Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

Alright time for my round up!

Kronya v SS - Easy map where Duo Ephraim, Fallen Lyon and Magic Eirika all play an important role. Tethys the star dancer of course.

Ike/Soren v Awakening - Again, very easy because I have many +10 Awakening units. M Morgan, Henry, Gerome and L Chrom all make quick tanking work.

BK v Blazing Blade - Lol Duo Tiki/Ninian and Duo Lyn/Florina made this map such a breeze! I think I brought along Nils and... Duo Hector for his HP zap button, but Ninja Lyn carried this on her back while Ninian in Halloween attire supported.

Klein/Clarine v Judgral - Another easy one... wow! I brought out my new Asbel and Sara, with trusty Shannan and OP L Leif to do most of the heavy hitting and sweeping up. A breeze.

Azura v Echoes - I was scared of this one, but Mila invalidates Azura for like the entire first half of the fight. Dancing Berkut kept Duo Alm and L Alm in check. Both Alm’s were my carries, with the trusty healing button coming in clutch near the middle. By far the easiest Abyssal one so far. Mila too strong!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I don't have Mila, Echoes vs. Legendary Azura was a hard fight, especially on Abyssal difficulty. I did clear it, however.

+3+0 +Atk Celica: eff. Ragnarok, Draw Back, Blazing Light, Fury 3, Desperation, Spur Def, Brazen Atk/Spd
+1+0 +Spd Legendary Celica: Saintly Seraphim, Draw Back, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow, Soul of Zofia, Atk/Spd Oath, Swift Sparrow
5*+0+0 Dancer Rinea: Spd Silver Goblet+, Dance, Escape Route 2, Hone Spd 3, Steady Stance
+1+0 +Spd Legendary Alm: Luna Arc, Draw Back, Lunar Flash, Darting Blow, Null Follow-Up, Odd Atk Wave, Flashing Blade

Yeah... In my head, this map was harder... And it's not because I used Mila this time. The first time I beat this map on Abyssal, I used Nowi with Null C-Disrupt to bait the Flash Healer, the Firesweep Sword Flier and Azura on turn 1. Oh well, I had an easier time this time.

This is my One-Turn Clear. Didn't take me too long to find a way to do it. Some skill inheritance were needed: Slaying Axe+, Galeforce and WoM 2 on Alm, Smite and Atk Tactic on Berkut, and Savage Blow on Python. Berkut didn't need Atk Tactic C-skill and Spd Tactic Seal, but I wanted to do it without using Alm's Duo Skill to buff Atk and Spd.

Then, there is the normal clear. Alm, again, doing most of the job, but Delthea, with her new look and better tome, also helped.

@BoaFerox @Maaka @mcsilas @Sasori @Landmaster @LordFrigid @daisy jane @DarkAlf

Edited by Diovani Bressan

@Diovani Bressan Great job on the one-turn clear! I didn't realize Python had such low res. Made it much easier to get him into wings range on Azura. Great use of the shove to open up that space for duo Alm to keep the galeforcing going. The normal clear was pretty neat as well. Duo Alm really destroys stuff. Delthea did a great job murdering the armors as well. Too bad Mila just stood there, but I guess that's all she needed to do.

This month's limited hero battles were fairly annoying. Two of them had units spaced out too far to really use galeforce for everything, so there was a lot of enemy phasing going on. Needless to say, I really hate Clarine now after that BHB, but I made it work out thanks to L!Leif and Ares. 

First up is the L!Azura abyssal one-turn

And here is the video with all 5 one-turn clears

Spoiler

It's been a while since I actually had to think hard about how to clear a hard FE map with my limited resources. I forgot that Azura's map starts off with so many annoying units like that flying firesweeper, the flash cleric and of course Azura herself. But after three hours of struggling I remembered that I used F!Delthea to solo this map with dancer assistance a long time ago and adopted a similar strategy to clear the Abyssal map.

