What's favourite / weird and or dislikes pairing in Fire Emblem Awakening

Tanukinook

First off, most of these pairing of mine are from Bigklingy fire emblem awakening playthrough (ft mary sue) but three of which are mine:

Female avatar x Gangrel

herny x Olivia just because no I just can't see Gregor with Olivia just no.

Anna x gregor despite not having a support with each other.

The rest of these pairings despite not coming up with them myself I don't mind and just pair up in every playthrough mine:

Chrom x Sumia (if not pair up with female avatar)

Frederick x Sumia (if chrom is pair up with female avater)

Lon-qu x lissa 

Sally x Stahl

Miriel x Libra

Maribelle x Ricken

Gaius x Panne

Vaike x Cordelia

Donnel x Nowi

Kellam x Tharja

And if you want add your dislike Pairing, mine are :

chrom x female avatar (I dislike chrom)

any male (but Gangrel) x female avatar 

any female x male avatar (I don't play male avatar full stop. Don't mind Anna and emmeryn)

Gregor x Olivia

Edited by Tanukinook

Why would you pair units without support levels?  It somewhat negates the entire purpose of the pair-up system (basically, better bonuses the higher your support rank).

Your favorite game is awakening but you don't like Chrom, wild, but uh my faves are 

Chrom and Robin: I could write an essay why but I don't feel like it but honestly I just think it enhances awakenings narrative immensely 

Maribelle and Lissa: They can't s support but you gonna tell me Maribelle ain't gay for Lissa

Lissa and Libra: Cute supports but if I'm being honest it just gives a great dread fighter or dark knight owain

Maribelle and Ricken: It's kinda the one the game want you to pick and for once I am happy to go with it (also makes for a bomb sage brady)

Sumia and Frederick: Easily the best of Sumias Romantic supports by a long shot

Tharja and Gaius: Honestly makes Tharja likeable and Gaius is just funny and Charming (like always)

Sully and Vaike: Just some good ass supports but then again sully just generally has some good ass supports 

Panne and Stahl: Good boy befriends local Bunny by eating and making weird food

Cordelia and Chrom Lon'qu: A support where Cordelia moves on from Chrom is a good support to me also Lon'qu getting over his fear of women to help Cordelia is cute

Olivia and Henry: It's just good idk what to say 

Donnel and Nowi: One of the only characters I don't feel uncomfortable marrying nowi too 

Cherche and Gregor: He saved her wyvern in the past how cute

Lucina and Laurent: Good supports and their ending is so cute and happy which is good because luci deserves happiness 

Morgan and Nah: Good ass supports literally nothing more just GOOD 

Robin x Tiki: Tiki deserves love she's been through so much

While I don't like dwelling on ships I don't like uhhhh

Chrom and Sumia: I like all his other options I just don't like sumia I hate the whole man woman house thing they got going on and I hate how she like is in cutscenes before the timeskip to establish her as the love interest then just throw her aside once they get together

Robin and Second gen units: It's weird the ain't even born yet or are babies

Robin and Lucina: I'm calling this one out specifically because it violates bro code also like this applies to all of them but like what happens in 20 years when you go to visit your buddy Chrom and you see the hot 20 something version of your wife that's just weird.

Robin and Nah: Calling this one out because like that's just some pedo shit 

Nowi and anyone who isn't Donnel or Ricken: She looks like a child so I'mma put her with other characters that look like children

Robin and Any of the spotpass characters other than priam: Other than Priam all the spotpass characters died during the main story and I think they should stay dead  

Lissa and Donnel: Their whole support is about them being like siblings with each other to jump to an s support feels wrong

Finally someone else who dislikes Chrom x female Robin. That support chain is an absolute shit way to build up a romance. Otherwise, it is pretty funny and that's it. I also don't like Chrom much, I think he's boring.

Frederick x female Robin is my favorite pairing and I also like Freddy with several other ladies too, including Cordelia, Cherche, Panne, and Olivia. Cordy is probably my favorite non-Robin option for him, but she's also my favorite option for Stahl.

My most disliked pairing is, unsurprisingly, Chrom and female Robin.

I can't stand Chrom and Sumia, I get it's the default pairing but come on IS no one should be shipped that hard.

I hate the Chrom/Female Robin supports but they are the only way to get the best Lucina, so it's a staple I've stuck with.  I just pretend that the C-A support doesn't exist and that it's male Robin's support with the S tacked on.  For the male Robin runs I go for Chrom/Maribelle.  I have off taste apparently lol!

I also can't stand Male Robin with anyone other than Lucina- and before people complain it's purely about Aether abusing Morgan and their actual support conversations themselves.

