Now that the games been out, which avatar will be defaulted!

I’m not counting smash since it just uses male since they typically build it before the game is even out. 

by default I just mean, which will a hypothetical warriors 2 use, or other spin offs (still waiting for a fighting game). As well as who gets the love in heroes, or etc. 

I think most can agree awakening defaulted to Male and Fates did to female 

for 3H I think they’ll default female, that way Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, and Byleth are an even gendered ratio when showing the game; but maybe Edelgard being the only girl to make her stand out is something they want anyway, and maybe they do prefer male 

granted Warriors is what really pushed Corrin into being female and KT makes both warriors and 3H. So I don’t know. I do think heroes is going to use female for their legendary when the get there and that may be what really decides it though. 

Heroes defaulted to Male Byleth for the free one distributed when Three Houses released, and when showing Legendary Edelgard's pair-up partner. Right now, those are the only two examples we have so if those are any indication, they'll default to male.

I didn’t catch that in Edelgard’s trailer 

but tbh if legendary dimitri comes I’m sure he will be paired with female Byleth because people really ship her and dimitri. So that will cancel. But your point is concrete and mine is speculation 

The games early examples had male Byleth with the Black Eagles, so it was seen as sort of the default way to go. I actually did Fbyleth in my Silver Snow run and MByleth in Azure Moon.

But I'm a woman so I feel more comfortable using FByleth.

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

I didn’t catch that in Edelgard’s trailer 

but tbh if legendary dimitri comes I’m sure he will be paired with female Byleth because people really ship her and dimitri. So that will cancel. But your point is concrete and mine is speculation 

i'm pretty sure people ship female byleth with edelgard much MUCH more than with dimitri

anyway, i'm inclined to think they'll default the female version, purely for gender-balancing reasons

I think Silver Snow default is Male Byleth, since the ending mural clearly showing male version. If they wanted the gender to be obscure, they could show Byleth facing away like Azure Moon.

And it makes S support ending with Rhea even more ironic, that Rhea trying to recreated her mother but ended up creating a man instead.

Verdant Wind I believe it should be Female Byleth, since you couldn't learn the whole truth about Claude unless you S Support with him.

Other wise the game abruptly making you the king without an explanation.

Warriors wasn't developed by IS and character picks to my knowledge weighed more towards KT than IS. So I really doubt the gender choices made were because they were intended as the default options for the respective MUs. The only reason why Female Corn is the main one in Warriors is likely because of how popular she is due to the number of people who are super horny over her default design.

Regardless I don't think it was intended to matter in Three Houses. Outside of some husbando pander there isn't really much of a difference between the two in the story or supports. Only thing that would imply something like is the fact that the figure that appears on the ending mural for Silver Snow is clearly male for some reason regardless of which ever you chose.

Spoiler

81d5nbiqbmo31.png?width=990&format=png&a

Female Byleth will get more alts in Heroes, but male will still be used as the "main" version just like male Robin and male Corrin still typically are because of male player bias.

Warriors will probably use alternate world magic to slot both in, sort of like Fates' Heirs of Fate DLC. Male with Black Eagles and female with Blue Lions.

35 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

Warriors wasn't developed by IS and character picks to my knowledge weighed more towards KT than IS. So I really doubt the gender choices made were because they were intended as the default options for the respective MUs. The only reason why Female Corn is the main one in Warriors is likely because of how popular she is due to the number of people who are super horny over her default design.

Regardless I don't think it was intended to matter in Three Houses. Outside of some husbando pander there isn't really much of a difference between the two in the story or supports. Only thing that would imply something like is the fact that the figure that appears on the ending mural for Silver Snow is clearly male for some reason regardless of which ever you chose.

Hide contents

81d5nbiqbmo31.png?width=990&format=png&a

And the fact that all the gem stone holders would have been Male if they did Male Corrin. Female Byleth will probably get more fan service due to being more popular in Heroes. To be fair, the Male is the default costume in Smash, though that’s probably to keep it consistent with Robin and Corrin.

9 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

for 3H I think they’ll default female, that way Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, and Byleth are an even gendered ratio when showing the game; but maybe Edelgard being the only girl to make her stand out is something they want anyway, and maybe they do prefer male 

Actually, Sothis is a sure given. Even if not playable she's sure to be in warriors 2. And there's also a chance that Rhea's gonna be in. So the only way for gender balancing is Male Byleth.

Male - Byleth, Dimitri, Claude

Female - Edelgard, Sothis, Rhea

49 minutes ago, Mashiro Yuuki said:

Actually, Sothis is a sure given. Even if not playable she's sure to be in warriors 2. And there's also a chance that Rhea's gonna be in. So the only way for gender balancing is Male Byleth.

The only way I could really see Sothis is if she appears in some of Byleth's special attacks (similar to how she shows up in Byleth's Final Smash in Smash)

Rhea's status as an NPC kind of makes me unsure how likely her appearance in a FEW2 is

1 hour ago, Mashiro Yuuki said:

Sothis and Rhea don't exactly fit in this group. Sure, they'll probably be in the game somehow, but "gender-balancing" for this group is not something they'll be a part of - and let's just get it out of the way that a hypothetical FEW2 would absolutely include more TH characters than these 6.

