Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

@Some Jerk Wow, Zephiel. That's a rare sight nowadays. Interesting strat with leaving things alive on purpose to weaken Naga in the long term, good thinking.

@Diovani Bressan Ah yes, my favourite FE6 unit, Catria. I'm impressed you managed to fit WCecilia into a 1-turn somehow, though.

I foddered my Larum to Duo Lyn a few months ago (worth) so I had to run no dancer.

@NSSKG151 @Landmaster @Sasori @Maaka @Alexmender

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Limited Hero Abyssal map I decided to skip. I don't have many units from Binding Blade built up and Naga's map is kind of tough without a good tanking unit.

@GuiltyLove Nice clear with Roy, Igrene and guest star Catria.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice team clear. There was a lot of Brunnya action there and it was funny seeing DIeck spending most of the time with little HP.

Spoiler

rhpz0l8.png

Well, that was surprisingly painless for the most part. I suppose this somewhat validated my impromptu decision to +10 Lilina after she got her Resplendent.

Abyssal Naga Clear Team

Spoiler

Rqg3o3g.png?1+10
Y9NyxDr.png?1
XXWSbGb.png?1+10
n2tY5MV.png?1

As for the other four clears, I made it a point to use them to break in some of my more recent additions.

Jugdral vs. Iago

Spoiler

Svz9AtQ.png?1

Sara seemed like a logical enough choice for this one, and she did quite well here indeed.

Valentia vs. Tibarn & Caineghis

Spoiler

faZTOQc.png?1

Yup, bride Catria was here too because I'm a shameless simp for her.

Also, this sure was a Valentia Limited Hero Battle. Yup.

Heroes vs. Ashnard

Spoiler

jeLeIZp.png?1

While my Heroes roster is still on the bare side because of my past mistakes, I do have some pretty nice pieces to work with at this point.

Fates vs. Eirika & Innes

Spoiler

bg26Rqv.png?1

Yes, that Midori was just free pulled the other day.

Also, Forrest (Atk/Res Solo 4 and Atk/Res Menace, plus Palm Staff+ from my spare Rhys) and Hana (Distant Counter, Atk/Spd Menace) got some nice upgrades thanks to a spare fallen M!Morgan and Nott respectively. That said, it was Corrin who ended up handling most of this map.

Oh, and here's a Larum one round on Infernal Naga to leave you with because I could.

Spoiler

BRq5G9M.png

Iago - Original Reinhardt and Legendary Leif did most of the heavy lifting.  Fallen Mareeta was able to tank the blue flying mage, while running around and making life miserable for the enemies that my horse guys couldn't get to.  Lachesis danced, and her Atk Tactic was what won the map (Leif failed to secure an early kill otherwise).

Laguz kings - Valentia means I can hack out Leon, and everything dies when Leon's allowed to be fielded.  This map was no different, even with two different versions of Alm (Brave 'cause I screwed up and Valentine's) and Mae.  Brave Alm wound up tanking a certain transformed lion (I think it was Brave Alm?), which was enough for Leon to get the final kill.

Ashnard - Surtr existed, the end.

Sacred what? - This one took several retries, and I needed some serious creativity.  Kaden needed Escape Route for this to work, or he'd end up in a spot where he couldn't run.  Summer Corrin's contribution to the run was repositioning Kaden as needed.  Midori somehow tanked the blue mage, and Brave Camilla donated Atk Tactic so that Kaden could ORKO Innes.

I'll deal with Naga later.  My FE6 roster is shaky.

Sorry for the delay in posting and comments~ Actually wasn't too hard once I got a strategy rolling, despite my lack of well built units from FE6.

@Some Jerk - Not everyday we see a dancer from you that isn't disgusting~ But didn't really matter much since Klein and L!Lilina are gross enough on their own to make up for it. Zephiel's always nice to see, even if he wasn't as active as the other two. 

