Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

@Flying Shogi I also hope we don't get an Abyssal version of this map. This was the only GHB I was unable to clear when it first came out. I had to ask @Arcanite to log into my account and clear it for me... 

Lukas is so tanky! Very nice clear!

Here is my clear. Any map that gives me an excuse to showcase my pride and joy, Catria, is welcome! That includes even this map.

@XRay @Landmaster

https://streamable.com/l39xau

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next Limited Hero Battles will be:

• Grand Hero Battle - Kana: Dragon Spawn;
  • Bound Hero Battle - Minerva & Maria;
  • Grand Hero Battle - Julius: Scion of Darkness;
  • Bound Hero Battle - Takumi & Hinoka;
  • Legendary Hero Battle - Ryoma: Supreme Samurai.

I remember I had a bad time with Ryoma's LHB when it was released, only to be able to beat the higher difficulties in later reruns.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

• Grand Hero Battle - Kana: Dragon Spawn;
  • Bound Hero Battle - Minerva & Maria;
  • Grand Hero Battle - Julius: Scion of Darkness;
  • Bound Hero Battle - Takumi & Hinoka;

I remember I had a bad time with Ryoma's LHB when it was released, only to be able to beat the higher difficulties in later reruns.

I am not looking forward to Ryoma's battle. At least his Abyssal in the limited battle should be the same as Infernal in regular legendary rotations.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

@Flying Shogi I also hope we don't get an Abyssal version of this map. This was the only GHB I was unable to clear when it first came out. I had to ask @Arcanite to log into my account and clear it for me... 

Thanks! I almost didn't clear it when it was first released. And then they had the nerve to pick armored units for the movement type quest during the rerun. 

Here is my clear. Any map that gives me an excuse to showcase my pride and joy, Catria, is welcome! That includes even this map.

@XRay @Landmaster

https://streamable.com/l39xau

Catria's damage output is insane. Congrats on the clear!

If Infernal is called hell in the Chinese version, what's Abyssal? 

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I am not looking forward to Ryoma's battle. At least his Abyssal in the limited battle should be the same as Infernal in regular legendary rotations.

This should be Lyn instead of Ryoma. Thought this was referring to the current set of LHB's. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

4 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Thanks! I almost didn't clear it when it was first released. And then they had the nerve to pick armored units for the movement type quest during the rerun. 

Catria's damage output is insane. Congrats on the clear!

If Infernal is called hell in the Chinese version, what's Abyssal? 

I took a break from the game during the rerun. I had no idea you had to use armored units! Were you able to clear it?

Thanks ^__^ I'm hoping to eventually get Heavy Blade 4 on Catria once I save up enough orbs. That will be even more damage!

Abyssal is 深淵 in Chinese, so basically just "abyss". How is it translated in Japanese?

Edited by GuiltyLove

46 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Lyn is this month. Those that I mentioned are the next ones, that may be in June.

Wow, my brain completely just skipped over the other ones you listed and only saw the last one. My apologies for the sloppiness.

49 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I took a break from the game during the rerun. I had no idea you had to use armored units! Were you able to clear it?

Luckily I was able to manage as I had Amelia so she provided Armor March support.

51 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Thanks ^__^ I'm hoping to eventually get Heavy Blade 4 on Catria once I save up enough orbs. That will be even more damage!

More damage never hurts. Good luck on pulling HB4!

51 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Abyssal is 深淵 in Chinese, so basically just "abyss". How is it translated in Japanese?

It's just Abyssal written in Katakana: アビサル.

I was able to clear it with 4*+10 Boey and Mae, Valentine Silque, and he finally gets his chance to shine Gray. Boey just sat there and ate. So tomorrow is Ephriam and Eirkia, IIRC you have to use Heroes characters. I want to see how seasonal squad: NY!Eir, NY!Laegjarn, Spring Loki, and Summer Ylgr fare against them. 

That was fun. Cleared using Team This Is My Final Form (except Berkut is only +5):

6dm3wr1.png

Duma just stood right there the whole time like a proper final boss, letting the staffie that did no damage to him block all of the other units from attacking him.

Berkut did a great job trying to kill Alm.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Takumi's wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was difficult but I enjoyed the challenge and used FH!Delthea, L!Alm, Lukas and V!Silque.

