Fire Emblem: The Quest of Kwiat

CustardPudding

This is a sort of passion project I've been working on since September. It has 3 parts. I've been working on a Google Doc for it, I'll attach it as soon as I've finished the first chapter. 

Part 1- Light and Redemption: 18 year old Zenaida discovers that Nobles in her country, Kwiat, are taking drastic measures to prevent people from taking action against Unckas' Remnant, a group dedicated to bringing back a god of destruction who raged war across the country 18 years prior. Thinking this to be an injustice, Zenaida brings together a group of people to defeat them, but at the end of the final battle, tragedy strikes and revelations are made. 

Part 2- The Beginning of War: 3 years after the events of Part 1, a young priestess named Fengari is given a message from the gods to journey to Kwiat's neighboring country, Sukaretto, to warn their Emperor of looming danger. At the same time, Zenaida's group is suffering heavy losses against a new group who formed from the shambles of Unckas' Remnant, Croceis' Truth, who are supporters of the future Queen Laverna, the queen of a small neighboring country named Octavia, promises to them. Nearly out of options, Zenaida's group turns to a mercenary squad to assist them, but the path to defeating both Croceis' Truth, Laverna, and Croceis herself is a tricky one. 

Part 3- Receivers of Destiny: 20 years after Part 2, Hermia, the daughter of Zenaida, has been tasked with forming a new group to defeat Laverna after a war against her spanning 20 years. (There's more stuff in Part 3, but that involves A LOT of spoilers so I'll keep that to myself for now.) 

Edited by CustardPudding

• 2 months later...

Whoop, it's been 3 months, but I finally remembered I made this so I guess here's a list of characters and places! (In three months this has gone over so many revisions but I'm getting quite happy with the overall result!) 

Note: I know that the names Tomas, Xavier, and Hubert are in previous games, but I chose the first two because I didn't know about the Archanea/Thracia character with it and Hubert is pronounced "Hu-bare." The side character Dorothea was named that simply because I thought "Dorothea's Mercenaries" sounded nice. 

Note #2: I made a child character for most of the Gen 1 characters, and I realize that it's stupid to do that but I did that back in September and by the time I realized that it could make for some messy storytelling, I realized I was too far into the whole project to take any out so...that's why. 

Omorfia: The continent in which the story takes place.

Kwiat: Omorfia's main country, it is ruled by Queen Lyssa Stark. 

Benir: The Benirian Empire ruled by Emperor Adalbert Krantz and later his daughter, Lollia Krantz. 

Vane: A small country led by the "Vanquisher" King Filibert Hermann. His one daughter, Rosaline, was declined the throne until a revolt that killed her father. 

Sukaretto: A country led by Eutimio Bellerose, which is currently at war with Kwiat. 

Jonquille: A little known country near Benir ruled by Empress Sonia Cline. She had one son, Cassio, who relinquished the throne to his daughter, Isidora.

Octavia: The country ruled by Prime Minister Timur. It has a rough relationship with Passerelle and has a strong military. 

Passerelle: A country ruled by Grand Bishop Eidel. They have a strong hatred for the people of Octavia. 

CHARACTERS

PART 1 

Zenaida: The adoptive daughter of a small noble house in the country of Kwiat, she discovered the corruption in Kwiat's nobility and aims to defeat both them and Unckas' Remnant. She is known across Omorfia as the "White Empress" 

Class: Lord

Wybert: Yolanthe's younger brother and the first person to join Zenaida's cause. While easy to get along with, he finds Yurika to be extremely creepy. 

Class: Archer

Yolanthe: The childhood friend of Zenaida and Wybert's older sister, she has a low self esteem but a need to assist people in any way possible. 

Class: Priest

Yurika: Cold and unmoving, she holds a hatred for Zenaida for reasons unclear. However, she has taken a liking to Wybert, to his disdain. 

Class: Dark Mage

Juvencio: An aloof warrior who is searching for his parents killer. He is the long lost older brother of Jovian. 

Class: Brigand

Undina: A noble mage who has great ambition, but fails to stand out from her elder sister. She is Zella's employer. 

Class: Mage

Zella: A maid for Undina's family, she never really seems to be there and rarely speaks or shows any emotion. 

Class: Maid

Jovian: A flirt who works as a mercenary to support his merchant parents, he is Juvencio's long lost younger brother. 

