How long do you think the wait will be until the next new Fire Emblem game is announced?

Corrobin

I think next year's E3 would have given us our first anouncement but nothing more then that. The statement that it exist and perhaps a logo. From then on it be about a 2,5 year wait with a possibly delay too. 

I'm not expecting to see a new FE soon. With corona messing everything up I expect to see it even later then I suspect. 

I'm expecting another game either late this year or early next year. It's gonna be a remake, probably of FE6 but I've heard convincing arguments for FE4 and 9. I'm fine with anything. For the next original FE game, probably 2-3 years before we hear anything on that.

I imagine we might get a bit of details in a few months, perhaps a cinematic trailer at best but not more.

Unless they have been working on a remake alongside Three House, I really doubt they would have any gameplay to show us.

Edited by Nym

Leaving out the minutiae of months because I didn't want to as much in calculations, on average, a mainline FE has released every 1.93 years.

Not sure how this correlates to announcements, but it could be few months and sometime this summer, or it could be closer to its release date next year with less than half-dozen month before release. I would think it could depend based on whether it's a remake or a new game, unless IS is tossing the kitchen sink into crafting it, I do not believe that a remake would generate as much hype and sales as a brand new game, and so IS would delay the announcement for longer.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Unless it's another Echoes where they've been cooking it under the wraps and it's on the last hour, I'm not expecting anything until next year.

Hoping for a remake next, a release either at the end of this year or spring next year seems doable (right?). Which means the next new game wouldn't be announced until next year at the earliest, for release in 2022. Hoping for more Fódlan.

5 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

4 days from today 

2 hours ago, Faustino said:

20 years from now

The prophets have spoken!

Jokes aside, I'd expect a small tease alongside announcements of other Nintendo games (like in a Direct, but we've been severely dehydrated from those; I don't expect Nintendo to satiate that thirst anytime soon), or something special for the 30th anniversary.

As for what it could be, my guess is that it'll be a remake (although I wouldn't mind a port of the Tellius saga if that's what cookin').

My wishful thinking, they'll have a new announcement before September. It's either a FE9 port, which will be in store immediately, or it's a remake planned for 2021, but we'll get it 2022.

I guess it would all depend on whether the next game's a remake/remaster or a brand new game. In either case, I actually hope that they don't announce it too early. I'm honestly hoping that it gets announced sometime between September 2020 and April 2021. 

Man..what the hell is wrong with you all? We JUST got Three Houses which was released several months ago(and yes, a year has not passed yet since its release) You know the amount of time it takes to make the basic things that FE games need right?

Like...oh idk..Story? Characterization? Gameplay? All that takes a hell lot of time especially making AI enemies. That sort of thing like needs time to make and that takes years.

Like even though Fates and Echoes used Awakening's game engine, it took three years for Fates to be released and two extra years for Echoes to be released which both used a modified game engine from Awakening. With the effort they brought in Three Houses which took them four years to develop. 

Even if IS were to start making a new game, I'd most likely take two years and WON'T be released this year and next. Get a life.

Edited by Harvey

25 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Man..what the hell is wrong with you all? We JUST got Three Houses which was released several months ago(and yes, a year has not passed yet since its release) You know the amount of time it takes to make the basic things that FE games need right?

Like...oh idk..Story? Characterization? Gameplay? All that takes a hell lot of time especially making AI enemies. That sort of thing like needs time to make and that takes years.

Like even though Fates and Echoes used Awakening's game engine, it took three years for Fates to be released and two extra years for Echoes to be released which both used a modified game engine from Awakening. With the effort they brought in Three Houses which took them four years to develop. 

Even if IS were to start making a new game, I'd most likely take two years and WON'T be released this year and next. Get a life.

Koei Tecmo developed Three Houses, not IS. We do not know what IS has been working on. 

5 hours ago, Harvey said:

I agree with this. Three houses just came out relatively soon, so we mustn't get greedy with these games, and grow entitled and shallow with our own wants and desires.