Also Olivia and either Libra or Stahl.  Both of those are imo the best of her supports.  Frederick and Panne are also supports I like and they make a good Yarne.

23 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I hate the Chrom/Female Robin supports but they are the only way to get the best Lucina, so it's a staple I've stuck with.  I just pretend that the C-A support doesn't exist and that it's male Robin's support with the S tacked on.

On 4/14/2020 at 3:21 PM, Anacybele said:

Finally someone else who dislikes Chrom x female Robin. That support chain is an absolute shit way to build up a romance. Otherwise, it is pretty funny and that's it. I also don't like Chrom much, I think he's boring.

Y’all just need to watch more anime that’s what. As cliche of a trope as it may it’s a fun one and one I get immense enjoyment from if done properly. It’s cute and that’s really all I can say about it. That said, I’m rather partial to M!RobinxCordelia myself I just love all the potential family dynamics that spawn from it. Also it makes LucinaxSevera work so much better when combined with SumiaxChrom. I could write an essay about why I like these two families so much and all the headcanons I have but I’ll spare you all the tangent.

• 1 month later...

Absolute best pairing in all FE:

Chrom x Olivia. They’re similar, they have wholesome and sweet supports, their unique conversation in chapter 11/12 is really perfect for both them and for the story. 
Inigo’s father supports make sense for almost only Chrom as the best easily 

I know it will never be canon but all i want from FE is to canonize this relationship 

Lissa x Lon Qu is great 

I like Sumia and Frederick 

Vaike x Cordelia is a strong one, Chrom’s friend and his admirer teaming up to take him down but end up in love. 

absoltje worst: 

Chrom and Sumia. There no substance and the only thing people ever say in its favor “there’s a cutscene!”

11 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Absolute best pairing in all FE:

Chrom x Olivia. They’re similar, they have wholesome and sweet supports, their unique conversation in chapter 11/12 is really perfect for both them and for the story. 
Inigo’s father supports make sense for almost only Chrom as the best easily 

I know it will never be canon but all i want from FE is to canonize this relationship 

Lissa x Lon Qu is great 

I like Sumia and Frederick 

Vaike x Cordelia is a strong one, Chrom’s friend and his admirer teaming up to take him down but end up in love. 

absoltje worst: 

Chrom and Sumia. There no substance and the only thing people ever say in its favor “there’s a cutscene!”

Actually Sumia is Chrom's default bride (as in the IS clearly makes the Chrom/Sumia pairing as 'canon') he has the quickest support growth with her and it's not just "a cutscene" that leans towards Sumia having a substantial relationship with Chrom, even if the second half of the game pushes his wife to background character and their supports are not to everyone's taste (I don't like 'em either but I will concede facts where facts stand) if she's not female Robin.  Sumia gets a good portion of the early game screen time compaired with Chrom's other potential brides bar Robin, who pretty much gets the most screen time out of Chrom's potential brides.

In the case of Chrom and Olivia they pretty much have nothing going for them except a shotgun wedding and forcing the player to make up what happens between them and they have Lucina.

Also the only way you get to view Chrom and Olivia's supports is by having Chrom marry someone else, so that's a wasted effort.  Chrom and Olivia make okay friends but certainly are not a good pairing tbh, especially for DLC content as Olivia is recommended to marry someone else to make Inigo way better than he is with Chrom as his dad.

Aditionally, and I know you might not like it, but there are better parents than Chrom for Inigo, he doesn't get Aether and RK is too situational, even in the main story.

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Actually Sumia is Chrom's default bride (as in the IS clearly makes the Chrom/Sumia pairing as 'canon') he has the quickest support growth with her and it's not just "a cutscene" that leans towards Sumia having a substantial relationship with Chrom, even if the second half of the game pushes his wife to background character and their supports are not to everyone's taste (I don't like 'em either but I will concede facts where facts stand) if she's not female Robin.  Sumia gets a good portion of the early game screen time compaired with Chrom's other potential brides bar Robin, who pretty much gets the most screen time out of Chrom's potential brides.

In the case of Chrom and Olivia they pretty much have nothing going for them except a shotgun wedding and forcing the player to make up what happens between them and they have Lucina.

Also the only way you get to view Chrom and Olivia's supports is by having Chrom marry someone else, so that's a wasted effort.  Chrom and Olivia make okay friends but certainly are not a good pairing tbh, especially for DLC content as Olivia is recommended to marry someone else to make Inigo way better than he is with Chrom as his dad.

Aditionally, and I know you might not like it, but there are better parents than Chrom for Inigo, he doesn't get Aether and RK is too situational, even in the main story.

