April's Legendary Hero: Edelgard

daisy jane

1 minute ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

First-time Black Eagles player here, unsurprisingly, Sometimes I wonder if I would have viewed events and differently if I started with another house. 

I am quite happy about it but I am also a massive fan of Edelgard. I think a lot of people are so their decision makes sense. To my understanding, three houses was incredibly successful financially.

If they actually released post if Dimitri immediately afterwards, but will be another hero I absolutely had to get. So it might get expensive.

I hope my current stack of 90 orbs will be enough to get Edelgard, but with an 8% chance it should be. I will get exclusively green orbs until I get her

If i remember correctly.

(hiding it just to be fair)

Spoiler

In Golden Deer - you have no idea. it's literally, you play chapter 11, and then you find out and Claude's basically like. "the eff" and that was my reaction. 

I played blue lions like right after - there are hints. Dimitri sort of figures it out before you do, but it's sort oflike he's hoping it's not the case (obviously) hence his psychotic break after the reveal. 

in Black eagles, I remember Edelgard is like doing everything in her power not to tell you what's up.  (I mean by this point - you know  so the shock is diluted) - but there are a lot of scenes that if you are... eagle-eyed (teehee) you could maybe figure it out before chapter 11. 

So it  ranks from
"the whole hell?"

to 

"I didn't want to believe it"

to

"you didn't want to see it"

which is i think is amazing. it's still a really big thing whenever i get there. (I just hate playing Black eagles route, so i never really remember it)

Edelgard seems to love me. I have her at +3 (for someone who has never actively gone for her). I figure as long as Edelard doesn't share with Gunnthra, she'll be someone i wouldn't mind long-terming adding merges to, because i think she'd be interesting to have and I think she's unique - but at the same time I wouldn't cry if i didn't get her, where as Dimitri is an obvious given, as is Claude. 

good luck trying to nab her

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

If i remember correctly.

(hiding it just to be fair)

Hide contents

In Golden Deer - you have no idea. it's literally, you play chapter 11, and then you find out and Claude's basically like. "the eff" and that was my reaction. 

I played blue lions like right after - there are hints. Dimitri sort of figures it out before you do, but it's sort oflike he's hoping it's not the case (obviously) hence his psychotic break after the reveal. 

in Black eagles, I remember Edelgard is like doing everything in her power not to tell you what's up.  (I mean by this point - you know  so the shock is diluted) - but there are a lot of scenes that if you are... eagle-eyed (teehee) you could maybe figure it out before chapter 11. 

So it  ranks from
"the whole hell?"

to 

"I didn't want to believe it"

to

"you didn't want to see it"

which is i think is amazing. it's still a really big thing whenever i get there. (I just hate playing Black eagles route, so i never really remember it)

Edelgard seems to love me. I have her at +3 (for someone who has never actively gone for her). I figure as long as Edelard doesn't share with Gunnthra, she'll be someone i wouldn't mind long-terming adding merges to, because i think she'd be interesting to have and I think she's unique - but at the same time I wouldn't cry if i didn't get her, where as Dimitri is an obvious given, as is Claude. 

good luck trying to nab her

Spoiler

For me the reveal that the Flame Emperor was Edelgard changed how I looked at the Flame Emperor, and their previous actions. I actually guessed her identity on the title, I knew she was the heir to the Empire, she had the crest of flames and she has previously expressed wanting a revolution in her support with Dorothea. Which meant I believed the Flame Emperor completely that they disapproved of her allies actions at Remire village, and I would have joined them then if the game let me. But that is because I already knew who they were and I trusted Edelgard, and that trust never wavered, even as she declared war. There are a lot of clues to what is going on with Edelgard in the monastery. If you pay attention, if you read the books in the library. You can pretty much come to the conclusion that Edelgard is a puppet of Arundel due to the hold he is implied to have over the Imperial Royal family. Of course, there's even more evidence to Arundel being sketchy if you play the Blue Lions

The real twist for me wasn't the identity of the Flame Emperor, but that they weren't the Saturday morning cartoon villain they first appeared to be. 

Also, thanks, I am hoping to get more than one, but as long as the nature isn't terrible. I will make do with one. Some people have pointed out that she has a C skill that is very useful for other armoured units. I wonder how it would do on Flame Emperor,  bringer of war. You know, if they release another version of Edelgard (run an entire team consisting only of different versions of Edelgard, that would be such a meme team. I guess I could add Arvis for now. As his title is so similar

The update has hit and the stats are out:

Spoiler

45/42+/17-/39/36

That is way more Res than I was expecting, and that Atk with Aymr gives her the highest natural Atk in the game. We haven't had an armor this min-maxed since Surtr.

