April's Legendary Hero: Edelgard

daisy jane

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Brave Eliwood straight up murders dragons and beasts with his Ninis Ice Lance, if that counts.

True. And...wow, that's all 3 colors of the weapon triangle (excluding colorless): red for Roy, green for Edelgard, and blue for Eliwood.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Besides BL!Roy and FE!Edelgard, there is also DW!Y!Tiki who is a dragon supremacist and HK!Marth who really hates dragons. The entire beast line up also revolves around racist mechanic gimmick.

And that does not include anyone with only effective Exclusive Weapons.

I think for a unit to be truly "Racist", their base kit has to be able to have a level of effectiveness against both Beasts and Dragons at the same time. Fallen!Tiki, like you said, is more of a Supremacist (a unit that supports a unit based on if they're Human or non-Human, rather than going against them like a Racist does). Legendary!Marth is just an anti-Dragon unit, he's just better at it than most Falchion users. And the Beasts only transform themselves back if they're adjacent to a Human unit, they don't actively hinder said Human units.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I think for a unit to be truly "Racist", their base kit has to be able to have a level of effectiveness against both Beasts and Dragons at the same time. Fallen!Tiki, like you said, is more of a Supremacist (a unit that supports a unit based on if they're Human or non-Human, rather than going against them like a Racist does). Legendary!Marth is just an anti-Dragon unit, he's just better at it than most Falchion users. And the Beasts only transform themselves back if they're adjacent to a Human unit, they don't actively hinder said Human units.

BL!Roy is not effective against Beasts though.

Ah sorry shoulda been clear, I never expected ANY of the house leaders to be Legendaries... ever.

Maybe sometime down the line they woulda done a "Five Years Later..." banner featuring the house leaders in their timeskip armor and class? That's what I was thinking they'd do, not Legendary Heroes.

Why did you think that?? They're the Lords of the 3H? Like Eliwood, Lyn, Ike, etc. And they're all Legendaries...so why would they not make the Lords of the game to be Legendaries?

I honestly thought it was very obvious from when they introduced Timeksip designs that the 3 House Leaders academy forms would be normal heroes and their timeskip designs would clearly be  Legendary Heroes. When the game came out, pretty obvious that Byleth (and Reha) would probably be Mythic Heroes. 

Not super surprised by this banner, I figured 3H was overdue for some Legendaries. But while I do love Edelgard, I'm really not a fan of her art in this. Her still art looks great, but her attacking art (with the open mouth) looks really off to me visually. Pair that with being an armor unit (even with her C skill), and I'm just not really compelled to pull for her. Which is a shame, because I adore her, but artwork trumps love for a character for me (looking at you M!Grima). 

Will probably pull a single green orb (if I get it!) and then go back to focusing on getting Baby!Marth. Haha.

Excited to see Dimitri and Claude tho! Especially Dimitri, since I'm assuming they're using his immediate post-skip design, which was my favorite. And he'll most likely be infantry (yes!). Better start saving some orbs!

11 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Why did you think that?? They're the Lords of the 3H? Like Eliwood, Lyn, Ike, etc. And they're all Legendaries...so why would they not make the Lords of the game to be Legendaries?

I honestly thought it was very obvious from when they introduced Timeksip designs that the 3 House Leaders academy forms would be normal heroes and their timeskip designs would clearly be  Legendary Heroes. When the game came out, pretty obvious that Byleth (and Reha) would probably be Mythic Heroes. 

Because we get 1 Legendary every 2 months, there are a lot of Fire Emblem games with viable Legendary candidates, and I personally feel like there are more worthy Legendary Hero candidates from TH? There's also a difference between being a Lord and being a Legendary Hero.

I don't get why you'd think Byleth would be a Mythic... literally nothing about them says "Mythic".

Edited by Xenomata

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

BL!Roy is not effective against Beasts though.

He's "racist" in the sense that 1) the name "Human Virtue" itself can be taken as "racist", 2) the effect of Human Virtue requires at least 1 Human ally to be adjacent to him, and 3) Human Virtue's effect doesn't work on non-Humans. So I guess he's like a pro-Human Supremacist that's racist against non-Humans. He hinders his non-Human allies by not helping them, and yet helps his Human allies.

And when I said "level of effectiveness", I didn't mean "effective damage".

Edited by MilodicMellodi

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't get why you'd think Byleth would be a Mythic... literally nothing about them says "Mythic".

