Who should I support?

I've been a fan of Fire Emblem for a bit now and have decided to go back and play some older games. A friend of mine recommended sacred stones because it's his favorite and is pretty user friendly. So far I've been really enjoying while it's a bit slower than I'm used to it's still fun. However I learned recently that your supports are very limited giving you only 5. I plan on playing the game twice so I can get Erika's and Emphrams split so I can get more supports. I've already got Erika and Seth's C support before knowing this but the rest are up for grabs so I wanna know whos supports are some really good must sees! (try not to spoil them)

I agree with your friend, Sacred Stones is pretty great! It's my second-favourite.

Good supports;

Eirika and Saleh's are pretty good; you learn about the history of Magvel a little bit.

Knoll and Natasha or Duessel. Both of these are very interesting. Knoll's supports are generally pretty good.

Dozla and Myrrh can be a bit funny

Cormag has some good supports; I think the Natasha ones are good? I can't remember that well, but I do recall them being pretty solid.

People find Gilliam and Syrene cute.

Franz and Amelia's supports aren't bad at all.

Amelia and Duessel is also pretty good.

It's been a while since I've actually read the supports, though.

• Eirika/Forde - I think they have a great chemistry. I like Forde in general and think that most of his supports are worth a look.
  • I agree with Benice that Amelia/Duessel is great.
  • L'Arachel and Dozla both have very funny supports throughout. I believe I liked L'Arachel/Eirika and Dozla/Ewan (very wholesome!) in particular.
  • Cormag/Artur is another nice and wholesome one.

All purely based on their writing, not gameplay - not all of those characters are that great in gameplay.

3 minutes ago, ping said:

Dozla/Ewan (very wholesome!) in particular.

Ooh, I forgot that one! Dozla's supports are quite humorous in general.

Personally, some standout supports are Eirika/Seth, Franz/Amelia, Forde/Vanessa, and Joshua/Natasha. I also like Kyle/Syrene and Gerik/Tethys. I'll warn you, though, some of these characters are not that good in gameplay.

I find Forde X Eirika, Innes X Vanessa and Gerik X Marisa are pairings I like, but let's not forget the masterpiece that is the Duessel and Amelia support. Best platonic ending for that pairing, hands down.

My favorite support in the GBA era was Joshua/Natasha, especially if you follow Eirika route.  

Spoiler

Joshua plays much bigger story relevance in that route. 

Other good supports are: Ephraim/Tana or L'Arachel or Tana/Cormag, and Colm/Neimi (if you are for the childhood lovers).