Special Heroes: The Start of It All

NSSKG151

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two and a Half Women for a duo hero? Imagining Catria chasing after Palla who is riding a pegasus knight while carrying kid Est is pretty hilarious.

Kid Marth having Rapier while also being 4* summonable is interesting. Phina has Dance and her offenses or really, her overall stat spread is good with her 40 HP, 35 Atk, 37 Spd, 26 Def, and 23 Res, but kid Marth has Hero's Blood and being a regular infantry unit means he has regular melee infantry BST, so at least around 172 BST. Everyone being kids makes me wonder if trainee BST could be justified for them. Regardless, kid Marth gained 13 damage from Hero's Blood, so he had at least 44 Spd in that instance of combat; 44 * 0.3 = 13.2. Rapier grants Spd+3 and he has Spd/Def Oath which if active, would give him +5 to his speed for a turn. That means his speed is around 36 to 41. At the lowest, it's one point less than Phina and equal to his legendary Hero-King self.

I was wondering when we would get another unit with Windsweep or Watersweep and if they would introduce the fourth tier version. Kid Merric is our third unit with Windsweep which is something, I guess. Watersweep is still Soren-only and it would be interesting to see a fourth tier of the two skills if at least to see the Byleths and kind of regular Mareeta wreak even more havoc with them.

Like others, I would have liked to see kid Minerva ride her adorable pegasus. I hope she is at least like her older self because there is no reason for her to end up being gen 4 Cherche, kind of Michalis, Gerome, and Haar because freaking really. And we still do not have a new axe flier in the regular summoning pool. Considering they are giving her an unknown, possibly personal axe, they probably could have sold her on the banner as one of the few new axe fliers we've gotten and one that hopefully would not be a slow, bulky axe flier and have kid Marth as the TT unit as crazy as a grail unit with Rapier and his personal special would be. This is just me, but a copy of Basilikos for kid Minerva would be pretty interesting considering it would be a L&D weapon on a flier where even if she had the same 31/33 offenses as her regular self, she'd be a worse Raven in offensive stats, but with flier movement to compensate.

Edited by Kaden

TSOITA!Caeda is not powercreeping any Counter-Vantage unit. She lacks of access to Special Spiral and Null C-Disrupt, and Effective damage is not good enough. She lacks consistency, and consistency is key; at best, she is comparable to Blade mages, being less vulnerable to Panic at the cost of being less effective against key enemies. Phina is still better than her, not because her Weapon is better, but because she got access to key skills. That said, I will still try to summon her, although I am leaning more towards a Player Phase build for her.

TSOITA!Marth is in a better position as a Counter-Vantage unit since he does have access to Special Spiral and Null C-Disrupt.

TSOITA!Merric got consistency issues if he is being used as a regular nuke since he does not work too well with Desperation. Should be fine as a Blazing mage.

TSOITA!Palla is nice. She will be my guaranteed summon. She seems even better than DM!Ephraim for a Galeforce team, as fliers have better mobility and she can reuse her Duo Skill.

So Trio heroes are a thing now. The real powercreep folks. And they know what they're doing, putting it as the header.

So we get a banner full of DD units. No Jagen sadly, but we see Marth first (Still not Pantsless) with Rapier (Ah, I see Feena robbed it before Mystery) Hero's Blood (Boosts damage by 30% of Spd. Grants +4 to all stats to unit + allies), Chill Def and Spd/Def Oath. Caeda is a flying sword (No Wing Spear. :() with Feather Sword (Ganks so many units, +3 Atk, gets vantage at 75% HP or if enemy is a unit she's effective against), Moonbow, DC (She's slow, right?), Belief in Love (If for initiates/has 100% HP they lose 5 Atk/Def) and Joint Hone Atk (Okay, that's a unit). Next is Merric as a useful unit with Winds of Change (SC -1, Flying effectiveness, if unit has 50%+ HP or has a buff, gets Atk/Spd +5 and Null Follow-Up. I think I put forward a similar weapon in the past but this is more busted.), Righteous Wind (Boosts damage by 30% of Spd. Heals unit and allies by 10 after combat), Swift Sparrow 3, Windsweep 3 (A unit with this has come again) and Distant Guard 3. Finally we have the kid Whitewings with Whitedown Spear (Atk +3, if there at least 3 fliers on side, when initiating unit gets a follow up and foe gets -4 Atk/Def and if there's two in 2 spaces gets the brave effect (I think regular Est does fine thanks)), Reposition, Mirror Impact Chill Atk/Spd 2 and Goad Fliers (So it's still Palla I see :P. Also the chill has Est and Catria's debuff stats even if it's chill now)

Minerva's a TT unit, so at least we get that. She also looks to have a Prf. Then again, everyone here does. Where my non-prfs at? This is an amazing and awful banner. And no free 5*? For shame IS.

