April's Legendary Hero: Edelgard

daisy jane

Ooof, what horrible timing. Of course they would add L!Edelgard after I spent my orbs to get the pegasisters AND she shares with two units I have.

Hard pass on the banner as a whole, I will try for her on another occasion.

Her art and kit is nice, so I'm satisfied with how she turned out.

I am scared of people predicting Dimitri and Claude as the two next legendaries. Because I can absolutely see them doing something that evil (imagine being a fan of all three lords and having to deal with them + CYL 4 back to back. If you also like Lysithea RIP).

PLEASE space them out a bit more.

There's nothing wrong with something like Edelgard --> Seliph --> Claude --> Micaiah --> Dimitri for example.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Because we get 1 Legendary every 2 months, there are a lot of Fire Emblem games with viable Legendary candidates

Yeah but that list will only get shorter until the release of the new non-remake game, so I can see the argument about not getting the 3H lords now, but eventually they had to come.

If for some arbitrary rule we got only Legendaries not from Fodlan this year, we could have Seliph, Sigurd, Elincia, Micaiah and Corrin with December.

That would exhaust all remaining characters who are lords without any reasonable doubt. And if we decided to extend the arbitrary Fodlan ban to 2021 we would also exhaust the arguable lords "quickly" (Itsuki, Xander, Kris?) and by half of 2021 we would be forced to pick from 3H anyway.

and I personally feel like there are more worthy Legendary Hero candidates from TH?

Like who? You used plural so I expect someone other than Byleth. Rhea doesn't count cause she is mythic and we all know it.

There's also a difference between being a Lord and being a Legendary Hero.

... we only had 4 legendaries who aren't lords (Gunnthra, Hrid, Tiki and Ryoma. Lucina, Robin and Azura could absolutely be considered lords by stretching the definition only a bit and Fjorm is IMHO the co-lord of Book 2, Lucina style.) And all 4 exceptions are royalty (remember that Tiki is the Princess of the Divine Dragon tribe).

By the looks of it being a Legendary Hero is very tied with being the lord of a game/being royalty.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being fairly secure in the assumption that CYL banners will inevitably be re-run as Hero Fests takes a lot of pressure off already to be fair.

In general I don't think spacing out the initial release of units that have guaranteed re-runs is really beneficial for people who want them. If we spaced out the Legendary 3H lords release to every second Legendary banner we'd end up releasing the final one in December. If we didn't, they'd release in August with an high likelihood of being re-run in December, or January at the latest. Then the CYL Hero Fest will probably happen in early February, i.e. basically January if we go by Legendary banner timings. Essentially I don't see how it can be considered cruel considering availability would be excellent up until early next year with multiple chances at each.

The only downside I see then would be potentially missing out on a BST boost if the next generation of powercreep happens in the intervening months. But that may be a good thing: I imagine there'd be a fair amount of salt if by some accident of timing, one of the lords in the set got the advantage of a BST bump over the other two.

Wow. XD People have been really beginning to hate Edelgard, and this is probably not going to help. Also, she's really powerful. All that movement is crazy... She looks like she might be an armored unit.  Yep; she is. Also, dang am I glad I've played far enough in 3H not to be spoiled by this. o_O

Edit: Oooo that C skill is inheritable? I'm going to free pull green, but that's all. It's been a while since I've been able to save orbs. (Also, bit scared. I need to finish plaything through 3H...but I've been focusing on trying to get through other games and I have other responsibilities that come before that. Yikes; I don't want spoilers. ;-;)

Edited by Mercakete

Surprised at her not being in her Emperor attire for this round. Was expecting Armored Lord to be in a regular banner and Emperor as the legendary alt. Maybe for CYL?

Raging Storm is pretty tame. The beast damage and dragonstone requirement for follow-ups severely dampens it. She might have a shit ton of attack to justify just running GF+BF instead of damaging specials, but at that point she starts to fall into the abyss that is aXe ArMoRs.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Just because something happens to be popular doesn't mean you have to constantly milk it. Look what happened with Fates. People got sick of it.

The fact that TH had better writing shot this argument in the foot.

Pulling green for more Celica merges, if anything. Edie will be gravy when she comes home.

Just now, Karimlan said:

The fact that TH had better writing shot this argument in the foot.

