I made a discovery about the triangle attack!

Dr. C

So I’m playing good old cog of destiny and it just so happens that I fielded all 3 Pegasus Sisters and I’m approaching Linus.

I decide to attack with Fiora and Florina for some decently accurate damage and then go in with Farina.

Much to my surprise, the triangle attack is triggered on Linus!

Keep in mind that Linus is equipped with the Iron Rune which nullifies all critical hits so I didn’t think the triangle attack would trigger at all because it should be nullified.

I guess the in game mechanics treats the triangle attack as its own thing and not a critical hit.

Who would have thought it?

The triangle attack is a guaranteed critical hit. It's hardly news though, as there's a ten year old video of Ashera being triangle attacked on YouTube, and she's immune to critical hits as well.

34 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

The triangle attack is a guaranteed critical hit. It's hardly news though, as there's a ten year old video of Ashera being triangle attacked on YouTube, and she's immune to critical hits as well.

Well I meant in the context of this game but that is also interesting! 

The triangle attack is something where the wikis don’t cover everything so it’s just kind of cool to learn something new like that!

I did that on my last playthrough, yeah. It's pretty neat but I figured that it's an attack that triggers at all times if the requirements are met, even if Crit=0, so I always assumed it would work anyway (and was right).

• 1 month later...
  • eclipse locked and unlocked this topic
2 hours ago, OdysseyNeptune said:

Can a Triangle Attack "crit" for x9 damage?

Nope.  The "attack" is an automatic critical.

. . .not that you'd need it, unless you're trying to kill something extraordinarily tanky with an Iron Lance!

It has been surprisingly useful in my last playthrough though. It's great for training Farina, and it's definitely something she could use. And then there's bosses who tend to be annoying, most notably Lloyd. It's even possible to one-shot him with it in the final map if you're willing to bring all the peg knights, and seeing how scary he is there, it's definitely not a bad thing to consider.