Vanilla Lunatic LTC ~ up to Ch.17 done

SSJDennis

Vanilla Lunatic LTC

Rules:

• Lunatic / Classic
  • +Mag/-Skl Female Robin.
  • Renown, not decided yet. Likely up to Speedwing, if I need it.
  • All Gen 1 units must be recruited and kept alive. Gen 2 characters are optional.
  • Paralogues 1, 2, 3, 4 and 17 are mandatory and may be done whenever. Children paralogues are all optional. However, any children paralogues done must result in the children themselves being recruited.
  • Skirmishes, DLC, Logbook, bonus box, wireless, Anna shops are all banned.
  • Sparkling tiles must be avoided where possible. Any items obtained as a result must be discarded.

Main concerns:

• Reach Galeforce in time.
  • Train Chrom.
  • Morgans path.
  • Turn shaving.
  • OBS lag.

Completed chapters (recorded to YouTube):

Prologue 4 turns
Chapter 1 3 turns
Chapter 2 3 turns
Chapter 3 3 turns
Chapter 4 2 turns
Chapter 5 3 turns
Chapter 6 3 turns

Estimated turns upcoming chapters:

Spoiler

Chapter 18  1 turn
Chapter 19  1 turn
Chapter 20  1 turn
Chapter 21  1 turn
Chapter 22  1 turn
Chapter 23  3 turns*
Chapter 24  2 turns
Chapter 25  1 turn
Endgame 1 turn

Paralogue 1  1 turn
Paralogue 2  2 turns
Paralogue 3  1 turn

Paralogue 4  2 turns
Paralogue 5
Paralogue 6
Paralogue 7
Paralogue 8
Paralogue 9
Paralogue 10
Paralogue 11
Paralogue 17  2 turns

Chapters with an "*" have a potential turn shave. Its been a while since I played this game so some strategies will be foggy. I have found some notes from 2015, which told me I found a way to 2 turn Ch1. But upon reading it, I think it was with +SPD Robin, getting a few follow ups from Frederick. He at least needs some shielding from the enemies, I don't think it is something I can do IRL. I think the same could be said about the Prologue, in theory it can be done in 3 turns. But IRL this isn't going to happen, especially not if you want good growths.

I am an open book. Open for suggestions. Also would like some help on speeding up the videos, currently using OBS, which is easy to use. But it seems my laptop isn't to fond of it. Videos start major lags, running at 10~15% speed. Without, I can reach 60~70% game speed. I would like higher, as its less tedious when playing through it. At first I thought I would figure the strategy, record it later. But I already lost some good levels / lucky clears in the progress before, so nowadays I record and play at the same time.

Some guides I have been using:
Lunatic+ LTC / Barrel
Lunatic LTC / Gradivus.
Lunatic+ LTC footage / Chiki

Minor update;

Don't think Chrom will reach lv. 10 in time. I have some chapters where he could've gotten a bit more EXP. Also got some clears where he reached lv.10 (unpromoted) by chapter 9. Will matter if he ends with like lv.9.52 in the end, but I think its okay.

Old thoughts below:

Spoiler

Not likely that I can get as many good level-ups as Chiki and/or get the amount of Dual Strikes / Dual Guards. But some seems reasonable. Still not sure if I should restart to give Chrom the extra 30 EXP in the Prologue and Robin the ~40 EXP in Chapter 1. Though that level up on Frederick is too good to pass up on. Did reset the chapter, Chrom only got 9 more EXP in the end. Not worth giving up my other savefile.

About Renown, not sure if I need it. Would also be special to clear a LTC without it. First instance I can think of, would be Orsin's Hatchet (chapter 3). But I guess I can use a Javelin. Not sure what kind of might I will need on it. Need a strong Javelin for later anyways, when Robin can't use magic anymore. But the early Second Seal is something I most likely need. At least 100 Renown for early Pegasus.

