Anyone here have any interesting hobbies or recreational activities?

Zerxen

Whenever I play through any video game I enjoy, I often daydream of characters and mechanics I would create/implement if I had the ability to create my "dream game." As embarrassing as it sounds, I have a collection of character designs saved on pinterest full of illustrations I would love to have in my dream FE game. Some of these designs are eerily similar to Dimitri and Mercedes from Three Houses- I say this because I have found these images before the game was ever officially revealed.

I don't have any skill, talent, or the time to create hacks but I often think about map designs and growth rates for units. I have no desire to actually make an FE game but I find it fun to fantasize.

I play the oboe! I am godawful at it, but I practice a lot. Maybe one day I'll be good!

Otherwise, I like cooking and eating. When I have time, I like to go camping, hiking, backpacking and cross-country skiing.

As of now since I graduated, I can't really think of many hobbies in particular (other than playing video games), let alone interesting ones. Most that comes to mind that may be considered interesting are my love of hanging around with my cats as well working to figure out how to set up, put together, and/or work with various things (ex. various programs or connections on a computer or some other devise, various physical objects or systems, etc).

The most interesting are probably SCA/HEMA, which both include swordfighting. I'm an Amring Sword/Buckler guy myself. I also cosplay, but its mostly medieval/armor based outfits. Then there's my writing, which I'm doing as a side project to work, but I do intend on finisging and publishing something along the line.

I cook a lot and I love reading.  I don't really have any interesting  hobbies, I would do cosplay, but there is no point where I live since there are no events to go to.  I used to make clay figures and I want to get back to that, just RL has been a bit too depressing the past several years for me to be in the frame of mind to make things.  I do beading sometimes if I find a pendant I like then I will design a necklace or bracelet for it, not that I wear much jewelry.

I am a total sucker for fluffy romance fanfics, Fire Emblem especially. No smut. Just wholesome romances between my favorite characters. They satisfy my hopelessly romantic self (and my distinct lack of an actual romantic relationship). They're also really great to read before bed to relax my mind from daily stress.

Edited by twilitfalchion

• 5 months later...

I am personally a tech enthusiast. I like to read articles and news about the latest technology especially about electronics gadgets such as earbuds, mobile phones, headphones, tablets, headsets, ipads, iphones etc. This is my hobby. I think one should read about the things you are interested in and learn new things to be more productive in your free time.

I used to draw and practice art for almost 3 years but got discouraged and haven't draw anything since the summer.
I help run local Smash Tournaments with a friend although recently we've some drama and groups a bit especially with Covid.
I don't really wanna try to find another hobby because I feel like I won't stick with it.

All I want and need is video games.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy reading, watching, and consuming the news in general. When I was a kid, I remember hating the news because it was so boring. As I grew older, I found news to be more interesting. I remember spending about an hour reading the news almost every day when I was in college. I now only do that about a few times a month, but I still glance over the headlines almost every day.

I enjoy listening to ASMR videos. I cannot do it every single day anymore because I get very desensitized very quickly. As an extension to ASMR, I like to cat huff, which is basically burying your face into your cat's soft furry belly and breathe. It gives me a milder ASMR feeling, but I can do it more frequently.

I also enjoy cooking. I like cooking stews/soups and steaks the most since they are pretty easy.

I used to enjoy reading a lot too, although once I got out of college, I have not read very much since.

I have definitely fantasized about creating a dream game too. I often fantasize about creating a multimedia series that is focused on exclusively waifus. Pokémon is most prominent in videogames, manga, anime, cards, and toys, and I wish I could create a series that also penetrate into multiple mediums.