April's Legendary Hero: Edelgard

daisy jane

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

HEY.  Back to the topic.

Which is now about what I'm going to pull.

Red - Merges are a yes, and I will not complain if Marth finally shows up.
Blue - I'd welcome any of them.  Nagi and Ephraim will be new, while Tsubasa will fix my -Spd.
Green - Name three units I don't have.
Colorless - Eir is fodder, and I'm not exactly thrilled with Larum or Silque.

Colorwise, it's green > blue > red >> colorless

I forgot who are the red heroes; the other options overall look appealing to me, specially Green.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I forgot who are the red heroes; the other options overall look appealing to me, specially Green.

It’s L!Ryoma, L!Marth and Hrid DC fodder. So in other words, pretty meh outside of the possible DC.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

HEY.  Back to the topic.

Which is now about what I'm going to pull.

Red - Merges are a yes, and I will not complain if Marth finally shows up.
Blue - I'd welcome any of them.  Nagi and Ephraim will be new, while Tsubasa will fix my -Spd.
Green - Name three units I don't have.
Colorless - Eir is fodder, and I'm not exactly thrilled with Larum or Silque.

Colorwise, it's green > blue > red >> colorless

Green>blue>colourless>red for me. 

All three greens are top tier units or fodder. Blue is nice for Naga merges because I do take AR offense seriously. Ephraim is an amazing unit with equally amazing fodder. Tsubasa is a great unit but her fodder sucks. Colourless has Eir which is nice for more merges and good fodder but Silque and Larum aren't terribly interesting. Red is bad all around, because I have Marth and don't want Ryoma, except for DC fodder on Hrid but I have two spare DC fodder available right now. 

I will selectively summon greens or greens + blue if I do summon on this banner. 

Just now, Icelerate said:

Green>blue>colourless>red for me. 

All three greens are top tier units or fodder. Blue is nice for Naga merges because I do take AR offense seriously. Ephraim is an amazing unit with equally amazing fodder. Tsubasa is a great unit but her fodder sucks. Colourless has Eir which is nice for more merges and good fodder but Silque and Larum aren't terribly interesting. Red is bad all around, because I have Marth and don't want Ryoma, except for DC fodder on Hrid but I have two spare DC fodder available right now. 

I will selectively summon greens or greens + blue if I do summon on this banner. 

. . .wait.  I typed Nagi.  Oops.

Can't Tsubasa's A skill be passed on?

For me green obviously, assuming Edelgard is green, but I don't think any axe users aren't green. I will look into what else I might need once I fulfil my primary objective. 

Edited by Darkmoon6789

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, Blade Session is inheritable and it even has no restrictions.

On the off-chance that I wind up with a good Edelgard and two Tsubasas, I'm almost tempted to give Edelgard Blade Session, run her with three dancers, and laugh.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, Blade Session is inheritable and it even has no restrictions.

Is it? Then if staves could use it, they would get another great option as when running healers for mixed support and offense sometimes having some heroes act before you move can be wise. Also you won't care about positioning, or your Hp making it a small swift sparrow in the  hands of the player at least. But that is my take on things. 

About the colours. 

• Red and colourless are as bad as it goes.
  • Blue also pretty skipable as I don't have a use for the units in there except Ephraim, which I already have one and he is really powerful as it is, not needing merges. However, his A B skills are a must for Edelgard, as even if I sacrifice another lul Atk/Def, heavy blade 4 is a tier 4 skill which she needs as she is run in Arena because of her high merges (accidental +6) and frees up the SS which is needed by other units too.
  • Green is the highlight of the entire banner for me, as I don't have a proper mage except Thrasir and Brave Michy so Celica will help a lot. Also Nagi is good fodder and needs merges. Edelgard being one of my favourites and wothher ability to move 3 times I am seriously tempted. 

Before pulling I will see what golden week has in store and might wait to see what the new banner is, to have a good idea whether it is worth pulling or save and hope for next time she appears. 

Edited by SuperNova125

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

. . .wait.  I typed Nagi.  Oops.

Can't Tsubasa's A skill be passed on?

it can be - but it really works in tandem with Tsubasa's weapon. (which i mean theoretically you could also remove it for Swift Sparrow or an impact skill). i get why they did it playing TMS, but unless you really like Tsubasa (I do), or just need a neutral offensive copy I can see why people would be bummed out if they got more copies of her. 