Getting Chrom to 10/10/1 will take some good planning. Trying to feed him as much as I can early on, but he is such a good pair-up bot. Other units I want to feed? Maybe Ricken, so he can use Rescue eventually? Would Griffon Rider Cherche with Deliverer be possible? What would be a good time to get Anna ? 2 Turns seems minimum to me.

If there are any Chapters you think I could go lower, or have tips, please point them out. Will likely not redo a chapter, if I am too far into the game. So redoing the Prologue is now okay, but not when I reach chapter 4 or so.

Did anyone know that Ephraim's Lance is that broken ? +2 STR / + 2 SPD. Makes a 3 turn in Chapter 2 super (chees)easy >_> Sure not too use that XP. Can go for an "easy" 4 turn, or try a "lucky" 3 turn. For the 3 turn clear, I need a crit from the Iron Lance, or Rapier. Both at 4% tops. Will try, until I get tired of this chapter. Turns out the critical hit isn't needed and would actually wastes alot of EXP. Had to start over, so I would save more Silver Lance uses. Even went out of the way, to score a critical hit on the Ch.1 boss with Chrom. He has around 9% which is pretty decent. Thought I was recording that run, but turned out I didn't. Will redo the chapter 1 clear at some stage, but now just want to move on.

Chapter 3 should be more forgiving. Still have three Silver Lance uses left. Which is two for the boss and one spare, maybe for the Chapter 4 boss. But I can use renown after this fight, right ? Might even bring out the Ephraim's Lance. Lost the one I had in the previous chapter. Lisa and Robin got a minor support boost out of the shining tile.

Currently also considering doing the children paralogues, if not too hard to get the support points. Will just pair everyone with their fastest support.

Chapter 4, after first completion:

Chapter 4 cleared. Actually the first time I noticed the skills on enemies and with it came some more resets. Mage with +2MAG actually caught me on surprise a few times. Before this chapter I didn't bother checking for enemy skills. Don't think it would result in turn shaving up too now.

I know I have cleared chapter 5 in 4 turns in the past. But not really sure how to make my way up. Also Chrom and Robin still don't have any support level ? Sure, they don't fight often, but I remember having C by now. Maybe its just me going already 5 turns faster then my last time. The EXP of Robin is still on track. I think she will hit like lv.13 or so in Chapter 5. Should I promote her in the middle of the chapter ? Not really sure yet, guess I will figure out on the way.

Saw some old documentation of Ruadath doing chapter 5 in TWO turns. That was very discouraging too read XD I will (never, ever) not be able to make that. I am sorry. But found some clues too beat chapter 6 and 7 in fewer turns then estimated. At least, those strats don't seem impossible to do. Hopefully that risen encounter leaves the tonic shop soon 😞 Maybe I should've bought more tonics last time.

*sigh* seems I need to redo chapter 4. I think I can barely reach l120 with Robin, if I kill Marth with him.

Strategy pretty easy and straightforward, but need some dodges, our guards. Together with good level-ups, this is kind of frustrating. But I might (might...) be able to clear chapter 5 in 3 turns as a reward. Without a second flier this is impossible. (Read: strong flier)

Sigh, this is what I got: https://ibb.co/CPVhQFw  18 EXP short !! Need to look if I can get some more EXP. Maybe the mage in this chapter wants to attack me, if Frederick stays on full health. Which means a 80~ miss from Marth.

Chapter 4, getting Robin to level 10:

Figured I needed a C-support with a cavalier by now. With this, Robin would have exactly enough speed to double everyone but Marth. Getting C with Sully would've been an easy task, which I neglected. Was using an (overkill boon) speed Robin in the drafts. Been trying to redo the early game, but getting all those level ups again is really time consuming. Not to speak about the actual strategies involved. Chapter 2 gave me a really bad time before. So, I did much study on chapter 4 and figured it out. I need some 70~ dodges though. One at the first enemy phase. Then two for Fred (unless he scores a crit on the knight) and two for Robin in the end. At least I think the axe users reach that. Robin gets healed in turn2 by Lisa, who takes Sully away, so Robin is free to pair up with Chrom. Robin got the Speedwings because I missed the C with Sully (wasting a good resource) or I try for crit kill on turn1 which would drive me crazy. She also got the Spirit Dust. Which enables her to (exactly) everything and kill Marth without a needed follow up from Chrom. All I need now are good level ups, thank fully Robin is great in this part. Fred just needs spd/str. Sully I don't care about really. Expect a video by the weekend. Then chapter 5, which will be fun with flyer Robin.

