Bound Hero Battle: Ryoma and Sakura

NSSKG151

Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with Y!Marth, Ylgr, Y!Merric and Mist, Infernal cleared with same but Genny instead of Mist. And only barely, that Astra proc on Ryoma's no joke.

Did several clears of this map.

Anna solo'd the map with the new bow I gave her.

And here's my one turn clear.

And I also cleared the map using just characters from Nohr.

Just the usual Bartre and Bartre one-turn clear. Might need to make another +10 OG Bartre so I don't have to use enemy phase so much. Although it might take a year or two to get enough copies again.

@LordFrigid Nice to see a quadding Leif, even if his second attack was just destroying a wall. Great clear!

@NSSKG151 Wow that bow on Anna is amazing... Neat CC Leo and nice job on the one-turn clear as well!

Edited by Maaka

Here's my video. First I thought about a Nowi's clear video, but she 1-turn cleared the map... which was kinda boring. So I decided to go with Merric. bonus points for ending with full HP

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Zeo @mcsilas @BoaFerox @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy

@LordFrigid What a nice video! Leif always impress me. Maybe I should try to get him next month.

@NSSKG151 Three videos... and all great ones! I relly like your Anna videos, and Nohrian Scum Heroes are also cool!

@Maaka Nice 1-clear, as always! I saw that Drive Def on Azura, saving Bartre from that Astra. hehe

@Maaka Thanks! That was another great one turn clear video with Bartre!

@Diovani Bressan Thanks, I love finally being able to clear maps with my favorite character. Nice clear with new Merric. He looks really strong and reminds me that he was one of my MVP's back when I played the DS games.

@Maaka Nice! Bartre brute forcing through the weapon triangle as usual, great clear!

@Diovani Bressan Cool! This new Merric looks like he could cheese a lot of content with that Windsweep strat. It was already pretty good on Byleth, but on a ranged unit it will be even more powerful. 

@NSSKG151 That bow fits Anna perfectly, haha! I really want to make an archer with a set like that someday, hopefully Midori graces me with her presence. Nice clear!

I found that Itsuki was able to completely solo this map on his own with zero support, so that I did.

I also did a clear with four Summer Lyn. They handled this pretty well, the highlight is at the end where Distant Guard makes Sakura feel robbed because she can't do damage.

@daisy jane @mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas @Zeo

Edited by BoaFerox

@LordFrigid The crew does it again. How goes the hunt for babby Caeda?

@NSSKG151 Anna never fails to impress. I really didn't expect her to just take 0 from everything, and then only 5 from Ryoma... part of that 5 damage is from his Lull, too.

@Maaka Bartre eating Ryoma's Astra and then just killing him was quite something... Are you not going to use Fir anymore?

@Diovani Bressan Very nice Merric, he's very strong. Windsweep meant Ryoma was no threat, too, poor lobster.

@BoaFerox Wow, that's a really invested Itsuki. You were holding onto Grails for a long time, I assume? Also, I wish I had four Summer Lyns. I like how they all happened to say different lines at the start.

@mcsilas @Zeo @Landmaster

Here's mine. Just recorded because Ryoma got memed, otherwise nothing much to see I think.

Yeah, this wasn't too difficult. But not too easy either. All content in the game should be like this, and sadly it isn't...

Anyway, I actually decided to have a bit of fun here after recently making a third Ike +10 and I did Ike Emblem! OG Ike, Brave Ike, GD Ike, and RD Ike all together. ^^ I'll make a video some other time though, it's late here. But it will show how much I love my beloved Tellius hero. ❤️

Edited by Anacybele

@BoaFerox Yeah, the moment I saw Spendthrift Bow I was like yep, I'm sticking that on Anna regardless of what it does even if it's just for jokes. Also, don't you mean Midori since she is the one who comes with Spendthrift Bow? Regardless, I hope you get her someday. Also, nice solo clear with Itsuki. He seems to be a popular and powerful grail unit considering I see him quite often in Arena.

@SatsumaFSoysoy I guess even premium skills are not enough to help Ryoma. Interesting clear. Kronya just wrecked havoc on everyone's health and Takumi just had to swoop in and steal the final kill didn't he.

10 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow, that's a really invested Itsuki. You were holding onto Grails for a long time, I assume? Also, I wish I had four Summer Lyns. I like how they all happened to say different lines at the start.

