Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

@NSSKG151 your Micaiah is quite merged up for someone who isn't invested in that series

Black Knight really obliterated everyone he fought. Nice!

Would you believe me if I said that four of those merges were just off of free summons? For that matter I have gotten all versions of Micaiah except her Legendary alt off of free summons.

@Landmaster I wish I had all Micaiahs. I don't have summer and legendary, and the two of them sure showed up to work in your clear. I wonder if LMicaiah would've been able to double and kill Celica using her built-in Desp.

@NSSKG151 Huh, +10 Black Knight. Don't see a lot of those anymore. I've been thinking about giving Special Fighter to my Zelgius for a while now, but not sure if I want to since I give up DC fodder at the same time. Anyway, nothing a quick Black Luna couldn't solve when it comes to Celica.

Funny to see everyone so far agreeing that Altina and WAltina are to be shelved for these vids.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@GuiltyLove Nice clears, and cool Forma Ashnard. I used a Soul on him too but I wasn't able to get Atk/Def Rein sadly so I'm still hoping I can get fodder for that. I didn't really use him for this LHB but he seems great. And Shinon is a fantastic unit of course.

@Landmaster Nice Micaiah emblem! I almost used this team for the lower difficulties but then I ended up putting in Brave Ike to avoid thinking as much lol

This was not a very hard map to clear in one turn, since it has a unit within a cavalry unit's range. My Tellius roster is also pretty well equipped with Galeforce units, so this was definitely a very simple affair compared to Altina's map with Echoes units. New Year Lyre is a very nice addition to this roster, amazing Galeforce unit.

@NSSKG151 - Black Luna is still devastating even in 2022. Looked like an easy clear for your Micaiahs, as well.

@SatsumaFSoysoy - L!Celica has NFU so unfortunately she would have killed L!Micaiah on the counterattack~ Fortunately, HS!Micaiah was there to eat through her damage with TA.

Nice work with Mia, she's a great unit to have on a map like this with lots of ranged units that could counterattack her without having to worry about actual dying from the damage. Sanaki is a unit I like using often, but it's unfortunate her refine was so early that it isn't all that great. Not that it holds her back in this clear.

@MagicCanonBalls - Cool Nailah, her refine has a lot of effects I didn't really realize it had. Made her dominate this map pretty heavily. 

@BoaFerox -  Great job on the one turn! NY!Lyre is really fun, she shined here even at pretty low investment~ Fortunately Tellius has good units for Galeforcing and Dancing. 

Legendary Three Houses vs. Osian & Tanya

Thought about making a video, but didn't feel like uploading. Mostly, this was me testing out the LFByleth I got when going for Lif. I could've played this just about any way I wanted, and I' did a lot of similar things in clears before: all the houses including the wolves, the church, Dimitri and Edelgard Emblem, just killing every last one of them with a solo Dimitri, etc. And hey, with the three lords lego plus her, that's a Heart Legendary away from summoning Captain Planet.

I sniped the first guy near Tanya with LClaude and did some repoing. LEdelgard was near the right side, and LFByleth drawing back LDimitri after he repoed LClaude put her near. On the next turn, Dimitri and Claude killed Tanya and the red idiot. Edelgard went for Osian, and due to Byleth the guard effect did nothing. Took her two moves to kill him after which Galeforce went off. Byleth killed the sword guy, and Edelgard had exactly enough Atk to kill the lance guy.

---

Path of Radiant Dawn vs. Abyssal Celica

I was thinking of how to approach this, then I quickly realized I could just do this thanks to Santina/BMiccy. Nothing fancy, but damned if it isn't effective. Regular 'ol Miccy takes care of the first armor. I could've used any dancer of mine, and I arbitraily decided on DNeph. I don't think I needed Infantry Rush, but it was piling on. The only real tweak I needed was Guard on Santina - this stops Celica's Miracle (I couldn't one-shot without a charged special), and I didn't need Null-C here.

Osian & Tanya: Edgelord auto-battle solo. Really wasn't feeling arsed.
Arete: Larum solo. Was feeling much more arsed. (Here's a video!)

Celica:

Ruler vs ruler.

