Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

@Diovani Bressan Wow! Shez survived with 1 HP and swept the other units. I actually tried female Shez for this map, but couldn't get her to kill things. She has Atk/Spd Ideal, Spurn, and Joint Drive Atk... Maybe I just need to strategize better so I can use her in Abyssal maps more. 

Claude's damage reduction really came in handy! 

Halloween Corrin was so powerful. It's funny seeing Azura actually kill something.

I like Ryoma's refine, but I really can't afford to pull more merges on him yet... There was a leaked picture of Echoes Palla returning soon, and I want to get her to +10 if possible. Of course, there's also the spring Whitewings...

I might see if I want to redeem a Brave Claude forma. I don't have good skills for him, which is why his skills are a bit weird. I am also tempted to use my Forma on Edelgard instead because she's still +Spd lol and with her base kit.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cervantes was soloed with Deathea, and Hapi & Constance were soloed with Ganglöt.

I... probably won't be doing the rest. I'm still having too much fun with Engage, I've already got enough Divine Codes for two more entire rows, and Thorr & Eitri and Byleth aren't the sort of maps I can do fun clears on. My motivation for them is pretty much zero.

Hello, I have never played 3 Hopes, but I'm just gonna say that m!Shez and Arval > Legendary f!Byleth, apparently. Even on abyssal Arrival just tanked Byleth right on turn 1. (Or at least I think it was turn 1, kind of had other more important things on my mind while I was clearing the map.) Fallen Edelgard and Brave Claude helped too, I guess.

Fallen Edelgard soloed this map despite it being seemingly engineered to deal with her by having multiple instances of Fatal Smoke and Guard status infliction. Hitting auto didn't quite work this time, but with some piloting for smart movement she still pulls it off. I know for a fact I did it a different way the first time, since I'm sure I didn't abuse the AI's Canto usage originally, but I forgot how I did that solution.

4 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

Fallen Edelgard soloed this map despite it being seemingly engineered to deal with her by having multiple instances of Fatal Smoke and Guard status infliction. Hitting auto didn't quite work this time, but with some piloting for smart movement she still pulls it off. I know for a fact I did it a different way the first time, since I'm sure I didn't abuse the AI's Canto usage originally, but I forgot how I did that solution.

you must be the only smart Fallen Edelgard user in the entire game

I'm glad you survived despite all the Fatal Smoke!

• 4 weeks later...

Back on my bullshit.

NnfpPS1.jpg

Matthis: For some reason I misremembered him as a Sword Cav. When I realized I was wrong, Black Knoel crushed him.

Basilio & Flavia: This one was frustrating until I realized that I'd probably never be getting rid of my Gotoh, so I gave him Close Foil and he then solved the map handily.

Elimine: Young Lyon continues to be an underrated tank. For a moment I thought I wouldn't be able to clear because he couldn't kill the Res-inflated Axe Knight due to color disadvantage, but eventually I realized he was receiving buffs from Elimine. Once she died, the Knight followed.

Xander: Auto-battled. Being old GHBs is suffering.

Caeda: I wasted a couple hours on this because I stubbornly insisted on using Dist. Counter (D). This was a stupid decision because the mages are not a threat and could be used as batteries for charging Aether for the enemies that did matter. Once I slotted in some more stats, Halloween Nils destroyed the map in one attempt.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't feel like playing much these days

I'm quite sure I cannot beat Medeus abyssal, even with Bridal Catria and Ascended Idunn. His special is charged. With no Pulse Smoke or any ranged FE6 units, I can't seem to survive. 

Edit: I did it. I gave Aether to Roy and Idunn.

Edited by GuiltyLove

April 2023's Limited Battles are here. Outside Medeus, there were quite easy. The Mythic battle, though... was horrible! I was able to beat it, but I couldn't remember how I did that. So I started to play it again, while recording every move. After an hour, I got it.

Nanna's battles was easy. With Fjorm's protection, all the ranged units could easy kill the melee ones and go back to be saved.

Lloyd's map was very easy, like any of the old GHBs. I tried to auto-battle it, but didn't work.

Like I said, Medeus's map was not fun at all... but I was able to defeat him and his horde of dragons and clerics.

@GuiltyLove

We used similar unit, just swapping Seidr for Eitri and the versions of Peony. Fjorm and  Laegjarn do a great job together. The combined forces of Hoshido and Nohr did well against Lloyd. 

We used similar units for Medeus as well: Ascended Idunn, Bride Catria, a Roy and a dagger unit. lol Nice for taking down Medeus as soon as possible, with Idunn and Roy.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

@Diovani Bressan Eitri destroying the red units was nice to see. I never got her. She seems very powerful.

Ninja Camilla is someone I would have wanted, but I wasn't able to spare any orbs for her. She's tough to fight with her Vantage!

It's ridiculous how Medeus can survive so much to the point where you needed the Duo skill. What a tough map!

Hans: Silvia solo. Michigan J. Fuck's still got it, especially with access to the newfangled Petalfall Blade. (Now where's the fucking tophat accessory!?)

