Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

I am so gonna regret refining L!Hector weapon just for this, especially finding out there is a f2p-ish solution uploaded just as I completed the map.

Spoiler

@Some Jerk Thank you, I was debating which Hector to refine and seeing your comment about Bector made me go L!Hector route and it went well from there.

@GuiltyLovenot sure if you need it but here is a f2p-ish solution I mentioned. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcmSayQAVSc

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

not sure if you need it but here is a f2p-ish solution I mentioned. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcmSayQAVSc

Thanks for the link, I had more trouble with Infernal Edelgard than I did with Abyssal Bramimond so I wasn't even going to try it without a guide. Took a little more effort because not only did I have to take Summoner Support off Bowlyn, but I had to give it to Ninjalyn and build her up to S-rank from scratch, because otherwise the wrong Lyn would get buffed by Atk Opening. (+2 Neutral Bowlyn with 4 Dragonflowers has 52, Ninjalyn at base only had 47 so she needed Dragonflowers on top of that as well)

Still, that's probably a good thing because it got me to stop being lazy and move the support to a unit that actually gets used. Forgot how long it takes to build up support since I haven't moved it since the feature was first introduced...

I had a good investment in Legault. He was able to do solid damage to Edelgard because of the Def/Res opening on that Armor Knight. Taking out said Armor Knight dragged on a few turns since I had to use Rally + Ruse instead of NFU on him so that he could help my Brave Lyn one round the Sword Cav at the start. Thankfully I was able to be lazy with L!Lyn and she was serviceable with just remix skills but no refine.

My gosh, is it just me or is the Blazing Blade roster kinda underwhelming? Especially for a player who's trying to get through without merges?

I did beat abyssal Edelgard though. But I had to manipulate her AI into being adjacent to another enemy after she started moving, or else I literally could not damage her with any of my characters. Her map is also awful, too many walls.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

My gosh, is it just me or is the Blazing Blade roster kinda underwhelming?

It's because all the good FE7 units are Hector, making it hell for anyone who wants to use anything but armour. 😛

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

My gosh, is it just me or is the Blazing Blade roster kinda underwhelming? Especially for a player who's trying to get through without merges?

Of particular interest for this map, Blazing Sword is severely lacking in red units, having gotten only five of them since the beginning of Book 3 (Legendary Eliwood, Summer Fiora, Duo Hector, Winter Zephiel, and Erk) and only one since the beginning of Book 5 (Erk). Of the older units, only Karla and Canas have modern refines. And also maybe regular Eliwood.

When it comes to modern damage reduction tanks, Blazing Sword's most recent melee infantry is Desert Karla, but excluding her, the most recent melee infantry is Linus, followed by Karla, Dorcas, and Lloyd. Linus and Karla are old enough to have refines and recent enough to have modern refines, but everyone from Dorcas backwards is not so lucky, and the gap between Desert Karla and Linus is three and a half years, which is more than two thirds of this game's current age. Legault and Brave Eliwood also have modern refines with damage reduction.

Blazing Sword's more recent units are overwhelmingly dominated by fragile ranged offensive units, which are generally a poor match-up for maps with large numbers of reinforcements and is exacerbated by the walls making it difficult to use Reposition to use their preferred strategy of hit and run.

As far as mobility is concerned, Blazing Sword only has three melee cavalry (all of which are Eliwood) and seven ranged cavalry. Of the ranged cavalry, only two have exclusive weapons, and neither is considered modern. Of the game's cavalry and flying units, none of them have Canto in their default skill sets.

What's probably contributing most to the dearth of good units is the fact that the last time Blazing Sword had a seasonal banner was Winter 2019, as seasonal banners each typically have at least two or three extremely good units on them. In the past two years, we've only gotten three seasonal units total (Harmonized Tiki, Duo Lyn, and Desert Karla).

Speaking of which, we are comically long overdue for a Blazing Sword seasonal banner.

