Fire Emblem Blazing Sword: Purging Flame project

DiogoJorge

Hello, everyone, I'm making an reimagined hack for Blazing Sword, which I dub as project Purging Flame. I call it a reimagination of the game, because It's less of a rebalance patch and more of what I would like Blazing Sword to be more like.

My project is already quite advanced, but not yet finished, I could release a patch, but I I will wait until I've done testing certain chapters first before doing so.

With that said, I shall be presenting here a list of changes, as well the new characters growths.

Changes:

-Most player unit stats and growths have been changed.

- Enemy stats and growths have been changed.

-Max caps for both promoted and base classes changed. Promotion gains changed as well.

- A few classes have been added (Heavy Knight, Great Knight)

-Enemy exclusive classes have been added.

- Some player classes have been changed (Dorcas = Brigand, Farina = Falcon Knight, Isadora = Cavalier).

- New weapons for both player and enemy alike. The lords have a unique weapon for their secondary weapon (Hector = White Fang, Eliwood = Nini's Lance, Lyn = Tempest Bow), as well upgraded ones for their main ones, with the exception of Lyn. (Hector = Alpha Beil, Eliwood = Noble Rapier)

- Mani Katti has unlimited uses now, and had it's critical rate nerfed to 10%.

-Eliwood can use lances in his base class.

-Snow, Sand and Rain only penalize mounted units movement now. Infantry can move as normal under those terrain effects. 

Among other changes.

For the growths and bases check this file:

Purging Flame Growths and Bases.xlsx

13 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

So like it's way harder in the endgame and easier in the earlygame? What exactly is your vision for the game?

Something like that. I also want to fix the rankings so they are a better metter for good play and to fix some things that were clearly unecessary (Karla's recruitment being pointless for instance, due to not being worth the effort to recruit her.)

Curious, but this is simply a rebalance, yes? No event changes or anything? 

Mani Katti with unlimited uses? That certainly wont be balanced, but it's your choice and if that's fun to you, then by all means. 

Also, enemy only classes, does that mean generic enemies too, or just bosses?

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Curious, but this is simply a rebalance, yes? No event changes or anything? 

Mani Katti with unlimited uses? That certainly wont be balanced, but it's your choice and if that's fun to you, then by all means. 

Also, enemy only classes, does that mean generic enemies too, or just bosses?

There will be some rebalance. Some events will be slightly changed to allow for the Heaven Seals to be obtained earlier and for the story to still make sense despite that.

Mani Katti will have lesser critical rate, and since Eliwood will have an edge over her with acess to lances, she kind of needs it to not be outclassed completely. Guy will have better CON to make up for the fact that Lyn outclasses him in most stats, since magic swords will have a high CON requirement and Guy is still the fastest of the two.

Mostly a few bosses. Generics will have the heavy knight and great knight classes, just like the player.

On 4/17/2020 at 7:42 AM, DiogoJorge said:

- Some player classes have been changed (Dorcas = Brigand, Farina = Falcon Knight, Isadora = Cavalier).

I'm generally fine with all of the changes you listed, and I'm fine with 2/3 of the class changes listed, but changing Isadora to a cavalier?. There's no real reason for that, and it just comes off as a change for no real reason. Could I get some reasoning on this? Otherwise, I'll keep this hack somewhere in my "watching out for list" until it comes out.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 1:07 PM, DiogoJorge said:

There will be some rebalance. Some events will be slightly changed to allow for the Heaven Seals to be obtained earlier and for the story to still make sense despite that.

Mani Katti will have lesser critical rate, and since Eliwood will have an edge over her with acess to lances, she kind of needs it to not be outclassed completely. Guy will have better CON to make up for the fact that Lyn outclasses him in most stats, since magic swords will have a high CON requirement and Guy is still the fastest of the two.

Mostly a few bosses. Generics will have the heavy knight and great knight classes, just like the player.

I see, that makes sense then.

Well, in the end it's your choice. Just offering an opinion, was all.

Yeah, I understand that, it's just that my TO:KOL sensors were going off and I immediately thought it sounded like Duke Knights reincarnated. Sorry about the misconception.

On 4/21/2020 at 3:23 AM, sdaht15 said:

I'm generally fine with all of the changes you listed, and I'm fine with 2/3 of the class changes listed, but changing Isadora to a cavalier?. There's no real reason for that, and it just comes off as a change for no real reason. Could I get some reasoning on this? Otherwise, I'll keep this hack somewhere in my "watching out for list" until it comes out.

The reasoning is, Sain and Lowen are now heavy knights (lance and axe type cavaliers who can promote into Great Knights), thus leaving Kent as the only cavalier. I made Isadora an cavalier, so there's two of them. Also, Isadora really needs to be more of an growth unit rather than a promoted filler, so I gave her the Silas REV treatment (nowhere as broken, though) by making her a high level cavalier with apropiate stats. I could make her a a Paladin with good growths, sort of like Seth, but I would rather there's an cost asociated to that by making you use an promotion item on her.

Edited by DiogoJorge