Screwed Ike

So I'm playing through Hard Mode right now (with my own little challenge added to it, nothing important) and my Ike has been getting very screwed. I have not been planning to use him much but I'm worried he can't take on Ashnard like this. He's good on Speed but he only has 6 strength at level 10+ and I'm worried. I can't afford putting statboosters on him so I have to make a decision. I'm planning to use Ena in this run, so do I put the Wrath + Resolve combo on Ike or Ena? 

Edited by Muesli

Here is a bit of information that might help you make the decision. From what I remember of the 0% maniac mode LTC of PoR, Ena needs to increase strength by 2 and speed by 3 to one round both forms of Ashnard with Wrath and Resolve while transformed, which can be gotten by saving those stat boosters for her (or creative use of Bexp as you presumably aren't playing with 0% growths).

Its been a while but from what I can remember, you can always pick of Gifca to deal with Ashnard. Also both Ena and Nasir are capable to dealing damage to Ashnard, so theres that.

42 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

Its been a while but from what I can remember, you can always pick of Gifca to deal with Ashnard. Also both Ena and Nasir are capable to dealing damage to Ashnard, so theres that.

Your Royal Laguz of choice only appears after you've beaten Ashnard's first form on Hard mode.

at topic: You do get two Energy Drops over the course of the game. With those and a little bit of...massage via BEXP, Ike's Str still isn't hopeless even if it's 4-5 points behind its average right now. I would wait with the Energy Drops, though, in case he keeps not proccing Str, so that you can give them to Ena.

Thanks guys, it seems like I'm going with Wrath + Resolve Ena, I think that's gonna be fun

I would choose Giffca, but I'm planning to choose Naesala in this run so that won't really work

And yeah, I'll dump a little bexp on Ena, that should work just fine

• 4 weeks later...