I want a Catria. Catria best whitewing and I promised myself I’d get every alt of her. So at some point I’ll get to this one too. Luckily the banner is long, so ample time to see what golden week brings.

37 minutes ago, XRay said:

TSOITA!Caeda is not powercreeping any Counter-Vantage unit. She lacks of access to Special Spiral and Null C-Disrupt, and Effective damage is not good enough. She lacks consistency, and consistency is key; at best, she is comparable to Blade mages, being less vulnerable to Panic at the cost of being less effective against key enemies. Phina is still better than her, not because her Weapon is better, but because she got access to key skills. That said, I will still try to summon her, although I am leaning more towards a Player Phase build for her.

Special Spiral is a must on units who can have access to powerful specials, such as a high Def unit with Bonfire, or who have reliable access to AoE specials; Null C-Disrupt is necessary on an enemy-phase unit who will commonly be facing foes with Firesweep or Dazzling weapons and skills. Caeda, if you ask me, does not fit either criteria.

She is automatically forfeit from the AoE special thing due to lack of a Slaying effect, and while we don't know what her Def will be, we can take guesses for now based on the trailer and her past incarnations, which have laughable Def stats, and her Res will largely depend on how high her Attack and Speed will be, which right now is hard to guess given the foe she is facing, a Lance Cav, in the trailer (she's at a Triangle disadvantage, we don't know the skills the Cav has aside from a Silver Lance, and Cav units have trash Speed, even a mid-Spd unit could outpace them). Keep in mind that the current highest BST possessed by a summonable Flier with no additional BST multipliers is 167 from Spring Narcian, Spring Fir, and Tsubasa. I'd count Lilith, but I think she might have a Trainee boost... either way, my point will stand that 2-cooldown Specials are not worth running Special Spiral with. They don't add enough damage to justify the B slot.

While Firesweep Axes are too rare and new to be considered a reliable factor, if you ask me there are currently not enough units in the game right now who can both take advantage of a Firesweep weapon AND don't already have a powerful Prf to back them up (Roderick, in this case, is a dirty cheater who simply has a Firesweep Lance prf). Tier 20-21 might just be different from lower tiers, but I don't see any units with Firesweep weapons at all. Lastly, she has to worry about Staff units with Dazzling weapons, which would normally be a viable worry, but her primary intended targets are Swords, Lances, Axes, and Bows (also armors). Say what you want, I'm not counting Staff units as one of her worries.

...also she has a Prf skill in the B slot, so the average player probably wouldn't replace it anyway even if given the opportunity.

37 minutes ago, XRay said:

TSOITA!Palla is nice. She will be my guaranteed summon.

Do we even know if Special Hero banners count for the guaranteed summon? This is a Special Heroes banner after all.

@Dayni I honestly can't tell if you're being serious right now. For what it's worth, she is a Duo hero with Catria as the secondary hero.

Edited by Xenomata

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@Dayni I honestly can't tell if you're being serious right now. For what it's worth, she is a Duo hero with Catria as the secondary hero.

Not really.

I understand it's duo from a gameplay perspective, but Est is also there, why would I not mention that?

Edited by Dayni

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But having the Whitewings trio as a single unit now lets me field 6 Whitewings at once.

Oh. Or you can make a team with Minerva, Maria, Michalis and all 3 of the Whitewing sisters. Maria would be the only grounded unit, sure, but at least it's better than "I want to field the M-redheads but there's that awkward empty spot on the team I don't know how to fill." I guess I could put Cherche in there (for other Minerva), but that's a bit weird.

I have never even touched the Archanea games (something I should do I guess). So I don't really care much for the characters.

• Unit wise red is out as I don't need any counter vantage sword especially when I have Altina and though Marth has skill accessibility and Caeda has insta vantage against those foes I don't think them as necessary.
  • Whitewings are pretty scary when conditions are met but the thing is I don't use flying teams nearly at all and after using Naga for such a long time, I  think the 2 range weapons a way too limited especially for fliers that have such a nice mobility. I could potentially use her in Astra seasons as a galeforce unit but she truly isn't necessary when Cordelia can do nearly the same stuff with her lance and her high spd.
  • Merric is the only one that is remotely instresting due to his weapon and special working together nicely. Also I have a spare -Atk Igrene meaning if get lucky with a +Atk version I will run him as a AOE nuke with the 3 WoM Dancers and Atk opening. However if I had any other slaying tome I wouldn't be that interested into him so I am reluctant about that.
  • Minerva could be nice as she is free however I have lots of green enemy phase units and even galeforce (Edelgard) so whatever she comes with I doubt it will do much for me. 

