1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, sorry about that. Well, at least we agree, right?

Yeah; at least we agree. By the way, what do you think of my remark about medieval standards and Bernadetta now that it's more clear what I meant?

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except the "reason" only applied to the Hoshido siblings. There wasn't any attempt at something like that for the Nohr ones. Just "we're not related, so I love you, let's get married" as far as I know.

I think you're correct; no good reason. It's especially bad since Corrin was led to believe that the Nohr siblings were their blood-siblings all their life. Similarly, the Hoshido siblings not only lead Corrin to believe that as well, but they themselves think it's true (aside from Ryoma), so it's arguably even worse. And then there's Azura actually being a blood relative, but that's another issue entirely. 

...How did this thread about Edelgard and Dimitri become about Corrin? They just can't resist stealing the spotlight huh? Corrin really is a Mary Sue...

Edited by vanguard333

I'm aware, but I still kind of feel like Dimitri started seeing her as a sister later though.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing there. He knows their relationship and unlike Edelgard, remembers their time together. 

Fun fact, there IS someone that made a little comic AU of a modern setting where Edelgard and Dimitri are able to be siblings together.

Except the "reason" only applied to the Hoshido siblings. There wasn't any attempt at something like that for the Nohr ones. Just "we're not related, so I love you, let's get married" as far as I know.

You clearly have not seen any “imouto” anime otherwise you wouldn’t be saying that the “reason” I gave doesn’t also apply to the Nohr siblings. I mean just take one look at Elise. She is the physical embodiment of the genki loli little sister character. I love her but I can tell when an Otaku fetish is being pandered too and they are not at all subtle with it. She even calls Corrin “Onii-chan” in the S-support.

20 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah; at least we agree. By the way, what do you think of my remark about medieval standards and Bernadetta now that it's more clear what I meant?

I can't really say since I never saw much of Bernadetta in my TH playthroughs. I only did Verdant Wind and Azure Moon and never recruited her.

8 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

You clearly have not seen any “imouto” anime otherwise you wouldn’t be saying that the “reason” I gave doesn’t also apply to the Nohr siblings. I mean just take one look at Elise. She is the physical embodiment of the genki loli little sister character. I love her but I can tell when an Otaku fetish is being pandered too and they are not at all subtle with it. She even calls Corrin “Onii-chan” in the S-support.

Still a bad reason if you ask me. Clearly that fetish is niche, as I hardly ever see anybody into this kind of thing. I see way more criticism for how Fates handled marriage and a second gen than praise for it.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Still a bad reason if you ask me.

I never said it wasn’t.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Clearly that fetish is niche, as I hardly ever see anybody into this kind of thing.

You haven’t spent enough time in the anime community, have you? Like I said there is enough anime/manga/light novels for this specific fetish for it to be considered it’s own genre. Otaku have a thing for little sister characters honestly.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't really say since I never saw much of Bernadetta in my TH playthroughs. I only did Verdant Wind and Azure Moon and never recruited her.

Oh. Okay.

I'd recommend playing Crimson Flower. It was the first route that I've played and, although the only other route I've played so far is Verdant Wind, I will say that it's the best one I've played so far despite being disappointingly short. I've heard it's the most unique route gameplay-wise, which I can easily see to be the case. Plus, the Black Eagles are some really great characters.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Still a bad reason if you ask me. Clearly that fetish is niche, as I hardly ever see anybody into this kind of thing. I see way more criticism for how Fates handled marriage and a second gen than praise for it.

17 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

You haven’t spent enough time in the anime community, have you? Like I said there is enough anime/manga/light novels for this specific fetish for it to be considered it’s own genre. Otaku have a thing for little sister characters honestly.

I know nothing about this, but I'm going to guess that it's like with any media company: if they find a demographic they know they can exploit by pandering, they will exploit it. It almost doesn't matter how niche. 

5 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Oh. Okay.

I'd recommend playing Crimson Flower. It was the first route that I've played and, although the only other route I've played so far is Verdant Wind, I will say that it's the best one I've played so far despite being disappointingly short. I've heard it's the most unique route gameplay-wise, which I can easily see to be the case. Plus, the Black Eagles are some really great characters.

Maybe at some point in the future. Right now though, I'm more interested in playing other games at the moment. I got burned out on TH after playing two routes. I can't say I've had as much interest in any Black Eagles characters as I did in Golden Deer and Blue Lions ones either. Claude made me want to start with Verdant Wind and then Sylvain, Ingrid, and Dimitri made me want to do Azure Moon after. Especially Sylvain. As you can probably tell, he is my favorite character in the game. 😛

9 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I know nothing about this, but I'm going to guess that it's like with any media company: if they find a demographic they know they can exploit by pandering, they will exploit it. It almost doesn't matter how niche. 

dude you just need to watch more anime. This kind of fetish pandering occurs with like 4 shows every new season even in good anime you'll see it crop up every now and again

5 hours ago, IkaMusumeYiyaRoxie said:

Yusuke Kosaki, the current director of Fire Femblem did ruined the series. And I wanted if Shozo Kaga is going to return to work for Nintendo.....

. . .and thank you for giving me a reason to close your topic.

As in, you're making no sense whatsoever in both posts.