Hello from a new member!

JohnJohn

Hey, I'm John! I've been playing Fire Emblem games ever since I was eight and now that I'm 21, I'm still an avid fan of the series despite having to be an adult in life now. I have frequented this site for years but never actually made an account, but now I decided to! I'm very interested in making my own FEHack and have all sorts of interesting prospects for a new fan game, but have literal 0 experience with hacking or anything like that to do so. Any insight or help is much appreciated! I'd also love to talk about anything really, be it FE related or not. Glad to be here!

36 minutes ago, JohnJohn said:

Hey, I'm John! I've been playing Fire Emblem games ever since I was eight and now that I'm 21, I'm still an avid fan of the series despite having to be an adult in life now. I have frequented this site for years but never actually made an account, but now I decided to! I'm very interested in making my own FEHack and have all sorts of interesting prospects for a new fan game, but have literal 0 experience with hacking or anything like that to do so. Any insight or help is much appreciated! I'd also love to talk about anything really, be it FE related or not. Glad to be here!

Welcome!  Depending on what kind of game you want to make and how much you want it to deviate from GBAFE mechanics, SRPG Studio is a great engine for making FE clones if you have $60 to spare.  I'm using it myself to make a game right now, which is about 3/4 of the way done.  Of course, if you want to do something simpler or don't have the money, there's also FEBuilder.

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Welcome!  Depending on what kind of game you want to make and how much you want it to deviate from GBAFE mechanics, SRPG Studio is a great engine for making FE clones if you have $60 to spare.  I'm using it myself to make a game right now, which is about 3/4 of the way done.  Of course, if you want to do something simpler or don't have the money, there's also FEBuilder.

I'm looking to use pretty standard FE mechanics and using FE8 as a base. I just know nothing about it. I have the money to spare, especially with all my overtime I'm getting due to the virus going around lol. I will have to check out SRPG. I want to make my own stand alone game, not just reskinning or redoing already made games. Once I can start posting and stuff, I was actually going to look around and try to 'recruit' other makers to help me out to help make my dream come true, lol.

2 minutes ago, JohnJohn said:

I'm looking to use pretty standard FE mechanics and using FE8 as a base. I just know nothing about it. I have the money to spare, especially with all my overtime I'm getting due to the virus going around lol. I will have to check out SRPG. I want to make my own stand alone game, not just reskinning or redoing already made games. Once I can start posting and stuff, I was actually going to look around and try to 'recruit' other makers to help me out to help make my dream come true, lol.

Okay.  Well, good luck, and have fun!