@Maaka Gray looks powerful with his prf and was able to enemy phase those cavalry units easily. I see we had similar ideas about knocking out Azura right away with FH!Delthea. Nice one turn clear!

@LordFrigid @Maaka @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @Unknown Gamer11

This map is a lot more painful when you're doing it the intended way.

So I'm one of the unfortunate few who doesn't have Mila and my only SoV supertank is Duma, which means Azura gets to Gray Waves with impunity. Figuring out how to get Azura into range was a massive chore, but it eventually worked out because Fell Breath + Upheaval is underrated as hell. Enemies not being able to double meant a lot of them had their Specials suppressed, so Duma was able to shrug everything off while L!Alm and Deathea dealt with the Cleric and Lance Cavalier that would've given Duma problems. Once Azura was in strangling distance, Duma just went on an unstoppable rampage while L!Alm picked off anyone that got past him.

@Diovani Bressan- A one turn clear with this? Wow, that's not something I expected! I hated this map. It's nice seeing Python, as I rarely see him these days.

@NSSKG151- Lukas sure is tanky. Everyone seems to be using Fallen Delthea for this map.

@Some Jerk- Duma was way more durable than I imagined. The beginning looked very difficult for him because he was getting swarmed.

Here's my clear. Of course, Catria was the main star of this show, but the legendary lords definitely helped. I needed Drive Spd 2 on Rinea to prevent Catria from getting doubled by Azura. It's a little ridiculous how much speed Azura had. Using DC, Vantage, Def Smoke makes Catria feel like an inferior Ares, but that was the best solution I could come up with.

@Flying Shogi @Landmaster @daisy jane @Unknown Gamer11 @XRay

ebuWTrF.jpg?1

I never thought this one would be difficult, but I didn't expect to slap it down on the first attempt (I don't think I even let all of the reinforcements spawn). So yeah, this was probably my easiest Limited Abyssal clear so far.

Valentia vs. Abyssal Azura Team Details (or: Who Needs Mommy Mila When You Have a Busted Refine): 

Spoiler

ZjO9c32.jpg?1+2
GbZ4jAx.jpg?1
65aiKQU.jpg?1+10
sHwbFnd.jpg?1

As for the rest of the my clear teams:

Sacred Stones vs. Kronya

Spoiler

4PahY9w.jpg?1

I appreciated the much simpler map after FE8's previous and highly irritating outing vs. Y!Tiki.

Awakening vs. Ike & Soren

Spoiler

YtiZGEj.jpg?1

Yes, Mia is my favorite waifu from Awakening, thanks for asking.

Blazing Blade vs. Death Knight

Spoiler

7mwNpcX.jpg?1

Here's ninja Lyn's Limited Hero Battle debut. Expect to always see her on my Blazing Blade clear teams going forward.

Jugdral vs. Klein & Clarine

Spoiler

DSP5sZk.jpg?1

Here, I learned that this Mareeta chick is actually really good and should seriously be using her more in general.

I was initially scared of Azura since my FE2 team has tended to be one of my weaker ones, but adding Mila to my usual core of Brave Celica, Dancer Rinea, and Valentine's Alm did the trick without too much trouble. Celica did most of the work, she's pretty ridiculous.

Mila is so funny on this map, and Celica w/refine is great. I couldn't do Tiki Abyssal a few months back, because I don't have Brave, Duo Ephraim, or any heavily invested characters from that game. So I wonder when we'll get to trivialize one of these Abyssals with Brave Hector.

6 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

@Diovani Bressan- A one turn clear with this? Wow, that's not something I expected! I hated this map. It's nice seeing Python, as I rarely see him these days.

@NSSKG151- Lukas sure is tanky. Everyone seems to be using Fallen Delthea for this map.

@Some Jerk- Duma was way more durable than I imagined. The beginning looked very difficult for him because he was getting swarmed.

Here's my clear. Of course, Catria was the main star of this show, but the legendary lords definitely helped. I needed Drive Spd 2 on Rinea to prevent Catria from getting doubled by Azura. It's a little ridiculous how much speed Azura had. Using DC, Vantage, Def Smoke makes Catria feel like an inferior Ares, but that was the best solution I could come up with.

