Chapter 1 beaten without Marcus

Harvey

1 minute ago, Whisky said:

Eventually. But I do think Marcus is still very helpful for a little while after getting Zealot.

Hence why I said "phase out", instead of replace.

Of course both are still recommended as long as they don't hinder any deployment slots, obviously. That means they'll be able to prticipate in rescue chains together. Part of me wishes they could support, even, so that deploying them together would entail even better performance for both.

OK, this is cool and all, but nobody asked the obvious question yet: Has anyone ever managed to beat the first chapter without Wolt? Now that would be an achievement. He's better than Marcus, after all.

8 hours ago, ping said:

OK, this is cool and all, but nobody asked the obvious question yet: Has anyone ever managed to beat the first chapter without Wolt? Now that would be an achievement. He's better than Marcus, after all.

Oh dang. I’m too scared to try that. Wolt is too good.

8 hours ago, ping said:

7 minutes ago, Whisky said:

Oh dang. I’m too scared to try that. Wolt is too good.

The sarcasm is fairly funny, but some poor fool who never played this game might think you are serious. Wolt's chip is nice, but its easy to complete chapter 1 if you send Wolt to sit in a corner and think about his shortcomings. Just did it on Hard Mode in a few minutes just to be sure.

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2020 at 10:49 AM, Harvey said:

So I argued with someone that beating chapter 1 without marcus would be practically impossible. Well turns out that he did do it without Marcus. You know? That very first chapter where you have tough enemies that even Allen and Lance won't kill easy at first?

Well, here's the vid..

All I can say is that the RNG was in his favor otherwise, he would have lost Allen at the last part.

This is considered hard? I do this on every play through.