Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

Riev - Sigurd (I think the original one), Eldigan (dancer), Arthur, and Duo Leif had a field day with this one.  Once I figured out how to position everyone, that is.  Duo Leif did most of the work, while Arthur facetanked something and lived (not Riev, obviously).  Arthur had a -blade tome because I am a horrible person.

Twin maids - Not using Leon would've been a crime, so he was on the team.  Also had Duo Alm, Zeke, and Palla.  Thanks to Palla having Canto, I was able to have Leon snipe the axe guy and get her out of the way.  Everything else fell into place.

Mila - New Year's Fafnir, freebie Peony, Duo Caeda, and Ash made short work of this on Infernal.  Ash can tank Mila, while Fafnir and Duo Caeda sniped things and got out of the way.  Peony was there for offensive boosting and extreme Ash positioning shenanigans.  Not sure if I can pull the same nonsense on Abyssal, nor do I have the time.

Best antagonist and little sister - Corrin.  Just Corrin.  As in, Yato Corrin, Swimsuit Corrin, Duo Corrin, and Who Though Hama Ya Was A Good Idea? Corrin.  Duo Corrin did most of the work here by murdering most of the map.  Swimsuit Corrin was used for repositioning as well as punishing those mages.  She can't quite OHKO, but Flora Guide+ and Spd/Res Rein helped to slow them down.  Yato Corrin tanked one red mage while Freebie Corrin managed to survive the Brave Axe enemy.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that my Orb balance is still negative, I think I got the most based free summon of all time~

I still think she should have been Green but being Red worked out here better than Green would have~

Tried to keep use of the cheating unit to just giving us doubles. I had been using W!Fae but her lack of speed started to become too cumbersome~

@GuiltyLove - Nice near Igrene solo. She's not seen as often as when she was added, but she can still shred through maps like this without much issue. I assumed Idunn was going to be here to Save or something but looks like that wasn't necessary.

Yes, I waited until I could get Bridal Larum levelled before doing this map.

I'm incredibly happy that Bridal Larum didn't end up as the same kind of Def-heavy flier as Balldigan, because it means I can finally build a flying dancer like this. (Though it does make Bridal Sunflower seem a bit pointless for Bridal Larum herself...) I wasn't sure how well Heavy Blade was going to work on a unit with such low Atk, but it's what I have to work with since fliers can't learn Flashing Blade (and it was in the P!Tibarn manual I fed her for Dive-Bomb). But with some careful target selection, she managed to handle the Abyssal map just fine. She'll improve with merges and maybe a floret.

@GuiltyLove Decided against recording the Mila clear because Muspell and Nifl are goddamn busted, but not busted enough that they could duo the map, so I didn't feel it was interesting enough to bother.

I like to take out every reinforcement but that would be too inhumane in this map.

Spoiler

Without Bridal Larum I probably would just give up on clearing this map. Not only is she a dancer but also comes with Guidance 3 which saves a lot of time from grinding SP. Nice to see Dieck getting some action here.

Spoiler

@Landmaster Nice Sophia team. I kind of wish she is colorless instead. 

@GuiltyLove Igrene puts in a lot of work here. I bring in A!Idunn just deal with L!Sigurd too.

@Some Jerk That was really fast of you to build a Bridal Larum like that, with max SP too.

My Binding Blade rosted became quite stronge in the past months, so I had no problems with this last map.

@GuiltyLove We had quite similar roster for our clears, I see. You did a nice job!

@Landmaster Nice clear. The Sophias with Triangle Attack effect did well there, and the Harmonized Skill was very useful in the end.

@Some Jerk Nice to see that you got another dancer to play with. I can't wait to see her done in some months. Great clear too, I can see the Harmonized Skill was also well used here.

@Diovani Bressan Damn, Nott really managed to ORKO Mila like that. That's crazy. Ninja Igrene is also quite the carry, swoocing around. Looks like fun.

@Landmaster The Freyjas did well controlling the left side, thought it got close. Crazy how Nott can just stand in there and not die. Nice Bride Sophia too, I sort of wanted her but I decided to just dip after getting Cecilia. The other Sophias are quite powerful too, of course.

@Some Jerk You think Eldigan might get replaced by Bride Larum?

Just slapped mine into one vid. Took a while because I didn't have time earlier.

Ended up taking the time to do a one turn clear of them all this time around.