@Flying Shogi @Landmaster @daisy jane @Unknown Gamer11 @XRay

Nice! I had to use purely player phase myself since I did not have any strong Counter-Vantage units from this game to enemy phase a lot of the enemies. Having a strong Counter-Vantage unit would have definitely made my time easier.

I forgot how I cleared mine, but it was a super long slog for me. I used SK!Alm, Celica, Sonya, and ASS!Berkut. I killed the sword flier with SK!Alm, and then I Repositioned him with Sonya. Enemy cleric attacks Sonya and VS!Azura warped in and attacked SK!Alm, which gets her killed next turn as well as setting up easy Wings of Mercy. I think I had to do a lot of trial and error for the rest of the map, and it took me a long time. After VS!Azura, the enemy unit that gave me the most trouble was the cleric.

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I think Chill Speed defuff on Azura and speed stacking with Darting Stance + Spd refined Silver Goblet is just enough for a +0 neutral Rinea to avoid a double from Azura. Forgot how fast she can get. I was expecting one of the lords to the one to KO Azura lol

Vs. Klein & Clarine: Just realized this is a siblings vs. siblings clear. 

Spoiler

Vs. Azura: Clair got some new toys to play with in Galeforce and Spd Ploy. Gave Rinea some extra skills but it turns out she only needed HP + 5 to survive against Azura.

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I think Chill Speed defuff on Azura and speed stacking with Darting Stance + Spd refined Silver Goblet is just enough for a +0 neutral Rinea to avoid a double from Azura. Forgot how fast she can get. I was expecting one of the lords to the one to KO Azura lol

Vs. Klein & Clarine: Just realized this is a siblings vs. siblings clear. 

Reveal hidden contents

Vs. Azura: Clair got some new toys to play with in Galeforce and Spd Ploy. Gave Rinea some extra skills but it turns out she only needed HP + 5 to survive against Azura.

Hide contents

Flying "always make mages tank physical hits" Shogi

That's the first time I've ever seen Reinhardt with QR.

Edited by GuiltyLove

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

Flying "always make mages tank physical hits" Shogi

You already know 🤣

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

That's the first time I've ever seen Reinhardt with QR.

One of the few times I leave in him in range on enemy phase.

@NSSKG151 Fallen Delthea sure is a fun mage to use. I was surprised by how easily Lukas destroyed those armors. He's definitely tanky, but I see him as being rather weak most of the time. Nice job!

@Some Jerk Dumar is quite the powerful dragon. It's funny how you just tanked everyone with him for a couple turns and then sent him on a rampage. Fell breath is quite the crazy weapon. If it had DC on it, Duma would be absolutely terrifying. Great clear!

@Diovani Bressan Huh, Python in a one-turn clear. It's rare to see bow cavs other than LLeif in these.

Mila definitely pisses all over LAzura lol. Hard to say if it's hilarious or sad in that regard. Delthea's new art is so nice.

@Maaka Wow, a Gray in the flesh. The horseslayer certainly helped.

@Some Jerk For how much people keep making fun of Duma, he's certainly quite strong in these situations. I don't have him myself, though. It was kinda funny seeing him say stuff like "Witness my strength" while moving backwards one space every turn.

@Flying Shogi I used to like using my Clair a lot, but then powercreep happened, and I never really got the chance to merge her up due to other projects. Nice seeing her used here with her handy Prf.

@NSSKG151 Wow, a Lukas. He's pretty useful as long as no mages or dragons are involved, and there were quite a few physical units for him to tank.

@Landmaster

I probably could've done a Celica solo if I wanted to, but this was more fun. I like to think of Brave Celica and Fallen Celica as separate entities.

@GuiltyLove L!Alm and L!Celica look powerful. I have yet to summon either of them. I'm  surprised Azura jumped in and attacked Catria instead of the Green archer but I guess he couldn't do much against Iote's Shield. It was nice seeing Catria wreck things with Vantage. Nice clear!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Brave Bow and Bold Fighter looks like a powerful combo for an armored unit. The Celicas looks great as always. Great clears!