@BoaFerox @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 @Maaka @GuiltyLove @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @daisy jane

Add me to the group of people decided using Altina would be too easy (along with Satsuma deciding her descendant was superior). I also had Forma Naesala kicking around for a while, so I used this as an excuse to unzip my Grail storage and +10 him.

Only hang-up I had was getting someone to survive a shot from Celica. Once Sanaki was free to counterattack and remove the Miracle, everything after Turn 2 was a meat grinder in the player's favor.

@Some Jerk Nice clear! That was a pretty interesting way to deal with Celica as soon as possible. Micaiah surviving the Sword Fighter's attack with 1 HP as pretty cool too! Once the main threat was eliminated, the group just needed to clear the remains.

@GuiltyLove Nice clear! I liked the units choice here. I liked Yune since she released in FEH, and I wish she was an Offensive Mythic instead of a Defensive one because she is a pretty nice unit. I hope her Remix and Refinement later this year helps her.

Not sure how I missed these two Altina clears, sorry about that!

@GuiltyLove - Echoes Whitewings and Zeke. E!Catria ignoring the weapon triangle is even more terrifying when she's getting a few double attack. Zeke is such a tanky beast, I knew it was only going to get worse for the enemies when I saw Mystic Boost slowly healing him back up. Though he hardly needed it with all those 0X2s.

@SatsumaFSoysoy - That was a great fight from the Celicas ft. Faye. F!Celica is clearly able to hold her own in the age of B!Celica's busted refine. Speaking of, the fact that B!Celica could tank Altina was unexpected, though from your Celica, I probably should have known she could do it. And Faye of course played her part, as well, but probably not enough to win Alm over. Nice work!

@Some Jerk - Very brave way of tackling this map. I had no idea what you were going for on that second turn but it worked out in your favor from there until the end. That takes a lot of guts to even attempt, great work with the risky plays here!

Edited by Landmaster

• 4 weeks later...

The LHBs so far:
Archanea vs. Pelleas: Legendary Marth, Legendary Tiki, Halloween Tiki, and Phina
Sacred Stones vs. Veronica+Loki: Winter Lysithea, Duo Ephraim, Duessel, and Fallen Lyon
Awakening vs. Aelfric: FRobin, Summer Cordelia, Olivia, and Bride Cordelia

Awakening vs. Aelfric is by far the most difficult fight so far thanks to all 4 units being spread out and the enemy units having overlapping attack ranges, not to mention trenches slowing horse units and Awakening units generally not being the strongest (especially if you don't have stuff like Legendary Robin, Valentine's 2022 units, etc.).

Also had to adjust according to difficulty (what works on Infernal difficulty may not necessarily work on lower difficulties). I pretty much relied on using FRobin as a WoM beacon.

Pelleas. Back in the day when Swift Sparrow 2 is considered premium and I gave it to Roderick thinking I was gonna use him for a very long time; I thought I could make Athena works in Arena, now I barely use them. Talk about bad decisions and terrible vision. Cain did put in a lot of work in AA as brave sword cavalry, and helped me clear a bunch of early PvE maps.

Spoiler

Lif. This is easier than I thought, but kudos for being the map that forced me to give Fallen Julia a movement assist skill after all these years. And I gave Altena Ignis because I forgot flier can't use steady breath seal.

Spoiler

Blazing Blade vs. Seliph+Deirdre: Lyn, Ninja Lyn, Halloween Tiki, Bride Lyn
Jugdral vs. Lif: Arden, Reinhardt, Nanna, Dancer Sigurd

Lif took me several tries since much of it was figuring out how to get through the later phases. It ended up boiling down to Nanna hitting Gravity + Savage Blow 6 and forcing the later troubadour to Restoring somebody while moving away from my units as well has having Nanna top off my units' HP.

Pelleas: Caeda and Mininerva duo. Couldn't do a solo because of Fatal Smoke, fuck that Sword Fighter.
Veronica & Loki: H!L'Arachel, W!Eirika, Seth, H!Myrrh. I probably could've done an H!Myrrh solo, but I didn't want to mess around with the healers.
Aelfric: F!Grima solo and Nowi solo. Nowi required some thinking, but F!Grima just auto-battled.
Seliph & Deirdre: Lyn, Eliwood, B!Hector. Was too lazy to use an axe Hector instead.

Líf: Remember when he was scary?