Class: Cavalier

Mishal: Kwiat's arrogant and at times rude prince, he ran away to search for his missing sister, Liviana. Seems to know Elowen. 

Class: Tactician 

Elowen: A wandering mercenary who is the niece of the famed mercenary Dorothea, though she hesitates to speak of that connection. Seems to know Mishal. 

Class: Mercenary

Eydis: The daughter of restaurant owners who is energetic and cheerful all the time, which puts off more than a few people. 

Kiandrae: A standoffish apothecary who is very protective of his younger sister, Kaede. 

Class: Apothecary

Kaede: A quiet but sweet young girl who is Kiandrae's younger sister. 

Class: Troubadour

Elpis: A mysterious and withdrawn girl who has much elegance. She resembles Elowen somewhat. 

Class: Bishop

Spoiler

Unckas: Sarcastic, cynical, and lazy, many find it hard to believe that he was once used as a being of destruction. 

Class: Manakete

PART 2

Fengari: A priestess who received a message from the gods to warn Emperor Eutimio of Sukaretto of a looming danger. Hubert's best friend. 

Hubert: An ex-assassin who gave up the job after Fengari saved his life, and he now lives at her shrine. Fengari's best friend. 

Class: Thief (Promotes to Assassin if Briella speaks to him) 

Xavier: A mysterious knight who appeared before Fengari to assist her on her journey. Seems to have a connection to the country of Sukaretto. 

Class: Paladin

Artemisia: Said to be a incarnation of a goddess, she resided in Krantz Castle until Fengari, Hubert, and Xavier saved her. 

Class: Warlock

Laleh: The self proclaimed "Ultimate Beauty" of Kwiat, she is a travelling dancer who accompanies Dumisani. 

Class: Dancer

Dumisani: A travelling artist who is often oblivious to the world around him. He is Laleh's travelling companion. 

Class: Dark Flier

Fabian: A friendly traveler who left home in part to search for his father, though mostly to get away from his older sister Gwenelia. 

Class: Warrior

Gwenelia: Fabian's older sister who was once a soldier working under General Frank of Octavia. After Fabian left home, she left as well to search for him. 

Class: Fortress Knight

Briella: Known as the "Deadly Swordswoman of Vane" she works for Dorothea's Mercenaries and is Lis's closest friend. 

Class: Swordmaster

Lis: A trickster who is kind in general, but has a love of creating mayhem. Briella's closest friend and Florimond's sister. 

Class: Trickster

Florimond: A loyal mercenary working for Dorothea, he once had dreams of becoming a knight. Lis's brother. 

Class: Wyvern Rider

Tomas: The rebellious son of nobles, he apparently owes Dorothea a debt. 

Class: Bow Knight

Einar: A travelling scholar who joined Dorothea's Mercenaries to fund his research. 

Class: Dark Knight

Otto: A timid, shy druid who has suffered much due to his tremendous gifts in magic. 

Class: Druid

Sonnet: A witch who insists that she is not bad due to the common consensus about witches, and gets annoyed at those who think she is. 

Class: Witch

PART 3

Hermia: Zenaida's daughter. She is determined to bring peace to Omorfia, but struggles with the weight of her mother’s legacy. She is stoic and reserved, Zenaida's opposite. 

Class: Lord

Aubin: Yolanthe's son. He is usually patient and mild mannered, but has a terrifying temper when angered. He is Hermia's closest friend. 

Ermis: Wybert's son. He holds a disdain for Zenaida and seems to mutually respect and dislike Hermia, an odd combination. He took up the sword to spite his father. 

Class: Archer

Ariane: Juvencio's daughter. A trained healer, she is soft spoken but determined to contribute to the war effort. 

Philomene: Fengari's daughter. While apparently on a “holy mission” she prefers to tease Yachle’el and coddle Edvaldo instead. 

Edvaldo: Hubert's son. While he has pledged his life to Philomene, he has a rivalry of sorts with Yachle’el on who is the better guard, though he doesn't take it seriously. 

Class: Thief 

Yachle'el: Undina's son. He begrudgingly works to protect Philomene on her journey, but he has a bitter rivalry (on his part, at least) with Edvaldo. 

Class: Dark Mage

Vivek: Juvencio's son. After running away from his family, he has become a wandering mercenary accompanied by Lindy, his cousin. 

