Special Heroes: The Start of It All

NSSKG151

8 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Also, Baby Minerva is sooo WRONG! She should be riding a pegasus, not a wyvern! 

That's what I said. I'm not sure why they gave her a wyvern at all when even in Heroes she mentions that she had a Pegasus in the past. Why make such a blatant contradiction/inconsistency?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm early for a change!

Marth looks great, which says a lot since he's the demote! His weapon is great and he'll do well with DC and his prf special is pretty nice as well.

Caeda is utterly busted. Effective damage against half of the physical cast and innate vantage against them plus a damage/bulk increasing B skill. Note that the Vantage against everyone else has the HP requirement but against those she has effective damage against it procs at FULL HEALTH. Just unfair. Oh and she has DC cause screw you. She actually makes Marth look like a bad pitybreaker which is saying something. She'll die to Matthew, but that's about it.

Merric looks top notch too. no understanding for why his younger self would be so strong and his older self would be so crappy. Cause reasons I guess. The combination of his kit and weapon effectively makes him a firesweep mage. Good luck baiting him if you aren't faster. And likely you won't be as he'll probably be min-maxed and have a superboon in spd.

Whitewings are ironically the most tame in my eyes. They're designed to be an absolute terror in the players hands and in flier teams but likely underwhelming everywhere else. It's scary to think of what @BoaFerox's AR team would look like with these three on the frontlines. *shivers*

Smol Minerva looks fine, though from what I'm hearing she's canonically incorrect. Hopefully she has a prf since everyone else does.

I want everyone but the whitewings actually. Probably not going to go hard on the banner as I... literally can't but I'll probably pull everything except blue and colorless. Also seasonal *4's don't go into the general pool so grab Marth here while you can, I'll be trying to get at least one copy during the tempest. Overall good banner, good seasonal banner. Since there's no inherent theme I wonder why these couldn't just be New Heroes like Adrift.

43 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

>triple heroes, basically

Loooool

Since this is Merric's first alt, this apparently means he got weaker as he got older, lol

It's ok I lost all trust in FEH power levels being canon back in 2018

Aaaaaanyway I'm not thrilled about Catria being on the banner, she's one of the last people I wanted to appear, but at least she comes with her sisters and liege and it's cute so that softens it a bit.

Oh yeah, looking closer at Caeda now, I think she's far too OP. Effective against a majority of the units in the game, has Distant Counter, AND a Vantage effect? Wtf was IS thinking here?

Trio Heroes are a thing now? Gwendolyn in line for an alt now? How about Oscar-Boyd-Rolf? Sigurd-Quan-Eldigan? Revelation Azura and a BR Male and CQ Female Corrin united across the dimensions (or Heirs of Fate Shigure with the two Kanas)? Trios open doors.

Why are people saying Palla is a trio unit when she isn't? She's still being called a duo unit, even if she actually has two other characters with her rather than one.

Cute banner. I'm low on orbs so I'll probably won't pull much, but I'd love to get that Ultra-broken Caeda.

For those wondering why Minerva is not on a Pegasus. She's notably older than the other characters in the banner, so she's probably not young enough to be in her Pegasus Knight days. I'm going to guess this is "Just got given her Wyvern" Minerva.

3 minutes ago, trainer_derp said:

Apparently Caeda is effective against 290 different heroes, which is about 60% of all heroes in the game. What the frick I$.

That's utter bogus. C'mon, IS, you're really gonna make someone THAT incredibly busted? She's gonna be a pain in every single mode in the game, adding to an already good number of pains. Yikes yikes and more yikes.

Caeda better have like shit attack to make up for her weapon

By shit attack, I mean like anywhere in the 24-28 range.

Wow. My reaction to this surprises me. I thought I'd be overjoyed, but... I mean, I'm not even a competitive player, but... This powercreep is just crazy. And I guess I like the nod to old-style generic mages and their weird hat-hood-things? But...it...looks dumb... And...I don't know.... Didn't think they'd include triple heroes like that. At least Minerva wasn't completely passed over? I'd much rather have young Michalis than the Whitewings. And...I don't know... I guess the voicing sounds like adults trying to sound young to me. I hope we get more kids banners in the future since I love kid units, but without so much powercreep. It's like everyone got weaker as they neared adulthood. Also, I'm fairly indifferent about half the characters and kind of dislike most of the others. Minerva, you're my last hope. Maybe this banner will do well and in the future, there will be kid versions of characters I already like. 🙂 As it is, I'm not sure what to do with this. Going to look at it positively, though!

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Trio Heroes are a thing now? Gwendolyn in line for an alt now? How about Oscar-Boyd-Rolf? Sigurd-Quan-Eldigan? Revelation Azura and a BR Male and CQ Female Corrin united across the dimensions (or Heirs of Fate Shigure with the two Kanas)? Trios open doors.

What about Nolan with Edward and Leonardo? 

Small mitigation in that DC doesn't synergise at all with the melee weapon effectiveness I guess? Wonder how many people will replace it.

Anyway, I don't typically go for cutesy, but I might be contractually obligated to pull for the Trio. I don't even have a Duo hero yet, figures. But that'd mean unless I get above average luck, the Golden Week Hero Fest might have to be written off and that'd suck. If there was the guaranteed 5* summon here that'd cancel out the Hero Fest rate but alas.