Riev: Pretty easy thanks to having the longest range Galeforce unit and the longest range Dancer on my side. Also a rare English video from me, recorded the first two clears on a day where I had switched to check out some voice clips.

Spoiler

Flora & Felicia: Got to use my new Forma Catria here, though I don't think she actually needed any of the stuff she got from there that much. 

Spoiler

Mila: Probably the hardest one for me, if I ignore the fact that the Seliph clear was all enemy phase and I probably can't do a player phase clear for that one. Heroes has a really strong roster in general, and a lot of units I already had given Galeforce to, so at least I had a lot of tools at my disposal. Had to give Wings of Mercy to Laevatein and Thorr though, but that was a worthy investment which will come in handy in the future as well.

Spoiler

Ylgr & Helbindi: Probably the easiest one overall, Helbindi made it very easy to get into WoM range and my Fates roster is good on Galeforcers.

Spoiler

Seliph: My Binding Blade roster is probably one of my weakest ones in terms of tools for one turning maps, and I don't think I actually have the tools to do a player phase clear of this one without heavily investing in something like my -Atk Perceval... And I don't really have the resources to waste on that when it would only really see use for Limited content like this. Luckily, this map is famously easy to just wipe in one enemy phase though, so that's what I did after some failed experimentation with player phasing, and getting reminded that enemy phase exists.

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

@MagicCanonBalls Young Merric is so useful with that Prf! Nice clear. Phina took a big hit but still survived.

I was planning on letting the Whitewings take a break, but I still used the Spring versions of Palla and Catria. The Tellius clear was rather difficult because of Annette's Prf. The men could have killed everything themselves but I let Elincia get a kill at the end.

Gonzales: Edgelord solo. Nothing here threatens the god-tier 3H units.
Mercedes & Annette (Video!) : Ashnard solo. This had me pulling my hair out for a while because Ashnard kept getting exact damage memed... until I saw that I somehow never gave him any Dragonflowers. That fixed things real quick.
Hel: Phina, L!Marth, L!Tiki, Y!Minerva. Same as it ever was, but this map felt uninteresting to me since L!Marth did most of the work with his cracked-ass remix. Phina wasn't much good here since there are hardly any Armors/Cavs.
Palla & Catria: H!L'Arachel solo. Another stat check that ended up corrected by Dragonflowers, mostly because she needed Atk/Def Solo instead of Atk/Spd Solo to tank some hits from Catria.

Corrin (Video!) :
ae3e9150c8.gif

Edited by Some Jerk

I merged Yen'fay to +8 for this. I was planning on doing it anyway, so I figured that I might as well do it for an Abyssal map. I really want to get Grima to +10. I foddered another Ronan; this time Nowi got his skills, so she has the same build as Camus. It took me until 2022 to update her 2017 kit...

@Some Jerk Impressive solos. My Ashnard has similar skills, but I can't seem to get him to kill things often on Abyssal maps. I should start using his Stance 3 skill again.

That Grima video is what I want my Grima to do. Just need five more merges and Dragon Wall!

Figured I'd just post both Abyssals together~ Neither were all that hard~

The Nowi team is a reference to the fact that I always married Nowi and Gaius in Awakening.

@GuiltyLove -  Nice work on the Archanea clear. I'm not surprised at how good Camus is on maps like these with a lot of tanking. But everyone pretty much contributed equally here.

Nice, giving Nowi the build she deserves! Yen'fay is such a durable unit, he took care of most of this map all on his own.

Legendary female Corrin ... was legit awful! My Awakening roster is also not very good, so it was especially a pain. But I did somehow beat it on my own. Legendary Lucina and her existent speed stat was the key here, Legendary Chrom couldn't keep up and got doubled by everything. I also had to give Spring Selena miracle so she could bring down f!Corrin's HP to a low enough point where fallen male Morgan could blow her up, while not completely dying in the process because fuck Negating Fang.

Hel in contrast wasn't nearly as obnoxious, but my Archanea roster is stronger. Brave Marth, Harmonic Caeda, Harmonic Tiki, and Phina stomped.