Galeforce confirmed to be able to activate in the same turn as Raging Storm

Spoiler

If both skills can activate at the end of combat, Raging Storm activates, Galeforce will not; Galeforce keeps its activation-ready state.

Edited by Flying Shogi

That new video is cute.

I can't wait to pull for Edelgard! Haven't been excited about a unit in Heroes in so long, but I'm definitely going to be looking to give her the best build possible!

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

Galeforce confirmed to be able to activate in the same turn as Raging Storm

Hide contents

If both skills can activate at the end of combat, Raging Storm activates, Galeforce will not; Galeforce keeps its activation-ready state.

Nice, even better than I expected! Edelgard can basically save her Galeforce when needed!

15 hours ago, eclipse said:

On the off-chance that I wind up with a good Edelgard and two Tsubasas, I'm almost tempted to give Edelgard Blade Session, run her with three dancers, and laugh.

You're a monster.

On-Topic, probably more or less skip for me, I'm only missing Tsubasa, Ephraim, Silque, and Larum, and Larum's the only one I actually want. I've been sick of Hrid since day 2, Marth is meh considering I own a Lif and considering how much I put into my Roy, Ryoma just reminds me Xander somehow still doesn't have a Legendary, I don't need another Celica, that leaves Eir, who I'd be ok with but don't really need. Pretty much colorless is surprisingly my best set here, hence the probable skip, it depends on how badly I decide I need Larum for HeroDex or related purposes.

As for the big header for the Banner...I think my member title sufficiently explains my feelings on the subject. In the event I do get her, she's 100% going to be sacrificed, probably for Nagi but I might go with Gwendolyn if the mood strikes me. Not even taking her to Lv40, even if I didn't already loathe her with a passion I absolutely cannot take her seriously when we are all literally going to refer to her as Ladle Guard(L!Edelgard).

Edited by SoulWeaver

Including Byleth IS had four options for a 3H Legendary...and they picked the most spoileriffic one. Heck, even giving her a made-up epithet would have softened the blow, but no - they gave her her canon one. Seriously? They could have easily made a Claude or Dimitri Legendary without spoiling anything (since the timeskip is public knowledge for those not going blind) so they could say stuff like "I hate Edelgard" without giving anything away, but this...

Anyway, I as many others expected Raging Storm to be a Galeforce variant a la Njorun's Zeal, so making it a busted B Skill is way out of left field. I'm amazed Armored Stride is a thing now though. A definite gamechanger if I ever saw one.

Though I'm upset that Edelgard got one when 3H is barely a year old, I do want all three Legendary Lords so I'll be pulling for her. Whether I'll pull for her now is something for me to think about for the next week.

12 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Including Byleth IS had four options for a 3H Legendary...and they picked the most spoileriffic one. Heck, even giving her a made-up epithet would have softened the blow, but no - they gave her her canon one. Seriously? They could have easily made a Claude or Dimitri Legendary without spoiling anything (since the timeskip is public knowledge for those not going blind) so they could say stuff like "I hate Edelgard" without giving anything away, but this...

Anyway, I as many others expected Raging Storm to be a Galeforce variant a la Njorun's Zeal, so making it a busted B Skill is way out of left field. I'm amazed Armored Stride is a thing now though. A definite gamechanger if I ever saw one.

Though I'm upset that Edelgard got one when 3H is barely a year old, I do want all three Legendary Lords so I'll be pulling for her. Whether I'll pull for her now is something for me to think about for the next week.

The problem is not Edelgard getting a Legendary version now, the problem is the title for me at least. Also knowing the patterns of IS with the female and BE bias and when also considering that so far all monthly heroes have been Male (Lif, Chrom, Bramimond) it becomes pretty apparent as to who would be the first 3H legendary. This means that the other two will arrive soon enough, I expect the next Legendary to be either Claude, or they could move Peony to make a place for Dimitri in June and August goes to the last one of them. August however can be a filler (hopefully Seliph) as during that period the Lords will receive the Brave alts.