Spoiler

Enlightened One Byleth is basically Mythic territory

6 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

He's "racist" in the sense that 1) the name "Human Virtue" itself can be taken as "racist", 2) the effect of Human Virtue requires at least 1 Human ally to be adjacent to him, and 3) Human Virtue's effect doesn't work on non-Humans. So I guess he's like a pro-Human Supremacist that's racist against non-Humans. He hinders his non-Human allies by not helping them, and yet helps his Human allies.

And when I said "level of effectiveness", I didn't mean "effective damage".

BL!Roy is not super amazing against Beast units though. I think for a unit to be racist, it is better to consider the effects outside of just Effective damage since Effective damage is so widespread.

Ahhh, she looks gorgeous.

I like Edie, not as much as I like Dimitri and Claude, but close enough. I'll try my best to pull for her, but the Archanean banner has drained my orbs, and I still need duo Palla and more fetus Marth merges.

Legendary Marth is back! And I don't have Legendary Ryoma or Hrid yet, so I'll be going for red.

Don't have any units in blue yet, so they'd be nice to have.

Green is good, but I already have Nagi, but I wouldn't mind getting merges for her.

Don't care too much for colourless, but I wouldn't mind Larum. I don't have her, and isn't this her first banner since her debut?

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Because we get 1 Legendary every 2 months, there are a lot of Fire Emblem games with viable Legendary candidates, and I personally feel like there are more worthy Legendary Hero candidates from TH? There's also a difference between being a Lord and being a Legendary Hero.

Yeah, but they also chose to label Gunnthra and Hrid as legendary heroes. With that in mind, there may as well be no standards as to who can and can't be a legendary hero.

2 hours ago, Motendra said:

Lately, there has always been a character or side that IS seems to throw more into than others, intentional or not: Awakening had Lucina + Sumia (to a smaller degree of who her mom becomes); with Fates its Azura (well, they tryto, anyway, but Camilla's too powerful) + Nohr and FemCorrin by extension (RIP Hoshido); I'm [pretty certain but can't confirm] for FE7 that would be Lyn given her popularityNaturally, the same is happening in Edelgard + Black Eagles for being both the most popular house, along with El most apparently being the most invested person in the game.

The only surprise is that it's happening now. Otherwise, her being the first of the three lords is wholly expected.

As for the bannner, gosh am I glad I didnt go 100% on the legacy kids banner, casuse this one is STACKED. Red less so, but it has Marth and I've been trying to get merges of him since he first came out (Still at +2)

Heroes implied Olivia!Lucina tbh, making Olivia the head of the banner and picture of the awkaening chapter when legendary Lucina debuted, and giving her future witness in the same time. 

heroes seems to favor Olivia over Sumia for that 

Good job, IntSys... Releasing a Legendary Axe Armor unit in a month we got two sword heroes that are effective against armors (one of them is also effective against axes) that will be bonus units in arena alongside her. Being a Fire Legendary means the same season as Legendary Celica, that will also not have problems against her.

Her base skillset is also almost nullified if she is adjacent to an ally. She also may have the same Pair Up BST than Legendary Chrom, which means nothing because she may already be 180 BST

Her art looks good... But for me she is the least interesting Legendary/Mythic we got in a while... She looks boring for me. She will be great in player's hands, but she doesn't look threating to encounter in Arena. You just need to take her down as soon as possible and not leave her to the end, or alone.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

...I guess Edelgard was bound to get a Legendary hero eventually, but knowing there is that entirely Three Houses brave banner in the future, on top of the entirely Three Houses new heroes banner last month, is just adding to my worries that FEH is going to drown in Three Houses banners this year.

Emperor Edelgard's Meet the Hero page is up, and it brings us yet another cameo:

Spoiler

edelgard_flame_emperor_info02.png

Also, they added five Awakening characters (M!Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Sumia, Cordelia with just her ugly original art though) to the site.

Like....who? And in-so-far as FEH there hasn't been, because in all FE games, the Lords usually end up doing "Legendary" things. That's ... sorta the point of why they're the lords. All three of the lords in 3H do 'legendary' things, namely each of them unify an entire continent and one of them completely usurps a ruling class/species.

Also, um have you finished 3H? Byleth is 100% Mythic territory. They could definitely make them Legendary as well, but...

Spoiler

if you recall, they essentially become a God. Which is generally where Mythic's fall at.

more free orbs and a free summon, yay

i'd like to pull for nagi and celica, but i simply have no orbs

still hoping sigurd and/or seliph get ANYTHING before the end of the year, but deep inside i perfectly know that's never gonna happen

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Emperor Edelgard's Meet the Hero page is up, and it brings us yet another cameo:

Reveal hidden contents

edelgard_flame_emperor_info02.png

Also, they added five Awakening characters (M!Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Sumia, Cordelia with just her ugly original art though) to the site.

