An another non-canon love couples...

You don't say that, Male Byleth and Edelgatd love shipping is canon? And Dimitri and Female Byleth love shipping is canon too? I don't want if Nintendo, Intelligent Systems and Yuzuke Kosaki are confirm Byleth Boy x Edelgard and Byleth Girl x Dimitri love couples. Same like Robin Boy x Lucina. I just wanted to ship Dimigard....... They are NOT blood related, no bashing, and don't make me feeling sad please......

seeking_the_sun_by_darkie4eva_ddgg3w1-pr

sample_fad215a75f86ce6d1456b4cc3e31356ed

Edited by IkaMusumeYiyaRoxie
Text correction and added 1 more pic

I mean, if you paid attention to the story at all, it would answer your question.

Just because it will never be canon doesn't mean that you can't ship it.  But nothing short of a ton of retcons will make this anywhere near close to canon.

Uh, maybe because...

Spoiler

They're literally stepsiblings. It would be non-biological incest. As someone who grew up with stepbrothers herself, I have to just give this idea a big fat NO. I could never consider being romantic with boys that I call my BROTHERS. Just, EW.

Have you played Fire Emblem: Three Houses and gotten to part 2 in any of the routes? I'm genuinely asking.

Spoiler

In short, Dimitri hates Edelgard's guts, they're ideologically opposed to one another, and both pretty much lose their sanity and die a tragic death in any route where you don't side with them. 

Because they are step-siblings. This whole thing about "step-siblings aren't actually related" just further stigmatizes actual step-siblings in the real world, makes them feel like they're not part of their family, and it's not right to do to people. Same for adopted siblings.

15 minutes ago, IkaMusumeYiyaRoxie said:

Yusuke Kosaki, the current director of Fire Femblem did ruined the series. And I wanted if Shozo Kaga is going to return to work for Nintendo.....

wut

How did we go from wondering why Edelgard x Dimitri wasn't canon to this?

16 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Because they are step-siblings. This whole thing about "step-siblings aren't actually related" just further stigmatizes actual step-siblings in the real world, makes them feel like they're not part of their family, and it's not right to do to people. Same for adopted siblings.

Fates really messed up the entire concept of step-siblings cause Corrin marries everyone.

I mean, their being stepsiblings is something, though Edelgard never mentions it Dimitri probably finds it weird considering how he talks about it. Even if they only stayed with each other for a year, clearly that's not nothing to him.

Their being being at war with one another? That's probably the big one.

I've though "maybe, if there was a different timeline" before, but that's just not how 3H rolls. As an aside to your second post in the thread, jeez OP calm down.

45 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Exactly. I'd be disgusted if someone told me it was okay to date one of my brothers just because we're not biologically related. My mom adopted both boys, so they are my brothers, not potential love interests.

This kind of issue is also why I don't like pairings such as Corrin with any of their siblings, Geoffrey x Elincia, and Sothe x Micaiah. Geoffrey and Elincia were raised as siblings and Sothe and Micaiah literally call one another brother and sister. And in PoR, Sothe says she's family (though there's also the issue of Micaiah also being a sort of mother figure to him as well seeing as she met him when he was a little boy and she already looked like a teenager). And I don't think I need to explain Corrin and his/her family.

Dimitri and Edelgard being able to get with one another would've been as bad as, if not worse than, Corrin's marriage options.

Edited by Anacybele

Given how the story begins, its actually impossible for them to be a thing. Yeah, they might have had a fling when they were younger that could have blossomed into something else,  too much has happened in between then and the present for it to ever work out; El literally doesn't remember until he reminds her via the dagger and both are too deep into their opposing ideologies for it to ever work out.

Its kinda tragic, really; that your first crush turns out to be your mortal enemy

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dimitri and Edelgard being able to get with one another would've been as bad as, if not worse than, Corrin's marriage options.

Now I wouldn’t say that. I mean at least with Dimigard they didn’t grow up as siblings. The context of their relationship is more akin to that of childhood friends. Corrin on the other hand... yeah those romance options are wrong on so many levels. I’m more okay with it when it comes to the birthright siblings because they’re essentially strangers to him but even then

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Exactly. I'd be disgusted if someone told me it was okay to date one of my brothers just because we're not biologically related. My mom adopted both boys, so they are my brothers, not potential love interests.

This kind of issue is also why I don't like pairings such as Corrin with any of their siblings, Geoffrey x Elincia, and Sothe x Micaiah. Geoffrey and Elincia were raised as siblings and Sothe and Micaiah literally call one another brother and sister. And in PoR, Sothe says she's family (though there's also the issue of Micaiah also being a sort of mother figure to him as well seeing as she met him when he was a little boy and she already looked like a teenager). And I don't think I need to explain Corrin and his/her family.

Except on the case of Corrin and his Nohrian siblings, and even the other examples, they were RAISED as siblings. 

They call each other brother and sister at times, or see each other as family.

But for El and Dimitri, they didn't even know they were step-siblings when they met. Hell, if anything, Dimitri knew that they were step-siblings later on. But that's it. Probably El heard about it too.

So all they have are that they just learn that they are siblings, just knowledge. But when physically interacting in their time as kids, they were friends, with Edelgard outright admitting that Dimitri had been her first love. 

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I agree, even though I didn't mind Sothe and Micaiah too much. I don't have any step-siblings or adoptive siblings, but I can imagine that it would be very weird. 

One could argue (I'm not) that you would be applying modern standards to a medieval fantasy setting. However, I would say that if medieval standards applied, Edelgard and Bernadetta would've been of marriageable age at thirteen (there was zero concept of adolescence in the middle ages), which would put a pretty big plot hole in Bernadetta's backstory. 