About Edelgard as a unit I have been thinking of how to make her more consistent. I am wondering, how will Brave axe be one her supposing she has around 40 to 43 (when considering that a random seasonal had 43, she does deserve that Akt stat with a super boon as she is a Legendary that could appear again in September). Brave axe, Galeforce, her base kit and Heavy blade can give her the consistency she might lack allowing her to kill and activate the special effectively as depending on OHKOing the foe isn't the best thing. 

2 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Also knowing the patterns of IS with the female and BE bias and when also considering that so far all monthly heroes have been Male (Lif, Chrom, Bramimond) it becomes pretty apparent as to who would be the first 3H legendary.

Yeah, I always knew she'd be first too, I just didn't expect her to come out so soon. And you're right, the epithet is probably the worst part about this.

6 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

The problem is not Edelgard getting a Legendary version now, the problem is the title for me at least. Also knowing the patterns of IS with the female and BE bias and when also considering that so far all monthly heroes have been Male (Lif, Chrom, Bramimond) it becomes pretty apparent as to who would be the first 3H legendary. This means that the other two will arrive soon enough, I expect the next Legendary to be either Claude, or they could move Peony to make a place for Dimitri in June and August goes to the last one of them. August however can be a filler (hopefully Seliph) as during that period the Lords will receive the Brave alts.

About Edelgard as a unit I have been thinking of how to make her more consistent. I am wondering, how will Brave axe be one her supposing she has around 40 to 43 (when considering that a random seasonal had 43, she does deserve that Akt stat with a super boon as she is a Legendary that could appear again in September). Brave axe, Galeforce, her base kit and Heavy blade can give her the consistency she might lack allowing her to kill and activate the special effectively as depending on OHKOing the foe isn't the best thing. 

It is definitely the title, they should have called her literally anything else, what about Crimson Flower? Or maybe just leave out Flame and call her Emperor.

But for me it is not a big deal, as I have already played the game. But that title is a spoiler. So I am loving this new hero overall

Here's a bunch of other titles, they could have used, Edelgard, Conqueror of Fodlan, Edelgard, An Age for Humanity, Edelgard, Liberator. Edelgard, Adrestian Emperor

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

Depends on the enemies. I think Brave Axe is better against bulky ranged foes for more consistent and frequent Galeforce. Against a team full of melee units though, Aymr is better in my opinion since you do not have to worry about consistency anymore, as melee enemies will be providing the counter attack for the extra charge and she can just face tank anything on Enemy Phase.

Honestly, I don't think they are gonna run the 3H lords back to back to back like people are expecting. I would reckon one would be released in December. maybe one in the summer, for 1/2 anniversary if they wanted to. but i don't think IS would shoot their bullets like that. (If i had to guess - it would be Now - December - April. hitting the big money spending months)

Honestly, I can't remember what Edelgard's epitaph is at the end of 3H. I know that Dimitri is Tempest King & Saviour King. I will say as someone who hasn't played Radiant Dawn, basically any character they release spoils the game for me just a tiny bit more (I mean Brave Micaiah etc flat out did it for me). I am always careful about spoilers (when taking about any game) because I do believe it doesn't matter if it's 1 year, or 13 years if you are new to the franchise or for some games (Ie: Genealogy etc and you don't emulate) you simply don't know, so you wouldn't know. 

I think for an example - I am a big Doctor Who Fan (well, used to be). but i remember when it first came out i was like meh i'm not gonna watch it, so i watched the Regeneration scene of the 9th and 10th Doctor, and i was like "cool, they blow up." no context, no real big thing. But then when i actually watched the show, I was afraid that It was gonna be ruined for me because i knew what happened. but when watching and getting the whole build up to the moment - i was completely emotional. 

The Reveal of the Flame Emperor was a massive "THE EFF" moment, and I do think revealing it here the way they did will kind of lose the 😮 factor that you got when you got to chapter 11 and found out. But i also think (again) when you get the whole scope of the story, while someone may know - it will still be shocking.. 