I find it very amusing too see how much you can learn by playing a stage over and over again. I think I tried like 8 different strategies by now, to finally learn the right way.

If I ever feel bored (like never) might try the 3turn of Ruadath in the prologue. I already managed to give it more reliability. But didn't pull it of yet. Robin + Fred do 1 damage short to kill the boss. Which results in another dodge.

A 3 turn will kill much EXP for Chrom, but makes Robin stronger. Also got Robin to lv3.50 in my retry by killing the early Myrmidon with a Chrom follow up. Main problem was the mage moving to a bad spot most of the time. Also decent, not good level ups.

Anyone think Chrom can reach 10/10 in time? Would he gain faster EXP as a cav/archer? Likely I want to keep his Sword rank. 18levels seem okay. Though Ricken also needs attention and he joins soon.

Chapter 5.

Replaying chapter 5, over and over again. 3 turn clear is a given. No clue how to move, in order to get a 2 turn clear. My strength is enough, but my movement isn't. Even if I move Robin to the left upper spot, then Sumia can't reach the mage she (paired with Chrom) needs to kill. Trying to get more reliability into my strategies, so I can preform them easier. Thus making it much easier to reset for level ups.

Lon'Qu got a Strength Tonic, so he doesn't need to crit. kill the dark mage (clean ORKO, paired with Vaike). Him dodging with 40% hit seems to be difficult for him, which seems strange. I also need a bit of luck against Orson (2hits with both 18% crit rate, or a single follow up). To lower the needed follow up hits, he also gets a +2 Iron Sword.

Right now I need like 3 required/forced follow up attacks. Also like some critical hits from Lon'Qu. At least two, then I can finish off the rest with my "whole" army.

Good thing most requirements are in turn 1. Either PP, or EP. So if that goes well, the rest likely goes too. The left wyverns also tend to move slightly different from time to time. No clue why. Hoping to get the wanted clear by tomorrow, or later this week.

Chapter 6.

Trying to figure out, if I can beat Validar without a critical or Luna hit. Seems possible, but then I need two follow up attacks of Sumia (with the beastkiller). Robin needs to reach D-Lances. Which she is already half way. Robin reached D in time. Validar can't be killed without the need of a critical hit, or Luna. Unless I spend crazy money, which I do not want.

Chapter 7.

Planning out chapter 7. Ruadath made a pretty detailed write up for a two turn. Going to try that, but most likely I want Chrom with Robin, as Chrom can grab the C-support with Sumia already. Need to support those two. Might even use a Seed of Trust in turn 1, if I can find some space. Trying to feed Ricken a kill or two, I have the feeling he is already a bit behind.

Ricken in the mix wasn't a good idea and added alot of risk to my strats. So I only used Chrom, Robin, Freddy and Sumia. Plan was to lure a lower Wyvern to Lon'Qu and dodge, double hit and hope that Ricken kills next turn. In the mean time Robin, paired with Chrom, had do dodge some attacks. While Freddy went up and used his sword, with low risk of death.

Then the worst part comes. The thief needs to move below Fred. If not, a 2 turn clear is impossible. Then the boss also needs to move in range of an attack. Enemies just switch orders, whenever I pick Javelin, etc etc. Wyvern hell isn't fun for Freddy with a Javelin equipped. Fred needs crit kill the boss, or get a single follow up from Chrom. Yes, Chrom will be transferred to Fred on turn2, while also killing the archer (or certain death for Robin).

Then we just pray. It isn't to bad. Robin kills all incoming Wyverns with barely enough damage. Fred needs some help from Chrom, but they have a 50+% to make it happen (B-Support).
Going to reset for some nice level ups. Especially Freddy will need it, as he will soon reach a drought.

