Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

38ad50fbaf.jpg

I actually had this cleared on the first go, but that was because the Red Flier did something dumb and didn't Rally Atk/Spd+ on Cormag to instagib F!Grima. I didn't like this, so I figured out a solo clear without the cheese -- the Red Flier was a dick in this regard, having Chill Def to make Cormag harder to tank and Drive Res to deny some ORKOs, which I eventually fixed by swapping Atk Smoke with Sturdy Stance. The rest of the map was leading Cormag on a chase until I could put an end to the Red Flier's bullshit.

Also, the Red Flier was surviving Aether with 1 HP and getting just enough Spd to avoid a double with Atk/Spd Form. Rude!

Edited by Some Jerk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda hate that this works with a freshly crystal trained Spring Myrrh, but that's just how units are made these days I guess. I think if I didn't have that Def superbane she could have done it without Iote's Shield as well.

Blazing Blade vs. Titania+Mist is another easy one for me and yay, themed team!

+10+15 +Atk Summoner-supported Resplendent Lyn: Spd Carrot Cudgel+, Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Distant Counter, Spurn, Pulse Smoke, Mystic Boost
5*+9+10 +Def Florina: eff. Florina's Lance, Reposition, Distant Ward, Quick Riposte, Atk/Def Rein
+10+15 +Spd Bride Lyn: Wrathful Pain+, Restore+, Drive Def, Close Guard
+3+5 Summoner-supported Duo Lyn: Tailwind Shuriken, Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Swift Sparrow, Spd/Def Rein, Savage Blow

f457b594ba.jpg

That Blue Bow can go to hell, surviving +Spd Eliwood with 1 HP and also killing him by 1 HP. This vindicated my decision to have a +Atk Eliwood in reserve (though now I have to fish for a +Spd in case the stars align again).

Jugdral vs. Legendary Roy was a tough fight on Abyssal but I made it through!

5*+10+7 +Atk Reinhardt: Dire Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 4, Lancebreaker, Savage Blow, Savage Blow
5*+10+9 +Atk Ares: Dark Mystletainn, Reposition, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Vantage, Def Smoke, Brazen Atk/Def
+0+0  +Atk/-Def Lewyn: eff. Forseti, Draw Back, Glimmer, Swift Sparrow 2, Special Spiral, Odd Atk Wave, Swift Sparrow
5*+1 Dancer Eldigan: Def Courtly Candle+, Dance, Bonfire, Fortress Def, Wings of Mercy, Atk Tactic, Spd Tactic

L!Leif is my savior for this limited LHB. He made it much easier to get everyone in place and being able to quad thanks to swordbreaker made it even better. 

And of course, all 5 limited hero battle one-turns for this month:

Spoiler

Father/son outing.

@LordFrigid @Maaka @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @Unknown Gamer11

I remember Roy being one of the harder Abyssals when it came out, but several of my best Judgral units (and my best units in general) being +10 made this way easier. Ares and Balldigan completely trash this map with the right setup, and Silvia being a murder-hurricane and L!Julia just hitting really hard were just the icing on the cake. It was mostly an exercise in making sure all of the Specials triggered at the right times.

Lots of skill inheritance and precise positioning was needed to clear to map. The lance cavalier and red dragon was probably the hardest units to figure out how to take down as well as trying to bait out the green tome cavalier. I really want to get more merges for Ayra now since she is probably one of my favorite sword infantry units to use now.

@Maaka That's a lot of quad action going on there. That was a neat use of smite to get Lex over the river to finish the last foe off.

Took me a few tries, but here's Abyssal Limited Roy Battle, with Genealogy/Thracia units:

@Landmaster @BoaFerox @mcsilas @DarkAlf @Sasori

@Some Jerk I knew you wouldn't have problem in this map, after watching your dancers in others videos. You did a great job!

@Maaka Yay! Another set of One-Turns in all limited battles! Congrats!

@NSSKG151 I really enjoyed your Reinhard Clear, feat. Ayra. I hope you can get Ayra some merges, like you want. Her rerun is in July, so there is some time until there... But maybe she makes you happy by appearing as a random 4* Special.

@Some Jerk Nice clear. I wanted to use Ares for this map, but I wasn't able to strategize well enough. Dancer Eldigan is quite durable.

@NSSKG151 A Reinhardt trio, huh? Ayra is definitely quite fun to use, I imagine. Mine is unmerged and unrefined. 

@XRay @Flying Shogi @Landmaster @BoaFerox @Unknown Gamer11 @daisy jane

I gave all that SI to Mareeta just for 20 Divine Codes. Nevertheless, it would have gone to her eventually because I don't usually give DC to my units out of indecisiveness. Mareeta seems to be one of the better users of it. Using NFU and a damage reduction skill felt like being on a power trip for me, since fliers normally don't get those skills. I'll admit it's quite satisfying just pressing end turn.

