May's Mythic Speculation: Anyone Feeling Anankos? Or is it a cold Day in Hel?

daisy jane

6 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

-looks at OG Veronica-

OG Veronica probably shouldn't be playable either, at least unless she stops being against Askr all the time for whatever reason or she's from another world like her Brave and bunny versions. And she probably won't, because having some consistent antagonists is more interesting and they're more likely to be developed than they would be if they just got shoved aside so they could be playable. I don't think Veronica's that great a character right now, but who knows.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

OG Veronica probably shouldn't be playable either, at least unless she stops being against Askr all the time for whatever reason or she's from another world like her Brave and bunny versions. And she probably won't, because having some consistent antagonists is more interesting and they're more likely to be developed than they would be if they just got shoved aside so they could be playable. I don't think Veronica's that great a character right now, but who knows.

Part of the issue Veronica struggles with is she's such a one-note idea as a villain so far - her best moment is when she talks to Seth during Book II, which was of course two Books ago. This is of course assuming you don't count dedVeronica in Book III as the same as OG Book I Veronica, she has a more interesting concept at least to me due to the inherent nature of the failed hero. I don't have the rabbit, but Brave Veronica is honestly even more boring a character than regular Veronica because she doesn't have the same opportunity for character growth.

Just now, SoulWeaver said:

Part of the issue Veronica struggles with is she's such a one-note idea as a villain so far - her best moment is when she talks to Seth during Book II, which was of course two Books ago. This is of course assuming you don't count dedVeronica in Book III as the same as OG Book I Veronica, she has a more interesting concept at least to me due to the inherent nature of the failed hero. I don't have the rabbit, but Brave Veronica is honestly even more boring a character than regular Veronica because she doesn't have the same opportunity for character growth.

Yeah, Heroes just doesn't seem to want to go for much quality with the writing for some reason, except in Forging Bonds. I do think the story is a little better now than when it was in books I and II, but not by a lot.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Heroes just doesn't seem to want to go for much quality with the writing for some reason, except in Forging Bonds. I do think the story is a little better now than when it was in books I and II, but not by a lot.

Forging Bonds was astounding in that it singlehandedly added Fjorm to my waifu list where Book II utterly failed to endear me to her at all. Based on what I've seen of Book IV, I'd say Lif and Thrasir's story will probably stay the best one for at least the rest of this year - I'm pretty sure I've already guessed IV's attempt at a surprise twist, both of them, but III caught me off guard more than twice - and still does, since we haven't seen Gustav as summonable yet, though that may play into what you said about some Units best remaining unsummonable.

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Forging Bonds was astounding in that it singlehandedly added Fjorm to my waifu list where Book II utterly failed to endear me to her at all. Based on what I've seen of Book IV, I'd say Lif and Thrasir's story will probably stay the best one for at least the rest of this year - I'm pretty sure I've already guessed IV's attempt at a surprise twist, both of them, but III caught me off guard more than twice - and still does, since we haven't seen Gustav as summonable yet, though that may play into what you said about some Units best remaining unsummonable.

I see what you mean. I hated Xander in Fates, but Heroes made him a little more endearing to me with his bunny outfit and Warriors made him fun as well. And yeah, though if Gustav and Henriette were to become summonable, I wouldn't mind too much, honestly.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see what you mean. I hated Xander in Fates, but Heroes made him a little more endearing to me with his bunny outfit and Warriors made him fun as well. And yeah, though if Gustav and Henriette were to become summonable, I wouldn't mind too much, honestly.

Have you ever seen the Support Science videos for Xander on YouTube? They break down exactly how Fates screwed him up really really well. I'll see if I can find the link tomorrow for you.
I'm just waiting for more princes and princesses of Askr to appear - Alfonse and Sharena's descriptions specifically refer to them as 'A prince/ss of Askr'

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Have you ever seen the Support Science videos for Xander on YouTube? They break down exactly how Fates screwed him up really really well. I'll see if I can find the link tomorrow for you.
I'm just waiting for more princes and princesses of Askr to appear - Alfonse and Sharena's descriptions specifically refer to them as 'A prince/ss of Askr'

No, but I'm not THAT interested anyway.

That'd be nice, but Hrid was described the same way for Nifl, eldest prince rather than the prince despite that he's the only one so far. So it could just be a thing IS decided to do or weird translation by the localization.

Edited by Anacybele

50 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Part of the issue Veronica struggles with is she's such a one-note idea as a villain so far - her best moment is when she talks to Seth during Book II, which was of course two Books ago.

Book I, you mean. Seth's banner was months before Book II started.