17 minutes ago, Florete said:

Sothis and Rhea don't exactly fit in this group. Sure, they'll probably be in the game somehow, but "gender-balancing" for this group is not something they'll be a part of - and let's just get it out of the way that a hypothetical FEW2 would absolutely include more TH characters than these 6.

Well, I don't really know if they are gonna be part of or not. How did they decide with first warriors? I know they choose F!Corrin because of gender balancing but Fates main characters are four males, four females. Five females if we count Azura.

3 minutes ago, Mashiro Yuuki said:

Well, I don't really know if they are gonna be part of or not. How did they decide with first warriors? I know they choose F!Corrin because of gender balancing but Fates main characters are four males, four females. Five females if we count Azura.

It wasn't gender balancing. At least, probably not. Female Corrin proved to be more popular than male very early on. If it was gender balancing, the game wouldn't have a clear majority of female playable characters.

They still used male Corrin for history mode though so I'm not sure their "choice" to use female Corrin in the story actually counts at all.

12 minutes ago, Florete said:

It wasn't gender balancing. At least, probably not. Female Corrin proved to be more popular than male very early on. If it was gender balancing, the game wouldn't have a clear majority of female playable characters.

They still used male Corrin for history mode though so I'm not sure their "choice" to use female Corrin in the story actually counts at all.

Strange. I remembered reading somewhere that F!Corrin was chosen because of gender balancing but now I can't find it anywhere.

But it doesn't really matter though. While I said about M!Byelth being the only choice for gender balancing, I would be surprised if they only add one byleth in the game. Because only one Byleth means there's only one house he leads and that's far more touchy subject than Avatar gender.

9 hours ago, CatManThree said:

I basically see it going the same way for Byleth too.

The reason I see Robin as a much better example of an Avatar might be because their design for both genders is quite literally the same in terms of clothing. There's no need for the division of opinion because their implementation used the hood to further shroud their identity and make it seem neutral. Corrin's design didn't allow this and Byleth's also doesn't. So you're just gonna get more horny people focusing down the female design with the latter two.

I think a part of it also comes from the personality though.

Both versions of Robin have distinct nuances to their personality that seperate them from each other.
Corrin and Byleth feel like they lack that and thus people focus more on their appearances.

I sorta wonder how Kris might be received by the massively horny side of the fandom. I dunno if there were many differences between gender there because I never got too far into New Mystery.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Was that not just to give the players access to Male Corrin if they wanted him?

1 minute ago, Light Strategist said:

Was that not just to give the players access to Male Corrin if they wanted him?

No, pre-DLC history mode used exclusively male Corrin for its story, to the point where none of the base game illustrations even had female Corrin at all. But it's not like they just swapped avatar genders for history mode, male Robin was still used as the "main" Robin (with female Robin as Grima) in the Awakening history map and was also used extensively in Lyn's history map.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Exactly what I mean. The four that get the spotlight will be house lords and Byleth so unless they specifically want Edelgard as the only female to draw attention to her, Byleth will likely be female 

Why are you assuming there will be Warriors 2? and if there is, whichever Byleth they choose won't prove anything because that game is not canon,but i do hope female gets to balance things like the first 3H banner. All the polls (being official Heroes ones or japanese magazines) have proven that female Byleth is more popular, so personally i hope she gets the Corrin treatment because a lot of media always use the male and while i understand why, it gets tiring.

And female Corrin isn't the default one always because Birthright and Azura exists (i think cipher treats the equally but they do have a bias towards female in heroes and merchandise).  

Coming back to the Byleths, the same way as Male Corrin is Birthright and Female is Conquest...maybe Male Byleth should represent Silver Snow and Female Crimson Flower, and the other routes can go either way the same as Revelation. 

11 hours ago, Yexin said:

i'm pretty sure people ship female byleth with edelgard much MUCH more than with dimitri

anyway, i'm inclined to think they'll default the female version, purely for gender-balancing reasons

and yeah Female Byleth is waaay more shipped with Edelgard, while i have actually seen a lot of Dimitri and Male Byleth (actually the same amount as female) specially by Japanese artists.

1 minute ago, charmedx3 said:

Why are you assuming there will be Warriors 2? and if there is, whichever Byleth they choose won't prove anything because that game is not canon,but i do hope female gets to balance things like the first 3H banner. All the polls (being official Heroes ones or japanese magazines) have proven that female Byleth is more popular, so personally i hope she gets the Corrin treatment because a lot of media always use the male and while i understand why, it gets tiring.

And female Corrin isn't the default one always because Birthright and Azura exists (i think cipher treats the equally but they do have a bias towards female in heroes and merchandise).  

Coming back to the Byleths, the same way as Male Corrin is Birthright and Female is Conquest...maybe Male Byleth should represent Silver Snow and Female Crimson Flower, and the other routes can go either way the same as Revelation. 

and yeah Female Byleth is waaay more shipped with Edelgard, while i have actually seen a lot of Dimitri and Male Byleth (actually the same amount as female) specially by Japanese artists.

Koei Tecmo has expressed interest in a Fire Emblem Warriors 2, and they said they were also satisfied with the first game's sales, so it's not really unreasonable to expect a sequel at some point

14 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

All the polls (being official Heroes ones or japanese magazines) have proven that female Byleth is more popular

well that's because FCorrin and FByleth are sexy anime girls with cool fantasy weapons

as for Robin, Male is more popular simply because Female's body is completely covered under that coat