On 1/12/2021 at 1:51 AM, GuiltyLove said:

That's a beautiful Tana. I got her as my free pull a few days ago and she's now +3 🙂 I really want to build her up, but I don't have any particular role for her... It's good to see that she can still be so powerful, even years later. I don't think her English voice suits her if I play FE8 again, though

Yay, free Tana! Yeah, it's kinda hard to find the perfect role for her since her Prf doesn't match her statline that well, and the refine does not help, sadly... (Re-refines when?)
I basically just have a ton of different inherited lances on her and use what's best for the map, usually either Slaying Lance, Flowing Lance or Ninja Yari these days. I like both her voices but I will admit the Japanese one is closer to what I imagined.
Great Azura clear as well, that Catria looks awesome. I used her with DC and Vantage myself when clearing the map, but that Firesweep and Dazzling pair up front made things really annoying for her. Seems yours avoided that quite easily though, nice!

@Maaka Great bunch of one turn clears, that Klein and Clarine one looked especially tricky. Placing a Dazzling staff unit behind a wall like that is really mean for one turns. Great performance by Gray in the Azura clear as well.

@Diovani Bressan Mila really makes a world of difference for regular clears of this map. Duo Alm also put in a bunch of work, I've never been made more aware of the fact that I don't have him than now. He's literally the only green melee unit from Echoes, so for these limited battles there's a lot of roles only he can fulfill. 

I didn't think I would be able to beat this in one turn with my limited Echoes roster, but thanks to Diovani for the idea of using Python I managed to do it in the end. Putting Firesweep and Dazzling Staff on this map right from the start is pretty mean and makes it harder to enemy phase. I wasn't really considering my 4-star roster when trying to solve this, but it turns out finding a bow cavalier among them became the key to getting the positions just right to beat those cavaliers on enemy phase without dying.

@BoaFerox: Spoiling your favorites with many inherited skills is the way to go! I might just give Tana Slaying Lance, then. I actually don't really like using DC Vantage on Catria because she doesn't get extra stats, but that was the easiest way for me to clear this map 😞 All these one-turn clears are quite impressive. It looks like Python is quite useful, at least more than I originally thought.

@BoaFerox Glad you managed to get this clear done! Starting off with the green bow unit was a great idea and it's nice to see the obstruct seal coming in handy for once. That was a bit of a close call with Azura. Thank goodness for savage blow. Nice job!

@Maaka Well done! Nice use of Infantry Rush on Delthea to give Heavy Blade to Gray without using his A slot. Those cavaliers didn't have a change against that villager. Congrats on the others clears as well. Once again, all one-turn clears!

@NSSKG151 Nice clear! I am a fan of Steady Breath on Lukas, since I have it on mine, but Sorcery Blade was a pretty nice thing to see being used as well! 

@Some Jerk Oh wow! Duma tanked all those foes like a champ! That clear as pretty good! Congrats!

@GuiltyLove Oooooh! That's a very strong Valentian Catria that you have! That for sure was a pretty nice investment! Nice job on your clear! I still have to finish my Python...

@SatsumaFSoysoy When I saw that SoV units would be needed for Azura's map, I already knew you would have a fun time using your Celica there. And I was right! Faye was a pretty nice bonus there. Great job!

@BoaFerox Yay Boa! I am glad we found a way to make this work! I hope that, if you try to get a Duo Alm next month, you can get him pretty fast. Obstruct is the new meta!

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

All these AotB!Celica's making me want to pull for a copy. My SoV roster does lack a sword unit.

pull for Valentia Catria instead even though she's far inferior to Brave Celica

@Diovani Bressan- I'll give Catria almost all the skills I can scrounge up! I already killed a Lethe and Duma for their Solo skills just because I had extra copies 😛 I want to try to actually put them to use one of these days.