Though really, that technically didn't happen in any book since that was a paralogue.

The new mythic hero has to be a man🙏🙏

And I would say that they did not put any red hero because maybe they could not beat L!Eliwood in that month and that the new mythic hero is red and that hero is Roland in September 

Edited by MirandaFriege

6 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Surtr wasn't well received, maybe that's why. 

Surtr wasnt well recieved because his base kit made everone cry as soon as they encountered one. Now he is just a footnote.

I think we will get Hel at some point, but i am uncertain if she will be a Mythic. It would make the most sense for her to be a Mythic but IS has a tendency to break patterns if they see fit

8 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Surtr wasn't well received, maybe that's why. 

Surtr had a very powerful build and was released on a 2-character OC banner as part of a chain of unusual banners in New Heroes slots. I don't know of any reason to think the reaction to Surtr being playable at all was overall negative.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I didn't think Surtr should've been playable and I don't think Hel should be either. They just don't make sense that way. All FE games have named NPCs that are never playable. Heroes shouldn't be an exception.

Heroes has every reason to be an exception. It's not a normal FE game, it's a celebration of the FE series that brings together characters from throughout the series, whether they were originally playable or NPCs or villains, including ones from its own story. It already has enough precedent to justify adding absolutely anyone. And CYL shows that there's plenty of interest in adding Hel, just as there was with Surtr.

They seem to be currently having the mythic banners alternate between having OCs and main series characters. Thrasir, then Altina, then Lif, then Brammimond, now it's Hel's turn. Then we'll probably get a main series mythic in July and the first non-Peony Book 4 mythic in September.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

Surtr had a very powerful build and was released on a 2-character OC banner as part of a chain of unusual banners in New Heroes slots. I don't know of any reason to think the reaction to Surtr being playable at all was overall negative.

Heroes has every reason to be an exception. It's not a normal FE game, it's a celebration of the FE series that brings together characters from throughout the series, whether they were originally playable or NPCs or villains, including ones from its own story. It already has enough precedent to justify adding absolutely anyone. And CYL shows that there's plenty of interest in adding Hel, just as there was with Surtr.

They seem to be currently having the mythic banners alternate between having OCs and main series characters. Thrasir, then Altina, then Lif, then Brammimond, now it's Hel's turn. Then we'll probably get a main series mythic in July and the first non-Peony Book 4 mythic in September.

That's a pattern I don't like personally. Legendaries are full of important characters and for filler they have great one non lord ones like Julia, Azura etc. However Mythics despite having so many candidates they insist on putting OCs like Thrasir, Lif and potentially Hel and then the fairies. While there are countless characters that can be mythics from the entire Series, especially now that lore characters like Altina and Bramimond can become mythics. 

Edited by SuperNova125

You know, Astra Anakos makes a lot of sense. Thinking about it now, why wouldn't he be Astra? Isn't he an Astra dragon?

Colorless Astra dragon Anakos is my guess, too; he seems to be the most logical candidate.

However, I do think that Baldr (FE4 lore and the ancestor of Sigurd and Seliph) is coming sometime, too. He'd undoubtedly be a light elemented sword unit (probably cavalry.) Well, unless IS decides to make him a legendary instead of a mythic. Then he'd probably be a fire hero. Given the trend, though, he's probably going to be mytic.

Also, of course, I expect Hel to come into the game as an axe unit. She's already kind of lagging behind, so it could be anytime now. Her appearing as this month's mythic (or as July's, sharing with her subordinate and a certain empress) wouldn't surprise me in the least. She'd be a dark mythic, though, I think. Can't really imagine her as any other element.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Baldr is the ancestor of Leif and Altena (Altina? I always get these two names confused), too, via their mom (who is, obviously, also a descendant.)

Edited by Mercakete

28 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

You know, Astra Anakos makes a lot of sense. Thinking about it now, why wouldn't he be Astra? Isn't he an Astra dragon?

Colorless Astra dragon Anakos is my guess, too; he seems to be the most logical candidate.

However, I do think that Baldr (FE4 lore and the ancestor of Sigurd and Seliph) is coming sometime, too. He'd undoubtedly be a light elemented sword unit (probably cavalry.) Well, unless IS decides to make him a legendary instead of a mythic. Then he'd probably be a fire hero. Given the trend, though, he's probably going to be mytic.

Also, of course, I expect Hel to come into the game as an axe unit. She's already kind of lagging behind, so it could be anytime now. Her appearing as this month's mythic (or as July's, sharing with her subordinate and a certain empress) wouldn't surprise me in the least. She'd be a dark mythic, though, I think. Can't really imagine her as any other element.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Baldr is the ancestor of Leif and Altena (Altina? I always get these two names confused), too, via their mom (who is, obviously, also a descendant.)