Oh Naga, they're all busted. I wanted to save more, but I have to get at least one of them. Caeda's weapon makes me think they might introduce stuff like Swordcatcher from Fates. If I had more Orbs, summoning for Marths wouldn't be too bad because he's a pretty good unit for Arena modes. I don't really care for Astram and Itsuki is going to take a while.

34 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

That's utter bogus. C'mon, IS, you're really gonna make someone THAT incredibly busted? She's gonna be a pain in every single mode in the game, adding to an already good number of pains. Yikes yikes and more yikes.

Yeah, but only in the PvP modes all of which were already various degrees of cancerous anyways. Since she's a Special Hero, she'll thankfully not be able to show up in Tempest Trials, Forging Bonds, Hall of Forms, etc.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I just hope that there are some clear weaknesses beyond blue (Firesweep) archers.

Midori says hi.  Unless Caeda's Atk is sky-high, she should have no issues tanking the first hit and counter-killing.  After that, hack out your favorite dagger unit.  Depending on her defenses, maybe Rath can pull it off (and I mean it REALLY depends, since he'll have WTD, but he can always go for a Brave Bow for a little help).

26 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Small mitigation in that DC doesn't synergise at all with the melee weapon effectiveness I guess? Wonder how many people will replace it.

It's to troll colorless bows.

---

This banner annoys me.  It's not the units as fighting characters (I can work around them).  It's the lines that they're saying.  WHY are they saying things that came out of their mouths when they were way older?  UGH, at least try to put some effort into the script writing!

. . .ahem.

Now, as for units, Marth/Merric look like an interesting support duo.  My solution to Caeda will be to run some numbers, because her Atk is probably going to be mediocre (<30, hopefully).  The Whitewings look like they'll be the biggest issue, since they can dive and do the Brave thing.  Wonder how well they'd do with Galeforce?

And lastly, Minerva.  I'll reserve judgment until after she's released.  I'm personally hoping for a green flier with good speed.

Oh my god, this is the best banner! I want them all!

Marth is the 4* demote? Perfect. He's the one I want the most, and he's so damn cute. Bless Wada Sachiko.

Caeda is too good but I couldn't care less because it's CAEDA.

Was not expecting Merric, but here he is! Look at his dorky hat, he's adorable! I'm so glad he finally has an alt.

The Whitewings all in one? Sign me up! Makes sense that Palla is leading as she is the oldest. They're so cute, I love them so much.

Is that a free Minerva I see? Yesss. Like others have said, she should be riding a pegasus, but what can you do, eh? Can't wait to see what she looks like.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Why are people saying Palla is a trio unit when she isn't? She's still being called a duo unit, even if she actually has two other characters with her rather than one.

I said it as a joke. Didn't you see al the Lols in my post?

If people are saying she's a Trio unit as a legit real thing... well, I don't really know what to say about that... Lols?

Just now, Xenomata said:

I said it as a joke. Didn't you see al the Lols in my post?

If people are saying she's a Trio unit as a legit real thing... well, I don't really know what to say about that... Lols?

Well, my bad, but tbh you're not the only person I've seen call them a trio unit. I think there was another post or two in this thread that called them a trio and I saw Twitter comments saying they're a trio too.

It's because their title calls them the "Whitewing Trio" and because they're basically three units presenting as one unit despite being called a "duo". Basically, it's just a joke. Why are you so hung up on this?

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, my bad, but tbh you're not the only person I've seen call them a trio unit. I think there was another post or two in this thread that called them a trio and I saw Twitter comments saying they're a trio too.

They're a trio because it's three people.

They're a duo because it's a Duo Unit per the game's rules.

They're a solo because they're a single summonable unit.

Call them whatever. Who cares?

Oh, headcanon time~!

The reason why their Duo skill is +1 MOV to flying units is because Est pooped her diaper, Catria needs to change it, and Palla's warning only reached units that were on her level.  😛

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Honestly. . .it's people poking fun at the unit.  No need to take it seriously~!

The bad thing about Caeda is that she is effective against 60% of the cast and there is no skill that nullifies effectivness against Sword Lance Axe or Bow? lol
She will prolly also sport high RES just like her regular self makeing it even hard for mages or Dragons to kill her.

The good thing about her is that due to her Damage output and lack of special cooldown charge she will suck as a Galeforce unit lol

Well at least she cant do anything about Dagger unit, which in general have sooooooo much Attack to kill her right away... right right right??!
Or colored bows that are plentifull present!

Trying to think about how long I'd have to wait before these heroes appear on a double seasonal banner. It'll be a while, but interesting there's a chance the Whitewing Trio will be reunited with the fourth Whitewing when that does happen. Unless I missed a banner, the next double seasonal will start with Nino and Alfonse, Then Rudolf and Est/Narcian, then Est/Narcian and the Trio. I'm inclined to think they won't run double Est, so...

That said, we don't know if 4* seasonal heroes are eligible for these banners yet, so it's possible they'd get skipped over. We won't find out until Conrad shows up or is skipped over.

Red: Zephiel + Anna, Conrad (if eligible) + Idunn

Green: Sothis + Lethe, Alm + Fir

Grey: Marth + Selkie, Faye + ??? (some sort of re-run I guess, Laevatein?)