...Um, no. Writing has nothing to do with this. Fates was still popular and sold a ton, and now people are tired of it.

Edited by Anacybele

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Same here.

And yeah, exactly. I'd have definitely replaced Ferdinand with Sylvain. Not just because I'm biased for him, but also because he'd still be a lance cav, and a better one at that since he'd get a prf in the Lance of Ruin.

Me personally, I would have replaced Ferdinand with Seteth, mainly cuz we still have yet to get a single Church character in Heroes.

Of course writing has something to contribute to the popularity (however marginal), or are you implying that most Edel-fans are dumber than they are being given credit for?

Next to green, I might pick blue for Duo Ephraim, and a Tsubasa merge, while not necessary, is nice.

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Me personally, I would have replaced Ferdinand with Seteth, mainly cuz we still have yet to get a single Church character in Heroes.

I'd have been cool with this too, I really like Seteth as well!

I was kinda expecting this soon, so i'm not too shocked. Glad that Edelgard fans get this, i'm not super pumped for this one personally, but nonetheless, still happy for those who wanted her.

5 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Also, Galeforce and Raging Storm won’t stack. Same description used for both skills. 

It does not say it does not stack, so I hope it stacks. If it does not, then her B slot is kind of crap.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

It does not say it does not stack, so I hope it stacks. If it does not, then her B slot is kind of crap.

Raging storm is Galeforce on the B slot, with a seperate skill tacked on to it. (The follow up) The only difference between GF and RG is the fact that one has a conditional solo requirement. The skill does the exact same thing however, and thus they do not stack. 

Njoruns Zeal is the same, with the datamine people applied Njoruns Zeal on a different skill slot (A slot in this case) and GF and NZ did not stack.  

I think Byleth and the house leaders should all get legendaries. I don't think Enlightened Byleth should be mythic, those aren't supposed to be alts.

15 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Raging storm is Galeforce on the B slot, with a seperate skill tacked on to it. (The follow up) The only difference between GF and RG is the fact that one has a conditional solo requirement. The skill does the exact same thing however, and thus they do not stack. 

Njoruns Zeal is the same, with the datamine people applied Njoruns Zeal on a different skill slot (A slot in this case) and GF and NZ did not stack.  

Hm... I guess I will just wait for people to summon her to confirm for sure before I spend Orbs on her.

She kind of needs Galeforce to stack with Raging Storm or else there is not really anything that sets her apart from others and she is kind of a dud.

Edited by XRay

Just now, XRay said:

Hm... I guess I will just wait for people to summon her to confirm for sure before I spend Orbs on her.

She kind of needs Galeforce to stack with Raging Storm or else there is not really anything that sets her apart from others and she is kind of a dud.

This Edelgard is an incredible dud skill wise. There is hardly anything impressive about her since her skills and playstyle do not suit the places she sees use bar one. And that on is AR-O, which she is time gated to due to blessings. For more in depth, I've posted my opinion above.

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think Byleth and the house leaders should all get legendaries. I don't think Enlightened Byleth should be mythic, those aren't supposed to be alts.

Yeah. That's my opinion as well.

I believe that, if we get another 3H Mythic Hero, it will be Seiros. She is the one that defeated Nemesis and created the Church of Seiros. She is basically a legend, a myth in Fodlan.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. That's my opinion as well.

I believe that, if we get another 3H Mythic Hero, it will be Seiros. She is the one that defeated Nemesis and created the Church of Seiros. She is basically a legend, a myth in Fodlan.

Yeah, Seiros would be a good pick for mythic. Nemesis would make sense too, if they decide to add him at all. 

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

This Edelgard is an incredible dud skill wise. There is hardly anything impressive about her since her skills and playstyle do not suit the places she sees use bar one. And that on is AR-O, which she is time gated to due to blessings. For more in depth, I've posted my opinion above.

On defense, she should work with Herons though, since Herons have 3 move to compensate for them being 1 extra space away.

On offense, her scoring does not matter unless the player is aiming for Thrones. If the player is just aiming for a decent Tier for rewards, there is no need to go through the hassle of maximizing score. She seems pretty decent as a Galeforcer since Raging Storm always triggers, but if Raging Storm does not stack with Galeforce, her use seems rather limited since other armor Galeforcers can achieve similar results with Slaying-Bold Fighter.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

On defense, she should work with Herons though, since Herons have 3 move to compensate for them being 1 extra space away.