Yeah, I had a lot of grails and knew I wanted to build him once I saw him. He's serving me well, both in AR and Arena. 
As for the four Summer Lyn, that was a result of a very lucky session on the double special banner with her. If I can get 3 copies on her rerun this summer I will merge her to +10, but for now I'm having some fun doing clears like this. Hopefully I don't get too attached to it so I have to get 6 more Lyn instead.

7 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Yeah, the moment I saw Spendthrift Bow I was like yep, I'm sticking that on Anna regardless of what it does even if it's just for jokes. Also, don't you mean Midori since she is the one who comes with Spendthrift Bow? Regardless, I hope you get her someday. Also, nice solo clear with Itsuki. He seems to be a popular and powerful grail unit considering I see him quite often in Arena.

Yes, I meant Midori, sorry about that. I blame posting late at night and having Mamori in the Itsuki video. Thanks though, I wish you luck too!
Yeah, Itsuki is super useful. I wanted to +10 a unit from TMS, so I'm happy they made the free unit good. He has absolutely been worth the grails!

@Nowi's Husband lol Nowi is just too powerful. I should really use my +10 Nowi a bit more myself. Good job!

@BoaFerox Wow that Itsuki solo was pretty nice. Hopefully Bartre can do stuff like that when I can get his merges. Might need a more useful weapon though. Also nice Lyn clear!

@SatsumaFSoysoy That miracle was so mean. Neat seeing fallen Takumi abusing his brother and sister being used in a clear. Very cool!

Also, here is a Bartre, Bartre, and Fir clear. Couldn't take Ryoma down with axe Bartre, but that's fine. I also needed L!Azura for the dance and movement due to the useless walls being there, so no spring Fir repositioning this time unfortunately.

Spoiler

I really need to work on getting Fir to 5*+10, but I have so many other projects to finish first, it might be a while. She works just as well at 4*+10 for now at least.

@Maaka

Axe Bartre putting in some serious work. Eating that Astra was something else. Thank goodness for his huge HP & Def pools. Nice work!

@Diovani Bressan

The big style points were actually from having your units in a diagonal line at the end, even if Micaiah could’ve been one space over and up. Merric’s got one heck of a base kit. Great job!

@SatsumaFSoysoy

Dang...Sakura too weak to save her big brother. I initially thought she might try healing the red mage, I didn’t realize she wouldn’t be able to get Ryoma back to full. Tsk. Neat to see Skadi in use. Nice job!

On 4/22/2020 at 6:44 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@LordFrigid The crew does it again. How goes the hunt for babby Caeda?

Exceptionally well. She’ll show up in one of these sooner or later. I also managed to pick up a +Atk Palla on the way, which was great, since I tend to use fliers a lot, and that Duo skill is just ridiculous.

Edited by LordFrigid

Did need some Spur buffs for a KO, but we showed them the Glory of Nohr pretty easily~

@LordFrigid - Not everyday you see Leif quad. Or breaking a block as a pivotal role in the clear. Lilith’s expression in her Special art is great.

@NSSKG151 - Spendthrift Bow is such a ridiculous weapon, I did see you had given it to Anna. I’m sure she’s going to have a lot of fun with it like she did here.

Nice one turn! That is a really cool Eliwood, I didn’t expect him to take out the Blue Flier so easily.

I wanted to do a Fates theme clear now that Kana’s wife is in the game, but I didn’t know who to use for the 4th unit. Your Fates clear is already GR8 for having Picnic Leo. He needs more love. Silas did a lot of work here and I always love the teamwork, good job!

@Maaka - If you +10 another Bartre, you’ll be out of feathers for Lance Bartre.  Bartre taking 0 damage in all of these encounters is pretty brazy.

I feel like you pulled Spring Fir for that one video and she’s just never going to come back and use Reposition anymore. I want the bun-bun.

@Diovani Bressan - MERRIC, I approve. He looks so fun to use with that Special and LOL at the Windsweep completely blocking Ryoma~

@Nowi's Husband - Even the warping green unit couldn’t stop Nowi, very noice

@BoaFerox - I love how Itsuki brought all of his frens for them to do absolutely nothing. 0 Damage from Astra was pretty wild.

+Atk Lyn gang is back and even their quotes sound familiar from the last time you used them all. They bullied the hell out of that Axe dude.

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Bringing Takumi to sabotage his own family is totally something Kronya would do. As is using Miracle to screw everyone over. Very immersive, I approve.

On 4/22/2020 at 9:22 PM, NSSKG151 said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy I guess even premium skills are not enough to help Ryoma. Interesting clear. Kronya just wrecked havoc on everyone's health and Takumi just had to swoop in and steal the final kill didn't he.

