this is where I'm at. So far I've been able to clear all of the LHB's by myself with the exception with LH!Eirika where I saw a clear on Reddit and I happened to have the units. I just need one LHB I can't clear so I can truly care less about Abyssal LHB's.

I was not able to beat Marth's, Tiki's and Eirika's Limited Battle, and I couldn't care less about it. lol

For normal Abyssals (not limited), I beat all. Some took more time that others (I beat Abyssal Thrasir in October 2020, over a year after the original release of the map). It's basically "if I can't beat it now, I will try again in the future reruns where more powerful and broken units will have been released".

And for Limited Maps... me ignoring Abyssals will happen more often now, because the next ones will be very hard. If I had a hard time beating Abyssal Alm with any unit I wanted to use... imagine having to do it by use something like Sacred Stone units, which is a title that I have weak and poor built units.