Edited by NSSKG151

Why not? we coult use a 2. batch of Abyssal GHB rotations (Arvis and co) and a new 3. batch of GHBs with Abyssal. Its a very fun challenge and Abyssal doesnt give out anything meaningfull anyway.

The only reason I managed to clear Infernal is because I had a Rinea. This is a very difficult map to do without range units with a dancer.

It was a little tricky because well, it’s this map, but I took the Infernal Taco Twins out with Brave Celica, Legendary Celica, Deathea, and Rinea.

However, the true main event of pain (for me at least) awaits tomorrow.

I've been finding this one tough. I don't have either legendary, haven't figured out an alternative for Infernal yet.

Edit: Managed to win using Dancer Rinea, Fallen Delthea, Valentine's Alm, and Boey.

Edited by Othin

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

Why not? we coult use a 2. batch of Abyssal GHB rotations (Arvis and co) and a new 3. batch of GHBs with Abyssal. Its a very fun challenge and Abyssal doesnt give out anything meaningfull anyway.

Fallen Takumi's map in particular gives me bad flashbacks to when I first attempted to clear it OTL

Edit: hate emojis...

Edited by GuiltyLove

I can imagine that Infernal Ephraim+Eirika LHB is easy for those who have Duo Alfonse.

My party:
New Year's Eir: Res Temari+,  Draw Back, Iceberg, Res +3, Desperation 3, Spd Tactic 3, Spd/Res 2
+Def/-Spd Gunnthra: Blizzard, Draw Back, Glimmer, Fury 3, Chilling Seal, Res Ploy 3, Res +1
Fjorm: Leiptr, Reposition, Ice Mirror, Atk/Def Bond 3, Shield Pulse 3, Drive Atk 2, Atk/Res Bond 3
CYL Veronica: Hlidskjalf, Recover+, Windfire Balm+, Atk +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Savage Blow 3, Spur Atk 3

Edited by Roflolxp54

The E&E one was easy enough with Hrid, Gunnthra, NY!Laegjarn and Brunonica.

Takumi infernal is being terrible though and because I'd rather not promote Boey, I'm going to ask about how you guys are generally playing that difficulty, because I bet I have enough of the units people are using that who shouldn't be an issue (Except L!Celica sadly).

56 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I can imagine that Infernal Ephraim+Eirika LHB is easy for those who have Duo Alfonse.

Yeah, he ate everyone for breakfast. I gave Infernal a few more runs using Laevatein and tried to figure out how to have her kill everything. Laevatein had issues with the two bosses, so I needed to do deal some chip damage on them. So while Laevatein did not solo the map, she did get every single kill.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The E&E one was easy enough with Hrid, Gunnthra, NY!Laegjarn and Brunonica.

Takumi infernal is being terrible though and because I'd rather not promote Boey, I'm going to ask about how you guys are generally playing that difficulty, because I bet I have enough of the units people are using that who shouldn't be an issue (Except L!Celica sadly).

I had Celica and she was critical for killing things reliably, and ASS!Berkut also helped her providing some buffs. The other two units I used were LG!Faye with Firesweep-Armored Boots and DW!Berkut with either Noontime or Moonbow (I do not remember which one I used, but it was definitely a 2 cooldown Special), Quick Riposte, Atk Smoke, and Distant Def. LG!Faye could probably be replaced with any other nuke. DW!Berkut is useful for denying follow-up attacks, and he could also be good if you need to get your nukes into Desperation range, so I am not sure if he can be easily replaced with Berkut or Conrad.

For Infernal, I had DW!Berkut and LG!Faye destroy one of the columns and then had Celica sniped the left staff foe I think. I do not remember much after that though, but I do remember that I did not need DW!Berkut's recoil damage for Celica, but his follow-up denial was pretty helpful for tanking.

Back to easy stuff. Thrasir, Brave Veronica, NY Eir and Fjorm. Fjorm tanked the ranged guys at the beginning and then Thrasir and Veronica cleared up the rest. Ephraim was obliterated by Thrasir and Eirika was weakened by Eir and was killed by Fjorm.

Honestly why is Fjorm so good? I remember using her in her bonus seasons in AR and remember her taking out and tanking Leifs. If she only had some extra Atk she would be a monster in AR. 

Edited by SuperNova125

This one was much easier than yesterday's, I just sent in Lif/Thrasir/Eir/B!Veronica and they crushed everything. On Hard, I was able to get away with auto-battling.