Lol at almost every single awakening character mentioning Chrom 

also, weird that they added 5 but not Chrom. They have the legendary but as far as defaults go they don’t even have the main character 

no idea what the fuss is all about. While Dimitri or Claude would have been a better choice after Flame Emperor and Black eagles. Edelgards inclusion is mild when compared to the Elibe Lords. She has substance as a char. 

We had worse, like Camilla for example. 

Looking forward to her LHB Abyssal!

13 minutes ago, Hilda said:

We had worse, like Camilla for example. 

Uh, there is no legendary Camilla if that was what you were saying. If you want a Fates character to pick on, then you'd want Ryoma (who is even present on this very banner no less) or maybe Azura.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Uh, there is no legendary Camilla if that was what you were saying. If you want a Fates character to pick on, then you'd want Ryoma (who is even present on this very banner no less) or maybe Azura.

It was a reference to the amount of pandering/alts.

Also, Galeforce and Raging Storm won’t stack. Same description used for both skills. 

Edelgard seems like a scorebot and is a completely underwhelming unit IMO. She kinda suck for a legendary unit.

She relies on being alone. So let’s see where we can put that to use: 

Aether raids defense wants overlapping ranges so being close together is better. Also, after pulling the defense team, your defense units are most likely all rushing forward, and thus probably standing next to Edelgard. Seems like a bad unit there. 

Aether Raids offens would have been her best place, since you can set up positioning for yourself, but she’s only usable in fire season, which means she cannot be a core unit. A one off could be useful for an Armor galeforce team for when it is fire season, but that’s a lot of orbs for something that isn’t always possible to use.

Arena: She is a score bot, so +10 she will raise your score quite nicely, but she isn’t going to be very scary to face in Arena. Almost all maps start with the enemies being adjacent, which means she won’t activate her C skill and thus she moves only one space, staying adjacent and thus easy to kill. If she swaps to armour march, she can move two spaces but she won’t activate her kit and thus, still easy to kill.

Nice idea, bad in practice. In player hands she’ll be good for Arena, but then again, why spend 1500 orbs for a +10 armour when you’re able to reach T21 with free units.

Banner: thoroughly unimpressed by the unit and the lineup.

Ehh, bit of armour overload on green which isn't to my liking, but still the only colour worth pulling on. That will only happen if there's no Hero Fest, or if the Hero Fest turns out to be a damp squib of course.

Edelgard is interesting ...for an armour. Good to be run in a non-armour team for quests like the current GHB Party ones where you have to kill a certain unit with an armoured unit. Evil Tiki and Armored Boots CYL Hector currently does that job for me, and BK sorta kinda is player phase capable, but I have no real option for Green yet. But then that's such a tiny niche of a role that it's hard to justify going out of my way to fill it.

The biggest disappointment of course is that Duo Ephraim is here. Not because I don't want him, but because I do. There's no way in the world I could justify pulling for him when the two other blue units on offer are essentially dead weight for my purposes.

So, the answer for what the Brave alts'll be is: Not War looks!

And with this 3H finally gets a legendary. Edelgard comes to try to bring balance to Askr with an armour alt..... That sounds wrong. She's a Fire pair-up legendary axe armour. Coming in with Amyr (+3 Atk, if no adjacent ally gives foe -6 Atk/Def and the can't double), Bonfire, Atk/Res Solo, Raging Storm (If unit initiates gets a second attack if there's no adjacent ally and if foe is not human she doubles. Just, so totally racist.) and Armour Stride (2 move when on own at start of turn. OHO!). She could be a wild opponent.

She's joined in Red by L!Ryoma, Hrid and L!Marth, Blue has Naga, EphraLyon and Tsubasa (So that's OP), Green has L!Celica and Nagi (Also great) and Colourless has Eir, Silque and Larum. What with all the dragons and dragonslayers? But anyway, It's Green = Blue > Colourless >>>>> Red. They sure picked a bad good time for a good legendary banner.

Seeing Raging Storm and Caeda's weapon, I wonder just how far they'll take Atrocity. I know Edelgard's B skill must be strong ebough to make it a better investment than regular Bold Fighter, so I hope Atrocity will be similarly valuable. 

How big of a drawback would Atrocity need if it actually made Dimitri effective against everything?