Chapter 8.

Chapter 7 cleared. Now I only need to record an attempt I am happy with. Chapter 8 is weird. I think a 3 turn will be possible. Though it will be very tight. I think the enemy movement on EP1 will make or break the whole 3 turn. Plan is to let Robin w/ Chrom take the upper left and clear it. Sumia moves down, attacks the lower cav and needs a follow up of Fred with the Beastkiller. If it doesn't happen, she's dead. Upper right also somewhat tricky. Panne would need to dodge the fighter, or the dark mage. Doubles the fighter with Sully pair up. Ricken gets the kill. Cordelia needs to weaken the myrmidon, but is doubled in return.

Turn 2 I get to the village with Sumia, switching to Fred with a full inventory. Lisa moves with Gaius to Robin, picks the Master Seal from the convoy and trades it to Robin. Heals her. Robin moves as far as she can, using the Master Seal.

Turn 3 is horrible. Need to pray the upper right team survives. Then they need to kill the remains of the dark mage and myrmidon. I think trying to get Nowi there is bad for enemy movement. Nowi needs to lure the enemies to the left, so hopefully they can attack Robin during EP2 (or 3). Boss kill will be easy. Just hoping to dodge her attack.

If everything goes well, it seems possible. But again, enemy movement is key.

Chapter 9.

Chapter 9 will be tricky. I want to keep Tharja alive and recruit her. Not sure if that is possible within three turns. If Libra stays alive, he will joins after the chapter right? This should at least keep Chrom safe to move further. I guess Robin needs to clear a path. Maybe I can recruit Libra with Chrom, then pair up and try to lure Tharja into attacking them. Will be heavy enemy movement invested then. Boss is weak to magic, so don't expect much troubles there.

OK, think I have figured this out. Turn 1 I need to kill the mage (Cordela/w. Gaius), acher (Fred) and Wyvern (Robin/w. Chrom). Trying to lure the other Wyvern towards Ricken and co (for EXP). Robin moves just in range of the lower enemies, while Freddy can kill the whole middle group. EP1, Tharja needs to move high (just in range of Robin and Chrom). During turn 2, I will fly to Tharja, switch to Chrom, recruit and transfer Chrom over. Robin kills an archer. Tharja/w. Chrom moves to the right. Chrom has enough speed to double and kill the wyverns (if the decide to attack him). Everybody dies. Last turn I move Tharja back and transfer Chrom over. Robin moves to the boss and kills. Freddy kills the remaining foes. This is only working if Libra joins if he survives the fight. Cannot seem to find info about this, but pretty sure he does.

Chapter 10 ~ 12.

So the Rescue staff had 5 charges instead of 3... I wonder why I didn't check this before. Wasn't sure if I needed a charge in Ch12. Also not sure how to beat Ch12. in 2 turns. Everyone says its possible, but I likely need to figure out the movement of enemies first. Cherche and Freddy also will do some heavy lifting.

Chapter 10 will be all about level ups. I don't expect much difficulty here. I will also try to pump as much EXP in Robin as possible. She is fairly good at dodging. Hopefully this time around the boss will attack last XD

Edited by SSJDennis
update v4

Since I am allowed to spend money from Chapter 4 and onward, I decided to make a little summary every chapter.

Chapter 4. 

Bought: 3x Strength Tonic (only Frederick really needed one, wasted two), 3x Defense Tonic (used by Frederick and Robin, also Chrom got one, but doesn't need it).
Forged: Thunderbirds (+1MT Thunder, 315 G)
Renown awards used: Spirit Dust (used on Robin), Speedwing (used on Robin), Orsin's Hatchet, Ephraim's Lnce.
Wasted money: 450 G.
On my defense: My first clear needed more strength on Sumia and Chrom was actually fighting some enemies.
Money left: 3785 G

Chapter 5.