So essentially I grab all the free orbs and maybe depending on stats spend 20 orbs or something on green. Or just break my pity rate in the rev banner and start saving. 

Edited by SuperNova125

Hm... Special Spiral and Wrath+Time's Pulse on Marth is a thing that I could do...

And at least Palla's lance only works on player's phase, so may not be that hard to deal with her.

Also, Palla has 167 BST (considered 180 because she is a Trio Duo Hero), with 40 HP, 39 Atk (Weapon has 16 Mt + 3 Atk, for a total of 58), 31 Spd, 33 Def and 24 Res. These stats can be seen in the trailer, during the Duo Skill part.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... Special Spiral and Wrath+Time's Pulse on Marth is a thing that I could do...

And at least Palla's lance only works on player's phase, so may not be that hard to deal with her.

Also, Palla has 167 BST (considered 180 because she is a Trio Duo Hero), with 40 HP, 39 Atk (Weapon has 16 Mt + 3 Atk, for a total of 58), 31 Spd, 33 Def and 24 Res. These stats can be seen in the trailer, during the Duo Skill part.

Her brave effect is Pp, her auto double is PP and EP if I read that correctly.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Her brave effect is Pp, her auto double is PP and EP if I read that correctly.

Hm... you may be right. The Brave effect is in a different sentence. She still looks easier to deal with than Caeda.

Also, I just noticed that with her B skill she is a moving Bright Shrine.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

TSOITA!Marth is in a better position as a Counter-Vantage unit since he does have access to Special Spiral and Null C-Disrupt.

TSOITA!Merric got consistency issues if he is being used as a regular nuke since he does not work too well with Desperation. Should be fine as a Blazing mage.

TSOITA!Palla is nice. She will be my guaranteed summon. She seems even better than DM!Ephraim for a Galeforce team, as fliers have better mobility and she can reuse her Duo Skill.

Guarantued summons also apply to special heroes banners? I thought they said new heroes banners. Hmm...

It would interest me too if the free 5* focus for 40 summons applies to this banner as well.

I thought it only applies to New Heroes banners combined with the summoming tickets from forging bonds.

It's crucial for me, wether I will pull or not.

As much as I despise powercreep on alts, I am almost tempted to go for Caeda.

Edited by Falcom Knight

OMG they look so adorable!

And hey technically we have 50% male and 50% female representation on the banner, so that's nice.

I will try for the whitewings, don't care if Caeda is better or not, they are a priority. Did you guys hear the "I believe in you Palla!" in the trailer? I can't betray that line. Especially since I couldn't get Spring!Est.

Speaking of which, we now have 3 Catrias, 3 Pallas and 2 Ests... poor baby... always left behind.

Oh well at least she is on par with her liege Minerva, which was long overdue for an alt.

Maybe I'm weird but I'm more excited about the special interactions that can be done with the kids than anything else. Other than the fan-made content I thought about at least two comics they could do with this batch of Heroes.

One with baby Marth meeting the various Tikis who are excited to play hide-and-seek (or any other game) with a Mar-Mar that is small and less serious. They could also make adult Tiki looking after them with tears of joy in her eyes.

The other involving little Palla giving little Est a piggyback ride around Askr when they suddendly meet Abel who is understandably shocked. (first panel) But then he starts to imagine a future after the war in which he has married Est and their daughter looks exactly like little Est. (second panel)

Wanting to get a taste of his happy future, Abel offers to give Est the piggyback ride so that Palla can rest a little and Est gets to feel even taller. (third panel).

Now this is already a really cute comic for the casuals and an heartbreaking one for those who have the context.

But do you really think it's tragic enough? Come on it's the 30th anniversary, we have to correctly celebrate Kaga's neverending cruelty 😉

So in the 4th panel we can see Palla looking at Est and Abel with a sad smile. She feeks happy for Est, while thinking at the same time about how she feels envy for her a little bit. She would really like to be the youngest sibling and get a piggyback ride from the cool and kind random knight they just met. But alas, she can't think such things, she has to be strong and reliable for her sisters. "Making them happy will be my happiness".

If I made you sad and upset, you are welcome, that was the goal.