Special Heroes: The Start of It All

NSSKG151

Just now, Sunwoo said:

So is Caeda a bannable offense now?

I'll reserve judgment until her stats are out.  Perhaps she'll have an Atk stat that makes Odin proud.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'll reserve judgment until her stats are out.  Perhaps she'll have an Atk stat that makes Odin proud.

Get on Azama's level. He cannot even deal full damage without a Refine or skill!

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Inagine a base Atk stat and speed like Lysithea 

ashera almighty we're doomed unless you got a reinhardt or a legendary chrom 

Edited by Miminako

55 minutes ago, Miminako said:

Inagine a base Atk stat and speed like Lysithea 

ashera almighty we're doomed unless you got a reinhardt or a legendary chrom

Even with 40/40 offensive stat spread, it is not that bad. Blárblade mages and Reinhardt as you have mentioned can also easily put an end to her and those are the budget options. Firesweep archers, Ophelia, Igrene, CE!Chrom, Counter-Vantage units, etc. are more expensive options who can also deal with her effectively.

Considering the banner is going to be up for an entire month I probably shouldn't be in a rush to summon on the banner even though I would like to get everyone. It would probably be best for me to wait until I see what is on the May 8th banner before splurging on the child banner. If it is something like Awakening I might have to change my plans to only summon for at least Palla but hopefully it will end up being something like Tellius instead so I can easy ignore it and get everyone on the Special Hero banner.

54 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

I wonder if it would be better for Merric to run Watersweep instead. How common is DC, anyway?

It isn't only effective against DC. It applies to any physical weapon type, so it works on bows and daggers too.

52 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

I wonder if it would be better for Merric to run Watersweep instead. How common is DC, anyway?

Pretty common in armor stall teams, and stall teams in general. Not every stalling unit has it, but generally some portion of the stalling units have it. However, I would not worry about it too much since you can just have other nukes deal with problematic Enemy Phase units.

That said, I would give him both Sweeps anyways so you can adjust your teams and skill sets accordingly to the changing meta and see which Sweep you find more useful in general.

Spoiler

Palla's Spd at lv. 1 is the same as Marth and Minerva's, but at lv. 40, her Spd is 6 points lower. What.

Edited by Anacybele

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Palla's Spd at lv. 1 is the same as Marth and Minerva's, but at lv. 40, her Spd is 6 points lower. What.

Like any other FE game, FEH units have growth rates for each stat. This table is only partially updated for the new units but you can get an idea of what's going on by looking at it:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Growth_rate_table

EDIT: Palla's speed growth is 50%

Edited by Humanoid

54 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Datamined stats.

Hide contents

1f244uqfcwt41.png

Spoilers:

Spoiler

TSOIA!Palla is real nice! Got a super Asset in Atk. While +Atk is still best overall, I would not mind getting +Spd either though to help her quad.

TSOIA!Caeda is pretty decent and she got a super Asset in Spd, although her Atk feels kind of low for a Counter-Vantage. While she has a Counter-Vantage skill set, I think a cheap Player Phase skill set would probably suit her better.

TSOIA!Merric looks good stat wise. I think Merric might just be better off on an Enemy Phase team in general rather than a Player Phase team. The only Player Phase units that come to mind that really work well with him are Lewyn, SR!Laegjarn, and melee Galeforcers that eat counter attacks (Ephraim, Edelgard, etc.).

TSOIA!Marth looks pretty good. He has 1 more Atk than Phina. Phina got an edge in having a lower HP though.

TSOIA!Minerva looks really good. I think I am going to give her Life and Death to boost her Atk/Spd even more. She is basically +Atk SA!Innes.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe she got heavier as she gained more levels. The pegasus is carrying three people.

My hope is that the lack of trainee bonus on these units just spells the end of the entire concept altogether. At any rate though, knowing these stats doesn't change my plans at all, will just spend a token amount initially on blue then reconsider after Hero Fest is revealed. Unless of course we get surprised and the guaranteed 5* summon gets applied to Special Heroes banners. In the meantime I think I'm happy with Altina in Caeda's role, and Legendary Celica (and Nino) in Merric's role.