He did. Betrayal.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:50 PM, LordFrigid said:

Dang...Sakura too weak to save her big brother. I initially thought she might try healing the red mage, I did’t realize she wouldn’t be able to get Ryoma back to full. Tsk. Neat to see Skadi in use. Nice job!

The best part is that if Sakura didn't move down to where she did, the axe guy could've killed Kronya, but she body-blocked. Who's the real Betrayal?

Palla is pretty strong, but Caeda is just ridiculous... I'm not really pulling that much though, spent some on Mareeta (got her, +Spd -Def) and saving for Pent instead.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:12 PM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Bringing Takumi to sabotage his own family is totally something Kronya would do. As is using Miracle to screw everyone over. Very immersive, I approve.

She does love trolling.

Good ol' Broadleaf Vantage. Works every time. Most of the time. Sakura went to take a bath while Elise did all the work. I wonder when Elise #4 will happen. If Flayn gets in, would you consider her an honorary Elise?

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Good ol' Broadleaf Vantage. Works every time. Most of the time. Sakura went to take a bath while Elise did all the work. I wonder when Elise #4 will happen. If Flayn gets in, would you consider her an honorary Elise?

Flayn is a good girl, if she gets in, she could totes be a member, especially if she's Blue. Though I have a feeling, she'll be a Staff.

@Landmaster

Ooh, Dagger Elise put in some serious work here. Ryoma’s a pretty tough cookie, needing chip damage and a Special to go down. +Style points for those final formations on T3 & T4. Nice work!

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Palla is pretty strong, but Caeda is just ridiculous... I'm not really pulling that much though, spent some on Mareeta (got her, +Spd -Def) and saving for Pent instead.

Coin toss on who’s better for one turns, imo. +Movement to fliers without consuming an action is huge for a good chunk of my one turn cast. Actually, with Caeda, Palla, and Minerva, this event was a seriously good addition to the one turn operation.

Lucky duck. I am apparently unable to pull Mareeta unless she’s -Atk. Oh well. Close Call fodder. If I can find someone who can use it effectively...Eirika? Good luck on your quest for Pent! ...or is it a quest for Pulse Smoke? I’ll probably be in full-on save mode by then, waiting for Caeda & Lilith’s next appearances.

@Landmaster Wow, Broadleaf Fan sure destroyed the Hoshidans. Liked how OG Elise beat OG Sakura (as Bath Sakura watches..) in the end.

@Maaka Ohh Bartre and Fir clear was fun! (Dancer Bartre when). Spring Bartre barely survived the Samurai though! Bet you're excited for Grail Shop Bartre soon!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Ooof that Miracle against Ryoma, Kronya's such a troll! Music was perfect for her rampage lol.

@BoaFerox Itsuki destroyed that map! All those Sturdy Impacts Sturdy Impact really helped against Ryoma for Lyn!

@Diovani Bressan Merric's thing is disgustingly strong! Good for him! What happened adult Merric?

@Zeo @DLNarshen @Alexmender @daisy jane @Ginko

----

So Fates videos! First off is a Hoshidan clear- but using non-royals to give other units some love!

Team is +Res/-Spd Oboro, neutral Kaze, +Atk/-Def Kagero and +Def/-Spd Kaden

Music is Iki (Yoshitora Tokugawa Theme) from Samurai Shodown 2019

- AKA Siegbert enlists Hoshidans kids to deal with his Grandpa's tactician. Sadly no orbs to spare for Forrest yet. Rhajat is the magic damage dealer of the team, her Wolf tome came in handy with all those cavs and Savage Blow + Drive Atk helped Siegbert secure his kill against the Brave Bow archer. Vantage

- Selkie needed Atk and Def Tactic to deal with the sword cav and general mobile mage kiling.

- Turn order was important in the last turns, luckily Siegbert's Drag Back and Rhajat's Draw Back was the key to delete that mage flier.

---------

Next is a Nohr clear with some of my favourite Nohr units and obligatory Silas!

Team is +Atk +1 Silas, +Atk/-Res Odin, +Def +1 Beruka and +Res/-Atk Flora

Music is Dusk Falls (Fire) from Fire Emblem Fates

- Silas laughs at Ryoma's sword while Berkut's Lance laughs at the mage's tink magic. Beruka easily deels with the axe guy and the Guard effect on her axe is useful against the mage.

- Odin provides some nice Smite Link supports and while Flora softens enemies with dagger debuffs and Def Ploy.

