• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I am, doing clears at 4AM when I should be in bed...sleeping is overrated, anyways

This map was certainly tricky. It required two specific skills and even then the team just managed to win by a hair. Also, that Gleipnir refine I found underwhelming turned out to be one of the key factors to clearing this map, turns out +8 Spd is a big deal and can be more useful than raw nuking power at times.

Enjoy the battle of the Galeforces!

Kiss my Bonus Doubling derrière.

This map was a stern reminder of why I made multiple hyper-invested teams. That Blue Manakete is a goddamn brickhouse that completely walled my Silvia team, and all the walls prevented me from keeping B!Ninian safe of my F!Grima team. So, it was time to bust out the The Nino & L!Marth Power Hour that hasn't seen action since Abyssal Naga. I immediately had Nino run around with L!Azura to handle all the major problem units, and L!Marth destroyed the Manaketes/Fáfnirs that tried to close in for cheap shots. Once Edelgard got stuck behind the Troubadour, the map became significantly easier and it was just a matter of throwing Nino at her after there were no dragons to mob anyone.

Fun fact: Silvia was able to one-round Edelgard on Infernal without needing an Armorsmasher, though Abyssal was too much. She does have an Armorsmasher for these situations, but the aforementioned B!Ninian problem meant I never got to try it.

Your Empress falls... to a carrot.

Spoiler

I just felt like recording with combat animations again, after who knows how long.
Think this was the first time I used Palla in a clear actually...

Edited by Xenomata

You'd think Edelgard of all people would tone down the dragons.

But anyway its my 100th clear. I briefly thought i'd let my first theme team do this Abyssal style, but it did't take long for me to reconsider. Sharena and Friends have a bit of problems keeping up with all this powercreep. They still managed to beat Inferanl though. Sharena and Raigh are the main damage dealers, Wrys supports and while this team isn't the best for Matthew, he managed to put in good work too.

Ledelgard's Ai behaved a bit oddly so I had to do a extra little dance at the end to avoid her.

@Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @Diovani Bressan @DLNarshen @Zeo @Maaka

Edited by Sasori

cleared abyssal difficulty with my beloved Brave Ike, reyson, leanne and elincia: ike tanked basically 90% of enemy units, while elincia disposed of the most offensive and frail ones

took me quite some time to figure out the best way to place my units in order to heal ike with reyson's and leanne's passive healing while also granting elincia +6 atk/spd thanks to leanne's hone fliers, but in the end i made it

honestly defeating edelgard was the easiest part of the battle for me

@daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @LordFrigid @mampfoid 

I didn't like my other clear too much, so let's sell Edelgard some nukes instead.

This clear was much more fun because I got to play with some of the newest toys in the game, as well as seeing that my crazy Midori build would work. Turns out I vastly underestimated her magical bulk; I was fully expecting her to be oneshot by the Blue Cavalier even with L!Eliwood's buffs, but Spendthrift + Lull Atk is incredible. Also, Nils' support pool is crazy if you get him right - turns out he's an amazing partner for Midori. She and Mininerva become monsters with this team comp.

Honestly... this was pretty easy! This shows me that Edelgard will not be a threat in Arena and Arena Assault at all.

This is the first Abyssal of Young Marth, and he did a pretty good job!

@daisy jane @Landmaster @Maaka @BoaFerox @mcsilas @Zeo @SatsumaFSoysoy @mampfoid

@LordFrigid Great video! I can see that Young Palla will be a excelent unit for your future videos!

@Sasori That was an impressive video! Sharena and friends were so capable to defeat the Adrestian Empire! Congrats!

I don't have time to see all others videos right now, but I will do it later.

Edit: The previous video had an audio problem, but now it's fixed.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

It took a while to replicate my first clear...and I ended up switching it up...opps...

You all missed a tonne of swearing, probably for the best.  OP student is OP.  I may pull off the OP student clear...one day when she's not  stat gimped.

12 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

It took a while to replicate my first clear...and I ended up switching it up...opps...

You all missed a tonne of swearing, probably for the best.  OP student is OP.  I may pull off the OP student clear...one day when she's not  stat gimped.

I got curious... why did you change difficulty in the middle of the video?

You started by playing Infernal, but you gave up and ended beating Lunatic instead.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

@Some Jerk I clicked on your video because it had young Minerva there. I've got to say, I'm really impressed with how tanky Midori is! I was nervous for her during many of the fights! 

@XRay @mampfoid @Landmaster Here's my clear:

https://streamable.com/7uygzz

I really didn't want to use a dancer, but the map was a bit annoying to navigate otherwise. There were some parts where I had to separate units, so units with triangle attack couldn't work. So sad! It was fun finally unleashing Cherche after getting her to +10 recently.

How does my merged NY Alfonse with Distant Def and other Res buffs not survive these mages on infernal? That is absolutely BS...

I cleared lunatic fairly easily, but infernal is way too much of a difficulty jump this time. Should've only been a small step above lunatic, not this.

