Special Heroes: The Start of It All

NSSKG151

28 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I'm just not convinced they're going to be that generous so I'm keeping my expectations low. If they decide to rerun them in a way that won't reset the focus rate, then great. But who knows, they've shown that they do whatever they want so anything's possible.

It's not a matter of generosity, it's a matter of creating banners people will want to pull for. Rerunning the demotes at a normal 3% rate is way worse than the demote rate they've already been available at, which is especially significant if we can expect them to become available at that demote rate again on the seasonal revivals. Why waste a slot on a Double Special Heroes banner on that?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm... remember the 4* focus banners, where there were like 12 or so 4* heroes who had much higher summoning rates than other heroes, and could appear as 5* to?

They might bring the 4* heroes back in one of those come 4th anniversary, since there aren't many other banners it'd make sense to put them into.

Edited by Xenomata

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... remember the 4* focus banners, where there were like 12 or so 4* heroes who had much higher summoning rates than other heroes, and could appear as 5* to?

They might bring the 4* heroes back in one of those come 4th anniversary, since there aren't many other banners it'd make sense to put them into.

Those would be cool, but for whatever reason they seem to have decided they aren't interested in continuing them. I'm not sure why.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Those would be cool, but for whatever reason they seem to have decided they aren't interested in continuing them. I'm not sure why.

maybe those 4* banners didn't make money, so IntSys removed them right away.

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

maybe those 4* banners didn't make money, so IntSys removed them right away.

Plausible enough, since they were all common units anyway. A lot of people were hoping for them to try them with less common units, but that never happened. The seasonal demotes seem to be their foray back into that. 

On 4/21/2020 at 2:34 PM, Othin said:

It's not a matter of generosity, it's a matter of creating banners people will want to pull for. Rerunning the demotes at a normal 3% rate is way worse than the demote rate they've already been available at, which is especially significant if we can expect them to become available at that demote rate again on the seasonal revivals. Why waste a slot on a Double Special Heroes banner on that?

People pull for different reasons so there's going to be someone out there who would pull for the 4* focus seasonal characters on Double Special Heroes banner. Sure, it's worse rates than the dedicated rerun banners but these characters are still potential characters they can put on Double Special Heroes banners. It makes sense to choose units that are more appealing but they might not skip the 4* focus seasonal characters so I'm just accounting for that.  

3 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

People pull for different reasons so there's going to be someone out there who would pull for the 4* focus seasonal characters on Double Special Heroes banner. Sure, it's worse rates than the dedicated rerun banners but these characters are still potential characters they can put on Double Special Heroes banners. It makes sense to choose units that are more appealing but they might not skip the 4* focus seasonal characters so I'm just accounting for that.  

Some people would, but while we can't know for sure, I don't think it's likely for IS to expect the number to be high enough to be worthwhile.

37 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

A good thing to do would be put these 4* Seasonals in the Double Special 4* pool.

So you would be summoning for Halloween Hector or Dancer Ishtar and you would have a chance to get a 4* Valentine Conrad, for example.

I feel like that's what they'll end up doing~