Spoiler

vqTxqmd.png

C & A: Cuteria, Harmo!Sonya, Duma, L!Alm. This map was a fucker, so I decided not to mess around with it.

Spoiler

LrZP01P.jpg

...I don't know what happened to this image, but Duma and L!Alm are basekit.

Nanna: Merrybilis, Ninja!Laevatein. This was going to be a Ninja!Laevatein solo that I cribbed off of someone else, but she was short 1 HP, 1 Atk, and 1 Def. Needs some merges.

Spoiler

dev0d67.jpg

Lloyd: Midori solo. The doctor has staged an intervention for his drug addiction.

Spoiler

1grHajR.png

Medeus: Larum, B!Larum, G!Roy, Cuteria. Surprise wedding theme! This was going to be recorded, but... I cleared it in one attempt so I couldn't remember the order of operations. :Nino: All I know is that the Larums fucking slaughtered everything.

Spoiler

US0fHil.png

Edited by Some Jerk

• 5 weeks later...

New set of limited battles is here, and as always I only recorded the Abyssal maps. No Abyssal GHB this time.

Marth Emblem were not able to do much against Myrrh, so they asked for some friends for help.

Meanwhile... Xander couldn't do much against the forces of Ylisse.

I recorded the other battles, but they weren't that interesting. Altina solo'd her map, and Fomortiis did the same for his. I gave my +2 Sirius some extra fodder, but he wasn't able to do that well in a map with so many trees

@Diovani Bressan  I'm glad to see Fallen Maria with Medeus Young Merric is still strong!

Wow, Lucina didn't even have a special. Fallen Chrom's voice is menacing! Looks like Valentine Chrom still hurts a lot.

Lumera: Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Tears of the Kingdom came out just a couple days prior, so I didn't want to waste time with this one.

Spoiler

CRfMb0D.jpg

K & S: Sanaki and B!Micaiah. Was overcomplicating it with four units until I realized the sisters could just explode everything.

Spoiler

ogNdKPb.jpg

Myrrh: L!Marth, Phina, Y!Minerva, Gotoh. The worst of the set. There were a lot of exact damage memes flying around, and L!Myrrh is a goddamn wall.

Spoiler

GkShCPY.jpg

Zephiel: Y!Lyon solo. He didn't even take one point of damage.

Spoiler

OVMYtNZ.jpg

Xander (VIDEO!): Olivia solo. So the Ótr solo wasn't a fluke.

Spoiler

BmZZDdI.jpg

I'm going back to TotK now.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheating is needed to beat cheaters!

Nothing special here

I got a merge on Lilith (+5 now!) and tried using her here, but I couldn't find a good partner for her. She'll go back to being stuck to Grima. I'd like to get more Adrift Corrin merges.

I was a little worried about Askr's map, since not too long ago the Echoes roster was not the best one. But because of the great refinements Legendary Alm and Legendary Celica got, Echoes became very strong. With that said, I didn't use any of them. lol

Originally, I recorded a clear where I used Bride Catria, Legendary Alm, Legendary Celica and Rinea to clear this map, but then I decided to one-turn it by abusing Catria's Harmonized Skill.

And then we have Deirdre's map, which honestly... is a very easy map. Legendary Hinoka was created to make this map very easy.

@GuiltyLove Nice clears. Palla doing great in soloing foes, and the trio of Catria, Alm and Celica is a very strong one for sure. Deidre had no chance against Xander. He destroyed her. And I liked how you used Camilla and her gravity staff to take control on the right side of the map.

• 1 month later...

It might be hard to find time tomorrow to play the other maps

Murdock is here and got some decent skills! I don't have a Stance 4 for him yet. Bridal Catria can't be bothered to come out for this

I don't have many units, so I'm glad we got a free male Alear

Fallen Byleth is always powerful~

Spring Minerva got some skills from Chrom to support her little sister and they also happened to be very useful for this map, allowing Tiki to rampage on everyone! Arval was a bit scary and Tiki needed Maria's support to survive his attack

Edited by GuiltyLove

Aaargh why is my New Mystery roster so ... subpar? It's not like I'm skipping on their newer banners or anything ;/

Had to change up my team a bit to beat Abyssal, but I did end up clearing it with normal Hardin, Legendary Caeda, Phina, and Fallen Maria. The clear MVP here is Fallen Maria, because she just hits really hard and is probably the best unit I have for this game that hits res since I lack Harmonic Linde. Fuck Arval.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Aaargh why is my New Mystery roster so ... subpar? It's not like I'm skipping on their newer banners or anything ;/

Had to change up my team a bit to beat Abyssal, but I did end up clearing it with normal Hardin, Legendary Caeda, Phina, and Fallen Maria. The clear MVP here is Fallen Maria, because she just hits really hard and is probably the best unit I have for this game that hits res since I lack Harmonic Linde. Fuck Arval.

There aren't too many new units for that game lately. Brave Marth will get a refine soon, so the next maps will be easier!