• Shadow Dragon
    • New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • Fates: Birthright
    • Fates: Conquest
    • Fates: Revelations
    • Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
    • Three Houses

I kind of flip flop between PoR and Three Houses. But I think the enduring answer has to PoR.

In my opinion, Tellius has not only the best map design in the franchise (I literally remember almost all of its maps by heart years later), but also the best story and the best overall cast of characters.

I actually struggle to find any issues with it, and those that I do find are nitpicks (inconsistent deployment limits, unnecessary story-based deployment restrictions in the first few chapters, and quite a few obviously underpowered, but still viable units). The issues that others bring up with it (being "too easy") flat out do not matter to me.

Edited by Etheus

Ergh, toss-up between berwick saga and Binding blade for me. Well, Berwick's not on the poll and the "get the dumb green units to escape" missions are starting to wear me down a little, so even if Berwick is added, I'll stay with binding blade for now.

1 hour ago, XavierStronome said:

Yeah. Self explanatory.

There's a bit of text underneath a person's avatar that tells everyone what their favourite FE is, making this thread redundant. :facepalm:

Like so: H8l4EaO.jpg

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Path of Radiance and Shadows of Valentia are my two favorites for me. They both have some of my favorite stories in the series, and they also have my favorite casts in the series, with the only characters I dislike in both games being Makalov and Faye. Sometimes it's hard for me to say which is my absolute favorite, though I usually lean a bit towards Path of Radiance.

Like NinjaMonkey said, this thread is a little redundant, but I voted for PoR. Great characters, great music, great art style, great story, and the narmy voice acting and other funny moments are the cherry on top for me.

Blazing Blade. I love the story, it's one of my favorite video game stories in all honesty, and the characters are some of the best in the series. I love the gameplay, the sprites, and the music. It's just an all-round super awesome package.

Dang, Binding blade is tied with PoR for the lead! I would never have seen that coming. I am glad that it's above FE7, too! Filthy non-canon fe7.

I doubt that it'll last long, but a small victory for our Boy is a victory for Pherae.

Path of Radiance

although Radiant Dawn is an almost complete improvement, PoR is the one i love the most

Sacred Stones hands down. I’ve played no other game as much. I somehow killed 3 separate game cartridges because I played it so much. I love the characters, the story, and it’s the only one that truly allows both full training and restrictions. And the only one of the two that had a post game. But both Tellius game are right behind it.

Edited by ciphertul

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

Path of Radiance

although Radiant Dawn is an almost complete improvement, PoR is the one i love the most

It really isn't a complete improvement. Not by a longshot.

Uneven and poorly designed difficulty curve (starts high, then drops off a cliff before raising again). It is a common flaw of the FE series that the games are at their hardest early on, but this one in particular just takes the piss.

Story based unit availability lead to the creation of deployment charts, which is just silly. It completely gimps certain units who leave for most of the game, only to come back underleveled.

Tons of blatantly underpowered units.

Micaiah's group is full of growth units who don't have sufficient time to grow.

The entire blood pact subplot.

Lack of support conversations leaves new characters underdeveloped and makes certain character endings come out of left field.

Excessive unit deployment requirements at endgame; requires quite a few units who have no business being deployed at endgame.

Three Houses, Shadows of Valentia and Path of Radiance are my top 3 but Three Houses is my favourite.

Not only does it have one of the best stories and great cast of well developed characters in the series in my opinion, I greatly appreciate the amount of creative control given over units and I'm a big fan of the more JRPG aspects carried over from SoV (like combat arts, magic, accessories and equipment, and a traversable area in the monastary). I also love the mechanical additions like battalions and gambits, link attacks and giant monsters. While the game does have its flaws like most things, overall, 3H is the closest thing to my ideal FE and it is by far my favourite.

17 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

There's a bit of text underneath a person's avatar that tells everyone what their favourite FE is, making this thread redundant. :facepalm:

Like so: H8l4EaO.jpg

I looked at this thread's name and wondered if anyone was gonna say anything.

But after seeing this, it dawned on me that people might not actually enter that specific field or as many other people have shared, they may have multiple.

For me, it's pretty even between Awakening and Path of Radiance.

1 minute ago, Light Strategist said:

I looked at this thread's name and wondered if anyone was gonna say anything.

But after seeing this, it dawned on me that people might not actually enter that specific field or as many other people have shared, they may have multiple.

For me, it's pretty even between Awakening and Path of Radiance.

Also, it's worth noting that anyone using the mobile client won't see these. And it isn't like the user profiles say WHY they like their favorite game or have a poll to show the popularity of each.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Also, it's worth noting that anyone using the mobile client won't see these. And it isn't like the user profiles say WHY they like their favorite game or have a poll to show the popularity of each.

Hasn't almost everyone else kinda just listed off their favourites without much reason though?

20 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

@SoulWeaver @Whisky @samthedigital

I call upon Binding Blade Gang!

No contest with the rest, it's the best game.

When our boy Roy be commanding the army,

War becomes more fun than a demandable party.

Yo, shout-outs to my boy Saul.

I already wrote up a whole essay on the game, and you want me to write more about it? Well alright.

The first time I played Binding Blade, it was actually one of my least favorite. Probably because I played it in Japanese and didn't know what was going on. For a long time, I would have considered FE7 to be my favorite, which I now consider to be pretty over rated (I still like it though). It wasn't until much more recently that I replayed Binding Blade, and really started to like it more after that. It seems like, the more times I play it, the more I like it. The more I play FE7, the more its flaws stand out to me. I've played various randomizers on each of the GBA games, and Binding Blade really feels the best for these playthroughs. There's so much that I like about this game.

I don't feel like repeating anything that I said in previous posts right now, but there's a lot of good things to say about this game, and the more I play it, the more good things I notice. For example, the Archers, Wolt and Dorothy, are considered to be very weak, but it's easy for them to contribute in some way, especially against the Wyvern Riders in Chapter 7. Even weak units can help out a lot in this game. Being able to deploy a lot of units makes it easier for weaker units to see more action too, unlike FE7, where the developers thought that the best way to make the game harder was to restrict how many units you can use while spamming hordes of enemies at you.

I have no issue with POR winning this poll though. It's a good game. Sacred Stones, POR, and Binding Blade are probably my top 3.

Edited by Whisky