Mystery of the Emblem Novel Question

Marth von Riegan

Hi, I've never posted on a forum before so sorry if this is weird but I just have a question

On Fire Emblem wikis I hear a lot about Takayashiki Hideo's novel adaptation of Mystery of the Emblem. Archanea Series is my favorite FE universe, so I was wondering if it's ever been translated into English, and if so, is it any good?

There is a legendary translator that has stated that they want to translate all of the Fire Emblem novels, but that is a massive undertaking. They have completed the two volume Thracia 776 novelization, and are part way into the second book of a three volume Genealogy of the Holy War translation, and have been keeping to a steady update schedule, which gives me hope that the herculean task they have set might one day be completed. Here is there translation blog if you want to check any of it out:

https://four-loose-screws.tumblr.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Heya, I'm the translator! XD

Fortunately, I have plans to get that far one day, unfortunately for Archanea, when I did a massive poll for which novels everyone would like to see translated first, FE 1/3 were at the bottom of the list. But fortunately and unfortunately, there's no novels after FE8, so I'll get to Archanea a little sooner rather than later.

My order is FE5 (complete) -> FE4 (in progress) -> FE8 -> FE7 -> FE2 -> FE6 -> FE1 -> FE3. So just keep up to date with where I am! I'm determined to get us there one day!

The least I can do now, is make a note to prioritize Takayashiki Hideo's novelization over the other, as there's two. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 10:50 AM, LeifOfLeonsterTranslations said:

Heya, I'm the translator! XD

Fortunately, I have plans to get that far one day, unfortunately for Archanea, when I did a massive poll for which novels everyone would like to see translated first, FE 1/3 were at the bottom of the list. But fortunately and unfortunately, there's no novels after FE8, so I'll get to Archanea a little sooner rather than later.

My order is FE5 (complete) -> FE4 (in progress) -> FE8 -> FE7 -> FE2 -> FE6 -> FE1 -> FE3. So just keep up to date with where I am! I'm determined to get us there one day!

The least I can do now, is make a note to prioritize Takayashiki Hideo's novelization over the other, as there's two. 

Oh wow hi, thank you so much for responding! I've been looking at your Tumblr page and I really enjoy your work! Thank you for the schedule, I'll definitely keep up with that. Currently I'm reading a translation of the FE1 manga, and when I finish that I'm planning to read all that you have translated so far! I think your goal to translate all the novels is amazing, btw, keep up the great work!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 5:22 PM, Marth von Riegan said:

Oh wow hi, thank you so much for responding! I've been looking at your Tumblr page and I really enjoy your work! Thank you for the schedule, I'll definitely keep up with that. Currently I'm reading a translation of the FE1 manga, and when I finish that I'm planning to read all that you have translated so far! I think your goal to translate all the novels is amazing, btw, keep up the great work!!

Thank you so much! ❤️❤️ Reading all I've translated is a pretty big goal all on its own. I hope you enjoy, and if you want, you can always send me a request for a translation! If you don't use tumblr, you can send a message on here or something, whatever works. Tumblr is the only account I check super regularly, but I check all my messages across the internet eventually.

Edited by LeifOfLeonsterTranslations