39 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I gave all that SI to Mareeta just for 20 Divine Codes. Nevertheless, it would have gone to her eventually because I don't usually give DC to my units out of indecisiveness. Mareeta seems to be one of the better users of it. Using NFU and a damage reduction skill felt like being on a power trip for me, since fliers normally don't get those skills. I'll admit it's quite satisfying just pressing end turn.

I did not think of Erinys! I have her, but I did not see her at the time so it did not cross my mind to use her. Having a strong flier would have definitely made my attempts a lot easier.

It took me a LONG time messing around with Leif: Unifier of Thracia, Reinhardt: Thunder's Sword, Julia: Crusader of Light, and Dorothea: Twilit Harmony. The cavalry were a pain in the ass cause they have so little space to work with, but they were some of my best Judgral units.

Edited by XRay

@Some Jerk Ooo I'm loving that ninja katana Silvia. That was some nice tanking from dancer Eldigan as usual.

@NSSKG151 Reinhardt squad huh? Totally forgot dancer Reinhardt was a thing. You seem to be enjoying Ayra's new refine. Funny how she ended up with more kills than all 3 Reinhardts combined.

@Diovani Bressan Osian was an interesting choice. The noontime healing really saved him. Fallen Julia is such a monster. Can't believe how easily she took everyone down. Great job!

Not too hard, just a couple Dragonflowers on Ishtar and one on Silvia were needed, as well as a couple Drive Attacks because their other skills weren't doing much there.

@Maaka - Nice all Cav team, Lex makes a nice addition to the one-turn lineup

@Some Jerk - I knew your Silvia would shine here, always nice to see your dancers doing the heavy lifting. And I always love seeing the good boi Ares. Those in-combat numbers against Roy were very satisfying.

@NSSKG151 - Ah, we got at least one Rein Emblem. Bignis on Swordhardt is very sexy. Nice work wit Ayra, too, her refine is really nice.

@Diovani Bressan - Osian got right to work with some close calls, but he managed until Julia could handle the Res tanking.  Desperation Evil Julia is super scary.

@GuiltyLove - Mareeta is still such a good unit, the fact that she can handle so much of the map on her own is super good.

@Landmaster Shannan is really good at taking 0 damage from enemies and then blowing them up in return. These sword infantry units are really fun to use. Lachesis has 52 Res... that's ridiculous 😛 I might start using Mareeta more for PvE content, though I'll still stick with fliers for most Abyssal maps

@Maaka Nice Lex. Was surprised to see Dorothea there for a moment before I remembered why.

@Some Jerk Knew you weren't going to struggle with this one. Ninja Katana was really one of the best toys for you, I guess.

@NSSKG151 Wow, Attack of Reinhardt. Featuring Ayra. I hope to get DC on my Ayra sometime soon as well. I don't really need more sword DC in particular, but I like Ayra and her refine is so good. Mystic Boost seal is definitely a great choice (just like my BCelica set, huh?). It's funny watching two cavs and a flier huddle around a woman for protection.

@Diovani Bressan Things looked a bit rough for a while there, pushed up against the wall, but good thing Dorothea saved the day. Nuking Roy is always a solid idea.

@Landmaster Wow, that's a nice Silva. Shannan is quite reliable vs anything physical and has a lot of firepower to boot. I love Ishtar's refine, but I couldn't quite run her. I think I need more merges.

Sorry for not responding to the GHB and BHB stuff lately. It's hard to find motivation to do anything special with them when they're so easy, and I end up forgetting about the threads. Here's my clear though. Got pretty hard carried by Julia.

@Diovani Bressan Nice clear! Osian tanked hits well and Julia just blew everything away.

Ayra will be on a banner in July huh. I should have a whole stockpile of orbs by then assuming the banners in April and May don't have anything that would tempt me.

@GuiltyLove Mareeta and Erinys shredded through just about everything they came across. They both seem like they are great units. 

@Landmaster Nice Shannan. I don't really see him too much in this game compared to the all the other sword units from Jugdral. Ishtar was great as well. I never did get around to building mine since I have already built up a ton of blue tome units. Sylvia with Reposition was interesting to see as well.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Julia blew up just about everything on the top and Ayra took care of everything on the bottom of the map. Nice clear! My Jugdral lineup is kind of weak so I kind of just had to bring the Reinhardts along and have them provide support for Ayra since she could handle most of the map by herself.

@Maaka Great work on the one turn clears again! I didn't have the motivation to try it for most of the maps this time, but for the Abyssal getting it done in one turn is kind of the easy way out, so I ended up doing it for that one.

@Some Jerk Very nice Jugdral units! That ninja Silvia looks especially fun, I really want to pull some copies of that sword sometime. Great clear!

@Diovani Bressan Nice clear! Fallen Julia is a very handy delete button, i probably would have brought her out as well if I didn't find a way to skip most of the map. Osian is also a surprisingly nice unit, the cool thing about the Limited format is that units like him get a chance to shine since the stuff that usually outclasses him isn't available.

@GuiltyLove That Mareeta inheritance definitely looked like it was worth it. Amazing how she's still clearly among the best sword units in the game even a year later. Nice clear!