@GuiltyLove - Larum seems more popular than I expected, given how rare she is~ This video also having me in my feelings that I have never been able to Summon a L!Roy. But Igrene and Catria/Thea pretty much stole the show. Didn't expect you to have much trouble given how busted they are and it seems they were as monstrous as you'd expect~

@Diovani Bressan - Kind of despicable how perfect that clear ended up being, even on the Enemy Phase kill~ I'm impressed, nice work!~

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Surprised this is the first Brunnya I'm seeing, considering how popular of a project she is. Still, all these are some rarely seen units, besides Lilina. Cecilia has gotten so much better with her refine. Literally never see Dieck used so he was nice to see here~

On 6/19/2021 at 11:01 AM, NSSKG151 said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice team clear. There was a lot of Brunnya action there and it was funny seeing DIeck spending most of the time with little HP.

Dieck really surprises me with how bulky he is on EP.

10 hours ago, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Surprised this is the first Brunnya I'm seeing, considering how popular of a project she is. Still, all these are some rarely seen units, besides Lilina. Cecilia has gotten so much better with her refine. Literally never see Dieck used so he was nice to see here~

I guess Brunnya is a relatively not as good in PvE compared to some other options. She's got a good mix of bulk and firepower, but not really enough of either on her own sometimes.

I wish I had a Guinivere still, she does so well. Also, your video reminded me that Sophia didn't get Apocalypse, which disappointed me. Would've been cool to have the Apocalypse and Aureola users fight together like this.

• 3 weeks later...

...I take it from the lack of action in the thread today that no one thought Gangrel was worth talking about, on account of the barracks selection being Three Houses.

Honestly, I don't blame anyone. 3H clears peaked when people were soloing Abyssal Yune, and even more powercrept units from 3H have been released since then. I weep to think of how many people cleared by just picking Edgelord and pressing Auto-Battle.

As for me: my L!Dimitri from Abyssal Yune was still around, so Gangrel went how you'd expect. He almost fully Auto-Battled it without a Sacred Seal, if it weren't for the Axe Dragon killing him right at the end. Slapping on Atk/Def Solo fixed it.

Edited by Some Jerk

7 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

...I take it from the lack of action in the thread today that no one thought Gangrel was worth talking about, on account of the barracks selection being Three Houses.

Honestly, I don't blame anyone. 3H clears peaked when people were soloing Abyssal Yune, and even more powercrept units from 3H have been released since then. I weep to think of how many people cleared by just picking Edgelord and pressing Auto-Battle.

As for me: my L!Dimitri from Abyssal Yune was still around, so Gangrel went how you'd expect. He almost fully Auto-Battled it without a Sacred Seal, if it weren't for the Axe Dragon killing him right at the end. Slapping on Atk/Def Solo fixed it.

I was just too lazy. The 3H units are quite powerful and I usually don't record Infernal clears. My team was just fliers, as usual, with Summer Byleth, Summer Ingrid, Brave Claude, and Seteth. 

It looks like today is Fae and Idunn's battle. I'll try it later.

Fuck you Legendary Eliwood map. Also, is it just me or are there very few "strong" Awakening units? I think my best Awakening unit is fallen m!Morgan (who is also -atk).

Somehow managed to eke out a win on this abyssal map though. Used Brady with Gravity+ and Physic+ and Heavenly Light, fallen m!Morgan with base kit and mirror stance 2 seal, legendary Grima with drag back and sturdy stance 2 seal and swap (she's also -atk) and Olivia with wings of mercy. But yeah, Grima's skill refine gave her quite a new boost of life, she tanked a lot more stuff than I thought she would. And I hadn't even refined her weapon either.

Edited by Sunwoo

Stick to your generic dragon final boss, boy.

Yes, I remember this map being a nightmare. Also yes, F!Grima destroys it with her remix so hard that it can be Auto-Battled with a highly-invested one. Dragonskin II's Dull All effect completely neutralizes Bonus Doubler, and the in-combat stats make F!Grima so tanky that the only real threat is Eliwood's pre-charged Blazing Flame. Once I slotted in Dragon Wall and picked the right starting position, this map became a joke.