Lindy: Jovian's daughter. A travelling dancer searching for her father, she ran into Vivek by chance and now accompanies him, to his chagrin.

Class: Dancer

Desmond: Zella's son. He is happy and upbeat despite the circumstances of the war, though many are confused how he turned out that way seeing who his mother is.

Class: Brigand

Iris: Mishal's daughter. She is a petty thief who is terribly clumsy, making many wonder how she hasn’t been caught yet. 

Class: Thief

Floretta: Elpis' daughter. She is a trainee pegasus knight who is absolutely terrible at it, though she continues to be optimistic that she will get better. 

Class: Pegasus Knight

Damian: Elowen's son. He is a knight serving the Kingdom of Kwiat, but has unrealistic views of what a “knight” truly is, causing him to be ridiculed often. 

Aleksander: Eydis' son. He defected to Laverna’s side after they threatened to destroy the village he grew up in. While he dislikes it, he does so to ensure his mother’s safety.

Reine: A girl with a love of dark humor and teasing. 

Spoiler

She is Unckas' daughter. 

Class: Manakete

Pearl: Kiandrae's daughter. A deadpan knight with seemingly next to no emotion, she serves Reine as her personal guard. 

Class: Pegasus Knight

Ferran: Laleh's son. The tactician for Hermia’s group, he is a workaholic as a result of his mother’s laziness growing up. 

Class: Mage

Lyra: Dumisani's daughter.  She is extremely frail and ill-equipped for the battlefield, but fights to earn money for her sickly older brother. However, some cast doubt that she is actually as weak as she claims...

Luitgard: Fabian's daughter. A wyvern rider working as a mercenary to escape the pain of her past. 

Class: Wyvern Rider

Arik: Gwenelia's son. A mercenary that works beside Luitgard, he enjoys fighting to almost a strange extent. 

Viviane: Briella's daughter. She is seen as a “beauty” and is obsessed with keeping up this image in front of others, though she puts on a mask of absolute perfection.

Class: Dark Bishop

Floriana: Tomas' daughter. Known for her beauty and elegance,  she dislikes talking in a formal manner and is frustrated when people only desire to get to know her because of her status. 

Silvester: Lis's son. Very serious and uptight, he works to protect Delphinium, who he has pledged his loyalty to. Though, he does have a rather dry sense of humor.

Class: Fortress Knight

Rodger: Einar's son. A gallant, charming knight, he has many admirers all across Omorfia. However, he seems to be hiding his true personality beneath the surface. 

Class: Paladin

Delphinium: Artemisia's daughter. She struggles with her fate that she knows is inevitable, but tries to reverse it regardless. She dislikes her name, preferring to be called “Delphi.” 

Class: Warlock

Rebecae: Xavier's daughter. Refined and serious, but is a bit spoiled and doesn’t know how to act around commoners. 

Class: War Cleric

Dirk: Florimond's son. An all around “nice guy” who desires to help people the best he can, he was taken from his family 12 years ago and was raised by Thelma, a barmaid. 

Class: Hero

Clarice: Otto's daughter. Since her father was such a wimp and had no bravery whatsoever, she became a warrior in order to protect him.

Adam: Sonnet's son. He practices witchcraft to please his mother, though he has no particular love or skill for it.

Class: Dark Bishop

Mabrie: Undina's older sister. She raised many of the children alongside Maristella and Anan, but is a powerful soldier in her own right. 

Class: Valkyrie

Maristella: Mabrie's companion. She is reserved and usually lets Mabrie do the talking, but cares about the children as much as Mabrie and Anan do. 

Class: Holy Knight

Anan: Mabrie's companion.  He acts as a mentor figure to the children, teaching them combat alongside Mabrie. 

Class: Mortal Savant

Edited by CustardPudding

These are the pairings I'm planning to use for the actual plot script I'll be making, but I'll be making supports for more than one pairing so keep that in mind. 

Gen 1: 

Zenaida/Juvencio

Yolanthe/Fabian

Wybert/Eydis

Undina/Florimond

Zella/Otto

Jovian/Elpis

Mishal/Elowen

Kiandrae/Gwenelia

Spoiler

Unckas

/Lis

Fengari/Hubert

Xavier/Artemisia

Laleh/Tomas

Dumisani/Briella

Sonnet/Einar

Gen 2: 

Hermia/Ermis

Philomene/Yachle'el

Desmond/Iris

Floretta/Rodger

Pearl/Ferran

Delphinium/Adam

Dirk/Clarice

Silvester/Ariane

Edited by CustardPudding

• 5 months later...