3 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Hide contents

45/42+/17-/39/36

That is way more Res than I was expecting, and that Atk with Aymr gives her the highest natural Atk in the game. We haven't had an armor this min-maxed since Surtr.

That actually sounds amazing, way stronger than any other version of Edelgard when it comes to pure stats. So do anyone know how long it is until release? I live in a different time zone. So I have no idea when it is supposed to drop

On 4/29/2020 at 2:01 AM, XRay said:

That would make me so happy if true! FE!Edelgard would have a niche! How good that niche is though is probably another story, but at least she can do something no other armors can.

Confirmed

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/gaq8t8/yes_raging_storm_works_with_galeforce/

@Darkmoon6789, in 45 mins

Edited by Landmaster

5 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Hide contents

45/42+/17-/39/36

Spoiler

Speaking of Surtr, legendary Edelgard's stat spread is basically +Res, -HP Surtr.

Neutral Surtr has 50 HP, 39 Atk, 17 Spd, 40 Def, and 33 Res. +Res, -HP gives him 46 HP, 39 Atk, 17 Def, 40 Def, and 36 Res.

So, compared to her regular self, she swapped her speed with her resistance and compared to a particular emperor, she dumped her HP and speed for resistance.

oh look, Edelgard is the new Hector with all 3 forms being Axe units. Will she be sword, lance or bow for CYL? Not that I care.

Still, I'm kinda annoying that they're doing the 3H lords as Legendary Heroes already. I was hoping I'd have until next year before Legendary Dimitri comes out. As is, I only have 100 orbs saved up for CYL Dimitri right now.

4 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I guess replacing her bonfire with galeforce is a given? I am also assuming I should run heavy blade with this as a seal?

Pull her first, level her up, then figure out which build you like best.

4 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

oh look, Edelgard is the new Hector with all 3 forms being Axe units. Will she be sword, lance or bow for CYL? Not that I care.

Still, I'm kinda annoying that they're doing the 3H lords as Legendary Heroes already. I was hoping I'd have until next year before Legendary Dimitri comes out. As is, I only have 100 orbs saved up for CYL Dimitri right now.

I would give her heavy blade 4 in her A slot if you have the fodder to do so. Otherwise, replace her axe with a slaying axe. This way she can go for one shots and proc galeforce. 

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Shouldn't 100 be more than enough to pull Dimitri? Assuming, of course, you don't need multiple copies for merges 

Edit: isn't Edelgard usually an axe user? Granted, it would be interesting to see a version like the build I did during my first play through with her as mortal savant. Using a levin sword

Edited by Darkmoon6789

24 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I guess replacing her bonfire with galeforce is a given? I am also assuming I should run heavy blade with this as a seal?

That is what I would do.

16 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I would give her heavy blade 4 in her A slot if you have the fodder to do so. Otherwise, replace her axe with a slaying axe. This way she can go for one shots and proc galeforce. 

Aymr is much better than Slaying Axe for one shots though and it gives her protection against foes who can double her. Unless you need her in Aether Raids where a teammate would be using Heavy Blade Sacred Seal, I think it is better to put Heavy Blade on the Sacred Seal slot and stick with Solo on the A slot.

Spoiler

L!Edelgard is as min-maxed as one would expect. Horrid Spd, low-ish Hp and incredible everything else. On paper that screams "monstrous unit!!!!1" but with all the inconveniences of being an armor unit and not being able to use Bold Fighter, she really is meh with her base kit. 

I can see her being more threatening with a Brave Axe+ and Heavy Blade (I'm thinking as a seal because HB4 can run into overkill issues due to Edelgard's disgustingly high Atk). As for her A slot, her Solo is fine, although I can also see her using something like Fury 4 if one wishes to do a WoM beacon strat. 

Hmm...that's about it, I guess. She's certainly strong, but nothing gamebreaking even when her B-skill and Galeforce work in tandem.

26 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Shouldn't 100 be more than enough to pull Dimitri? Assuming, of course, you don't need multiple copies for merges 

Edit: isn't Edelgard usually an axe user? Granted, it would be interesting to see a version like the build I did during my first play through with her as mortal savant. Using a levin sword

Of course I need multiple Dimitri. I will +10 every version of Dimitri I can. I just got his normal version to +10 on his last banner showing, so I am geared to get his CYL. 