Not really; Sumia has a cutscene going for her, but that’s about it. Her being important in the early story makes her default? That would mean robin has to marry Lissa or Frederick as they’re early story characters. 

They have a good bit. The text of “he knew in his heart who it would be” is very very reminiscent of Olivias exclusive chapter 12 flashback scene, where they speak with that exact same sentiment. 

inigo can have other dads but for a hero class RK is amazing, as you can get him almost guaranteed not to break his equipment. But more importantly...Inigo’s personality.

he is characterized by self doubt. His mother advises him to flirt in order to overcome his shyness but he never overcomes it etc etc. 

his father yells at him and scolds him. Few characters would do this, but it’s very much who Chrom is, as we see an outburst of a very similar sort in Lucina’s sibling support. 
nit to mention the whole “invincible” thing and inigo being Chrom’s only other child to get the brand.  The whole situation with the Falchion and the character being insecure that it hasn’t chosen them is perfectly in line with Inigo; it’s who he is. Chrom’s wife (unless it’s robin) being So distraught and insecure and etc when she sees Lucina and Chrom makes most sense with Olivia as we know her to be so full of worry. 

so Inigo’s dad acts like Chrom. Lucinas sibling acts like Inigo. 

now for friends...

well Olivia is in love with Chrom since basically they just meet at the end of chapter 10 so that will be hard for friendships but whatever it is. 

the C support has her acting on that love and her typical shyness in that she can hardly look at or talk to him. He resolved to make her smile and speak with him. 
b support he becomes shy around her 

a support they’re both awkward but they hit it off. 

that’s some of his most actual relationship development there is. If you swapped Fem robin supported with Males then that one works well too. But Sully and Olivia, as it stands, are the only ones who actually have healthy relationship development in their supports. 

Personally I only really like Sumia x Chrom simply because I feel like Cynthia is just the perfect younger sister to Lucina. It just makes the most sense to me and it really does feel like Lucina’s sibling support convos were written with her in mind

Since it applies, I'll just do a little copy/paste and use my comment from another thread with some extra stuff added.

Awakening Favs:

M!Robin/Cordelia: This was my first S-Support for my avatar in Awakening (while also being my first FE game, period) and I loved how natural and deep the romantic connection between the two was. The adorable marriage banter in the Summer Scramble DLC didn't hurt in making me love their relationship either. Although I have come to strongly dislike Cordelia as a character since then (Chrom crush, superiority complex, lack of flaws), I still think this is one of her best romantic supports.

Gaius/Maribelle: This was another very believable romance between two characters who didn't seem to naturally mesh well. But after hearing the backstory about Maribelle's father and the lengths Gaius went to to ensure her safety and save her father's life, I genuinely believed that the two had fallen in love with each other, without any weirdness to mess up the flow.

Chrom/Maribelle: My OTP for Chrom. Childhood friends becoming lovers is far from the most original idea, but they seemed to fit, especially given how it's noted in another dialogue that Chrom dislikes all nobles "except Maribelle."

Lon'qu/Cherche: My favorite pairing for both Lon'qu and Cherche (who is a pretty bland character in my opinion). Lon'qu overcomes his gynophobia as Cherche helps reassure him over the guilt from his past and the two fall in love. Simple, but sweet.

Stahl/Sully, Stahl/Cordelia, Stahl/Lissa, and Stahl/Olivia: Stahl is definitely the "nice guy" of the Shepherds and these supports really show that. He's just a simple guy who loves food and wants to help others. Honestly, other than his Kellam support (due to bad localization), Stahl has no bad supports in my opinion. It's just too bad he can't support Sumia. Pie girl with food guy just screams of potential for cute fluff supports.

Gregor/Cordelia: This one kind of surprised me with how cute it was. Wise older guy helps out a younger woman with her love life only to fall for her himself. Bonus is that you get a hair color for Severa that is the closest to canon.

Awakening Dislikes:

Inigo/Nah:  *chomp chomp* Being forced into a marriage with Nah by threat of becoming a dragon's snack is weird, to say the least.

Nowi/anybody: Yeah, I only married Nowi to Henry one time because they were the closest in age and I wanted to play Nah's paralogue. Otherwise, dragon loli flies solo every other Awakening playthrough.

Chrom/Sumia: "I made you pies" straight to "I love you."

Chrom/Robin: "Sorry I saw you bathing!"

6 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Not really; Sumia has a cutscene going for her, but that’s about it. Her being important in the early story makes her default? That would mean robin has to marry Lissa or Frederick as they’re early story characters. 

