How long do you think the wait will be until the next new Fire Emblem game is announced?

Corrobin

4 hours ago, Harvey said:

IS co developed the game so they technically developed alongside it.

Press releases indicate that it was largely a consulting role, with KT doing a majority of the coding work. Regardless, the result is freed up personnel for IS. 

Now, that doesn't mean that it will be a Fire Emblem. It could be a Paper Mario. It could be an Advanced Wars (but let's not kid ourselves). And if it is a Fire Emblem, it is likely a smaller project like a remake or an HD remaster. 

If they're coming out with a remake, then maybe sometime later this year or next year they'll announce one. Otherwise it'll be a couple years before they announce a new game. The Switch is probably going to be out for a while, but they should still try to take advantage of it while they can. I was impressed by how many games Fire Emblem has come out with since Fates (I'm talking about spin-offs too obviously). Let's see if they can bring a bunch more stuff out again, we can only hope.

Edit: I could also see a new crossover game come out within the next year or two. A Fire Emblem Warriors 2 or something new. I can't think of who they could do a crossover with. Well, I think something with Square Enix would honestly be perfect.

Edited by SSbardock84

3H just came out not even a year ago. I wanna say like, 9 months ago? It was a pretty hefty game too, so I'm not really expecting another main series FE anytime soon.
I'll admit, a remake, a remaster, or a spinoff for the 30th anniversary would be pretty nice too, but I don't wanna be greedy about it. 

7 hours ago, wrenren7 said:

3H just came out not even a year ago. I wanna say like, 9 months ago? It was a pretty hefty game too, so I'm not really expecting another main series FE anytime soon.
I'll admit, a remake, a remaster, or a spinoff for the 30th anniversary would be pretty nice too, but I don't wanna be greedy about it. 

The thing is, IS didn't develop 3H. They gave their directors and writers to Koei Tecmo to consult for the game while KT made it.

That's why people think it's pretty probable that IS was also developing their own FE while KT muscled through 3H, since IS hasn't released a major project themselves for quite a while. Could also be a Paper Mario project, but IS has largely been MIA for a while.

Edited by Slumber

10 hours ago, Slumber said:

The thing is, IS didn't develop 3H. They gave their directors and writers to Koei Tecmo to consult for the game while KT made it.

That's why people think it's pretty probable that IS was also developing their own FE while KT muscled through 3H, since IS hasn't released a major project themselves for quite a while. Could also be a Paper Mario project, but IS has largely been MIA for a while.

Ooh, I didn't know that. If that's the case, I can't wait to see what it is they're working on