------

Next is a Fates Kids/Heirs of Fate clear (of course Shiro has to face his father!)

Team is +Atk +1 Shiro, +Spd/-Def Siegbert, neutral Selkie and +Def/-HP Velouria

Music is Fin of Invincibility (Galford theme) from Samurai Shodown

- Time for Shiro to (easily) surpass his dad, tanking Ryoma's Astra with a tink sound. The mages were problematic though, so he had to rely on his teammates to deal with them

- Velouria was the best solution for the pegasus knight with Lancebreaker. Brazen Atk/Res also allowed her to survive a mage. Siegbert does usual hit and run GF shenanigans while Selkie tank/snipe a mage. She needed a speed boost against them so Swift Sparrow and Hone Cav provided the Spd. Sakura would live Siegbert by 2 HP so Shiro provided a Drive Atk boost.

-----

And lastly is a Hoshidan royals clear since Hoshidan enemy battles are rare. Also have to use the obligatory Alight somewhere!

Team is +Spd/-Res Ryoma, +Def/-HP Halloween Sakura, +Atk/-HP Hinoka and +Atk/-Def Adrift Mikoto

Music is Alight (Storm) from Fire Emblem Fates

- It's too bad Kitty Paddle isn't refinable, so Sakura had to get some Spur Atk help from her brother while also equipping Death Blow. Ryoma also needed Fury, Darting Stance and Drive Atk support to cleanly KO the axe fighter. Hinoka needed Lancebreaker against the peg knight.

- The Hoshidans aren't particularly bulky, so they enlisted the help of their mother Mikoto and her Flash staff to keep enemy Ryoma distracted while Hinoka Lunas him on the face. Enemy Ryoma falling meant the Blarowl mage was weak enough for Sakura to finish off.

@mcsilas It's nice to see the non-royal get some more attention!  I especially like Oboro, but it's too bad she's somewhat lacking as a unit.  That being said, it certainly doesn't stop her from dealing with Ryoma's Astra.  I liked your use of Smite for positioning and taking advantage of Kaden's skill and weapon effect!  By the way, I think you used the description from your Iago clear. x)

More double Brazen Silas is nice to see!  Is that the build you normally use, or was it just well suited for these last few maps where's he had to tank mages?

That Shiro quote at the beginning...lol.  Nice tactical retreat after Shiro (effortlessly) picks off his father.  If only he was smart enough to do that in his own paralogue map. >=(

Poor Takumi gets left out lol.  Maybe next time.  The Kitty Paddle is one of those weapons I always forget even exists.  It's unfortunate that Sakura Atk is too low to make proper use of it, but foddering her would make me feel bad. =(  I always watch your videos before reading the description so I didn't quite catch why she was suddenly able to kill the Blarowl mage at the end.  Well done on that!

@DLNarshen Ooof yeah copied the wrong thing. It's meant to be:

-----

Team is +Res/-Spd Oboro, neutral Kaze, +Atk/-Def Kagero and +Def/-Spd Kaden

- Pre-charged Astra? Meet Oboro's Spear with Close Def effect. Oboro needed a little Fury/Mirror Stance help to survive the mage attacks. Kaden also lends his support with his link + Smite.

- Mage enemies means Kaze's time to shine. Tanking attacks easily, while Kagero provides pure offense. Dagger debuffs also helped the other ninja do more damage.

----

But yeah thanks, i also was confused when Sakura could finally kill the blue mage, because I thought the tome was a bladetome (it was the other mage). Yeah too bad Kitty Paddle's might is so low, Sakura had decent Atk for a dagger unit back then but low Mt tanks it. And yeah Oboro alt when?

As for Silas, double Brazen was my go to until I fed him a Surtr for SS4. Although SS4 doesn't do anything for pre-charged specials so I went back to Brazen for now.

Shiro is a silly boy in his paralogue. At least from his voice quotes he seems to be wiser and not take things alone anymore.

Takumi would've stayed if he was a staff unit that prevented counterattacks lol. Plus I kind of wanted to use Mikoto for a Hoshidan enemy lol

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas I was surprised to see Kaden thrust into a combat-heavy role, since I was expecting his support abilities to be the key here, but he did a good job holding out on his own. Kagerou rise up!

Damn, RIP Ryoma, he couldn't do anything. Your Silas is really strong.

Well, Shiro wasn't wrong about lances beating swords. He beat his dad up with a lance. Excited for Siegbert's refine?

Mother knows best. It's rare to see some Mikoto love.