In regards to Corrin, the worst part is that, if you think you're safe by pairing them with Azura (as they never met before the start of the game), you'd be completely wrong...

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Except on the case of Corrin and his Nohrian siblings, and even the other examples, they were RAISED as siblings. 

They call each other brother and sister at times, or see each other as family.

But for El and Dimitri, they didn't even know they were step-siblings when they met. Hell, if anything, Dimitri knew that they were step-siblings later on. But that's it. Probably El heard about it too.

So all they have are that they just learn that they are siblings, just knowledge. But when physically interacting in their time as kids, they were friends, with Edelgard outright admitting that Dimitri had been her first love. 

…That is true, and it is backed up by the fact that Edelgard doesn't even remember Dimitri.

That said, there are people who find the idea of a childhood-friend romance to be very weird. My mother is one of them, and she's a romance author. So, it can still be considered weird even in that regard. 

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

…That is true, and it is backed up by the fact that Edelgard doesn't even remember Dimitri.

That said, there are people who find the idea of a childhood-friend romance to be very weird. My mother is one of them, and she's a romance author. So, it can still be considered weird even in that regard. 

I've always been a fan of childhood friend romances, since Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable. 

But even then, Edelgard's time with Dimitri is not really that long that they spent so much time together for it to even be considered sibling-like. 

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I've always been a fan of childhood friend romances, since Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable. 

But even then, Edelgard's time with Dimitri is not really that long that they spent so much time together for it to even be considered sibling-like. 

I like childhood-friend romances too when they're written well. To be honest, I'll appreciate basically any healthy relationship that's written well, which is surprisingly rare given how common romantic subplots are in fiction. I'm just pointing out that it's far from universal. 

Then again, as you pointed out, Edelgard and Dimitri didn't spend a lot of time together; not long enough for the dynamic to be sibling-like, so it might be one that my mother wouldn't find too weird. 

Lambert and Patricia weren't even allowed to be alone together, their relationship barely counts as marriage. In fact they probably only got married so Cornelia could kill him.

Obviously Edie and Didi have no romantic interest in one another in the present, but even so they have an interesting dynamic. It's also interesting to imagine what would happen if Thales didn't get involved; would Lambert formally adopt Edelgard? Political marriage between her and Dimitri? But obviously none of that can happen in the continuity 3H takes place in.

23 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I agree, even though I didn't mind Sothe and Micaiah too much. I don't have any step-siblings or adoptive siblings, but I can imagine that it would be very weird. 

One could argue (I'm not) that you would be applying modern standards to a medieval fantasy setting. However, I would say that if medieval standards applied, Edelgard and Bernadetta would've been of marriageable age at thirteen (there was zero concept of adolescence in the middle ages), which would put a pretty big plot hole in Bernadetta's backstory. 

In regards to Corrin, the worst part is that, if you think you're safe by pairing them with Azura (as they never met before the start of the game), you'd be completely wrong...

Yeah, but the thing is, this setting, or any FE setting for that matter, doesn't perfectly reflect real life medieval times. And it doesn't have to. This is fiction. And generally, you're going to get some backlash if you use ideas that tend to be looked down upon with no good explanation for it. The only reason I excuse FE4's abundant incest is because it's plot related. But besides that,  there's been no explanation for why it's okay for Corrin to marry his/her siblings or for anybody to marry a sibling.

33 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm aware, but I still kind of feel like Dimitri started seeing her as a sister later though.

And childhood friend romances are great! Heck, my two main Zelda OCs are a childhood friend romance. I'm usually a sucker for them. 😛

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but the thing is, this setting, or any FE setting for that matter, doesn't perfectly reflect real life medieval times. And it doesn't have to. This is fiction. And generally, you're going to get some backlash if you use ideas that tend to be looked down upon with no good explanation for it. The only reason I excuse FE4's abundant incest is because it's plot related. But besides that,  there's been no explanation for why it's okay for Corrin to marry his/her siblings or for anybody to marry a sibling.

I think you misunderstood my point, as that's what I'm saying. That was my point. 

Just now, vanguard333 said:

I think you misunderstood my point, as that's what I'm saying. That was my point. 

Oh, sorry about that. Well, at least we agree, right?

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But besides that,  there's been no explanation for why it's okay for Corrin to marry his/her siblings or for anybody to marry a sibling

Oh There is a reason. It ain’t a good one though. It’s the very same reason shit like Eromanga-sensei keeps getting made. The imouto(literally meaning “little sister”) genre is popular and yes there enough anime/light novels/manga of this sort of thing for it to be considered a genre. I mean hey whatever keeps the Otaku buying your shit am I right?

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Fates really messed up the entire concept of step-siblings cause Corrin marries everyone.

And then they excuse it by "they're not related!" bs, Corn is related to all of them, plus Azura and Lillith

Also, main point: Their stepsiblings, even in canon they call it wierd. If it's not Judgral incest, it's not wincest, and even then Judgral's fucked up. (for plot reasons)

9 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Oh There is a reason. It ain’t a good one though. It’s the very same reason shit like Eromanga-sensei keeps getting made. The imouto(literally meaning “little sister”) genre is popular and yes there enough anime/light novels/manga of this sort of thing for it to be considered a genre. I mean hey whatever keeps the Otaku buying your shit am I right?

Except the "reason" only applied to the Hoshido siblings. There wasn't any attempt at something like that for the Nohr ones. Just "we're not related, so I love you, let's get married" as far as I know.