They have a good bit. The text of “he knew in his heart who it would be” is very very reminiscent of Olivias exclusive chapter 12 flashback scene, where they speak with that exact same sentiment. 

inigo can have other dads but for a hero class RK is amazing, as you can get him almost guaranteed not to break his equipment. But more importantly...Inigo’s personality.

he is characterized by self doubt. His mother advises him to flirt in order to overcome his shyness but he never overcomes it etc etc. 

his father yells at him and scolds him. Few characters would do this, but it’s very much who Chrom is, as we see an outburst of a very similar sort in Lucina’s sibling support. 
nit to mention the whole “invincible” thing and inigo being Chrom’s only other child to get the brand.  The whole situation with the Falchion and the character being insecure that it hasn’t chosen them is perfectly in line with Inigo; it’s who he is. Chrom’s wife (unless it’s robin) being So distraught and insecure and etc when she sees Lucina and Chrom makes most sense with Olivia as we know her to be so full of worry. 

so Inigo’s dad acts like Chrom. Lucinas sibling acts like Inigo. 

now for friends...

well Olivia is in love with Chrom since basically they just meet at the end of chapter 10 so that will be hard for friendships but whatever it is. 

the C support has her acting on that love and her typical shyness in that she can hardly look at or talk to him. He resolved to make her smile and speak with him. 
b support he becomes shy around her 

a support they’re both awkward but they hit it off. 

that’s some of his most actual relationship development there is. If you swapped Fem robin supported with Males then that one works well too. But Sully and Olivia, as it stands, are the only ones who actually have healthy relationship development in their supports. 

Inigo's child support is generic which means Frederick could equally be as much of Inigo's dad as Chrom.  And you're forgetting how bad Lucina's stats are, also you're forgetting just how many times you were told repeatedly that Sumia is Chrom's canon bride and are ignoring the facts.

Like a child actually.

Like I said Sumia has more going for her than "just a cut scene" but okay, keep ignoring the facts and twisting them to suit your narative.

On 5/19/2020 at 7:06 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

Like a child actually.

Hey, if you disagree and have facts to back up your assertions (or even just disagree), I have no problem with that. But is it really necessary to insult the person you disagree with?

On 5/19/2020 at 7:06 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

just how many times you were told repeatedly that Sumia is Chrom's canon bride and are ignoring the facts.

Actually, the game never explicitly says anything about Sumia x Chrom being canon (besides the name of the cutscene "Lovebirds.") Just a lot of hint hint wink wink and little else. It is entirely up to the player if they choose to go along with the implied romance or create their own through another pairing for Chrom.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

ad hominem - "marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made"

Hey, if you disagree and have facts to back up your assertions (or even just disagree), I have no problem with that. But is it really necessary to insult the person you disagree with?

Actually, the game never explicitly says anything about Sumia x Chrom being canon (besides the name of the cutscene "Lovebirds.") Just a lot of hint hint wink wink and little else. It is entirely up to the player if they choose to go along with the implied romance or create their own through another pairing for Chrom.

No, but Olivia has the lowest priority over the other potential brides, so that should say something if even the game's CODE favours Chrom and Sumia over any other ship the player might want or have.  If that's not canon then I don't know what is.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

No, but Olivia has the lowest priority over the other potential brides, so that should say something if even the game's CODE favours Chrom and Sumia over any other ship the player might want or have.  If that's not canon then I don't know what is.

What is canon is something either confirmed in a game’s story or by the developers directly. Since neither Chrom nor Robin (or any of the Awakening cast) have official spouses, there are no canon pairings. By the logic of using support growths, Lissa x Vaike, Frederick x Maribelle, Gaius x Tharja, Nowi x Gregor *shudders*, Cordelia x Libra, etc. would therefore all be “canon.” But we know that none of these are either confirmed in Awakening’s story nor by the game’s devs. Consequently, there are no official couples in Awakening, unlike other FE titles (Sigurd x Deirdre, Marth x Shiida, Alm x Celica).

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

ad hominem - "marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made"

That’s not what ad hominem means. Ad hominem means when you directly insult the person making the argument instead of the argument in question. She presented her argument along with an insult. That’s not a logical fallacy even if I do agree it is in poor taste and somewhat childish 

2 hours ago, Hong Nhi said:

M Robin x Lucina. ( or any other children ).Please, she is your best friend's daughter. Pedobin need to stop.