Altena is the FE4 character, Altina is the Tellius mythic. 

805 orbs ready for this banner, I wonder if I'll reach 900 orbs before the banner arrives. With so many good fodder and good units, I haven't summoned in months. I'll have to upgrade my barracks, though.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Altena is the FE4 character, Altina is the Tellius mythic. 

I appreciate it, but every time someone tells me this I forget it again. Probably best to leave me in my confusion this case. I don't think I'll ever not confuse them. x_x

I'm guessing the new mythic will be red or green this month. If it is red I am hoping for Medeus though Fomortiis would be neat to see and if it is green I would like to see Mila though Hel would be fine too just to get her out of the way.

Assuming the Mythic isn't red it can probably be any of Valentian Catria, Christmas Zephiel or any of the Jugdral sword infantry units.

For green I am expecting Winter Sothis to show up here and Osian will probably fill the remaining green spot if the new mythic isn't green.

For colorless it would be great if Duo Marth showed up here since then all three colorless options would look great to me. If not then Eleanora will probably fill this spot.

So my personal wish is for the banner to look like this so that way red, green and colorless all will look like great options for me.

• Red: L!Eliwood, Lif, New Mythic (Medeus)
  • Blue: L!Ephraim, L!Lucina, L!Julia
  • Green: L!Hector, W!Sothis, Osian
  • Colorless: L!Alm, L!Leif, Duo Marth

Colorless Anankos seems too good to be true which means IS will probably do it to cuck me

It would be a good deal, regardless. Colorless is where I'm headed this month so whether it's Mythic Colorless or Eleanora or they go back to the Fallen Dragons, it's looking to be the winner. They'd have to try reaaalll hard to ruin that color for me.

2 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I'm guessing the new mythic will be red or green this month. If it is red I am hoping for Medeus though Fomortiis would be neat to see and if it is green I would like to see Mila though Hel would be fine too just to get her out of the way.

Assuming the Mythic isn't red it can probably be any of Valentian Catria, Christmas Zephiel or any of the Jugdral sword infantry units.

For green I am expecting Winter Sothis to show up here and Osian will probably fill the remaining green spot if the new mythic isn't green.

For colorless it would be great if Duo Marth showed up here since then all three colorless options would look great to me. If not then Eleanora will probably fill this spot.

So my personal wish is for the banner to look like this so that way red, green and colorless all will look like great options for me.

• Red: L!Eliwood, Lif, New Mythic (Medeus)
  • Blue: L!Ephraim, L!Lucina, L!Julia
  • Green: L!Hector, W!Sothis, Osian
  • Colorless: L!Alm, L!Leif, Duo Marth

If you havent gotten it yet and missed it. Seasonals are running on a seperate banner now, so i wouldnt expect seasonals in any Legendary Hero banners anymore at all.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

If you havent gotten it yet and missed it. Seasonals are running on a seperate banner now, so i wouldnt expect seasonals in any Legendary Hero banners anymore at all.

Why, was that in the notifications or are they doing those double special heroes banner every month now or something?

15 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Why, was that in the notifications or are they doing those double special heroes banner every month now or something?

They've been doing them every two months, which is enough to include all the (non-TT) Special Heroes.

Also, look at the legendary/mythic banner lineups. We've had 5 since they introduced the first Double Special banner in December, and we've only had 1 seasonal rerun on an 8% banner in the meantime. (Lukas, in January.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 2:36 PM, daisy jane said:

Let's Begin, Shall We?

xz7pi0qqowv41.png

Schedule updates (August forward):

• August:
    • Red: Eirika, Hrid
    • Blue: Naga, Julia
    • Green: Gunnthra, Hector
    • Colorless: Brammimond, Mila
  • September:
    • Red: Eliwood, Lif
    • Blue: Lucina, Ephraim
    • Green: Celica
    • Colorless: Leif
  • October:
    • Red: Ryoma, Marth
  • November:
    • Colorless: Alm

Don't ask me why, but I'm feeling a red legendary for June. It could be Sigurd or Seliph or sword Corrin. I also expect Ced and Eleanora (or, if not them, one of the green and colorless 5-stars listed above) to take up the space on green and colorless, with the third red being Eyvel or Lysithea or Midori. One of those reds.

For July, I wouldn't be surprised to see colorless Ashera here. But I'm kinda jumping ahead of myself here.