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Honestly, I don't think they are gonna run the 3H lords back to back to back like people are expecting. I would reckon one would be released in December. maybe one in the summer, for 1/2 anniversary if they wanted to. but i don't think IS would shoot their bullets like that. (If i had to guess - it would be Now - December - April. hitting the big money spending months)

Honestly, I can't remember what Edelgard's epitaph is at the end of 3H. I know that Dimitri is Tempest King & Saviour King. I will say as someone who hasn't played Radiant Dawn, basically any character they release spoils the game for me just a tiny bit more (I mean Brave Micaiah etc flat out did it for me). I am always careful about spoilers (when taking about any game) because I do believe it doesn't matter if it's 1 year, or 13 years if you are new to the franchise or for some games (Ie: Genealogy etc and you don't emulate) you simply don't know, so you wouldn't know. 

I think for an example - I am a big Doctor Who Fan (well, used to be). but i remember when it first came out i was like meh i'm not gonna watch it, so i watched the Regeneration scene of the 9th and 10th Doctor, and i was like "cool, they blow up." no context, no real big thing. But then when i actually watched the show, I was afraid that It was gonna be ruined for me because i knew what happened. but when watching and getting the whole build up to the moment - i was completely emotional. 

The Reveal of the Flame Emperor was a massive "THE EFF" moment, and I do think revealing it here the way they did will kind of lose the 😮 factor that you got when you got to chapter 11 and found out. But i also think (again) when you get the whole scope of the story, while someone may know - it will still be shocking.. 

Seems like her epitah in her solo ending actually is Flame Emperor, I guess that would explain it.

It is kind of funny, but every single person I seen the playing the game has always guessed that Edelgard is the Flame Emperor at the end of chapter 6. If they were playing Black Eagles. Maybe it is less obvious in the other routes

1 minute ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Seems like her epitah in her solo ending actually is Flame Emperor, I guess that would explain it.

It is kind of funny, but every single person I seen the playing the game has always guessed that Edelgard is the Flame Emperor at the end of chapter 6. If they were playing Black Eagles. Maybe it is less obvious in the other routes

It was a complete surprise in Golden Deer, and they kinda give you hints in Blue Lions. 

27 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Given that they've been spacing out the Book 3 mythics rather than running them back to back, I think it'd make sense for them to do the same here.

16 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

It was a complete surprise in Golden Deer, and they kinda give you hints in Blue Lions. 

Yeah, I played Golden Deer first and was quite surprised.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Given that they've been spacing out the Book 3 mythics rather than running them back to back, I think it'd make sense for them to do the same here.

Yeah, I played Golden Deer first and was quite surprised.

Yeah there is that. not to mention there are other Legendaries they can toss in there in between. 

again. it being Edelgard now makes all the sense in the world to me. Big name, super popular, and again capitalizing on the newest game. I don't even really want to play the CYL game because ... well okay, I think it was obvious the 3H Lords would win, but  these are done  months in advance, so it would have had to be in the works before CYL 4 voting. Same with Alm (who also released in April, and got a Brave variant a few months later - after being completely vanished for like 2 years - last year really was Year of Alm, being a Meta changer, getting a brave alt, and having one of the best duo skills period).

For me. the longer they postpone Dimitri and Claude is the happier my orb savings will be.  

17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

First-time Black Eagles player here, unsurprisingly, Sometimes I wonder if I would have viewed events and differently if I started with another house. 

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Yeah there is that. not to mention there are other Legendaries they can toss in there in between. 

again. it being Edelgard now makes all the sense in the world to me. Big name, super popular, and again capitalizing on the newest game. I don't even really want to play the CYL game because ... well okay, I think it was obvious the 3H Lords would win, but  these are done  months in advance, so it would have had to be in the works before CYL 4 voting. Same with Alm (who also released in April, and got a Brave variant a few months later - after being completely vanished for like 2 years - last year really was Year of Alm, being a Meta changer, getting a brave alt, and having one of the best duo skills period).

For me. the longer they postpone Dimitri and Claude is the happier my orb savings will be.  

I am quite happy about it but I am also a massive fan of Edelgard. I think a lot of people are so their decision makes sense. To my understanding, three houses was incredibly successful financially.

If they actually released post if Dimitri immediately afterwards, but will be another hero I absolutely had to get. So it might get expensive.

I hope my current stack of 90 orbs will be enough to get Edelgard, but with an 8% chance it should be. I will get exclusively green orbs until I get her