What do you want the fire emblem news to be, if we get any?

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

Yeah. No thank you.

Now if they want to make a Paper Mario while outsourcing more FE titles like they did for 3H, that's fine.

I don't care what you think. I'd rather have a good Paper Mario game (i.e. like the first two) than another FE game, and if that means that FE has to take a backseat for a while, then so be it!

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I don't care what you think. I'd rather have a good Paper Mario game (i.e. like the first two) than another FE game, and if that means that FE has to take a backseat for a while, then so be it!

Then again its also possible that the Paper Mario team remains stubbornly dedicated to the Sticker Star formula. In that case FE might take a backseat for a game that will be highly controversial at best. 

There are two and a half things I would like to see. The reason why I say two and a half is because of my fear for what a fe4 remake could be.

Remaking Genealogy of the Holy War isn't easy because I think everyone would want something different from it. Some people would change almost nothing and just give it voice-acting and a graphical update. Others would change it to such a degree that the game would be totally different. I personally lean towards changing only a couple things like adding a rescue command, a few more talk conversations, maybe having battles inside the castle when you want to siege it and of course updating the presentation. But it's pretty clear that this isn't what most people would want. Some would like to add supports which is something I'm absolutely against because they will likely take the modern approach of everyone has to romance everyone (except Quan, Ethlyn, Sigurd & Deirdre for obvious reasons) which generally results in bad/forced supports. I'm also afraid that they will pull a Kris on us and try to insert an avatar in a story that doesn't need one and makes everyone around him look dumber. In general the reasons why I like fe4 are probably the reasons why other people dislike it so if they are gonna remake it they will most likely fix issues which I don't perceive as issues.

Something I would really like to see is a real-time strategy Fire Emblem game. While the average game play of Fire Emblem is fun I think they should also play around with new ideas and experimenting with Real-time could be interesting.

The easiest thing and probably smartest thing they could do is localize all Japan exclusive games. Only thing that could go wrong is localization. Beyond that it's the option where the least amount of things could go wrong and we don't have to be a bunch of pirates to play every game in English.

13 hours ago, Rapaille said:

Remaking Genealogy of the Holy War isn't easy because I think everyone would want something different from it. Some people would change almost nothing and just give it voice-acting and a graphical update. Others would change it to such a degree that the game would be totally different. I personally lean towards changing only a couple things like adding a rescue command, a few more talk conversations, maybe having battles inside the castle when you want to siege it and of course updating the presentation. But it's pretty clear that this isn't what most people would want. Some would like to add supports which is something I'm absolutely against because they will likely take the modern approach of everyone has to romance everyone (except Quan, Ethlyn, Sigurd & Deirdre for obvious reasons) which generally results in bad/forced supports. 

But Genealogy is a game that everyone can romance everyone, except the canon pairings. I see no problem adding supports because Thracia and Genealogy cast really need characterization. 

I would love to see a BSFE-esque "short story collection" of backstory chapters and different perspectives from throughout the series, a true celebration of the franchise. You could start with a fully-updated BSFE remake, and then add on stuff like a chapter with Kurth as a Lord in the Grannvale-Issach War, a chapter with young Zelgius fighting alongside Greil for the first time, a chapter where Galzus and the innocent members of Rivough are escaping, a chapter based on the first ever mission of the Shepherds, a chapter about the rebellion of Duma and Mila against Naga, a chapter based on the sealing of Yune, a chapter where you get to play through The Scouring, and so on. Maybe call it "Fire Emblem Echoes: Fleeting Recollections". I would love that, and if it is done right and made with equal love for each game, I could see it really unifying the fanbase in a new way.

37 minutes ago, Harb1ng3r said:

I would love to see a BSFE-esque "short story collection" of backstory chapters and different perspectives from throughout the series, a true celebration of the franchise. You could start with a fully-updated BSFE remake, and then add on stuff like a chapter with Kurth as a Lord in the Grannvale-Issach War, a chapter with young Zelgius fighting alongside Greil for the first time, a chapter where Galzus and the innocent members of Rivough are escaping, a chapter based on the first ever mission of the Shepherds, a chapter about the rebellion of Duma and Mila against Naga, a chapter based on the sealing of Yune, a chapter where you get to play through The Scouring, and so on. Maybe call it "Fire Emblem Echoes: Fleeting Recollections". I would love that, and if it is done right and made with equal love for each game, I could see it really unifying the fanbase in a new way.