Edited by Some Jerk

I remember this map being hard if you didn't get rid of Eliwood or the blue dragon on the first turn. Thankfully it's Awakening units this time and I have plenty of characters from that game built up so this map was easy for me. Was even able to clear it in one turn after giving Anna a Ridersbane since it was the only way to one shot the axe cav.

@Some Jerk I definitely need that kind of investment in my Grima... Quite impressive. IS must have planned out the Limited Hero Battle to coincide with Grima's remix because the Dull effect hard counters Bonus Doubler.

@NSSKG151 I knew it wouldn't be too hard with that amazing Anna! Nice to see Rein skills on the launch units too.

I wouldn't say this was that easy for me, but it was definitely easier than I expected because Eliwood's map was a nightmare for me in the past. Moreover, I didn't have many good Awakening units for a while, so previous maps like Lucina's map were difficult. Luckily the Grima remix and refine made this much easier. I've been saving orbs for about 1.5 months but I may pull on the legendary remix banner for a Grima merge just because I have wanted to merge her for a while. 

@Unknown Gamer11 @Landmaster @XRay @BoaFerox @LoneStar @Diovani Bressan @daisy jane @Flying Shogi

@Some Jerk With the Refinement and the Remix, Legendary Robin (aka Grima) became a very good unit. be able to easily have +10 to all stats improved her a lot, and it is VERY clear on your video. She jsut destroyed every last one of them. Bonus Doubler status effect? Very funny. Nice job! I expected a 4 Olivias clear from you, but I will accept the Auto-Battle Grima one instead.

@GuiltyLove  Your Grima also did a great job. With the help with Aversa, both managed to contain the left side very well until it started to become a little too chaotic. But then, Nowi and Olivia joined the party. Nice clear.

After CYL, I will save for Gunnthrá in Novermber... Maybe I can get some Grima's merges there as well. Mine is +3.

My video has a similar roster to GuiltyLove's. Our videos share 2 units (Aversa and Nowi). Almost 3, but I used a different version of Olivia. Meanwhile, I used Grima's own child in her place.

@BoaFerox @Maaka @daisy jane @Landmaster @mcsilas

I also remember having a tough time at first in this map, back in June 2019. But I was very proud of how I did this map back then.

Here's my original clear, from 2019, in the spoilers tab below.

Spoiler

If you're giving me Awakening, it's pretty free for the Nowis~

Believe it or not, I didn't have Gerome until now. I bought him because his refine looked cool and decided to take him for a spin here with best evil son.

Nowi actually couldn't tank Eliwood's Special so I had to give her 10 Dragonflowers and SS for her to survive the hit~ He was pretty much the toughest thing here.

@Some Jerk - I wasn't surprised you went for an F!Grima solo. I WAS surprised she auto-battled her way to victory. That remix did wonders for her.

@NSSKG151 - Nice one turn! I figured you wouldn't have trouble with A!Anna being allowed on this map~

@GuiltyLove - More Grima refine fun, I need more dew to feed it to mine. Also happy to see Nowi, too! Not as many in combat numbers as Grima, but still a great tank for this one.

@Diovani Bressan - Best evil son and Nowi, amazing taste as always~ Except your lack of accessories, this is a crime.

After looking over these clears, it's becoming increasingly obvious that completing the Abyssal map is impossible for me with my current roster.

1. I don't have Legendary Grima. Male Grima meanwhile is too frail to handle the map even with refined Expiration (he's +Def/-Spd, +0+0).
2. I haven't built any of the manaketes beforehand (I am likely one of the very few players who never built Nowi in 2017-2018). I merged up adult Tiki to +9 but her performance was a miserable struggle on Infernal difficulty.
3. Pretty much my only powerhouse unit, Cordelia, needs to have enough Atk to ORKO the sword fighter if she doesn't want to be OHKO'd on retaliation. Even then, the map is flooded with cavalry and ranged units so her mobility advantage is largely nullified.
4. Tried using Panic Staff+ Maribelle but I can't get the AI to move in such a way I wanted (melee units kept breaking the walls, etc.)