Edited by Anacybele

When compared to Bramimond from previous month the abyssal of Edelgard was a piece of cake. The team was the typical duo of Legendary Eliwood and Peony and the two Sothises, the winter and the mythic one. Both stand at 52 Atk so it was easy. Also having Sothis herself take down Edelgard is strangely fun.

I just put RegSothis and Peony take down the armor slayer and Winter one with Eliwood cleared the other side. Then move move back to defeat the other enemies and leave Edelgard next to the Armor then RSothis took them down

@LordFrigid Quadding Leif is so beautiful. Palla's trio duo skill already coming in handy. Nice job!

@Alexmender Making Hilda work again... She certainly took out her anger on everyone in that map. Glad to see the Eirika refine came in handy! Great clear!

@Sasori The powercreep is definitely getting a bit insane for some of the old units to handle. Great job clearing this with those four! Glad to see they're at least still usable with the right sets. 

@Diovani Bressan Mini Marth!!! Kind of funny seeing a little kid one-shot Edelgard. Now do it without Nowi cleaning everyone else up Good job!

I had tried to do this with only Bartres and Firs, but lunge was sort of necessary to get the proper positioning, so bunny Fir wasn't able to take down Edelgard in any way. Regular Fir's attack is also way too low unfortunately, so I had to replace her with Florina. Also cannot wait to get spring Bartre his merges, as he really needs those extra stats.

One of Phoenixmaster's infernal solutions worked for me. That doesn't happen too often due to my units tending to have stat differences caused by IVs and merges and whatnot that cause the AI to behave differently. But thankfully that wasn't an issue this time even though two of the units required still had merges.

I wasn't in the mood to deal with reinforcement spam so here's a 1 turn clear video. Only took me 20 minutes since I needed to swap around skills/seals. Tibarn's -def and Edelgard's insane bonfire were not a fun combo lol. Needed chill def, def buff, and close guard to make sure he'd survive.

@Sasori Never thought I'd see anyone using a team of the original Askr squatters...maybe next time Virion can participate too. x)  Just as in the last clear of yours I watched, Raigh is a surprisingly potent unit here despite his statline and lack of a lot of merges.  Good idea taking advantage of WoM and Escape Route to get around the numerous obstacles, and nice job having Sharena finish off Edelgard with her own special!

In previous posts of mine I alluded to bringing back Julia, as well as deputing Narcian's new spring form.  The time has now come to fulfill those words.

In a way this team is the opposite of what I normally run.  Instead of the scion of darkness, the scion of light Seliph takes his place.  It's the first time I've used him in a clear, and he debuts as Julia's new support partner.  Nanna returns and does what she does best with her healing and providing crucial Gravity support.  It may be a new Jugdral team, but Narcian refuses to be left out and so will be intruding here too.  I cannot begin to tell you how good it feels to use a Narcian with functional offensive stats. 

Took multiple tries but I was able to manage a clear. Started out with Celica and Nino but decided to switch to just Nino & refreshers at the end. Wary Fighter Armor Knights are always a pain.

Spoiler

I beat up to infernal on my own, but I can't remember with absolute certainty who I used.

But I'm 95% sure it was a team of Duo Alfonse, Eir, Soiree Ishtar, and Soiree Reinhardt. Even if he's +spd -atk, Alfonse can still be thrown in front of most things and live.

Still needed to rely a bit on Sonya. But Overall I am happy that I could push Edelgard and Effie through. I hope that they give Effie an awesome Playerphase refine, she could have more potential there. As for Edelgard. I have gone with the Brave Axe/ Galeforce built. Which is really nice, finally an armor which is fun to use. 

Edited by Stroud

Okay.  Today is one of those days where I wish, i wish i wish, my phone was a piece of poop, because  some miracles occured. For example for the Infernal -  (which you would have thought would have given me some clue of how the Abyssal was gonna go), Flying Olivia was the MVP. yes.  Igrene (and Ophelia) were doing a lot of her thing (murdering people) but I needed to bait, or have a tank. (or a K.O) and even vs. the magic Olivia was just amazing. 

Then Came Abyssal. And this literally pissed me off because I couldn't figure out for the life of me. I tried almost every combination. the issue was I couldn't get Igrene's special charged in time. - okay let's use Duo Alfonse. Alfonse can take a few hits,  but he kept dying. Used Itsuki. He's a wall. kept dying to the Firesweep sword. Used Sophia. GREAT WALL, but then died to the firesweep sword. Ophelia. takes a LOT of damage from that stupid blue Manakete and i won't even mention how long it took me to figure out that chill atk was being implement by that dumb green mage. 

Used Reinhardt. Nope
Micaiah. Nope. 
Myrrh (who tanked Edelgard like the amazing girl she is but died to the blue mage). nope. 
Veronica to deploy debuffs. noppee. 
Babyzura. Nope. 
I was thinking okay you know, I don't need the gold cap, but it was more of seeing if i could do this.  Nothing doing

then i realised i had someone who was effective against armour and cavalry, and could take out a good chunk of the threats (including Edelgard) allowing Ophelia to obliterate those who had low res. 

and so

image0.png

another victory scored by Ophelia, but with a great assist by Baby Marth. Bless up.