A question about pregnancy

James Marshall

I have a question about pregnancy in Fire Emblem's Genealogy of The Holy War. Can you help?

Am I the only person that thinks that due to of the risk of miscarriage potentially causing The , hopefully temporary, extinction of a Major Holy Blood Line that whether A Child has Major or Minor Holy Blood is decided at Birth rather then when he or she

the answer is it's a video game mechanic and doesn't really work if you fully deconstruct it no matter whether it's assigned at conception or birth or somewhere in between*; if the child is born with major blood, and then a child is born with minor blood, and then the major blood child dies tragically young, there's no blood upgrade.

if the only son of a major bloodline is born without testicles, that's it.

* i now have a vision in my head of ethlyn in a modern hospital crooning over the little brand fetal leif is starting to develop fuck me

1 hour ago, Integrity said:

the answer is it's a video game mechanic and doesn't really work if you fully deconstruct it no matter whether it's assigned at conception or birth or somewhere in between*; if the child is born with major blood, and then a child is born with minor blood, and then the major blood child dies tragically young, there's no blood upgrade.

if the only son of a major bloodline is born without testicles, that's it.

* i now have a vision in my head of ethlyn in a modern hospital crooning over the little brand fetal leif is starting to develop fuck me

sounds like crusader kings all over again

Like Integrity said, it's a video game mechanic. It's not really meant to be investigated into further with the context of real world problems and situations.

However, on the note of the extinction of a major holy blood holder...

Spoiler

Julius is the only known holder of major Loptous holy blood. He was conceived from the combination of two individuals who held minor Loptous holy blood, and two minor holy blood holders can conceive a major holy blood holder. Since Julius is defeated at the end of the game, from what we know, Loptous holy blood pretty much goes extinct.

You can also do this on the player's end. If you pair Ayra and Holyn (who both hold minor Od holy blood), then Ayra's kids will both have major Od holy blood.

Anyway, the firstborn child of a major holy blood holder will also have major holy blood, so if the major holy blood isn't passed on, that's it (unless two holders of the same minor holy blood get together). 

thank you for coming to my ted talk

1 hour ago, James Marshall said:

Ooops sorry I meant to when he or she conceived

thanks james. i dont think its real but if it was you could just make two people with minor blood shag if you were really desperate for someone to be able to read a cool book or hold a cool stick

This is now my favorite topic on this forum.

I'm not sure about Jugdral holy blood, but for Fodlan crests, I say there can be carriers who got a lower percentage of the crest gene, like someone carrying the gene for blue eyes or something.

2 hours ago, saucegoblin said:

i dont think its real but if it was you could just make two people with minor blood shag if you were really desperate for someone to be able to read a cool book or hold a cool stick

Do holy weapons in Jugdral hurt the wielder if they don't have the right holy blood or turn them into monsters like Fodlan relics?

18 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Do holy weapons in Jugdral hurt the wielder if they don't have the right holy blood or turn them into monsters like Fodlan relics?

If you don't have major holy blood then you are unable to wield the holy weapon it corresponds to (you also have to be in a class that can use said weapon).

28 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

You see when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much then they give birth to the anti-christ and then their bloodline dies. The end.

And they lived happily ever after.

1 hour ago, DarthR0xas said:

You see when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much then they give birth to the anti-christ and then their bloodline dies. The end.

You missed the part where mommy and daddy are also auntie and uncle and then their weird, creepy friend who's a part of a cult comes to your house to give you the Necronomicon.