What, it's been 7 months? WHO CARES? I certainly don't! So, here's the Prologue. After this, I may still take awhile, but less long than last time, at least. 

Prologue) Whispers in the Forest

In the continent of Omorfia, there are 7 countries: Kwiat, Benir, Vane, Sukaretto, Jonquille, Octavia, and Passerelle. Each country worships the gods, who they believe make their country a better place as they once blessed the 20 Marked Warriors, the heroes who saved the continent 1500 years ago. 

18 years prior to the beginning of the story, the Queen of Kwiat, Lyssa Stark, declared war upon the Church of St. Elian for meddling with the lives of the people, not letting them live freely. 

The head of the church, Irene, wished to avoid unnecessary conflict and formed a peace treaty with Lyssa, allowing people to live without the church officials involving themselves. The citizens of Kwiat were enraged at this news, but two in particular, the manakete siblings Unckas and Croceis, seemed very angry, eventually declaring war upon Omorfia itself, somehow raising an army of ridiculous numbers to destroy and pillage with no clear motive. 

Everyone went into a panic, and in a number of days the citizens of Omorfia as a whole were suffering and losing badly. The war effort was getting so desperate that many renowned warriors went to confront Unckas himself, but they often were never seen again or turned up dead. Just as things were looking dire, a warrior woman named Vanesa Holt defeated Unckas, putting him into a deep slumber and ultimately ending the war, with Croceis disappearing. 

After 18 years, peace seemed to finally be upon the people of Omorfia.

(Zenaida walks into the dining room of the Van Houtem house) 

Zenaida: Lady Beatrix? Lord Leonardo?

Leonardo: Zenaida! How is the birthday girl doing on her special day?

Zenaida: Um, fine. 

Leonardo: Only fine?! Is there anything I can do-

Beatrix: You’re smothering her, Leo! Let the girl be, she is 18 now, after all. 

Zenaida: Actually, that’s what I wanted to talk about. I’m 18, I’m an adult now. 

Leonardo: Yes! It seems like only yesterday you were crawling about!

Beatrix: Leo!

Leonardo: Sorry. Go on, dear. 

Zenaida: Um, right. Anyway, now that I’m 18, I wish to travel around Kwiat. If you allow me, that is. 

Leonardo: What?! But dear, you simply cannot-

Zenaida: Lord Leonardo, I’m not a child anymore. 

Leonardo: I know, but...you know that those Remnant people are parading around, and I’m not sure it’s safe for you to go out into the world yet! 

Zenaida: I understand the dangers, but I’m ready to begin my life in earnest! I already have a plan; I’ll travel for a bit, and perhaps visit Yolanthe and Tomas' families! It will help strengthen our ties with them, so my journey will benefit our house as well. 

Leonardo: I’m still unsure…

Beatrix: Leo, let her go. She’ll be fine! I’ve trained her to defend herself; have you seen her handle a dagger? 

Beatrix: *Sigh* I suppose I have no choice but to give you my blessing, dear. 

Zenaida: I-I can go? Thank you! 

Leonardo: Yes, BUT, there are rules. Well, only one. You can do whatever you please around Kwiat, but only if you promise to return in 5 years time to inherit the title as head of House Van Houtem. Me and Beatrix won’t be young forever, you know. 

Zenaida: I promise! 5 years is more than enough; I’ll start packing now! 

(Zenaida Leaves)

Leonardo: …Bea, are we making a mistake, letting her go? If she dies, I’ll never be able to forgive myself. 

Beatrix: She’ll be alright. She has a strong will AND a knife. I am a bit concerned about those Remnant people, but I doubt they can actually do any real damage. Trust me on this one, Leo. 

Leonardo: Alright… 

(The scene cuts to Zenaida standing beside a wagon.) 

Zenaida: Thank you for taking me this far! 

Wagon driver: No problem. Stay safe! You know that those Unckas Worshippers are around…

(Wagon Driver leaves)

Zenaida: *Sigh* I do wish everyone would stop worrying about me. I know they are being kind, but I know how to defend myself…

(The scene turns from midday to night.)