Honestly, I'd love to see that now that you mentioned it

7 hours ago, Mylady said:

But Genealogy is a game that everyone can romance everyone, except the canon pairings. I see no problem adding supports because Thracia and Genealogy cast really need characterization. 

I would argue that you shouldn't try to write supports for every pair up because some pairings simply don't make sense (Tiltyu & Finn for example) and because of this supports will seem forced (which is often the case in Awakening & Fates). By not addressing it you don't draw attention to it, but if they where to write supports they have to explain why, which likely won't go well (Well I just met a girl who was hanging out with a priest and then we went to snow-land and within one year I had two kids with her before leaving with my master. Totally makes sense.).

I could see it work if they take the Alec/Sylvia or Lachesis/Dew approach where they are more considered as lovers but not married rather then married but don't know if that is the route they want to take.

I also think that most characters in Genealogy of the Holy War have an easily identifiable personality (of course there are exceptions like Holyn, Noish and some gen2's) and I think that adding supports wouldn't improve their personality. I rather have more talk conversations since those have more focus and variance then supports (which often have to build towards romance or friendship with a couple of exceptions). Maybe it's because I'm not the biggest fan of supports but I think that adding them in a fe4 remake wouldn't improve the game and would actually make it worse in most cases. 

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

So, is the above mentioned countdown (count-up?) continuing? Has anything been added today?

Nothing added today on the English FEH account so far, but it still seems to be going on. 

13 hours ago, Harb1ng3r said:

So like a playable version of those Pokemon Generations shorts? And yeah, that would be sick. 

I would like to have Switch ports of the Tellius games, but even if they are working on that, I'm not expecting any news until late in the year (October/November), what with Three Houses only recently finishing development and coronavirus wreaking havoc on normal life.  

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

So, is the above mentioned countdown (count-up?) continuing? Has anything been added today?

I guess it depends on where you live, but for Japan and Europe the tweet about mystery (and new mystery) was uploaded today, if that's what you are talking about.

7 hours ago, Alistair said:

So like a playable version of those Pokemon Generations shorts?

Exactly. I think that part of why the idea popped into my head in the first place was the fact that I rewatched all of Pokemon Generations last week. 

7 hours ago, Alistair said:

I'm not expecting any news until late in the year (October/November), what with Three Houses only recently finishing development

And yeah, I'm not holding out hope either. This is some conspiracy-theory heavy speculation stuff, but part of me thinks that they would have had something to show for the 30th anniversary if Three Houses hadn't been hit with the last few delays. DLC just came out, and the game is still selling pretty well. It wouldn't make sense to snipe the sales and hype of the newest release. If Three Houses had originally released this time last year, it would make more sense for news to come out on a new release this time this year.

On 4/21/2020 at 3:33 AM, Rapaille said:

There are two and a half things I would like to see. The reason why I say two and a half is because of my fear for what a fe4 remake could be.

Remaking Genealogy of the Holy War isn't easy because I think everyone would want something different from it. Some people would change almost nothing and just give it voice-acting and a graphical update. Others would change it to such a degree that the game would be totally different. I personally lean towards changing only a couple things like adding a rescue command, a few more talk conversations, maybe having battles inside the castle when you want to siege it and of course updating the presentation. But it's pretty clear that this isn't what most people would want. Some would like to add supports which is something I'm absolutely against because they will likely take the modern approach of everyone has to romance everyone (except Quan, Ethlyn, Sigurd & Deirdre for obvious reasons) which generally results in bad/forced supports. I'm also afraid that they will pull a Kris on us and try to insert an avatar in a story that doesn't need one and makes everyone around him look dumber. In general the reasons why I like fe4 are probably the reasons why other people dislike it so if they are gonna remake it they will most likely fix issues which I don't perceive as issues.

Something I would really like to see is a real-time strategy Fire Emblem game. While the average game play of Fire Emblem is fun I think they should also play around with new ideas and experimenting with Real-time could be interesting.

The easiest thing and probably smartest thing they could do is localize all Japan exclusive games. Only thing that could go wrong is localization. Beyond that it's the option where the least amount of things could go wrong and we don't have to be a bunch of pirates to play every game in English.

If that piece of garbage Kris happens ever again in FE4, my faith in the remake is gone.