Bought: 4x Strength Tonic (Chrom, Frederick, Lon'Qu and Robin), 3x Defense Tonic (Chrom, Frederick and Robin)
Forged: Missiletainn (+2MT Iron Sword, 780 G), Mighty Lance (+3MT Bronze Lance, 1050 G)
Force uses: Iron Sword +2 lets Frederick exactly kill wyverns. Bronze Lance was needed for Robin, because of the lack of strength.
Sold: Bronze Sword 175 G, Fire 258 G
Renown awards used: Second Seal.
Money left: 1338 G

Chapter 6.

Bought: 4x Strength Tonic (Chrom, Frederick, Sumia and Robin), 3x Defense Tonic (Chrom, Frederick and Robin)
Forged: Orsin's Hatchet (+2MT, 1440 G), Flying Arrow (+2MT Javelin, 1050 G)
Force uses: Orsin's Hatchet for reliability against dark mages (and extra power vs. Validar). Javelin to clean kill fighters when D-rank is achieved.
Sold: Bullion(M)
Renown awards used: Beast Killer, Levin Sword.
Money left: 2648 G

Chapter 7.

Bought: 2x Strength Tonic (Frederick, Robin), 3x Defense Tonic (Robin, Frederick, one spare)
Forged: Noble Lance (+2MT Iron Lance, 840 G)
Force uses: +2MT to clean kill enemy wyverns with Robin.
Sold: Heal
Renown awards used: Seed of Trust
Money left: 1768 G

Chapter 8.

Bought: 5x Strength Tonic (Frederick, Robin, Sumia, Cordelia, Panne), 1x Magic Tonic (Robin), 1x Res Tonic (Nowi), 2x Def tonic (Robin, Cordelia), Javelin (Sumia)
Forged: Excalipoor (+1MT Elwind, 455 G)
Force uses: +1MT to clean kill enemy boss (without the need of a follow up attack).
Sold: Bullion (M)
Renown awards used: 
Money left: 4263 G

Chapter 9.

Bought: 2x Strength Tonic (Frederick, Chrom), 1x Magic Tonic (Robin), 1x Speed Tonic (Chrom), 2x Defense Tonic (Robin, Chrom)
Forged: Harpoon (+1MT Javelin, 355 G)
Force uses: Part of an old plan. Not really needed this item.
Sold: -
Renown awards used: -
Money left: 3013 G

Chapter 10.

Bought: 2x Strength Tonic (Cordelia, Chrom), 1x Speed Tonic (Chrom)
Forged: -
Force uses: -.
Sold: Killer Bow, Iron Bow, Steel Bow, Bronze Sword, Iron Axe, Beaststone, 7x Vulnerary, Bullion (M)
Money left: 11515 G (actually sold after the chapter)

Chapter 11.

Bought: 1x Strength Tonic (Gregor), 1x Speed Tonic (Ricken), 2x Res Tonic (Ricken, Robin), 1x Defense Tonic (Robin), 2x Magic Tonic (Ricken, Robin), Wind (Robin)
Force uses: -.
Money left: 10015 G

Chapter 12.

Bought: 2x Speed Tonic (Ricken, Frederick), 2x Defense Tonic (Robin, Frederick), 2x Magic Tonic (Ricken, Robin), 1x Luck Tonic (Robin)
Forged: Excalipoor (+2MT Elwind, 910 G)
Force uses: Needed a second strong tome, so Ricken could get some EXP. Will be used by Robin later on.
Money left: 8055 G

Chapter 13.

Bought: 1x Speed Tonic (Frederick), 1x Rescue staff
Force uses: -
Money left: 6625 G

Chapter 14.

Bought: 1x Rescue staff
Force uses: -
Sold: 1x Iron Sword, 2x Steel Sword, 1x Wyrmslayer, 1x Rapier, 1x Iron Lance, 1x Javelin, 1x Steel Axe, 1x Silver Axe, 1x Silver Bow, 1x Bullion (M), 3x Bullion (L)
Renown awards used: Bullion (L), not needed, just because I already took the Speed Wing before.
Money left: 45,420 G (lol)

Edited by SSJDennis