@Landmaster Cool team, they handled it well. I was also planning to use Ishtar initially, to test out her new refine, but then I found a one turn solution and chose the easy way out. She still got to appear as movement support though. Nice to see that massive Res on Temari Lachesis as well, having a flying debuff dancer like that looks very handy. Nice clear!

I was able to find a solution pretty quickly by Vantage sweeping with Legendary Leif and cheating with Harmonized Dorothea to clear the map in one turn. Might have been able to do it without relying on the Duo skill if I gave Erinys Galeforce or something, but if I can clear an Abyssal LHB with this little effort and wothout spending a feather I'll gladly take it.

@Diovani Bressan Thanks to your clear I realized I am too afraid to let Dorothea get hit. Managed to clear after letting it go, so thank you.

All these Ayra clears is really tempting for me to build up my Ayra. Nonetheless this is surprisingly low investment for me since I don't have to refine my Lewyn or Ishtar to clear this. Dorothea Duo felt like cheating since Lene isn't the main but eh

Spoiler

VsVv7ZN.png?1

Well the Abyssal map this time sure was a pain in the ass, but part of that probably came from the fact that I insisted on beating it with this all Gen 1 ladies team. Speaking of which:

Abyssal L!Roy Clear Team

Spoiler

v5UXiQQ.png?1
Vceduvn.png?1
wwdWdHA.png?1+10
UueUn1e.png?1

And as per usual, the rest of my clear teams:

Archanea v. Alm & Faye

Spoiler

Dbn04Vt.png?1

Baby Caeda taught Faye what true love looks like.....and one-shot her exactly on Infernal.

Sacred Stones v. Bartre & Fir

Spoiler

re2dfgs.png?1

This one actually made me struggle a little (but still not as much as Abyssal Roy). Also, this might be the first time in literal years that I used Innes for anything beside HM farming.

Awakening v. Cormag

Spoiler

qiGmWjW.png?1

Much like his chances of being good in this game, Cormag sadly never stood any against my stacked Awakening lineup.

Blazing Blade v. Titania & Mist

Spoiler

lxFNgYq.png?1

Don't mind me, I'm just getting my money's worth out of Tiki & Ninian. That, and continuing to enjoy Lynja's brand of cheese.

• 4 weeks later...

Echoes vs. Kempf was rather tough due to much of the map being a huge chokepoint.
+1+0 +Spd Legendary Alm: base kit, Draw Back, Mirror Strike
+1+0 +Spd Legendary Celica: Saintly Seraphim, Draw Back, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow, Soul of Zofia, Atk/Spd Oath, Death Blow
+HP/-Def Genny: base kit, Atk +3, Atk +1
Dancer Rinea: Spd Silver Goblet+, Dance, Fireflood Dance, Hone Spd 3, Drive Def

Freyja pretty much trivializes FEH vs. Leif+Nanna.
+Res/-Def Freyja: Nightmare Horn, Reposition, Noontime, Atk/Spd Solo, Binding Necklace, Pulse Smoke, Spd/Res Solo
+1+0 +Atk Reginn: base kit, Reposition, Swift Sparrow
+Atk/-Spd Hel: Reposition

77a9617300.png

I was late on doing Kempf because I spent all day yesterday doing PSO2 things -- that, and I remembered Kempf being one of the most obnoxious GHBs in the game. My fears were founded and this took me a good hour and a half to figure out. Having Deathea kitted out was the only reason this map was remotely beatable with my Valentia barracks.

Leif and Nanna unfortunately ended up being the victims of my vented frustrations, as I couldn't arse myself to do a solo clear like I usually do and just erased them with Reginn, Hel, Duo!Líf, and V!Henriette.

Edited by Some Jerk

SoV VS anything is an instant nope from me.  Most of the available units have no synergy and/or gen 1/suck, the healers aren't f2p, the one dancer is grail-locked and the only characters I'd heavily invest into (Tobin/Gray/Kliff/Boey) are either low priority (I have enough green tome mages), again grail-locked (Tobin) or 5* exclusive (Gray/Kliff)..I'll pass.

Meanwhile now Heroes VS anything just gets Near/Far Save'd.

Edited by Sayyyaka

Fates vs. Travant is another easy fight thanks to the princesses.
+1+0 +Spd Bow Hinoka: eff. Warrior Princess, Reposition, Moonbow, Fury 3, Desperation, Goad Fliers, Atk +1
5* +Spd/-HP Camilla: eff. Camilla's Axe, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Ward Fliers
+Spd/-Def CYL Camilla: Sanngridr, Atk/Spd Push, Wrathful Staff, Savage Blow, Close Guard
+Spd/-Atk New Year's Azura: Hagoita+, Sing, Flier Formation, Hone Fliers, Fortify Def 1

8570be5340.jpg

Easy money. Other than Travant himself (who explodes to Midori's bow) and the Lance Knight, nothing threatens Midori on this map after her Brazen seal turns on.

Edited by Some Jerk