Minerva I'll struggle to justify fully merging just because she's a TT unit, but is certainly an instant +1. Would be an interesting Galeforce unit, though it'll be a shame to be forced to ditch her unique A-skill. A flier team consisting of three Galeforce units supported by Trio Palla giving them all three movement would certainly be entertaining.

@XRay Spoilers

Spoiler

About Caeda: I actually had a lot more to say about her days ago, but I got hung up trying to calculate her Atk from the info we had and I wound up sleeping on that post. But even now that we know her Atk won't be as high as we'd like it, I still think she has a solid niche as a unit who doesn't have to setup to trigger Vantage (on certain foes). Combined with the effective perma-Glimmer bonus, I think Caeda should still function just fine when going against her intended targets.
...though I think she'd have been better having a differently allocated Base Stat and Growth Point total, because she'd appreciate a Superboon in Atk a lot more than Spd in this case. Even if her Lv 40 Atk was kept the same, so she'd have 3 Atk at lv1 and gained 30 Atk leveling up, that'd still give her a little extra Atk by the end...

About Merric: Merric can also act as an offensive unit in a largely defensive team, who would appreciate the extra HP more than most offensive units anyway. He'd basically serve as a hyper-offensive unit with small levels of sustain compared to a staves more status and AoE-focused offenses and huge focus on support.

About Marth: Yeah don't compare Marth and Phina. Marth is Phina with slightly higher defensive stats, but not high enough that they actually mean anything. Marth has the advantage in being easier to summon, ergo more players will have him and be likelier to have him with a good Asset/Flaw, as well as the exclusive Special, while Phina has Dancer support, which there are so many ways that can work well for a team.

About Minerva: Honestly I think I'd keep Dragoon Shield on her myself. She has good Defense, at +10 with Dragoon Shield she sports 43 Def, and if Dragoon Axe is in play it becomes 47. She already has good Atk and Spd as well, so I think she'd be fine taking the extra defense against Bows.
...plus I just don't like wasting Prf skills like that if I can help it. And Dragoon Shield is Racist Fury + Iotes Shield, I see no reason to drop it myself.

Overall, Minerva does indeed look very +10 worthy. That's good, I was starting to get worried that Grail units were just completely unappealing to me by now.

Now if you will excuse me, the Dragalia Lost x FEH crossover is back~

Edited by Xenomata

Spoiler

Whoa, Marth looks awesome! He's nothing new, considering we have so many OP swords like Larcei, Ayra, etc. but he's the first budget unit who can more or less perform the same role as those other units. Even though Rapier is a great weapon, I could see players who don't have Ayra or Larcei run Slaying Edge or Wo Dao.

Young Minerva is also great! I'm not a fan of those 100% HP weapons, but after facing Percival in Training tower from time to time, they can be a real pain to deal with. Her statline is pretty good & I think her base skillset is perfect.  

O-oh my... Okay, so... Seeing them in their paralogue... They're just...SO CUTE!!! 😍 Eee I can't wait for more heroes from the World of Origins! Please, more child heroes!!! 💗

Those madmen. They've finally done it. Pantless Marth is real! Did I make this happen? What other powers do I possess!?

Shame we didn't get his busted ass FE1 Falchion which makes him outright immune to melee attacks.

Edited by Jotari

About 450 orbs to get Caeda and the trio, along with a few Marths.  Pitybreaker list is Brave Eliwood, Lysithea, Fallen Celica, Adrift Camilla, and Micaiah.  Been wanting Micaiah to pitybreak me for a while, a shame she's -atk but with Deathblow she will still take out sword armors I'm sure. Now I look forward to the tempest trial for Minerva.  These little fliers are going to be my core for all the "use sword/lance/axe" story quests from here on.

Yeah, that still disappoints me.

As is coming out of the banner so far with nothing but a 4.25% pity rate. Even after buying a few orbs. But I won't buy anymore right now, I got other things I planned to do today. The banner will be around a whole month. I would really like to have Palla for the TT though...