Gonzales - It was the first-year Brave squad, except Claude had other things to do so Dorothea took his place.  It really wasn't fair.
Mercedes/Annette - Brave Ike tanked far too many things.  Had to slap Res Ploy on Ashera so Mercedes would harass Ninja Shinon.  Micaiah was surprisingly not dead weight with Drive Atk.
Hel - Brave Marth, Legendary Caeda, Sedgar, and Wolf were able to get through this pretty quickly.  Most of which was Caeda getting everyone out of the way.
Palla/Catria - Brave Ephraim used Halloween Myrrh as a buffbot of sorts.  Brave Eirika is still busted.  So is Harmonic Lysithea.  Took me a couple of tries to figure out how to position everyone.  Overall more of a pain than it should've been.
Corrin - I'm still trying to puzzle this out.  Still not sure if Masked Marth or Duo Chrom would be better in the red slot - or who to run in the rest of the slots.  Awakening is my second-worst series (Binding Blade takes the cake).

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Gonzales - It was the first-year Brave squad, except Claude had other things to do so Dorothea took his place.  It really wasn't fair.
Mercedes/Annette - Brave Ike tanked far too many things.  Had to slap Res Ploy on Ashera so Mercedes would harass Ninja Shinon.  Micaiah was surprisingly not dead weight with Drive Atk.
Hel - Brave Marth, Legendary Caeda, Sedgar, and Wolf were able to get through this pretty quickly.  Most of which was Caeda getting everyone out of the way.
Palla/Catria - Brave Ephraim used Halloween Myrrh as a buffbot of sorts.  Brave Eirika is still busted.  So is Harmonic Lysithea.  Took me a couple of tries to figure out how to position everyone.  Overall more of a pain than it should've been.
Corrin - I'm still trying to puzzle this out.  Still not sure if Masked Marth or Duo Chrom would be better in the red slot - or who to run in the rest of the slots.  Awakening is my second-worst series (Binding Blade takes the cake).

I tried using Duo Chrom vs Corrin, but he wasn't as useful for me because he can't kill the blue enemies and loses to Corrin. He deals with the armored unit well, but that was essentially it. You might have better success with him. Maybe Masked Marth could be better so that she could beat Corrin.

@GuiltyLove Camus is surprisingly tanky against res-targeting foe, surviving both green mage and Hel. Good clear on L!Corrin too. 

@Landmaster Jealous of both of your Kris. Still no Male Kris for me and at this point I am done throwing orbs at him. 

Awakening map isn't really a problem for other than lack of good dancer but Priam and Chrom pulled through. 

Spoiler

On 6/19/2022 at 4:43 AM, GuiltyLove said:

I tried using Duo Chrom vs Corrin, but he wasn't as useful for me because he can't kill the blue enemies and loses to Corrin. He deals with the armored unit well, but that was essentially it. You might have better success with him. Maybe Masked Marth could be better so that she could beat Corrin.

Managed it with Masked Marth, because she could also tank the Brave Axe cavalier.  Final team was Masked Marth +10 (and she really needed all those merges), Summer Cordelia from Hall of Forms (this gave her canto among other ridiculous things), Halloween F!Grima, and colorless Olivia.  Didn't bother with Abyssal due to time constraints, and not sure if this team could've pulled it off.  Cordelia was able to ORKO Corrin on Infernal thanks to a Ninja Yari and Ruptured Sky.

@GuiltyLove Lots of nice teams, I enjoyed the use of bearded Myrrh in the Palla & Catria one lol

@Landmaster That Nowi-Gaius family clear was really nice! Some well built units you have here.

One turned only the Abyssals and the Sacred Stones LHBs this time around. Much easier than last time since I have more options from these games.

Hel got beat by three Caedas and Spring Minerva. Young Caeda got good use out of the stuff she picked up in HoF which was nice.

This was just the usual stuff for me. I think back on my original clear of this I brought Valentian Palla as the guest, so this time Marisa took over. Otherwise it's not too different I think.

Corrin was a bit tricky to deal with, had to give Walhart Guard to get a good opening against her. Once that was done everything else went pretty smoothly though.

@Landmaster That's a cool Archanea team. Wish I got LCaeda myself. Was a close call there with MKris, luckily the AI is dumb.

Nice Nowi family team too. I was wondering if duo Myrrh was going to be there, but guess she's not needed. The bottom was looking a bit scary for a second there.

@Some Jerk Not surprised but still impressed @ the Corrin clear.

@BoaFerox All the Caedas, and also Minerva. I was wondering if this was going to involve EPing with baby Caeda, but quads work too.

I'm surprised Marisa had to actually do something despite the Tanaforce. I want some Spd Smoke fodder too.

Walhart doubling LCorrin is quite something. Maybe I will get to merging him someday.