April's Legendary Hero: Edelgard

daisy jane

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will just quote myself.

Just now, XRay said:

I think she needs Galeforce. Her first Galeforce from Raging Storm allows her to "double" to kill something, and fully charge her second Galeforce from Special. And armors can finally have some sort of decent movement now.

Or she can just run Slaying Axe-Bold Fighter for Galeforce, although there is a chance that she one shots something and cannot activate Galeforce to retreat, so I guess her default kit ensures that she will always activate Galeforce in some manner.

But yeah, she seems interesting. Not sure if she is good though.

Full Lineup:

Red: Ryoma, Hrid, and Marth
Blue: Nagi, Duo Ephiriam, Tsubasa
Green: Celica, Nagi + Edelgard
Colourless: Eir, Laurm and Silque. 

Edelgard is basically built to be alone she's like baby tiki. but w/o DC in anything
and holy heck game. just spoil it why don't you. 

@XRay maybe the C skill, but i dont know. 
I'd argue it's probably just the A skill. (she doesn't have a Legendary Special, and most Legendary has now got 2 uninheritables). so the B/C is probably her exclusives. 

Edited by daisy jane

I'm not surprised that Edelgard is the first house leader to get her time skip self as a Legendary alt. Will definitely try to go for her on my free summon, though after that I'm skipping. I need to have as many orbs as I can in case next month's banner is Tellius with Jill on it 😛

1 minute ago, Dylan Corona said:

Are her B Skill and C skill inheritable? I can't tell from the video, unless I'm blind haha.

Just her C skill.

I'm just going to try for some Hrid merges since he's there. I think this should've been Elincia, Claude, Dimitri, or Micaiah (and I don't even like Micaiah). There's too much Black Eagles bias when it comes to the TH content in this game.

I'm surprised that they spoiled the Flame Emperor so early. Even if they decided to have Edelgard as a legendary right now, she could've had some other title that was far less spoiler-y.

So, I suppose 3H spoilers are fair game now?

Oh wow, if I had to sit down and make up her skill set, it wouldn’t be too far different from this! I’m glad they went with HACCAN, she looks beautiful in their style.

Hmm... if the theories that we will get all the 3H lords BEFORE they’re Brave versions hold, we should get Dimitri and Claude next... perfectly lined up to June and August respectively.

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Edelgard is basically built to be alone she's like baby tiki. but w/o DC in anything

Yeah, she is DW!Y!Tiki with a twist. She trades Distant Counter for Galeforce shenanigans. I guess you can still give her Distant Counter-Quick Riposte, although her Player Phase Galeforce would be a bit more gimped. 

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

@XRay maybe the C skill, but i dont know. 
I'd argue it's probably just the A skill. (she doesn't have a Legendary Special, and most Legendary has now got 2 uninheritables). so the B/C is probably her exclusives. 

Since C got numbers, I think it is a pretty safe bet that it is Inheritable. Only non Inheritable passives got no numbers while almost all Inheritable passives got numbers.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Just her C skill.

Well still, that's a really good C skill for Armor units. I like her, but...I don't know if I want to pull her other than for that skill....but we will see. Don't we get new units on the 8th of next month too?

I'm not that interested in this legendary focus, but colourless has mystic boost, Larum and Silque...all of which I do want.  I'll probably just do two snipe attempts on colourless, and maybe throw a green if it shows up and stop.  Edelgard seems neat but I'm not that interested in her, I don't care about Nagi but she has DC and Special Fighter, and Celica has ATK/SPD Oath so it isn't bad either.  The other two colours I do not care about besides Duo Ephraim.  Good orb saving opportunity for me.

2 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Hmm... if the theories that we will get all the 3H lords BEFORE they’re Brave versions hold, we should get Dimitri and Claude next... perfectly lined up to June and August respectively.

No. I'd like them eventually myself, but Tellius still hasn't had a legendary since Ike years ago. It deserves another one first. I'm seriously questioning where legendary Elincia and legendary Micaiah are now.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm just going to try for some Hrid merges since he's there. I think this should've been Elincia, Claude, Dimitri, or Micaiah (and I don't even like Micaiah). There's too much Black Eagles bias when it comes to the TH content in this game.

Okay I respect your opinion that you think it should have been those before Edelgard .
But use common sense. 
the reason why there is "black eagle bias" is probably due to the fact that anytime you load up Three Houses the top 8 in any statistic is Edelgard and Black Eagles people. All the time. Sometimes with a Lysithea pop up. all the time. So if I were making this game - just using those in game stats (most gifts that month most tea time whatever) and see that world wide everyone is wooing Black Eagles  why wouldn't i put them out first? That's clearly who is popular to a majority of people. 

Not to mention - Three Houses is driven by Edelgard. You've played the game. You know this. I love Dimitri I love Claude. I hate Edelgard. but the only 3H person i could see beating Edelgard would have been Byleth -and clearly that's not the case.

in other news. 
This would have been a "spend 200 orbs or so kinda banner) on colourless and blue but no can do. I am so bummed. beacuse i think this would have been really the only chance i had to get a larum. 

Oh, so they decided to not use the War Alts in the CYL..that's good, I guess. But now I'm way curious about what they will do..

And I'm sorry, Edie. I know I'm trying to like you a little bit more, but my birthday is coming up and I still have hope that Tellius or Judgral is coming along it..

HACCAN's art is amazing. Ever since I realized the Collection of Mana and Trials of Mana official art was theirs, I was hoping we'd get another one here. This is the first one since... dancer Nephenee, I believe.

Much as I'd like to pull on this banner, since all the greens are good and both non-Eir colorless units are good for me, I have my priorities elsewhere right now. So I'll just do a full summon or something, I guess, and leave it at that.

Edited by Sunwoo