Really not much to say about this one. I was dreading Líf at first... and then I realized the barracks selection was Jugdral. This was not a close fight.

Edited by Some Jerk

@Some Jerk I had the opposite problem. My Jugdral units were generally sparse and not strong enough. Silvia seemed to be the MVP as always.

This took me a while because I hardly had any Jugdral units built. A +1 Mareeta can't hold her own anymore 😞 Fallen Julia is now my best friend. I couldn't actually beat Lif without Altena's help.

Archanea vs. Pelleas

Spoiler

aVJ10fH.png

I didn't feel like using Caeda & Plumeria, Y!Tiki & Ninian and baby Merric this time.

Also, fuck Miracle.

Sacred Stones vs. Veronica & Loki

Spoiler

1bUBa82.png

I would've used Valter if I invested in his refine, but I haven't. Orson still fit the Legion of Evil theme anyways.

Awakening vs. Garreg Mach's Biggest Simp (and that's saying something)

Spoiler

fmG18U3.png

Not going to lie, this map was a piece of shit and gave me more grief than Lif.........when I used the above team. Then after the fact, I saw Some Jerk's post and tried soloing this with my Nowi.

She destroyed it effortlessly. 

EVSn64y.png

And yes, it was very satisfying.

Blazing Blade vs. Seliph & Deirdre

Spoiler

4vEqXLR.png

Yes, both Formas have Save skills. And they worked pretty well here.

Jugdral vs. Lif

Spoiler

Ud8vECf.png13R1K9a.pngkBsbULS.pngDagEm29.png

Yeah, this one was pretty easy with this lineup. It's amazing how well Fallen Julia still holds up.

Also, Lex was able to delete Lunatic Lif with a Bonfire proc. That was kinda funny.

I didn't get a chance to render this yesterday, but here's the clear.

Sorry about all the cuts and pauses. I cleared this map 3 times Friday night and every single time was different because I could never remember the order that I did things. I think I somehow ended up recording the most underwhelming of the three clears but a win is a win~

@Some Jerk - Figured you'd have no problems with Silvia and Eldigan on the squad. That was a hilarious flex build on Lex~

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Those two new Resplendent ladies did great on this map and Mareeta is still such a strong unit~ But Dancer Lachesis was clearly the carry because best girl~

@GuiltyLove - Nice! Nothing can really withstand F!Julia. DC Vantage Ares is such a staple from the good old days of the game. It's nice to see him still holding his own~

From memory:

Pelleas - Brave Marth was pretty funny here, but the real star of the show was Legendary Tiki.  Phina danced, and Sedgar managed to score a kill.

Veronica & Pal - Brave Eirika and Duo Lysithea ran over the map.  Summer Selena and Lyon were there to reposition them.

Aelfric - I had to think a little for him, and that's saying something.  Completely retooled Christmas Lissa's kit so she could counter from range, double, and deal enough damage to take out the blue mage while putting a giant dent in the bow thing.  Duo Chrom took out the title guy, WoM flying Olivia danced him so he could murder something else, Lissa got rid of the bow thing (I think), and that was that.  Female Grima read a book.

Mother and son - Brave Eliwood's buffing was clutch, as it allowed Rath to tank the red mage.  Duo Lyn flew around and eliminated stragglers, and Erk cleaned up after them.

Lif - Duo Leif did a lot of heavy lifting here.  Dancing Lachesis got a counterkill on a blue mage, Sigurd did Sigurd things, and thanks to Duo Leif's skill, Travant was able to deal with the boss.  Didn't have time to test this team on Abyssal, but it got me through Infernal.  Travant might've needed a bit more oomph there to ORKO Lif.

Edited by eclipse
I remembered the final unit!

On 2/21/2022 at 11:41 AM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Those two new Resplendent ladies did great on this map and Mareeta is still such a strong unit~ But Dancer Lachesis was clearly the carry because best girl~

Her Def Cantrip was actually important at at least one point, so she kinda did carry.

Leif vs Lif, huh? He didn't actually get to touch Lif, but just had to leave it to the great one from the past.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure this clear was a surprise to no one~

I honestly underestimated B!Dimitri and L!Dimitri. I expected to have more trouble with this one (I know it's an old map, but still), but they beat Abyssal on their first go. This isn't the original clear because I always forget something but it played out very similarly to this.