On offense, her scoring does not matter unless the player is aiming for Thrones. If the player is just aiming for a decent Tier for rewards, there is no need to go through the hassle of maximizing score. She seems pretty decent as a Galeforcer since Raging Storm always triggers, but if Raging Storm does not stack with Galeforce, her use seems rather limited since other armor Galeforcers can achieve similar results with Slaying-Bold Fighter.

If the herons are 1 space away from Edelgard, she walks two spaces, it is possible, but that means you need either dragons like Duma or Sothis next to the heron, or other laguz. this is a lot of restrictions just to let Edelgard be useful.

On offense, why not maximise score with a slaying edge BF armour with a light/astra blessing instead of using Edelgard if that's all the difference between them. Not maximising scoring means you are actively shooting yourself in the foor and that's bad for your rewards. The only use Edelgard has is that her GF has only a solo requirement. That is great on fire weeks, but outside of fire weeks she's actively hurting you in AR by decreasing your lift score and rewards. Instead of Edelgard you could have taken a unit that fulfils a similar job that is able to be blessed appropriately.

Legendaries can be used as often as nonlegendaries in AR, just more erratically. You use Light blessed units during Light weeks which are half the time, you use Fire legendaries during Fire weeks which are half the time. 

Am I the only one who noticed the irony of a Pair Up legendary having four different Solo skills?

Probably skipping this banner, outside of the freeroll and picking up any greens on it. Legelgard is interesting, but not "must have" interesting even if I do like Armors.

Legelgard has a glaring flaw that I noticed right away: she has no Special acceleration. Not only that, her unique skill is hogging the slot that an Armor's Special acceleration would normally go. A selfish kit with no Special acceleration is very odd for an Armor, and I'm not sure it's going to work very well when she's not fighting Dragons or Beasts.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

Legendaries can be used as often as nonlegendaries in AR, just more erratically. You use Light blessed units during Light weeks which are half the time, you use Fire legendaries during Fire weeks which are half the time. 

Except for the fact that AR teams are based on team structure, and thus for different season, you have different teams. Legendaries are only occasionally useful since it's entirely up to IS's plans for you to luck out and have fire season line up for edelgard to be able to play in the team you want. And as I said before, the orb cost of a unit that is only occasionally useful in a mode isn't really orbs well spent. And the other modes she's just not that great for unless you +10 her so she scores well.

50 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

On offense, why not maximise score with a slaying edge BF armour with a light/astra blessing instead of using Edelgard if that's all the difference between them. Not maximising scoring means you are actively shooting yourself in the foor and that's bad for your rewards. The only use Edelgard has is that her GF has only a solo requirement. That is great on fire weeks, but outside of fire weeks she's actively hurting you in AR by decreasing your lift score and rewards. Instead of Edelgard you could have taken a unit that fulfils a similar job that is able to be blessed appropriately.

Similar to Arena, maximizing score is not worth the extra hassle and frustration if the increase in score does not offset the increase in losses. Most players do not spend half an hour in Aether Raids trying aim for a perfect win. Most players just want it to be over with using the least amount of resources and/or effort. I could spend all my resources on armor units and attempt to go for Tier 21 Arena, but the experience would be so miserable that it is just not worth the extra Orb.

If player is used to a certain team composition and can win consistently with it, changing the team set up is counter productive if the player loses much more frequently due to carrying around a dud.

I am extremely happy that Edelgard got a Legendary alt. However, I am only at 50 orbs now because of how cruel the rev banner was at the end only to give me an Eirika, also fallen could be the next banner and that means a possible Julia and Anankos and with some waiting I could do the 40 summon thing. Also Eddie herself isn't something I am going crazy skillwise. I am not that keen on player phase units, she could be an exception if double Galeforce can be a thing with the B and GF as a special. I have some thinking do do if I pull or not.

I personally hope that next Legendary is either Claude or Peony is moved to make room for Dimitri. Also, will we know the next new heroes before the legendary banner is over? 

Edited by SuperNova125