Outdated "contact methods" on user profiles

CatManThree

After somewhat recently returning to the forums after being incredibly inactive for a while, I decided to update my profile. So uh, while doing that I discovered that the available methods to show in the Contact Info section are hilariously outdated. MSN? AIM? Yahoo? WHAT!?

As funny as this is, its kind of ridiculous that these are still here, They were confusing four years ago when I first joined this place and are still just as if not more. So, is there any chance this feature could be updated to have things likeΒ Discord, Steam, or Twitter?

18 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Lol yeah, the forums are really old. Lmao

Β 

actually this isn't hardcoded to the forums, it's just fields i can change in the admin CP pretty easily and literally never thought to

Β 

so, uh, what do you kids use these days anyway?

2 hours ago, Integrity said:

so, uh, what do you kids use these days anyway?

DIscord, Twitter, Steam, and Amino come to mind. Might as well throw in Reddit, though it doesn't technically have a messaging feature.Β 

1 hour ago, CatManThree said:

Might as well throw in Reddit, though it doesn't technically have a messaging feature.Β 

It does have a chat feature.

3 hours ago, CatManThree said:

Might as well throw in Reddit, though it doesn't technically have a messaging feature.Β 

that would require me to acknowledge reddit as a social platform rather than a medium from which to consume memes and send them uncredited to friends

Β 

3 hours ago, CatManThree said:

Amino

what the heck is amino

3 hours ago, Integrity said:

that would require me to acknowledge reddit as a social platform rather than a medium from which to consume memes and send them uncredited to friends

Β 

what the heck is amino

lmao.

Amino is... an app from which you access several other groups or something. It's weird and dumb.

Tiktok is also used but nope.

9 hours ago, Integrity said:

actually this isn't hardcoded to the forums, it's just fields i can change in the admin CP pretty easily and literally never thought to

I imagine so, what's an admin CP though, control panel?

4 hours ago, Integrity said:

what the heck is amino

Its a primarily mobile only diet reddit that has managed to gain traction over the course of the past 4 years or so somehow.

On 4/29/2020 at 10:43 AM, Integrity said:

what the heck is amino

Haha. Like the Acid? Put me in the old geezers group. This was my first thought too.Β 

On 4/29/2020 at 12:44 AM, CatManThree said:

Its a primarily mobile only diet reddit that has managed to gain traction over the course of the past 4 years or so somehow.

Β 

On 5/1/2020 at 4:31 AM, Jotari said:

Haha. Like the Acid? Put me in the old geezers group. This was my first thought too.Β 

I knew of it, I've gotten to it from google searching stuff before, it's meh looking.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:14 PM, Dragoncat said:

I knew of it, I've gotten to it from google searching stuff before, it's meh looking.

I am quite familiar with it as I have been an active user (for some reason) on there for the past couple years and was a mod on the FE amino at one point. It tries to combine aspects of reddit and tumbler together and its as weird.

Β 

Anyway so whats the status on this whole thing? You guys gonna update it?

On 5/14/2020 at 8:05 PM, CatManThree said:

Anyway so whats the status on this whole thing? You guys gonna update it?

while i don't like being pushed on updates, i do intend to, but the responses to my questions were massively underwhelming, so i still don't have an idea of what to replace them with

I sorta live under a rock and don't know what people actually use, but Instagram, Email, Reddit and Facebook all seem to be rather popular.

9 hours ago, Integrity said:

while i don't like being pushed on updates, i do intend to, but the responses to my questions were massively underwhelming, so i still don't have an idea of what to replace them with

Well there's Discord for eΒ BΒ ic gamers.

Twitter is used a bunch by artists and youtubers.
Facebook is a nice way to contact someone in an accessible way or to have a quick conversation if Discord isn't available.

That's pretty much it.

Β 

Discord, Twitter and Steam should be fine.

i would eventually suggest other platforms such as Twitch, YouTube, Deviantart and Instagram, but that would be more oriented to "channelΒ promotion" rather than being contact methods.