Of course, Legendary Dimitri with Aeredbar will conflict with L!Chrom if they're run together in the same intervals.

Why must so many of favorite units be Blue?!

50 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

he still may be next year. 
He's going to be blue and blue is full for the next forseeable future, so there's time (and basically he'll come back. hopefully with equally good units). 

if you don't spend for a while, you should have at least 1000 by August.

I also managed to pull Nagi twice . I really like Dragon units, they are cool. I also hope I get Naga. Not played whatever game she is from but to my understanding, they are a god. 

Is Nagi with + def or + speed preferable? I will be able to negate the penalty with a merge

Edit: also got Celica

Edited by Darkmoon6789

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Depends on the enemies. I think Brave Axe is better against bulky ranged foes for more consistent and frequent Galeforce. Against a team full of melee units though, Aymr is better in my opinion since you do not have to worry about consistency anymore, as melee enemies will be providing the counter attack for the extra charge and she can just face tank anything on Enemy Phase.

I am just concerned over how will she be dealing with the lack of follow up attacks and how that will affect her chances of activation GF. Though yes Aymr is a better weapon overall and gives her quite a lot of Atk and bulk allowing her to be really dangerous even in Enemy phase. 

1 minute ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am just concerned over how will she be dealing with the lack of follow up attacks and how that will affect her chances of activation GF. Though yes Aymr is a better weapon overall and gives her quite a lot of Atk and bulk allowing her to be really dangerous even in Enemy phase. 

Luckily she has pair up.  Have a wall that Edelgard can't get over swap to her pair up partner and have them deal with it. I think thats the thing a lot of people are missing when they say she is just another galeforce unit.  You can use her to galeforce a stupid defensive unit into the middle of the enemy team without dancing or swap the type of damage you are doing from physical to magical if you run into a defensive wall.

10 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I also managed to pull Nagi twice . I really like Dragon units, they are cool. I also hope I get Naga. Not played whatever game she is from but to my understanding, they are a god. 

Is Nagi with + def or + speed preferable? I will be able to negate the penalty with a merge

Nagi's spd is nigh unsalvageable. You're better off with the extra bulk, so that neither physical nor magic can harm her much (her default Res is 41)

51 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Luckily she has pair up.  Have a wall that Edelgard can't get over swap to her pair up partner and have them deal with it. I think thats the thing a lot of people are missing when they say she is just another galeforce unit.  You can use her to galeforce a stupid defensive unit into the middle of the enemy team without dancing or swap the type of damage you are doing from physical to magical if you run into a defensive wall.

Ah yes, pair up, which I can use in tempest trials. Woooh. Pair up is unusable in every competitive mode, and I would rather just autobattle through things like TT so it won’t see use there either.

Apparently there is a difference between Njorun and Raging storm in effect. So Edelgard is a bit better than I gave her credit for at first. That makes her mediocre instead of bad imo..

Ar-D, maybe useful on an Armour Ball when at +10, without an assist and first in slot order so she moves first and starts out solo. Still, she’s kinda bad when engaged on in that case, so not the best fit for it imo.

Coliseum: Nice score bot for a +10 merged Edelgard, also easy to kill stuff with. So yeah, if you want to spend 1800 orbs, you have a good fire season core unit.

AR-O: Decent for Armour galeforce strats since she bypasses frontliners with stance 4 skills that have the guard effect. Shme she’s only useful in fire season, which hampers her utility. 

Still not all that impressive but better than I initially gave her credit for.

6 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Edit: also got Celica

+Def. +Spd does not do anything for her at best. At worst, it is detrimental for her since she will not be able to rely on being doubled as frequently to activate a strong Special if you decide to switch out Special Fighter for Vengeful Fighter.

5 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

AR-O: Decent for Armour galeforce strats since she bypasses frontliners with stance 4 skills that have the guard effect. Shme she’s only useful in fire season, which hampers her utility. 

You can use her out of season. Maximizing scoring is not necessary unless the player is trying to rank. If the player is in it for the resources rather than rank, there is no need to go all out on scoring.

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can use her out of season. Maximizing scoring is not necessary unless the player is trying to rank. If the player is in it for the resources rather than rank, there is no need to go all out on scoring.

If you're not trying to improve your score, why even bother looking for her as a team addition? You can get bad scores just fine without her.