@Diovani Bressan Nice clear! The old clear reminded me of how I beat Legendary Azura for the first time, which was just using two Eirs and a Surtr 😛 I also brought Est along to kill some armors

@Landmaster Yay Nowi! I don't like to gamble for seasonals very much anymore so I don't have the witch one. Sadly, I foddered my first Nowi for Hone Fliers a long time ago... I would have loved to use her refine. Male Morgan is quite amazing. I have one but he's -Atk.

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

After looking over these clears, it's becoming increasingly obvious that completing the Abyssal map is impossible for me with my current roster.

1. I don't have Legendary Grima. Male Grima meanwhile is too frail to handle the map even with refined Expiration (he's +Def/-Spd, +0+0).
2. I haven't built any of the manaketes beforehand (I am likely one of the very few players who never built Nowi in 2017-2018). I merged up adult Tiki to +9 but her performance was a miserable struggle on Infernal difficulty.
3. Pretty much my only powerhouse unit, Cordelia, needs to have enough Atk to ORKO the sword fighter if she doesn't want to be OHKO'd on retaliation. Even then, the map is flooded with cavalry and ranged units so her mobility advantage is largely nullified.
4. Tried using Panic Staff+ Maribelle but I can't get the AI to move in such a way I wanted (melee units kept breaking the walls, etc.)

@Roflolxp54 I found this 1-turn guide for Abyssal Eliwood. If you have Naga, maybe this could work for you?

@GuiltyLove Grima looks fun with her new refinements. I actually updated mine recently but I haven't really used her yet with anything. Great clear!

@Landmaster Great clear with Nowi and the kids. Nice to see OG Nowi still holds up well. Evil Morgan seems to just shrug everything off.

ZJJXPJZ.png

Well, this one fell to ruin in hurry. Poor Eliwood ended up being one of the easiest Limited Hero Battles in quite a while.

Clear Team

Spoiler

jdVifsI.pngMerge Level: +3
DAt2y0w.png
kJhWL9W.png
1GrCMxq.png

Essentially, F!Grima took out the left side while her son handled the right. Man, were they both ridiculous. Halloween F!Grima and F!Morgan mostly just spectated (though the former did provide support for F!Grima). 

Three Houses vs. Gangrel Clear Team

Spoiler

XEzpmDQ.png

Why yes, I did go with an actual theme team (Summer Lions) instead of just the usual "unga bunga, F!Edelgard" route. Sometimes even I surprise myself.

Tellius vs. Fae & Idunn Clear Team

Spoiler

JXR6Daq.png

Those poor durgun girls never stood a chance against this much firepower. Micaiah even one-shot Idunn on Infernal.

Archanea vs. Eremiya Clear Team

Spoiler

LDSPZzA.png

Pretty much my standard Archanea team, except now I have two pseudo-dancers. Eat your heart out, Phina.

Sacred Stones vs. Sigurd & Lewyn Clear Team

Spoiler

5HctaS7.png

I wasted no time in putting Mr. Demon King to work, and he served me well by tanking Lewyn and the archer. Also, having Candy Cane+ on Tana finally paid off as it blocked Sigurd from using Miracle.

@Some Jerk At least Eliwood managed to dent Grima, but she got most of her health back by the end of the turn. RIP.

@NSSKG151 Nice one turn. Somehow, I completely forgot to even try Cordy for my own clear. It's been a while since I've used her, sadly. Still can't pull Dive Bomb.

@Diovani Bressan Cool Nowi. I gave my own a few tries, but mine's build is really Def leaning, which ended up biting me in this map. FMMorgan broke as usual.

@Landmaster HNowi looks so fun. Wish I had one of her. I'm honestly a little bit surprised you didn't have a fancier Nowi build, but I guess she's only an honorary Elise.

Was really busy earlier in the month, now I have a small window of breathing room, but it's probably back to the grind in a day or two.