Or any other guys x Nowi. Maybe she's more 1000 year old %@%%&*@! . But she still have a child body. Make her pregnant in her child body ? that's just too gross for me.

yQHcnJ2.png.656afeca3751bb9485adc439ff572769.png

But your missing out on Nah, who is an an absolute powerhouse of a unit. Plus, Henry, Donnell, and depending on your customization, Robin, all look like they're on the younger side. 

Spoiler

Although, as you said, she's 1000 years old, which means everyone excpet Tiki is younger than her.

Edited by Sir Wolfram of Vallora

22 hours ago, Ottservia said:

That’s not what ad hominem means. Ad hominem means when you directly insult the person making the argument instead of the argument in question. She presented her argument along with an insult. That’s not a logical fallacy even if I do agree it is in poor taste and somewhat childish 

Fair enough. But she still used an insult along with her own arguments and I pointed it out because it had no relevancy to what she was arguing.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I pulled that definition from here:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad hominem

It’s not a definition I made up. She used an insult along with her own arguments and I pointed it out because it had no relevancy to what she was arguing.

It’s still not ad hominem. Ad hominem would be if she just said “you’re ignoring facts like a child” and nothing more but she provided facts and evidence along with it meaning it’s not ad hominem. Childish maybe but not ad hominem 

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Inigo's child support is generic which means Frederick could equally be as much of Inigo's dad as Chrom.  And you're forgetting how bad Lucina's stats are, also you're forgetting just how many times you were told repeatedly that Sumia is Chrom's canon bride and are ignoring the facts.

Like a child actually.

Like I said Sumia has more going for her than "just a cut scene" but okay, keep ignoring the facts and twisting them to suit your narative.

I know they’re generic. I’m not saying they’re exclusive. I’m saying Chrom acts in character in those scenes. Frederick does not; he acts more like Chrom. 

inigo is Lucina’s only sibling who can have a brand and the only time Chrom shows happiness recruiting them “heh. A son.” He is pleased when he realized inigo is his kid. 

Sumia really doesn’t. Her presence and character arc get the same fulfillment from marrying Frederick. Meanwhile Olivia is in love with Chrom regardless; and after risking her tail as the getaway driver, she has the heroic merits as well. And despite being a dancer she convinces Chrom to let her fight. 
then in chapter 12, once again Chrom tried to bench her but she convinces him to let her stay. 
it’s an Established precedent that Olivia will fight for her place in the army. 

yes all the brides do that. I’m not arguing that others don’t. I’m saying it’s in character for Olivia, Sully, and Robin. 
the meeting Lucina scene is in character for Olivia (and Robin since there is no suspect there) 

at the end of the day Olivia/Inigo points in the royal family keep tacking on. Yet you completely dismiss it because of a cutscene 

not to mention If Olivia has 7 points and Sumia has Max but hasn’t activated supports, Olivia wins. She has less points but more priority. 
The games coding isn’t as cut and dry. Which hardly matters because games often make the better content harder to unlock. It’s basically like a new game plus bonus 

Edited by IEatLasers

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

I know they’re generic. I’m not saying they’re exclusive. I’m saying Chrom acts in character in those scenes. Frederick does not; he acts more like Chrom. 

inigo is Lucina’s only sibling who can have a brand and the only time Chrom shows happiness recruiting them “heh. A son.” He is pleased when he realized inigo is his kid. 

Sumia really doesn’t. Her presence and character arc get the same fulfillment from marrying Frederick. Meanwhile Olivia is in love with Chrom regardless; and after risking her tail as the getaway driver, she has the heroic merits as well. And despite being a dancer she convinces Chrom to let her fight. 
then in chapter 12, once again Chrom tried to bench her but she convinces him to let her stay. 
it’s an Established precedent that Olivia will fight for her place in the army. 

yes all the brides do that. I’m not arguing that others don’t. I’m saying it’s in character for Olivia, Sully, and Robin. 
the meeting Lucina scene is in character for Olivia (and Robin since there is no suspect there) 

at the end of the day Olivia/Inigo points in the royal family keep tacking on. Yet you completely dismiss it because of a cutscene 

not to mention If Olivia has 7 points and Sumia has Max but hasn’t activated supports, Olivia wins. She has less points but more priority. 
The games coding isn’t as cut and dry. Which hardly matters because games often make the better content harder to unlock. It’s basically like a new game plus bonus 

I don't dismiss it because of a "cutscene" I dismiss it on the grounds of the game's code.

34 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I don't dismiss it because of a "cutscene" I dismiss it on the grounds of the game's code.

Okay. And Chrom and Olivia proved much more popular in Japan anyway, and IS put more care in the story for Inigo. The game could easily have purposefully made Olivia harder because they wanted it to be special. We don’t know their intentions with code so it’s meaningless