Zenaida: How many miles until the next town? 

(She checks a map) 

Zenaida: Four? Not bad, but still about 1 hour of walking…

???: Gah! Somebody help me! 

Zenaida: Hm? A woman’s crying for help! This may end up horribly, but I'm going to have to walk into the face of danger, Lady Beatrix...

Abram: Be quiet, girl! Our Unckas will be very pleased with you…now just stay silent while we kill you…

???: NO! Dang it, I didn’t want to-

Zenaida: (Those people going to KILL her?! Okay Zenaida, stay calm...choose the best course of action…)

???: YOU! PERSON IN THE BUSHES! STOP LOAFING AROUND AND SAVE ME! 

Abram: Ah, so we have guests? 

Zenaida: Damn that girl! Ugh...fighting 4 mages on my first day travelling, what a dream...

(Battle Starts)

Abram: Kill the pesky little albino first, then get to the blonde one. Have as much fun as you like!

Against Abram with Zenaida: 

Zenaida: Do we have to do this? Just let the girl go...

Abram: Ha! You really have no idea who she is, do you, girl?

Zenaida: Well, no, but I can’t just stand around and let you KILL her! No matter how it’s her fault I have to fight all of you like this…

Abram is Defeated: 

Abram: No...Unckas...save...me…

(After Battle)

Zenaida: *Sigh* That’s all of them. Are you alright?

???: Yep! Thanks for your help! Bye now! 

Zenaida: What? No, you can’t leave! You at least owe me a explanation for why those cultists were attempting to murder you. Why were they?

Coralie: Ugh...well, my name is Coralie.

Zenaida: Coralie...that sounds oddly familiar. But that wasn't the answer to my question, was it? 

Coralie: Well, it's only polite to tell you my name first! I'll have you know that I was simply taking a nice little walk in the woods-

Zenaida: In the middle of the night?

Coralie: Yes! I happen to enjoy nightly walks. Anyways, I was walking and suddenly, those horrible people grabbed me and attempted to kill me! But...eh. I've been through worse. 

Zenaida: ...Alright. if that's all, I must leave now. The people in the neighboring town will surely want to be informed about this incident so they’ll be able to take proper precautions. 

Coralie: Ha! I wouldn’t bother telling THOSE brutes, trust me. 

Zenaida: What? Why’s that? 

Coralie: The next few towns are controlled by the noble families of Flore-Comantem and Vincent, as I’m sure YOU know, judging by the quality of that outfit of yours. 

Zenaida: Yes, I’m well aware of all these facts, Miss Coralie. But, um...what do they have to do with what we are talking about? 

Coralie: Gods, you remind me of Hime...but anyways, those two families are under orders from Lyssa herself to keep the whole Unckas thing quiet and make sure the townspeople believe the whole thing to be a bit of a joke. People HAVE begun to notice more disappearances than usual lately, of course. Mostly mages and clerics, since they believe that they have a closer tie to Unckas as they control magic...but most noble families attempt to shush the whole thing, since Lyssa doesn't want to be criticized the way she was during the LAST war. 

Zenaida: I see. That’s rather...troubling, to say the very least. I’ll have to do something about it...tell the people in town about it. It’s simply common sense to believe in such a thing with the amount of evidence there is, they’ll surely see reason. 

Coralie: I wouldn’t count on that. A sad fact is that commonly, people are short sighted...they refuse to acknowledge the truth if they simply don’t want to see it. The war 18 years ago was a brutal one. Nobody wants to admit that people are parading around, attempting to bring back the being that killed thousands…

Zenaida: You may...be right. But I still need to tell them. Regardless of whether or not they believe it, it’s better that they know the true gravity of the situation and be somewhat aware rather than be ignorant and die later. 

Coralie: Welllll, if you insist on doing so...let me come with you. I can help! 

Zenaida: Um...how so? 

Coralie: Ugh, you sound like you doubt my skills. Trust me, I know I'm just a petty thief-

Zenaida: You are? 

Coralie: Was it not obvious? I have been for a LOOOONG time, I've got loads of experience. But anyway, I can manage your convoy! Dora taught me how, and she’s the most organized person I’ve ever met! 

Zenaida: Well, alright. But promise not to cause too much trouble for me…

Coralie: Why would I?! Well, let's get going~

Zenaida: Yes, let's. 

Edited by CustardPudding