Literally noticed a few hours ago that we had another Abyssal to get to so here we go~

My OG!Lyn could only service up until Lunatic, I think. Had to grab Brave Lyn after that. Would have preferred to show off my new Raven build and not use the Cheating Unit but, my Blazing Blade units are pretty meh. I'm honestly surprised the little SI I needed here was enough.

@Some Jerk - Can't really lose with B!Hector and Super Nino~

@GuiltyLove - Another B!Hector and Super Nino + The Cheating Unit. Though you hardly needed to rely on Ninja as it is, which is quite impressive in itself~

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Of particular interest for this map, Blazing Sword is severely lacking in red units, having gotten only five of them since the beginning of Book 3 (Legendary Eliwood, Summer Fiora, Duo Hector, Winter Zephiel, and Erk) and only one since the beginning of Book 5 (Erk). Of the older units, only Karla and Canas have modern refines. And also maybe regular Eliwood.

When it comes to modern damage reduction tanks, Blazing Sword's most recent melee infantry is Desert Karla, but excluding her, the most recent melee infantry is Linus, followed by Karla, Dorcas, and Lloyd. Linus and Karla are old enough to have refines and recent enough to have modern refines, but everyone from Dorcas backwards is not so lucky, and the gap between Desert Karla and Linus is three and a half years, which is more than two thirds of this game's current age. Legault and Brave Eliwood also have modern refines with damage reduction.

Blazing Sword's more recent units are overwhelmingly dominated by fragile ranged offensive units, which are generally a poor match-up for maps with large numbers of reinforcements and is exacerbated by the walls making it difficult to use Reposition to use their preferred strategy of hit and run.

As far as mobility is concerned, Blazing Sword only has three melee cavalry (all of which are Eliwood) and seven ranged cavalry. Of the ranged cavalry, only two have exclusive weapons, and neither is considered modern. Of the game's cavalry and flying units, none of them have Canto in their default skill sets.

What's probably contributing most to the dearth of good units is the fact that the last time Blazing Sword had a seasonal banner was Winter 2019, as seasonal banners each typically have at least two or three extremely good units on them. In the past two years, we've only gotten three seasonal units total (Harmonized Tiki, Duo Lyn, and Desert Karla).

Yeeeeah, I did notice the dearth of red units. My Erk couldn't even scratch Edelgard after a certain point, and I didn't feel too confident in attacking Edelgard head-on since I didn't want to get countered. Duo Hector might've tanked and damaged Edelgard ... so of course I don't have him. Honestly, Blazing Sword could use more units with modern skills and BST.

Hilariously enough, I ended up beating this map with three blue units. Duo Lyn was able to take out Edelgard with a little AI fuckery, I don't think I could even scratch her if she was standing alone with her brazen activated.

Honestly, would anyone be upset if IS just combined Blazing & Binding for these like they do with Genealogy & Thracia and Radiance & Radiant?

If they did that, it'd solve a lot of the problems that Blazing's roster has (mostly because Binding has been getting all the recent seasonals while Blazing just has Hatari Karla).

Such as, in addition to its latest sword unit being from 2019, Blazing's latest axe and staff units are from 2018 and 2017 respectively. Meanwhile, six of the eight axe units Binding has (includes Catria & Thea) are from 2019 or later.

Off of memory:

- I introduced Yen'Fay to Kyza.  It didn't go over very well for the beorc.  Nailah, Jill, and Leanne pitched in.
- Legendary Caeda didn't care about Julia's anything.  Brave Marth didn't care, either.  Harmonic Caeda and Wolf rounded out the team.
- Brave Eirika is kinda nuts.  So is Harmonic Lysithea (yes she counts).  Fallen Lyon annoyed the guys to the right, and Tethys danced.  Didn't bother with Abyssal.
- Yarne's job was to reposition until he could get a clean shot on Mae.  Bridal Tharja took care of Boey.  Summer Cordelia (Hall of Forms) got people out of the way, then herself.  Maribelle patched people up.
- Duo Lyn carried most of this, with Brave Eliwood buffing her.  Bramimond.  The last member?  Lucius with Wings of Mercy, who kept himself out of danger by warping.  It was a hilarious (mostly) colorless rush that somehow worked.  Didn't bother with Abyssal, because I ran out of time.

I remember not having a hard time in this map, since Edelgard was released short after Young Marth... But I also didn't have a hard time this time. Bramimond was harder, for sure.

@Some Jerk Nice use of Legendary Eliwood to grant Bonus Doubler to both Hector and Nino, and using Nils not only as the dancer of the team but also a source to trigger Vision of Arcadia. All units did their roles very well!

@GuiltyLove Nice clear! Another Nino, but this time without her Prf. Nice build on her, with a theme on debuffing foe’s Atk and Res during combat. I have no words for Ninja Lyn, since we all know how good she is.

@Landmaster Nice use of Lyn, Lyn, Lyn and Lyn, feat Florina. Summer Lyn surviving in turn 1 with 1 HP was quite nice. Bonus points for no use for dancers in the team, but you also lose these bônus points for using the Duo Skill as a dance.

• 4 weeks later...

Limited Hero Battles are back! Here's the selection of maps for this month (May 2022) with each map's limitation:

GHB: Riev - Genealogy / Thracia 776
BHB: Felicia & Flora - Echoes SoV (no dancers allowed)
MHB: Mila - Heroes
BHB: Ylgr & Helbindi - Fates (no dancers allowed)
LHB: Seliph - Binding Blade

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Limited Hero Battles are back! Here's the selection of maps for this month (May 2022) with each map's limitation:

GHB: Riev - Genealogy / Thracia 776
BHB: Felicia & Flora - Echoes SoV (no dancers allowed)
MHB: Mila - Heroes
BHB: Ylgr & Helbindi - Fates (no dancers allowed)
LHB: Seliph - Binding Blade

Sigh... I really need more FE6 characters. I don't know how long I can keep relying on Bridal Catria for this. Thanks for the update though!

7 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Sigh... I really need more FE6 characters. I don't know how long I can keep relying on Bridal Catria for this. Thanks for the update though!

I got 3 Ninja Igrenes in last month's Double Special Heroes, when I was trying to get Winter Lysithea... so at least I have Igrene not too which is a pretty nice Binding Blade units.

Not to mention Ascended Idunn and Elimine earlier this year.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I am no longer asking, but demanding Freyr.

@GuiltyLove - I didn't know Reginn got damage reduction, that's pretty useful~ The whole team having Canto made it pretty easy to just hit and run until they got close enough to you.

@Diovani Bressan - Very nice use of the cheating unit. Nott took out Mila pretty easily.

Riev: Silvia, Balldigan, Reinhardt, Lex. The reinforcements on top of Riev's bullshit made soloing this map impossible for me, and even with a full team I had to get crafty. Riev's PRF is no joke.

Felicia & Flora: Deathea, Duma, L!Alm. Initiating on this map is ass and none of my FE2 Barracks have Traces, and it's made worse by dancers being disallowed. I eventually made it work by Deathea obliterating the Axe Fighter at the start and having Duma yank her out of danger.

Mila: Múspell, Nifl, Merrybilis, Harmo!Caeda. Remembering how awful Mila was on debut, I decided not to fuck around with this one... though while I say that, Merrybilis was the only one with a reworked kit. Everyone else was base aside from Nifl having Swift Sparrow 3 (yes, Múspell still had his AR skill).

Ylgr & Helbindi:
SsUFwmL.jpg

...I think everyone I use who wants Atk/Spd Menace has it already, and I have a spare. Though I'm sure gonna be sore about losing a Close Foil, because this solo necessitated a merge -- I thought I was being smart with the snap Noontime heals, but then Ylgr slapped me with an exact damage meme, and I couldn't flower a Def point on because I need her at 60 Atk for L!Eliwood team shenanigans.

Edited by Some Jerk